• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do you like Laura better than George?

Do you like Laura better than George

• Yes, I like her better.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No, I don't like her better

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I hate both of them equally

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I like both of them equally

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • No opinion

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

americanwoman

dangerously addictive
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I don't always agree with our president George W. Bush but I have to say his wife, Laura is one classy lady. I like her alot better for some reason. She just seems like a good, down to earth kind of person. I would love to interview her or even just have the chance to meet her. Does anyone else agree, diagree, hate them both, or don't care?
*Please wait for poll.*

americanwoman said:
I don't always agree with our president George W. Bush but I have to say his wife, Laura is one classy lady. I like her alot better for some reason. She just seems like a good, down to earth kind of person. I would love to interview her or even just have the chance to meet her. Does anyone else agree, diagree, hate them both, or don't care?
*Please wait for poll.*

I like Laura Bush too. Not that I think liking the wife of the president is extremely important but I must say Theresa Heinz Kerry was a bit of a turn-off. But yeah the Bush' have a relationship that I can relate to more than the Clintons did. But really who the heck knows what goes on behind closed doors? They do seem like a loving couple though and Laura seems very smart and classy. So I guess the fact that she loves George is a plus in his favor.

She is a very nice lady, and the best thing that ever happened to Mr. Bush, that is for sure, and I am certain he would agree. Still, I like them both, and think they make a great couple, and are a fine example of your average American family.

Okay, I voted that I like her better, but I may have to re-think my answer because, as a person, I think George Bush is a funny guy and he clearly loves his wife. MSNBC does biographies, and I just watched Laura Bush's two weeks ago. I loved her. She didn't get married until she was 30. She was a democrat before she married George (I knew I liked her for a reason). She has always exuded class. She talked about trying to get pregnant and starting the adoption process when lo and behold, she was pregnant with her twins. She talked about having to tame George of his wild ways. I just found her to be warm and genuine, and I appreciated her candor.

I went to some function that Bush and Laura where they were kicking off a campaign on being healthy. Bush spoke about people needing to quit smoking (which I loved) and all that good $hit. I had my camera and took some lovely photos of Laura. With my telephoto lens, many people thought I was close to her (which I was not). Anyway, she is as pretty in person as she appears on TV.

Yes, Laura is totally cool. She can outswim, outrun, outfight and outshoot most guys. Plus she's totally a babe with those hips and those lips.

I think they're both likeable. One makes the laughter the other laughs at him, "milking the male horse".

Darnitall. I thought you meant Laura Petry:

mary_art2.GIF

I like them both equally. They seem to compliment each other well, as any good and loving couple does. You can easily see the love and admiration in his eyes whenever he makes mention of her... And often he does. I would that she were more politically motivated... Be fun to see her kick Hillary's a$$ in 08.

Laura strikes me as a mindless woman made of wax. More like a robot or a dog than a woman. With her perpetual fake smile. She seems absolutely brainless. But she seems nice enough.
George seems like a goofball rich kid who's never worked a day in his life, so he can be jolly and care-free. A good guy to get drunk and snort some lines with because he can pay for it all with his daddy's money. He seems like a fun guy to be around, so long as you don't give him any responsibility or put him in charge of anything.
I agree, they are a complimentary couple and I like them equally.

aps said:
I went to some function that Bush and Laura where they were kicking off a campaign on being healthy. Bush spoke about people needing to quit smoking (which I loved) and all that good $hit. I had my camera and took some lovely photos of Laura. With my telephoto lens, many people thought I was close to her (which I was not). Anyway, she is as pretty in person as she appears on TV.
And yet, from what I hear, Laura Bush is a chain smoker.

jfuh said:
I think they're both likeable. One makes the laughter the other laughs at him, "milking the male horse".
Not that you're flaming or anything, right? You would never.....;)

KCConservative said:
And yet, from what I hear, Laura Bush is a chain smoker.

No way, KC. I don't buy that for a second. She's too good for that disgusting habit.

I really like Laura too. I think she displays a lot of class and seems to have a warm heart. That is one thing I do like about George, his marriage seems so pure. I think it is so sweet when the media shows them hand in hand walking together. They seem very much in love almost like two school kids who just met. I think Laura seems a lot smarter than George. I also like her better than Hillery Clinton.

aps said:
Ugh. Then her level of class has gone down significantly for me. I think smoking is despicable.

Now, aps, I don't think its fair to solely jugde someone based on that. EVERYBODY has bad habits whether it be drinking, smoking, over eating, dirty houses, etc. Nobody is perfect, that is part of humane nature. If smoking takes the edge off and she enjoys it, so be it. It is her life, her choice and her health. Of course, I'm a smoker and an occasional drinker so I'm more open minded. I know I should quite, but I would hate to think that someone judges me solely on that.

alphieb said:
Now, aps, I don't think its fair to solely jugde someone based on that. EVERYBODY has bad habits whether it be drinking, smoking, over eating, dirty houses, etc. Nobody is perfect, that is part of humane nature. If smoking takes the edge off and she enjoys it, so be it. It is her life, her choice and her health. Of course, I'm a smoker and an occasional drinker so I'm more open minded. I know I should quite, but I would hate to think that someone judges me solely on that.

I know I sound harsh, alphie, but I despise smoking. What you and any smoker wants to do to your own body is your decision; however, I don't like it when it comes into contact with me. I walked to a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. I could not walk 10 seconds without being around someone who was smoking. I can't go have a drink with friends after work because I'll smell like an ashtray when I come out of the bar and I don't like inhaling second-hand. Second-hand smoke kills thousands of people every year. If people smoked ONLY in their houses with the windows closed and in their cars with the windows rolled up, I would be more tolerant. But that is not the case.

aps said:
If people smoked ONLY in their houses with the windows closed and in their cars with the windows rolled up, I would be more tolerant. But that is not the case.

I hate these types of ridiculous comments. You want to try to get smoking outlawed? Go ahead and try but you can't just decide its illegal 'cause you don't like it.

I can see why you wouldn't want someone standing next to you smoking but to insist smokers only smoke in their house and car with the windows rolled up is total and complete BS. I never smoke in the house or car and only smoke outside. I also don't smoke around other people who aren't smoking. Actually I mostly sneak cigs in secret since currently my state has decided to begin treating smokers like the neighborhood crack addict!

Let me ask you something if you're walking down a busy street full of cars with a smoker on the same block....what's harming you more? All that car exhaust or the smoker? If you think its the smoker you are completely out of your gourd.

alphieb said:
I think Laura seems a lot smarter than George.

Not much of an endorsement. Has she actually ever said anything?

aps said:
I know I sound harsh, alphie, but I despise smoking. What you and any smoker wants to do to your own body is your decision; however, I don't like it when it comes into contact with me. I walked to a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. I could not walk 10 seconds without being around someone who was smoking. I can't go have a drink with friends after work because I'll smell like an ashtray when I come out of the bar and I don't like inhaling second-hand. Second-hand smoke kills thousands of people every year. If people smoked ONLY in their houses with the windows closed and in their cars with the windows rolled up, I would be more tolerant. But that is not the case.

I don't blame you aps, I smoke in my basement away from my kids or in my car. You should have a right to be able to refrain from it.

Iriemon said:
Not much of an endorsement. Has she actually ever said anything?

I know this is shallow, but she looks smarter. George looks kind of dumb.

We all have our cruxes.

I personally like to imbibe of the alcohol. Not on a daily basis of course, and I tend to stick with beer as most hard liquor is vile to me.

I hate smelling like an ashtray after hanging out around people who smoke or at a bar, and even though I don't consider myself even close to what one would consider an avid smoker, I do like to smoke a cig with my beer from time to time. I rarely do this and it has been literally months since I have smoked a single cig.

Didn't George appoint her as head of some kind of anti-gang task force or something? Bwahahahahaha! She has all the street credibility to make the bloods and crips come together and work for social justice.
And it shows how much Bush cares about all of the disillusioned inner-city youth.

alphieb said:
I don't blame you aps, I smoke in my basement away from my kids or in my car. You should have a right to be able to refrain from it.

I am so happy to hear you don't smoke in front of your kids! xoxooxoxo

Back
Top Bottom