• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you believe Trump will win the popular vote?

Will Trump win the popular vote?

• Yes

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 48 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why is it inherently better, that election after election, only a handful of states make the decision?

You seem to think the elective college should be banned.So it is you who should be answering that question.
How is that objectively better.

Oh I know you can make lofty and long winded speeches about the “wise” founders and how just, amazing they were.

But I’ve always found the EC to be not good for this very reason.

Same with FPTP systems as well.

Proportional representation is what I actually think is best if we truly want the voice of the people heard.

But I don’t see how the tyranny of the cities is any different to the tyranny of Florida and Ohio, objectively speaking.

People who piss, bitch and moan about the electoral college tend to the ones upset that Commie-fornia and New York didn't get to elect Hillary.

You seem to think the elective college should be banned.So it is you who should be answering that question.

People who piss, bitch and moan about the electoral college tend to the ones upset that Commie-fornia and New York didn't get to elect Hillary.

What are you on about?

I've always been against it... Because it's stupid.

Period.

And you cannot actually explain why it's any better that a handful of states get to decide, election after election, to the detriment of the rest of the nation and their voices. :shrug:.

What are you on about?

I've always been against it... Because it's stupid.

Period.

And you cannot actually explain why it's any better that a handful of states get to decide, election after election, to the detriment of the rest of the nation and their voices. :shrug:.
A handful of states with the electoral college system do not get to decide the election,so your premise is bull****.

A handful of states with the electoral college system do not get to decide the election,so your premise is bull****.

Yet again, none of you can actually verbalized your point properly and come now, come now jamesrage... Let’s not get silly here.

You know, full well that only a handful of states are battleground states and those states are where candidates spend the vast majority of their time and that is what I am saying.

To the detriment of most of the country where they know the outcome is determined, they ignore...

So even if we accept the argument that, just letting the cities decide is detrimental...

I don’t see how inversely, it’s any better or worse that states like Ohio and Florida, election after election, get more attention than the rest of the nation and it’s people.

You can’t actually argue that without just getting into fluff about the founding fathers this and that and why the idea itself has merit.

Yet again, none of you can actually verbalized your point properly and come now, come now jamesrage... Let’s not get silly here.

You know, full well that only a handful of states are battleground states and those states are where candidates spend the vast majority of their time and that is what I am saying.

To the detriment of most of the country where they know the outcome is determined, they ignore...

So even if we accept the argument that, just letting the cities decide is detrimental...

I don’t see how inversely, it’s any better or worse that states like Ohio and Florida, election after election, get more attention than the rest of the nation and it’s people.

You can’t actually argue that without just getting into fluff about the founding fathers this and that and why the idea itself has merit.

Again a handful of states do not get to decide the election for the whole country under the electoral college system. The popular vote on the other hand does seeing how densely populated states do get to decide the election.

Back
Top Bottom