• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you Agree that when Doctors identify a baby's "sex," that they are "guessing?"

Do you Agree or Disagree that when Doctors identify a baby's "sex," they are just "guessing?"

• Total voters
More thought crime accusations and assigning motives.
It does not matter in the big picture of life, that you are unwilling to learn...and have difficulties when it comes to respecting the rights of others to live their life as they choose.

It does not matter in the big picture of life, that you are unwilling to learn...and have difficulties when it comes to respecting the rights of others to live their life as they choose.

Nope. You're disrespecting my rights and the rights of my child.

Focus on the education of curriculum, and as a parent, I will prepare my child for life.

That is NOT your job. Stay in your lane.

Nope. You're disrespecting my rights and the rights of my child.

Focus on the education of curriculum, and as a parent, I will prepare my child for life.

That is NOT your job. Stay in your lane.
Do what works for you... but you can't dictate anything to society.

You can't dictate your emotional conundrums upon my child.

Stay in your lane and educate them on the curriculum.

Nobody cares about your societal opinions.

If I want to teach my child Islam and that Allah is the only God, it's none of your business.

If I want to teach my child that Ganesha has 8 arms and an elephants trunk, that's none of your business.

If I want my child to learn that progressives are dumbasses, that's none of your business.

The schools business is to educate my child on curriculum and prepare them to pass tests.

Stay in your lane.

If I want to teach my child Islam and that Allah is the only God, it's none of your business.

If I want to teach my child that Ganesha has 8 arms and an elephants trunk, that's none of your business.

If I want my child to learn that progressives are dumbasses, that's none of your business.

The schools business is to educate my child on curriculum and prepare them to pass tests.

Stay in your lane.
Geez....

Good Bye

Stay in your lane.

They can't. They're being brainwashed into thinking that they are doing something for the greater good. Ironically, these are the same people who say they hate "cults".

Nota, the rather obvious reason that teachers need to discuss that kind of thing is to promote their online social profile! If one doesn't have a compelling story to regale the online population with then life just isn't worth living!
You're such a cynic. I was thinking that he needs continual validation even from 5-year olds.

If that was during class time, that teacher should be fired.

So should any teacher that brings up their religious beliefs during class time.
Well, or proselytizing about any personal issue, e.g. eating meat, owning pets...you get the picture.

The issue here is that we have snippet of a long conversation. We don't know the full context. Perhaps he wasn't talking to K-3 students. We don't know if a parent or student brought up the subject matter.

When you build relationship with your students or co-workers, it is always helpful to give a little background. It shows humanity and allows there to be personal connections.
You're preaching to the choir, Brother. And review the OP; it states that this was a Zoom call to K-2 kids.

You're preaching to the choir, Brother. And review the OP; it states that this was a Zoom call to K-2 kids.

I agree that it is one thing to give a little info about oneself to a class one is going to be teaching. But that should not involve something like this teacher was doing. These children don't need to know anything about this person's sex, sexuality, etc. That is too personal even for a "cis-gendered" teacher to broach.

Now this (apparently) female-to-male transgendered teacher presents as a man. As far as the children know, s/he IS a "man." So there is no reason to talk about His/Her "invisible" self and explain how it came about. When dealing with children that young one should expect major curiosity, and by opening this door to the K - 2 kids in His/Her AND the other participating teachers classes it is bound to arise again during normal classes thereafter.

Kids that age have questions. Lot's and lots of questions. This teacher knows this, or should anyway, so this would not be a one-of, but IMO certain to create future inquiries in the regular classroom situations. That's where the issue may really become a problem for most parents.

I agree that it is one thing to give a little info about oneself to a class one is going to be teaching. But that should not involve something like this teacher was doing. These children don't need to know anything about this person's sex, sexuality, etc. That is too personal even for a "cis-gendered" teacher to broach.

Now this (apparently) female-to-male transgendered teacher presents as a man. As far as the children know, s/he IS a "man." So there is no reason to talk about His/Her "invisible" self and explain how it came about. When dealing with children that young one should expect major curiosity, and by opening this door to the K - 2 kids in His/Her AND the other participating teachers classes it is bound to arise again during normal classes thereafter.

Kids that age have questions. Lot's and lots of questions. This teacher knows this, or should anyway, so this would not be a one-of, but IMO certain to create future inquiries in the regular classroom situations. That's where the issue may really become a problem for most parents.
I agree with you, but my kids at ages 5-7 didn't even know that there was a door.

Let me just say this here:

Transgender people exist. Gender Dysphoria exists. Some children hide their gender identity and their symptoms of GD from their friends, parents, and medical professionals. There is nothing wrong with the message of "be yourself". That's all what the teacher was trying to do. Look at this way: He's saying, it's okay to be transgender.

The fact that the GOP continues to both coddle Donald Trump and engage in these silly cultural war battles (the GOP is banning books now), simply means that my protest of the Republican Party will continue into the 2022 midterms. It officially started in 2018. As a cultural liberal, I cannot comprehend this obsession over less than .7% of the U.S population and trying to muffle discussions of racism within our society. Do what you want to do, but I am not going to partake these regressive politics.

You cannot even refer to the teacher as a he and him?

Let me just say this here:

Transgender people exist. Gender Dysphoria exists. Some children hide their gender identity and their symptoms of GD from their friends, parents, and medical professionals. There is nothing wrong with the message of "be yourself". That's all what the teacher was trying to do. Look at this way: He's saying, it's okay to be transgender.

The fact that the GOP continues to both coddle Donald Trump and engage in these silly cultural war battles (the GOP is banning books now), simply means that my protest of the Republican Party will continue into the 2022 midterms. It officially started in 2018. As a cultural liberal, I cannot comprehend this obsession over less than .7% of the U.S population and trying to muffle discussions of racism within our society. Do what you want to do, but I am not going to partake these regressive politics.
Of course, there is nothing wrong with "be yourself," or as Polonius told Hamlet, "To thine own self be true; thus, thou canst be false to any man." Horrors, let's update that "man" to "anyone."

Whatever his intentions, that teacher's "sharing" was inappropriate for and audience of students and in particular this age group.

Yes it does. Sex is not disordered, the use of contraceptives is, and teaching to use contraceptives is a primary purposes of leftist “sex education”

Yes. Because it is natural

Not correct. There is many ways to educate someone to make worse decisions. Such as contraceptives or pharmaceutical abortion (plan B)

The decline of adult responsibility in adolescents is certainly a problem, also caused by the left, and needs to be addressed
How does educating underage students on the use of contraceptives cause them to make worse decisions? Isn't the worst decision in this case to have unprotected sex with underage students?

It is not the left that is advocating under-educating students who are capable of spreading STD's to each other and getting each other pregnant.

This is a bit disingenuous, as sufferers of the de la Chapelle syndrome, (XX Male-Syndrome) are females which present with various forms of male characteristics due to "corrupted" (my term) X chromosomes provided by the father. I believe they are what one used to refer to as "hermaphrodites." Today they are used as examples of "males" because they do have access to the SRY gene.

As for "Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome," that is a male (XY) with a problem with receptors for androgyn which impairs or prevents the development of male genitals or puberty development.

In neither case are we talking "transgender" ideology. The first is (or at least used to be pre-woke) a FEMALE with impaired chromosomes, while the second is a MALE with impaired chromosomes.

A physician delivering either is likely to note some physical issues at time of birth, and as I mentioned in a prior post, seek to run tests to determine the problem.

If not discovered at time of birth the issue will arise in time and upon later examination.
I bolded the important point above. People with XX-male-Syndrome are biological, karyotypical females. That they are men with a male phenotype doesn't change their biological sex.

How this relates to the transgender (which is not an ideology, by the way) is that we have proof that in rare circumstances biological males are girls and women, and biological females are boys and men. Therefore the gender label we can and should use is not inextricable from biological sex. Wouldn't you agree with this logic?

The point here is that, though highly correlated, phenotype does not determine biological sex. Therefore, when a doctor determines a baby's sex based on phenotype alone, she is making an educated guess that might be wrong. The phenotype of a transgender person does not necessarily indicate their biological sex, nor does it necessarily indicate their gender label. Gender labels and gender expressions can be changed. Biological sex cannot be.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with "be yourself," or as Polonius told Hamlet, "To thine own self be true; thus, thou canst be false to any man." Horrors, let's update that "man" to "anyone."

Whatever his intentions, that teacher's "sharing" was inappropriate for and audience of students and in particular this age group.
How so? The problem here is that we're dealing in subjective territory. Why is 7 too young to understand that gender is about personal preference rather than something biological? Don't you see my point. We all would agree that a teacher ranting about his "witch" wife would be inappropriate. We would also agree that teachers showing 6 year olds how to use a condom would be inappropriate. But a discussion about preferential identity doesn't seem inappropriate for any age.

I bolded the important point above. People with XX-male-Syndrome are biological, karyotypical females. That they are men with a male phenotype doesn't change their biological sex.

How this relates to the transgender (which is not an ideology, by the way) is that we have proof that in rare circumstances biological males are girls and women, and biological females are boys and men. Therefore the gender label we can and should use is not inextricable from biological sex. Wouldn't you agree with this logic?

The point here is that, though highly correlated, phenotype does not determine biological sex. Therefore, when a doctor determines a baby's sex based on phenotype alone, she is making an educated guess that might be wrong. The phenotype of a transgender person does not necessarily indicate their biological sex, nor does it necessarily indicate their gender label. Gender labels and gender expressions can be changed. Biological sex cannot be.
What you wrote here is exactly the point many on the right seem to ignore.

Being transgender is no big deal. It simply means ones gender and sex do not align with each other. Gender is about personal preference. It's a choice someone makes about themselves. Sex is something you cannot choose. It's about inter-plumbing.

Reactions: lwf
Most doctors can determine the sex of the baby simply by looking at the genitalia. If baby has penis, it is a boy. If a vagina, it is a girl.

This method has worked very well for thousands of years! The best part is, this method works even if you're not a doctor.
Physically, yes. Mentally no.

And then there are those who physically have characteristics of both sexes. Not as simple as you think it is...

That teacher is a weirdo. It’s amazing there are more of them.

Back
Top Bottom