• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do we really need to debate this?

Increasing military spending
right wing nominees to the federal courts
trying to protect Christians.

Plenty of reasons to support President Trump no matter how horrible a person he is.

protecting Christians from what?

Bullsheet. I am stating what every normal person on the planet thinks. Go f yourself.

who exactly appointed you the spokesman for "every normal person" on the planet? I do note that lefties have a hard time comprehending that not everyone buys into their BS and many who do not-are just as moral and just as smart as the lefties are.

Are you a good person or not?

1. Oh, yes, I am one of the best human beings ever born.

2. That's why I have to vote for President Trump.

3. President Trump is honest in telling us exactly what he thinks.

4. Many Dems are hypocrites. Look at Ms. Nancy: She kneels, she dismisses vandalism, she defames federal agents, she rips up a President's speech, etc. Yet many Dems idolize her. Look at those Hollywood Dems who say the most terrible things about the President, even comparing him to Germany's World War II tyrant. Finally, look at all those supporters of BLM, who would call the cops in a New York minute if they were the victim of a violent crime.

5. Quite frankly, it is a badge of honor to be labeled a Trump supporter.

6. Yes, the Dems will win big on November 3, but the nation will lose big.

We're the same age or close to it.
The country we grew up in was the tail end of The New Deal, which as you indirectly pointed out, came to a close with the dawn of the 1980's.
I was born in 1957. It was a time that economically could be expressed by what happened the day JFK was assassinated. I was sitting in my first grade class when another teacher entered the room and whispered something in our teacher's ear. Our teacher's face grimaced in shock but nobody told us what had happened. They just said, "school is over for today. Go home." It was assumed in 1963 that someone would be home to receive the children. It was a time when a father's salary was enough to support a family. Today, it typically requires two incomes to support a family, which underscores the level to which average families have fallen economically.

As I’ve watched over the years the things said/posted daily by lefties, the reality is that your high horse is, at best, a jackass.
You should know from personal experience.

4. Many Dems are hypocrites. Look at Ms. Nancy: She kneels, she dismisses vandalism, she defames federal agents, she rips up a President's speech, etc. Yet many Dems idolize her. Look at those Hollywood Dems who say the most terrible things about the President, even comparing him to Germany's World War II tyrant. Finally, look at all those supporters of BLM, who would call the cops in a New York minute if they were the victim of a violent crime.

If you think President Trump is honest in telling you exactly what he thinks, then you have been completely conned by the guy who tells you whatever he wants to put himself in your good graces and what you want to hear. Remember, he told you in 2016 that he was going to build a southern border wall and Mexico was going to pay for it. Did Mexico send a check yet? Meanwhile, only a small sliver of the 2,000 mile border has anything, which isn't a "bug beautiful wall." It's a metal barrier.

He told West Virginia coal miners that he was going to 'being back their high paying coal jobs.' Under Trump, coal jobs have declined.

He told you in 2017 that he already had a plan to make health care 'cheaper, cover more people and provide more services.' The plan the GOP rolled out, made coverage more expensive, covered less and would reduce the number of people in insurance.

He told you he would protect preexisting condition coverage but is in court trying to have the current law declared unconstitutional, which would go back to denying people with preexisting conditions insurance.

He told you he was going to raise taxes on 'people like himself' but the 2017 tax-cut lowered taxes on the rich and had a special provision to lower taxes on real estate developers.

The latest revelation is that while he was telling you that Covid was going to go away in a week, he knew that it was a deadly pandemic level virus but withheld that knowledge because revealing the truth might rock his re-election chances. So, he valued winning the election over the lives of Americans.

The list is too lengthy to list all the lies and false promises that Trump has made to you. You are clearly too far-gone drinking the Kool Aid to be saved but there may be others reading this that can be influenced. It's shocking that someone with eyes, ears and a brain can't see through the complete bullshi* that Trump lays on his supporter, that they just take at face-value without applying any critical thinking.

BB3C5CAF-4BAF-46CF-B023-7B18559F5C89.jpg

The Democratic Party LOVES monopolies.

Elizabeth Warren minimally was on track to at least be the VP candidate, until she made the politically fatal mistake of saying she would break up Amazon and Google.

INSTANTLY, the Democratic MSM - CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC and press - NYT, LAT - all of them - were raging "Warren is too radical!" over and over and over and over. Her fund raising dropped to zero and she crashed in the polls. She has committed the unforgiveable since. NAMING rich people and companies in her ranting against the rich. Biden NEVER will do so. Ever. Never has. Not in 47 years.

To the contrary, Joe Biden met with millionaires and billionaires promising he would not raise their taxes and "nothing fundamentally will change" if he is elected, explaining he can't win without their support.

Immediately, the same MSM and press said Joe Biden will be the Democratic Party candidate and using covid-19 as an excuse cut off Bernie Sanders microphone (figuratively) declaring Biden has already locked down the nomination - when in fact without counting Democrat super delegates it was a dead heat and Warrens, Harris's and most other candidates voters were jumping to Sanders.

Joe Biden is the Democratic Party nominee because he sold his soul to the super rich. But remember, when he first ran for Congress he openly stated he will sell him self as a politician for votes. He literally said that. He always has. Still does. Joe Biden is for sale to the highest bidder - domestic or foreign. It is his entire political history.

Why are credit card interest rates as high as 36% and nearly all over 20%? Exactly one person - Joe Biden. He is who has always carried the water for the credit card companies. They bought him. You can't afford him.
Biden does not control credit interest rates.
Your credit card high interest rates are due to your bad credit.

Are we really trying to figure out who to vote for individually and nationally? I can give you a pass for 2016 begrudgingly because I know right wing media has been after the Clintons since 92 and if you watch that crap you have been indoctrinated. But now after over three years of daily madness, after countless examples of Trumps unfitness for the office and you still want to vote for him, that I cannot excuse. I have notified my facebook friends that if they are Trump supporters, I want nothing to do with them. The gulf between us is too wide, it is like rooting for the guys who beat protesters in Selma. There is no moral case for wanting Trump to continue his assault on everything all of us have cherished for generations. You can spout some silly argument until your fingers ache but decent people have had enough. The world has had enough. What is the source of your rage? Why are you so angry and bitter? You must dig into yourself and ask those questions before you can regain any sense of worth to me and countless millions. No, I will not forgive you for voting for him, I will do anything I can to prevent us from suffering another four years of this insanity. Are you a good person or not? That is the essential question each of us must ask before voting.

I don’t think it’s really much of a debate anymore. At least not to the extent Trump voters wish it were.

who is doing physical harm exclusively against Christians and getting away with it?

Turks for one. Remember the minister they were holding that the Trump Admin. got released.

Are we really trying to figure out who to vote for individually and nationally? I can give you a pass for 2016 begrudgingly because I know right wing media has been after the Clintons since 1992 and if you watch that crap you have been indoctrinated. But now after over three years of daily madness, after countless examples of Trumps unfitness for the office and you still want to vote for him, that I cannot excuse. I have notified my Facebook friends that if they are Trump supporters, I want nothing to do with them. The gulf between us is too wide, it is like rooting for the guys who beat protesters in Selma. There is no moral case for wanting Trump to continue his assault on everything all of us have cherished for generations. You can spout some silly argument until your fingers ache but decent people have had enough. The world has had enough. What is the source of your rage? Why are you so angry and bitter? You must dig into yourself and ask those questions before you can regain any sense of worth to me and countless millions. No, I will not forgive you for voting for him, I will do anything I can to prevent us from suffering another four years of this insanity. Are you a good person or not? That is the essential question each of us must ask before voting.

I do not give anyone a pass for hating Hillary Clinton. She was was a Senator from New York the first time she ran for President. The only problem with her was the stupid email scandal, which never would have happened if there had been no attack in Benghazi. I call it stupid because of the timing: conveniently when she won the Democratic nomination for President to make her lose the election while Republicans controlled Congress. But I will not say any more about the Clinton family.

After almost 10 months on DP, I am still waiting for Donald Trump supporters to prove me wrong about anything. They do not even try to disprove any of my claims, instead telling me, "You cannot prove a negative." That is complete nonsense. You can prove no crimes were committed to rule a suspect "not guilty" in court. It is not possible to be educated about Trump and believe anything I say about him is not correct. If it was, all Trump supporters on DP would have already proven me wrong about everything.. I will not stop asking them why they like the evil and deplorable dirtbag of a man named Donald John Trump Sr. It is a real shame he has a Biblical middle name but always acts like a guy who would hate John the Baptist.

joko104 said:
The Democratic Party LOVES monopolies.

Elizabeth Warren minimally was on track to at least be the VP candidate, until she made the politically fatal mistake of saying she would break up Amazon and Google.

INSTANTLY, the Democratic MSM - CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC and press - NYT, LAT - all of them - were raging "Warren is too radical!" over and over and over and over. Her fund raising dropped to zero and she crashed in the polls. She has committed the unforgiveable since. NAMING rich people and companies in her ranting against the rich. Biden NEVER will do so. Ever. Never has. Not in 47 years.

To the contrary, Joe Biden met with millionaires and billionaires promising he would not raise their taxes and "nothing fundamentally will change" if he is elected, explaining he can't win without their support.

Immediately, the same MSM and press said Joe Biden will be the Democratic Party candidate and using covid-19 as an excuse cut off Bernie Sanders microphone (figuratively) declaring Biden has already locked down the nomination - when in fact without counting Democrat super delegates it was a dead heat and Warrens, Harris's and most other candidates voters were jumping to Sanders.

Joe Biden is the Democratic Party nominee because he sold his soul to the super rich. But remember, when he first ran for Congress he openly stated he will sell him self as a politician for votes. He literally said that. He always has. Still does. Joe Biden is for sale to the highest bidder - domestic or foreign. It is his entire political history.

Why are credit card interest rates as high as 36% and nearly all over 20%? Exactly one person - Joe Biden. He is who has always carried the water for the credit card companies. They bought him. You can't afford him.
Wow, do you have a distorted and cockeyed way of viewing the world.

You accuse Joe Biden of 'meeting with millionaires and billionaires promising he would not raise their taxes and nothing fundamentally will change if he is elected.' Except he never did that. If you disagree, provide a citation. Instead, Joe Biden is on record of saying he'll opted to hike taxes only on the top 2 percent of earners. Meanwhile, the Republicans are the ones that gave the rich a yuuuge tax-cut in 2017. Why? House Republican: my donors told me to pass the tax bill “or don’t ever call me again” - Vox

We can look at Biden's policies of being just like Obama's policies. Obama raised taxes on the rich.

Oh and you have a distorted view of the primary too. Sanders got defeated fair and square. He counted on young voters coming out for him that never materialized.

I do not give anyone a pass for hating Hillary Clinton. She was was a Senator from New York the first time she ran for President. .

No she wasn't. She had not been a Senator from New York in years. She left the senate to be President Obama's first Secretary of State for a few years before stepping down and preparing her run for president.

Are we really trying to figure out who to vote for individually and nationally? I can give you a pass for 2016 begrudgingly because I know right wing media has been after the Clintons since 92 and if you watch that crap you have been indoctrinated. But now after over three years of daily madness, after countless examples of Trumps unfitness for the office and you still want to vote for him, that I cannot excuse. I have notified my facebook friends that if they are Trump supporters, I want nothing to do with them. The gulf between us is too wide, it is like rooting for the guys who beat protesters in Selma. There is no moral case for wanting Trump to continue his assault on everything all of us have cherished for generations. You can spout some silly argument until your fingers ache but decent people have had enough. The world has had enough. What is the source of your rage? Why are you so angry and bitter? You must dig into yourself and ask those questions before you can regain any sense of worth to me and countless millions. No, I will not forgive you for voting for him, I will do anything I can to prevent us from suffering another four years of this insanity. Are you a good person or not? That is the essential question each of us must ask before voting.

As for 2016, only Clinton supporters wanted her to become president, only Trump supporters want him. 2016 was an election between the two most unwanted to become the next president in our history. Or at least since 1952 when Gallup and Pew Research started keeping track of the major party favorable/unfavorable's. Read, positive and negative views of the candidates.

2016, 38% of the nation viewed Hillary positive, 56% negative. 36% of all Americans had a positive view of Trump, 60% negative. Both set records for the lowest favorable and highest unfavorable's. Both smashed Barry Goldwater's records from 1964 when he was viewed 43% favorable, 47% unfavorable. Trump and Clinton are the only two major party candidates to ever been seen favorable by less than 40% and are the only two to ever have an unfavorable of above 50%. Fact is only three major party candidates were seen favorable by less than 50% of all Americans. Goldwater 1964, Trump and Clinton 2016. Talking about have two bum candidates to choose from or two of the most disliked candidates. Here's the total list.

Highest to lowest favorable/unfavorable ratings of each major party presidential candidate.
Favorable/unfavorable
1956 Eisenhower 84/12%
1964 LBJ 81/13%
1976 Carter 81/16%
1960 JFK 80/14%
1960 Nixon 79/16%
1968 Nixon 79/22%
1976 Ford 79/20%
1972 Nixon 76/21%
1968 Humphrey 72/28%
1984 Reagan 70/30%
1980 Carter 68/32%
1984 Mondale 66/34%
1980 Reagan 64/31%
1992 Bill Clinton 64/33%
2008 Obama 62/35%
2012 Obama 62/37%
1956 Stevenson 61/31%
2004 G.W. Bush 61/39%
2008 McCain 60/35%
1992 G.H.W. Bush 59/40%
2000 G.W. Bush 58/38%
2004 Kerry 57/40%
1996 Bill Clinton 56/42%
1988 G.H.W. Bush 56/39%
2000 Gore 55/43%
2012 Romney 55/43%
1972 McGovern 55/41%
1996 Dole 54/45%
1988 Dukakis 50/45%
1964 Goldwater 43/47%
2016 Hillary Clinton 38/56%
2016 Donald Trump 36/60%

It's like both major parties made a major effort to find the most disliked and unwanted candidates and then nominate them.

As for 2020, I think the choice is simple. We have an adult vs. the man-child who calls other names, throws temper tantrums like a very spoiled four year old brat who's parents forgot to teach him any manners. A third grade schoolyard bully vs. the adult in the room.

What's wrong with wanting:

-lower taxes,
-secure borders and enforcement of our immigration laws,
-people not to loot and destroy businesses,
-the government not to use our antitrust laws to harm American companies, in favor of protecting foreign companies,
-allow state governments to decide how to deal with Covid for their own people, or
-our 2nd Amendment rights protected from idiotic do-nothing laws?

What is wrong with your memory and reading comprehension?

If you think President Trump is honest in telling you exactly what he thinks, then you have been completely conned by the guy who tells you whatever he wants to put himself in your good graces and what you want to hear. Remember, he told you in 2016 that he was going to build a southern border wall and Mexico was going to pay for it. Did Mexico send a check yet? Meanwhile, only a small sliver of the 2,000 mile border has anything, which isn't a "bug beautiful wall." It's a metal barrier.

He told West Virginia coal miners that he was going to 'being back their high paying coal jobs.' Under Trump, coal jobs have declined.

He told you in 2017 that he already had a plan to make health care 'cheaper, cover more people and provide more services.' The plan the GOP rolled out, made coverage more expensive, covered less and would reduce the number of people in insurance.

He told you he would protect preexisting condition coverage but is in court trying to have the current law declared unconstitutional, which would go back to denying people with preexisting conditions insurance.

He told you he was going to raise taxes on 'people like himself' but the 2017 tax-cut lowered taxes on the rich and had a special provision to lower taxes on real estate developers.

The latest revelation is that while he was telling you that Covid was going to go away in a week, he knew that it was a deadly pandemic level virus but withheld that knowledge because revealing the truth might rock his re-election chances. So, he valued winning the election over the lives of Americans.

The list is too lengthy to list all the lies and false promises that Trump has made to you. You are clearly too far-gone drinking the Kool Aid to be saved but there may be others reading this that can be influenced. It's shocking that someone with eyes, ears and a brain can't see through the complete bullshi* that Trump lays on his supporter, that they just take at face-value without applying any critical thinking.

Fair-minded people agree that President Trump has been unable to deliver on many promises because the Dems decided on Day 1 to be the Resistance.

Instead of acting like a genuine opposition, both Nancy and Chuck decided to obstruct the President on every issue.

If Nancy & Chuck & the media had acted like adults and worked with the President, many constructive things could have been realized for our country.

The Dems have, I admit, succeeded in destroying the President's tenure.

The Dems have won. Four years of petulant behavior will get them back into power.

The nation has lost.

But who cares. Right?

Have a nice day!

Fair-minded people agree that President Trump has been unable to deliver on many promises because the Dems decided on Day 1 to be the Resistance.

Instead of acting like a genuine opposition, both Nancy and Chuck decided to obstruct the President on every issue.

If Nancy & Chuck & the media had acted like adults and worked with the President, many constructive things could have been realized for our country.

The Dems have, I admit, succeeded in destroying the President's tenure.

The Dems have won. Four years of petulant behavior will get them back into power.

The nation has lost.

But who cares. Right?

Have a nice day!

Show your work.

The Republicans controlled the White House, the Senate and the House up until January 2018. How exactly did the Democrats make it unable for Trump to deliver? He promised a revitalization of infrastructure as part of his campaign and nothing ever emerged as even a proposal that Congress could act upon.

I find it ironic that you complain about "obstructing the president" when during Obama's terms Republicans were actively obstructing him. They even voted against their own bills if Obama supported them. Sen. Mitch McConnell, R-Ky added, "If Obama wanted it, we Republicans had to be against it. We are going to make him a one-term president."

In any case, I've heard the tired whiny talking point that Democrats, who were in the minority, obstructed Trump. As I said before, show your work. Cite examples. The right also asserted (falsely) that impeachment stopped Trump from getting his agenda passed. Funny how Nixon was able to work with Democrats to pass legislation in the middle of the Watergate hearings. With Trump, he threatened no action of legislation unless Democrats stopped investigating him.

Trump used executive orders to relax pollution control measures on coal, on his theory that that is what kept coal down. Well, coal companies have been going bankrupt afterwards and there are fewer coal employees that when he started.

Trump has nothing but excuses for why he has little to no accomplishments. The real reason, of course, is that he gives the nation no leadership and has the attention span of a flea.

To think that the right would vote for liberal values is just plain all out stupid.

Well it's because the Trump Cultists are dishonest and hypocritical. If Obama had tried 1/10th of what Trump has done, they would have lost their minds over it. I mean, the lost their minds over a tan suit, imagine if Obama had suggested that he'd adjourn Congress to get his way. You can almost hear their heads popping.

lol

Well it's because the anti-Trump Cultists are dishonest and hypocritical.

Damn right we need debates!!!!

We need as many debates as it takes to show the country how unfit Senile Joe Biden is to be president!!!

Best post I have ever read here.

This is a struggle between good and evil, right and wrong. This is not about politics.

For the first time there is no grey, this is black and white.

To naively think that the right should vote for a person that doesn't represent their values just because of Trump is rather stupid thinking.

Back
Top Bottom