• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do Waiting Periods Work?

A gun ban won't reduce crime significantly, though it will a little

Gun bans have been motivated by mass shootings, in the UK, Canada and Australia.

Any fool can criticize, complain, and condemn—and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
― Dale Carnegie

"We find that waiting periods cause large and statistically significant reductions in homicides. ... Estimates from this analysis also suggest that waiting periods reduce gun homicides by 17%. The results of both analyses confirm a large and robust effect of waiting periods on homicides. "

Guns aren't cheap and I suspect that there's a lot of buyers remorse right now as cash is in short supply during these hard economic times.
Lucky for those gun owners who may have remorse the supply of firearms and ammunition is still tight. They can sell there unwanted firearm and get back most, if not all, and possibly more than what they originally paid for the fierarm depending on the buyer and what they originally paid if they choose to.

Anyone know the price of a Colt 45 today, compared to last Spring/Summer ?
New or used? The used gun website I frequent has seen a slight increase in asking price over the last year as firearm selection has shrunk. Glocks are the most common gun I see on there and they have gone up about 25 bucks from last year to this one.

Back
Top Bottom