• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do Republicans Have a Plan for the Future?

Do the Republicans Have a Plan for the Future?

• YES

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • NO

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
Caine said:
When looking at the direction our country is going, im certain you must ask yourself this question. Do the Republicans have a Plan for the Future? Many issues that make me ponder this have to do with thier "plan" for Iraq. The "plan" it to stick to the original "plan". Is that really a plan for the "future"? Change is necessary, where would this country be without it? Also, one must look at the fiscal issues concerning our nation at the moment. The "plan" for the war was that the oil revenues would pay for the cost of the war. Instead, I have noticed that the future of the Social Security plan has paid for the War instead. Many people believe that this should be privatized, I ask you then, just how that is going to work for people who know nothing of the market, and don't make the kind of money to afford to pay someone for advise on it. The government refuses to address national medical insurance, as restrictions on foreign drugs cause drug costs to go through the roof, as well as medical insurance, and drug companies are making record profits. Millions and Millions of Americans are unemployed, yet the President and his party are allowing illegal immigrants to come over and take jobs he says "Americans' won't do". Many companies are forcing employees to quit smoking by a certain date or be fired because medical insurance is getting too costly. We are at war overseas, yet the government is cutting VA benefits to those who have fought in past wars in order to pay for this one. Americans here at home are suffering because the main focus of our government is a "Nation-Building" war in which the President himself said he does not agree with before being elected in 2000. The White House administration led by President Bush has come under legal scrutiny, as well as the Republican House Chair for illegal actions, and a Californian Republican congressman as well, for accepting bribes.

With all these problems, you must ask... Do the republicans really have a plan for the future??????

I believe their are alot of republicans who do have a plan for the future. What I would like to see is a plan presented by each party on how to pay off the national debt.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
they don't have to go to Sidwell Friends, where the great supporter of public education sent his cocker spaniel to get taught....er I mean where President Clinton sent Chelsea. Al Gore's kids went there too, if I'm not mistaken.

Somebody'll have to chase this with harder facts, but my niece went to a catholic school for about $2000 a year.

Well. im glad you live in an area where private school is so afordable.

I have yet to research a private school in the Charlotte area that is less than 11 thousand..... Even things like the Jewish Pre-School and the Christian Pre-Schools are 11 THOUSAND dollars a year. Thats a ridiculous form of child care in my opinion.

There may be some places in my area that are cheap too, but I highly doubt it would be low enough for your lower class person to afford. Unless you conservatives are suggesting lower class people don't deserve education.
$2000 a year is still too much for a family working for under 10 bucks an hour with three kids... thats still 6 thousand a year, when they can barely afford to give thier public school children the school supplies they need, or they have to cut down on phone/cable/water services during the winter because heating costs so much more.

And... what the Fizznuck does Clinton and Chelsea have to do with this?
Do I need to add you to the neo-con list of people who can't stop bringing up **** that doesn't belong in a debate? If I were President, I would send my child to a private school too.

If Bush is such a supporting of the war on terror, why doesn't he send his daughters to fight it???????

TimmyBoy said:
I believe their are alot of republicans who do have a plan for the future. What I would like to see is a plan presented by each party on how to pay off the national debt.

More Tax Cuts will pay off the debt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caine said:
And... what the Fizznuck does Clinton and Chelsea have to do with this?

Because the biggest most vocal supporters of public education like Clinton et al, send their own kids to private schools. Ten years ago they did a survey and found that 30% or more of Chicago public school teachers sent their own kids to private schools. (Which means they have no confidence in their own system, and that they're getting paid too much).

IMO people who openly advocate the public school system should be required to enroll their own kids, just like people that advocate war should be the first to enlist and sent to the front.

Oh, and Bush's girls are ...well, girls. They don't belong in the military.:2wave: ;)

And we're seriously :eek:t

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Because the biggest most vocal supporters of public education like Clinton et al, send their own kids to private schools. Ten years ago they did a survey and found that 30% or more of Chicago public school teachers sent their own kids to private schools. (Which means they have no confidence in their own system, and that they're getting paid too much).

IMO people who openly advocate the public school system should be required to enroll their own kids, just like people that advocate war should be the first to enlist and sent to the front.

Oh, and Bush's girls are ...well, girls. They don't belong in the military.:2wave: ;)

Notice how we are off topic when we discuss hypocracy in Bush but not in Clinton.

If I were a teacher who could afford to send my kids to a private school I would do. Private schools graduates usually have a better chance of getting into a good college than public school graduates, as most of the secondary private schools are "preparatory" or "prep" schools.

Im not arguing that Private School education is of better quality than Public School. Im arguing that Public School should not be done away with for the sake of the poor guy. Which conservatives only "pretend" to care about, and its obvious from the opinions of most (not all) conservatives on this site.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:

Let's see here....if I'm the most powerful person in the nation, and reside in Washington D.C., where am I gonna send my kids? Certainly not pubic school. It's called SECURITY. Yeah, don't need those Secret Service guys getting shot and all.

Chicago schools? Uh...Yeah, I bet a lot of them (and I could be wrong, I'm just guessing) are the stereotypical inner-city schools.

And what are you talking about, people that support public school should have to enroll their own kids?!?!?!? My mom sure had to enroll me in school, and take me to register every. single. year.

And Bush's daughters? Them being girls is NO excuse as to why they can't serve in the military. Last time I checked, I was a "girl", and I served. So what makes them better than me?

Stace said:
Let's see here....if I'm the most powerful person in the nation, and reside in Washington D.C., where am I gonna send my kids? Certainly not pubic school. It's called SECURITY. Yeah, don't need those Secret Service guys getting shot and all.

I'm sure what really happened :)roll: ) is that the Clintons looked at what Amy Carter and decided that if that's what public schools do to kids, they didn't want anything to do with it. Chelsea was already born with enough handicaps as it was.

Stace said:
Chicago schools? Uh...Yeah, I bet a lot of them (and I could be wrong, I'm just guessing) are the stereotypical inner-city schools.

Probably. Couldn't be anyworse than Los Angeles schools. At least a larger fraction of student would speak something that supposed to be english in Chicago.

Stace said:
And what are you talking about, people that support public school should have to enroll their own kids?!?!?!?

What a novel idea! Anything wrong with it?

Stace said:
My mom sure had to enroll me in school, and take me to register every. single. year.

So? Your point is?

Stace said:
And Bush's daughters? Them being girls is NO excuse as to why they can't serve in the military. Last time I checked, I was a "girl", and I served. So what makes them better than me?

I was in the military, too. Like I said, women don't belong. OUCH! Truth hurts, don't it? They certainly don't belong in front line units. Even the REMF types can wind up in the wrong place at the wrong time and get turned into a national hero by the DOD propaganda corps, like that Lynch broad.

So babbling about how the Bush broads should be in uniform as an argument against requiring public school employees putting their own darlings on THAT front line is absurd.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
I'm sure what really happened :)roll: ) is that the Clintons looked at what Amy Carter and decided that if that's what public schools do to kids, they didn't want anything to do with it. Chelsea was already born with enough handicaps as it was.

Just like I'm sure you were privy to all of the Clintons' private thoughts and conversations.

Probably. Couldn't be anyworse than Los Angeles schools. At least a larger fraction of student would speak something that supposed to be english in Chicago.

Couldn't be any worse than inner Minneapolis schools, either. What's your point here? Last time I checked, the ability to speak English wasn't a prerequisite to reside in the United States.

What a novel idea! Anything wrong with it?

So? Your point is?

You're making no sense. How could there be anything wrong with enrolling your child in school? The same thing happens in private schools, too.

I was in the military, too. Like I said, women don't belong. OUCH! Truth hurts, don't it?

Truth hurts? It's sexist attitudes like that which anger me the most.....and it's people like you that want to keep women as second class citizens. Are you one of those men that thinks all women should be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen? I could really not care less what you think, because it doesn't change the fact that I served, and served proudly and honorably. I pulled more than my own weight....can you say the same?

They certainly don't belong in front line units. Even the REMF types can wind up in the wrong place at the wrong time and get turned into a national hero by the DOD propaganda corps, like that Lynch broad.

And what, exactly, is your point? The same thing happens to men, so where exactly is the distinguishment you're trying to make?

So babbling about how the Bush broads should be in uniform as an argument against requiring public school employees putting their own darlings on THAT front line is absurd.

Uhhh...I couldn't care less what the Bush twins do. I was merely responding to your comment about them. And your post had NOTHING to do with requiring public school employees to do anything.......

Come talk to me when you can debate without attempting to belittle or degrade someone. I have better things to do with my time than to listen to someone that seems to want to keep women oppressed.

Stace said:
Just like I'm sure you were privy to all of the Clintons' private thoughts and conversations.

Okay, in case you missed it, which you did, the Clintons and all others that are vocally supportive of public schools that don't send their own darling brats to them are hypocrites. ESPECIALLY when they block legislation intended to help the poor down-trodden masses escape from the useless pits of ignorance public education has become.

Is that perfectly clear, now?

Stace said:
Couldn't be any worse than inner Minneapolis schools, either. What's your point here? Last time I checked, the ability to speak English wasn't a prerequisite to reside in the United States.

1) The point was that Chicago schools are as bad as Los Angles Schools, are as bad as any major metropolititan school district run for the benefit of unions and bureaucrats instead of for the benefit of students.

2) Learning English should be a goal of all residents of a nation based on english heritage and english law. Certainly no english speaking resident should be required to learn some other jabber because some politician's god has two tongues.

Stace said:
You're making no sense. How could there be anything wrong with enrolling your child in school? The same thing happens in private schools, too.

I don't know. You brought it up, go ask the mirror on your wall. Come back and tell us what it said.

Stace said:
Truth hurts? It's sexist attitudes like that which anger me the most.....and it's people like you that want to keep women as second class citizens. Are you one of those men that thinks all women should be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen? I could really not care less what you think, because it doesn't change the fact that I served, and served proudly and honorably. I pulled more than my own weight....can you say the same?

You pulled your weight, eh? What perfectly apt thing to say to a former machinist mate. So how did your upper body strength compare to that of the average male? Ever spend a healthy afternoon slamming open and close the bulkhead feed-stops against the pressure of a 900 psi feed pump? How about the fun of slinging the full R114 bottles into their hidden nooks and crannies about the submarine? I bet you were a real help loading five tons of steel TDU weights in 70 lbs boxes down the aft escape trunk.

Or were you a gyrene, trained to hold your positioin in hand-to-hand combat against a 220 lb male of the species in perfect physical condition?

Perhaps you're right. There are some effiminate occupations currently done by men that might be done by women. Pilot, perhaps, or general. But don't give anyone that's been there the guff that you can do everything a man can do. We all know it's not true.

Stace said:
And what, exactly, is your point? The same thing happens to men, so where exactly is the distinguishment you're trying to make?

That she was a fake "hero" and didn't belong in the line of fire. She's not an example of why women should be in uniform. A civillian could have been doing her job.

Stace said:
Uhhh...I couldn't care less what the Bush twins do. I was merely responding to your comment about them. And your post had NOTHING to do with requiring public school employees to do anything.......

Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm surrounded by people who blew total goose eggs on the SAT compare/contrast section of the verbal test.

Stace said:
Come talk to me when you can debate without attempting to belittle or degrade someone. I have better things to do with my time than to listen to someone that seems to want to keep women oppressed.

The usual cop out. Nothing about keeping women oppressed. They clearly have things to do that men cannot. Massages, for example. But I kick my wife out of the kitchen. She's french.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Okay, in case you missed it, which you did, the Clintons and all others that are vocally supportive of public schools that don't send their own darling brats to them are hypocrites. ESPECIALLY when they block legislation intended to help the poor down-trodden masses escape from the useless pits of ignorance public education has become.

Is that perfectly clear, now?

You know, I'm not three. So you can stop trying to treat me like I am.

That being said, if I had the money, yeah, I'd probably send my kids to private school, too. Doesn't mean I don't have faith in the public schools, but they do need some major restructuring. Especially here in my area, where there are fights and kids bringing guns on campus every day. Sorry, but I'm not going to put my kid in the middle of that if I don't have to, and it's unrealistic to move just to be in a different school district.

1) The point was that Chicago schools are as bad as Los Angles Schools, are as bad as any major metropolititan school district run for the benefit of unions and bureaucrats instead of for the benefit of students.

ok......whatever. If you have such a problem with it, DO SOMETHING about it. Other than whine about how bad it is.

2) Learning English should be a goal of all residents of a nation based on english heritage and english law. Certainly no english speaking resident should be required to learn some other jabber because some politician's god has two tongues.
Not really....it's not a requirement that they speak English to pass the U.S. citizenship test.....as long as they can understand the questions and answer them correctly. Sure, it's an inconvenience to those of us that DO speak English, when we can't understand them, but that's about it.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Remember that little poem, that's on the Statue of Liberty?

You pulled your weight, eh? What perfectly apt thing to say to a former machinist mate. So how did your upper body strength compare to that of the average male? Ever spend a healthy afternoon slamming open and close the bulkhead feed-stops against the pressure of a 900 psi feed pump? How about the fun of slinging the full R114 bottles into their hidden nooks and crannies about the submarine? I bet you were a real help loading five tons of steel TDU weights in 70 lbs boxes down the aft escape trunk.

Or were you a gyrene, trained to hold your positioin in hand-to-hand combat against a 220 lb male of the species in perfect physical condition?

Perhaps you're right. There are some effiminate occupations currently done by men that might be done by women. Pilot, perhaps, or general. But don't give anyone that's been there the guff that you can do everything a man can do. We all know it's not true.

Hmmm....well let's think about this for a minute.....oh, that's right! That stuff wasn't exactly in my job description. Though I can certainly haul a 100 lb radio up 13 flights of stairs to the top of an air traffic control tower. And I can shoot an M-16 with the best of them.

Who said anything about doing everything a man can do? Don't be daft. And don't let yourself think for a minute that you could do everything a woman does, either.

That she was a fake "hero" and didn't belong in the line of fire. She's not an example of why women should be in uniform. A civillian could have been doing her job.

Hey, I hate Jessica Lynch just as much as the next person. Whoop de do. She's the exception, not the rule.

Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm surrounded by people who blew total goose eggs on the SAT compare/contrast section of the verbal test.

That's funny, I have the same feeling sometimes. Mind telling me what that has to do with anything of relevance?

The usual cop out. Nothing about keeping women oppressed. They clearly have things to do that men cannot. Massages, for example. But I kick my wife out of the kitchen. She's french.

If the shoe fits, wear it.

Stace said:
ok......whatever. If you have such a problem with it, DO SOMETHING about it. Other than whine about how bad it is.

I am. Can't you see I'm campaigning to end the system?

Stace said:
Not really....it's not a requirement that they speak English to pass the U.S. citizenship test.....as long as they can understand the questions and answer them correctly. Sure, it's an inconvenience to those of us that DO speak English, when we can't understand them, but that's about it.

It should be a requirement.

Stace said:
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

Remember that little poem, that's on the Statue of Liberty?

Yeah. It's a poem on a statue.

It's rather stupid to be setting 21st Century immigration imperatives on words carved on a 19th century statue, don't you think? Perhaps our national needs and our national goals have shifted in 150 years? What do you think?

Stace said:
Hmmm....well let's think about this for a minute.....oh, that's right! That stuff wasn't exactly in my job description. Though I can certainly haul a 100 lb radio up 13 flights of stairs to the top of an air traffic control tower. And I can shoot an M-16 with the best of them.

My six year old could haul a radidio up the stairs, practically. You up to carrying your 220 pound mate over your shoulders and off the battle field under fire?

Stace said:
Who said anything about doing everything a man can do? Don't be daft. And don't let yourself think for a minute that you could do everything a woman does, either.

I'm not that kind of man. I suggest you search San Francisco if you're looking for something special along those lines.

But what we're talking about is war, not sewing.

Stace said:
That's funny, I have the same feeling sometimes. Mind telling me what that has to do with anything of relevance?

Yes. Anyone doing well on that section wouldn't be asking the question you just did.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
My six year old could haul a radidio up the stairs, practically. You up to carrying your 220 pound mate over your shoulders and off the battle field under fire?
Do you actually battle in the Navy? ROFL
You know nothing of the battlefield do you? The "battlefield" that they have right now does not require the heroic crap that you mention, They place the wounded on what we call a "Litter" (a stretcher type thing with handles that can fold and fit into a rucksack) and two men carry the wounded off of what you call the "battlefield".
If your 6 year old can carry a 100 lbs radio up 13 flights of stairs he is an extremely rare child, not to mention a freakshow of evolution.

I'm not that kind of man. I suggest you search San Francisco if you're looking for something special along those lines.

Yes. Anyone doing well on that section wouldn't be asking the question you just did.[/QUOTE]

Your Sexist attitude is duly noted.
Your type of conservative attitude is exactly the reason why we "liberals" reject your ideology, you are all hypocritical.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
It should be a requirement.

Well, then, I hope you're also fluent in French, if you ever visit France; Spanish, if you ever visit Spain, Mexico, etc........

Yeah. It's a poem on a statue.

It's rather stupid to be setting 21st Century immigration imperatives on words carved on a 19th century statue, don't you think? Perhaps our national needs and our national goals have shifted in 150 years? What do you think?

Well, by that standard, I guess it would also be stupid to base our national needs on the Constitution, or spiritual needs on books like the Torah, the Bible, the Koran, etc. Or for anyone to use quotes that aren't from, oh, say, the past 50 years to help keep them motivated in life, or to help them express their own views.

Really? I'm not talking about a boombox, here. I HIGHLY doubt your 6 year old could carry 100 pounds of anything, especially the particular radio I have in mind.

As far as carrying a 220 lb "mate".....first of all, women aren't allowed on the front lines, so that makes the statement irrelevant. However, just for arguements sake, yes, I could. If I was under fire, I'm fairly certain that I'd have a major adrenaline rush going on, and it's a proven fact that people can do things they normally couldn't while on an adrenaline rush i.e. a mother lifting a car to save her child.

You know, sewing is a good skill to have, regardless of gender or sexual orientation. You should look into it.

Aww, be nice to Scarecrow Akhbar. It can't be good for his ego, being out-machoed by a girl. :lol:

Well done, Stace. If my country is ever threatened, no uterus is going to stop me from defending it.

vergiss said:
Aww, be nice to Scarecrow Akhbar. It can't be good for his ego, being out-machoed by a girl. :lol:

Well done, Stace. If my country is ever threatened, no uterus is going to stop me from defending it.

But I don't wanna play nice!!! :2razz: Seriously though, if someone wants to dish it, they ought to be able to take it right back as well.

And seriously, being female shouldn't stop us from doing anything we want to.

Stace said:
But I don't wanna play nice!!! :2razz: Seriously though, if someone wants to dish it, they ought to be able to take it right back as well.

And seriously, being female shouldn't stop us from doing anything we want to.

It's a flawed argument, saying we can't fight because we're weaker. Do they bar small or scrawny men from service, too?

vergiss said:
It's a flawed argument, saying we can't fight because we're weaker. Do they bar small or scrawny men from service, too?

Nope. I served with guys that were weaker than me. I could've bench pressed some of them if I had wanted to :lamo

Caine,

If you honestly think that society will stand without a public education system you are just dead wrong.......

I challenge you to prove it! You have done nothing but state your opinion . It appers you do not want to debate the facts of the matter. If you wish a real debate I have made the thread for it.

Chreeio

Bustabush said:
Caine,

I challenge you to prove it! You have done nothing but state your opinion . It appers you do not want to debate the facts of the matter. If you wish a real debate I have made the thread for it.

Chreeio
Im not digging around to find your thread, you prove ME wrong... Your the one who wants to make this change, tell ME im wrong, I shouldn't have to prove you that keeping our Education System is in the best intrests of those children whos parents make little above minimum wage and can barely afford to feed them.

Caine said:
Do you actually battle in the Navy? ROFL
You know nothing of the battlefield do you? The "battlefield" that they have right now does not require the heroic crap that you mention, They place the wounded on what we call a "Litter" (a stretcher type thing with handles that can fold and fit into a rucksack) and two men carry the wounded off of what you call the "battlefield".

Perhaps you're ignorant of military history and perhaps you're ignorant of the unpredictability of events in war? There's no guarantee there's going to be a designated cadre of litter bugs, nor that they'll be up to the task. Sometimes things happen IN A HURRY.

Caine said:
If your 6 year old can carry a 100 lbs radio up 13 flights of stairs he is an extremely rare child, not to mention a freakshow of evolution.

She's not only tough, she's a blue-eyed blond cutie, too. The secret's in the pre-natal steroids...

Caine said:
Your Sexist attitude is duly noted.
Your type of conservative attitude is exactly the reason why we "liberals" reject your ideology, you are all hypocritical.

I'm not a conservative. I'm an independent libertarian realist. Ask any of the "conservatives" on this board. They'll all say I'm not one of them and they don't want me on their side.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Perhaps you're ignorant of military history and perhaps you're ignorant of the unpredictability of events in war? There's no guarantee there's going to be a designated cadre of litter bugs, nor that they'll be up to the task. Sometimes things happen IN A HURRY.
Apparently, you aren't aware of how things work in our current war. There is no "battlefield" there is a roadside bomb and little else. The war is different from what it seems, especially that "Over There" show that exaggerates to the extreme as if the 'insurgents' actually have the balls to trade small arms fire with our forces. Also, people go on 'foot patrols' very little in this conflict, although, when a foot patrol does occur, and someone is wounded, a medevac is called and the FLA rushes out to them, they don't rush to it.
Big diffrence, nobody carries 220 lbs of man across the "battlefield" anymore, they may carry the wounded man to an out of the way place.

I'm not a conservative. I'm an independent libertarian realist. Ask any of the "conservatives" on this board. They'll all say I'm not one of them and they don't want me on their side.[/QUOTE]

Caine said:
Apparently, you aren't aware of how things work in our current war. There is no "battlefield" there is a roadside bomb and little else. The war is different from what it seems, especially that "Over There" show that exaggerates to the extreme as if the 'insurgents' actually have the balls to trade small arms fire with our forces. Also, people go on 'foot patrols' very little in this conflict, although, when a foot patrol does occur, and someone is wounded, a medevac is called and the FLA rushes out to them, they don't rush to it.
Big diffrence, nobody carries 220 lbs of man across the "battlefield" anymore, they may carry the wounded man to an out of the way place.

Isn't is just amazing how the illiterati can consider the current war as the only war, and that all wars will be the same? As if an enemy with an RPG and some automatic weapons can't pin a squad down and the sergeant is left with the choice of abandoning a wounded mate or hauling his ass out on his shoulders.

That could just never happen in today's warfare. :shock:

Damn, study the history of warfare. Sh!t happens. Damn, if my ship got nailed by a torpedo, I'd want my shipmate to haul my unconscious body out of the burning engineroom, not stand around wringing her hands waiting for the DC squad, which may not come.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Isn't is just amazing how the illiterati can consider the current war as the only war, and that all wars will be the same? As if an enemy with an RPG and some automatic weapons can't pin a squad down and the sergeant is left with the choice of abandoning a wounded mate or hauling his ass out on his shoulders.

That could just never happen in today's warfare. :shock:

Damn, study the history of warfare. Sh!t happens. Damn, if my ship got nailed by a torpedo, I'd want my shipmate to haul my unconscious body out of the burning engineroom, not stand around wringing her hands waiting for the DC squad, which may not come.

Ummm....I believe the point Caine was making is that.....we're not going to forgo all of the advances we've made and return to fighting wars the way we did in the past.

You assume that all women are as weak as your little example, when, for every woman that you could come up with that would have that reaction, I could find a man that would react the exact same way. I'd be willing to bet that if you put the right woman in that situation, she'd be the one issuing the orders to get everyone out of harm's way.

Stace said:
Ummm....I believe the point Caine was making is that.....we're not going to forgo all of the advances we've made and return to fighting wars the way we did in the past.

Yeah, and when the enemy's EMP weapon obliterates all battlefield electronics and storms your position in a surpise maneuver, suddenly you're back to knifes, pistols, and clubs.

For some reason my submarine had quarterly drills on repelling boarders, and the orders were to grab any convenient blunt object and stand by the various access trunks with them. I preferred the fire axe, myself.

Funny how in the modern era the Navy still considers hand to hand fighting to be a concern. How good are you at swinging a axe?

Stace said:
You assume that all women are as weak as your little example, when, for every woman that you could come up with that would have that reaction, I could find a man that would react the exact same way. I'd be willing to bet that if you put the right woman in that situation, she'd be the one issuing the orders to get everyone out of harm's way.

I'm assuming your average woman the passed the military's watered-down-for-women physical requirements. And yeah, there's bull dykes out there stronger than many men. We're talking average females, average males, here. Don't start calling out the genetic freaks as some kind of proof.

Back
Top Bottom