• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Do Redneck Cowboys Squat to Pee?

ptsdkid

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Were I a Kerry voter, though, I’d feel deep anger, not only at them for returning Bush to power, but for allowing the outside world to lump us all into the same category of moronic muppets. The self-righteous, gun-totin’, military-lovin’, sister-marryin’, abortion-hatin’, gay-loathin’, foreigner-despising’, non-passport owning’ red-necks, who believe God gave America the biggest dick in the world so it could urinate on the rest of us and make their land “free and strong.” Brian Reade, Daily Mirror (London), November 5, 2004

Take Brian Reade’s list of American deformities--gun-totin’, sister-marryin’, foreigner-despising’, etc. It goes without saying that that’s why I supported Bush in 2004, but I’m not sure it entirely accounts for the other 62,039,073 urinating rednecks. Mr. Reade, though, does usefully enumerate the distinctions that separate the American republic from the rest of the West, differences that will become even more important in the years ahead.

1. Self-righteous

Who exactly is being self-righteous here? If you want a public culture that reeks of indestructible faith in its own righteousness, try Europe--especially when they’re talking about America: if you disagree with Euro-conventional wisdom, you must be an idiot. Or a Nazi. As Oliver James told the Guardian the day after the 2004 U.S. elections, “I was too depressed to even speak this morning. I thought of my late mother, who read Mein Kampf when it came out in the 1930s [sic] and thought, ’Why doesn’t anyone see where this is leading?’”
Mr. James is a clinical psychologist and appears to have a bad case of projection. With respect to Mein Kampf, it’s Europe that has resurgent anti-Semitism (the French intifada), explicitly racist parties (the British National Party), and neo-Fascists who, if not yet their countries’ leaders, have gotten near enough to be in the presidential run-off (Jean-Marie Le Pen) or form part of the governing coalition (Austria).

2. Gun-totin’

Americans tote guns because they’re assertive, self-reliant citizens, not docile subjects of a permanent governing class. At dinner in Paris a couple of years ago, I was asked about “this American sickness with guns.”
“Americans have guns, I said, “because a lot of Americans like having guns.”
My host scoffed. “A lot of people here would like to have guns too. But they don’t.”
“Exactly,” I said.

3. Military-lovin’

What’s not to love? Americans take pride in their military on absolute grounds, but, if they were to go all comparative about it, they’d point out there’s something contemptible about Europeans preening and posing as a great power when they can’t even stop some nickel n’ dime Balkan genital-severers piling up hundreds of thousands of corpses on their borders.

4. Sister-marryin’

Back to demography: you can’t be a redneck in Germany, Spain, or Italy. When the birth rates are 1.1 children per couple, there are no sisters to bunk up with.

5. Abortion-hatin’

Is Brian Reade saying he loves it? Abortion is one manifestation of what John Paul II called the reduction of sexuality into an “instrument for self assertion.” Mr. Reade might respond, “Yeah, that’s what’s so great about it!” But whatever one’s tastes in this area, as the pope understood, sex as mere self-assertion is a dead end. If the progressives either abort or decline to conceive their progeny, the progeny of the redneck knuckle-draggers will be the only fellows around.

6. Gay-loathin’

More projection. It’s Amsterdam where the poor gay guys now have watch what street they turn down, It’s Paris where the gay mayor was stabbed by a gay-loathin’ Muslim. Homophobia-wise, America’s fundamentalist Christians have nothing on Europe’s fundamentalist Muslims.

7. Foreigner-despising’ non-passport owning’

The only despising’ of foreigners that’s gouing on here seems to be by Europeans toward Americans. Recall Margaret Drabble’s diatribe:

“My anti-Americanism has become almost uncontrollable. It has possessed me, like a disease. It rises up in my throat like acid reflux, that fashionable American sickness. I now loathe the United States and what it has done to Iraq and the rest of the helpless world. I can hardly bear to see the faces of Bush and Runsfeld, or to watch their posturing body language, or to hear their self-satisfied and incoherent platitudes.

Etc. When one examines Brian Reade’s anatomy of redneck disfigurements most of them are about the will to survive, as individuals and as a society. If one were to formulate it less disapprovingly, “self-righteous, gun-totin’, military-lovin’, sister-marryin’, abortion-hatin’, gay-loathin’, foreigner-despisin’, non-passport owning’ red-necks” equals “culturally confident, self-reliant, patriotic, procreative, religious, democratic, constitutional rednecks who believe in national sovereignty rather than ineffectual poseur multilateralism.”

As for Mr. Reade’s bit about “the biggest dick in the world so it could urinate on the rest of us”--if it bothers you that much, why not try urinating back? Ah, but in Europe it seems even that simple act is in the process of being feminized. Stehpinkeln--standing while urinating--is disapproved of in Germany, to the point where toilets can now be fitted with voice alarms triggered when the seat is raised. “Hey, stand-peeing is not allowed here and will be punished with fines, so if you don’t want any trouble, you’d best sit down,” orders the “toilet ghost” in a voice that imitates former chancellor Gerhard Schroder.
The notion of German government leaders commanding you in the privacy of your own home to urinate like a woman seems almost too poignant an image of the peculiarly European blend of state-enforced docility. In contrast to the swaggering Texan cowboy, it’s the Last Stand of the EU-Corraled. Yet millions of these devices have been sold and Klaus Schwerma has written a book on the phenomenon called Stehpinkeln: Die Letzte Bastion der Mannlichkeit?--or “Standing Urinators: The Last Bastion of Masculinity?”
This hardly seems the time to open up yet more unbridgeable cultural divides between the Old World and the New. The British TV historian Simon Schama defined the Bush/Kerry divide as “Godly America” and “Worldly America,” hailing the latter as “pragmatic, practical, rational, and skeptical”--which is, naturally, exactly the wrong way around: it’s the Christian fundamentalists, Holy Rollers, born-again Bible Belters, and Jesus freaks of Godly America who are rational and skeptical, especially of Euro-delusions. It’s secular Europe that’s living on faith. Uncowed by Islamists, interferential to government, unshielded in its birth rates, redneck America is a reliable long-term bet.

By Mark Steyn…‘America Alone’

Do you know why cowgirls are bowlegged Kid?

Because cowboys always keep their Stetson's on.

nyuk nyuk

Tashah said:

nyuk nyuk

I thought its so they don't have to walk around fire hydrants.

World's Thinnest Books

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

FRENCH WAR HEROES
by Jacques Chirac

THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY COUNTRY
by Jane Fonda & Cindy Sheehan. Illustrated by Michael Moore

MY BEAUTY SECRETS
by Janet Reno & Whoopi Goldberg

ALL THE WOMEN I HAVE LOVED BEFORE
by Barney Frank (D-Mass) & Boy George

MY CHRISTIAN ACCOMPLISHMENTS & HOW I HELPED AFTER KATRINA & RITA.
by Rev Jesse Jackson & Rev Al Sharpton

THINGS I LOVE ABOUT BILL
by Hillary Clinton

THINGS I LOVE ABOUT HILLARY

By Bill CLinton

MY LITTLE BOOK OF PERSONAL HYGIENE
by Osama Bin Laden

THINGS I CANNOT AFFORD
by Bill Gates

THINGS I WOULD NOT DO FOR MONEY
by Dennis Rodman

THINGS I KNOW TO BE TRUE
by Al Gore & John Kerry

AMELIA EARHART'S GUIDE TO THE PACIFIC

A COLLECTION of MOTIVATIONAL SPEECHES
by Dr. J. Kevorkian

ALL THE MEN I HAVE LOVED BEFORE
by Ellen de Generes & Rosie O'Donnel

THE GUIDE TO DATING ETIQUETTE
by Mike Tyson

DELICIOUS SPOTTED OWL RECIPES

by PETA

THE AMISH PHONE DIRECTORY

MY PLAN TO FIND THE REAL KILLERS
by O.J. Simpson

HOW TO DRINK & DRIVE OVER BRIDGES
by Ted Kennedy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY BOOK OF MORALS
by Bill Clinton
with introduction
by The Rev. Jesse Jackson

=

Tashah said:

nyuk nyuk

zzzzzhg1copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom