• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DNC Suspends Sanders Campaign Over Hacking Allegations (1 Viewer)

Still...nothing justifies accessing the Clinton campaign voter information files. So regardless of the problem with the firewall maintenance, accessing her data was wrong. The argument that the data was insecure and making that the focus or excuse is like saying a bank is vulnerable to be robbed and that's why you robbed it.

Sure accessing the data was wrong, but also inevitable when one has security problems. When the DNC was notified a month ago, they should have handled the issue a a holy **** issue and taken care of it, they didn't and that makes me wonder "why"?

Sure accessing the data was wrong, but also inevitable when one has security problems. When the DNC was notified a month ago, they should have handled the issue a a holy **** issue and taken care of it, they didn't and that makes me wonder "why"?
If we are being honest...I think the reason why is that the DNC has or at least had zero concern that anything the Sanders camp does would make a difference.

Still...nothing justifies accessing the Clinton campaign voter information files. So regardless of the problem with the firewall maintenance, accessing her data was wrong. The argument that the data was insecure and making that the focus or excuse is like saying a bank is vulnerable to be robbed and that's why you robbed it.

My point is the DNC is partly to blame for this. Do you disagree with that? If the DNC did their job, which they rarely do, this would not have happened.

I'm no Democrat nor a Bernie Sander's fan, but the way the DNC has been handling this primary has been absolutely disgusting. They're free to handle their party however they'd like, but it seems like they're doing a disservice to their voting base by basically creating a primary that is tailor made for one individual to win.
What's really surprising is that they have a voting base.

It's hard to not speculate how much of Bernie's database was accessed by the Clinton campaign and it was covered up by the power's to be.

The thought occurred to me as well. The vendor isn't going to report the Clinton campaign doing this sort of thing because DWS is Hillary's ex-campaign co-chair. And it's hard to believe the Clinton campaign never accessed unsecured data considering how many staffers she has.

The thought occurred to me as well. The vendor isn't going to report the Clinton campaign doing this sort of thing because DWS is Hillary's ex-campaign co-chair. And it's hard to believe the Clinton campaign never accessed unsecured data considering how many staffers she has.

Not to mention the founder of the software that has "failed" multiple times also worked on Hillary's 2008 campaign and it's current CEO used to work for Bill C.

Its current president and CEO, Stuart Trevelyan, was a veteran of the 1992 Clinton-Gore War Room, providing research, analysis, and whip counts to the Clinton Administration as a member of the White House Office of Legislative Affairs.

NGP VAN was created in November 2010 by the merger of its two predecessor companies, NGP Software, founded in 1997 by Nathaniel Pearlman, who later served as chief technology officer for Hillary Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign

link...

My point is the DNC is partly to blame for this. Do you disagree with that? If the DNC did their job, which they rarely do, this would not have happened.

It doesn't follow. No. The actions of another cannot be used to excuse the actions of another. And why is there the need to parse blame?

's
Hillary is the biggest data stealing whore out there... she had access to 500 Raw FBI files of political opponents. What Sanders did is a fart in a hurricane by comparison.

Another angle... if the DNC was so easily hacked... makes Hillary's private server look extremely vulnerable to professional... 24-7-365 assaults from the likes of Russia's and China's armies of tech wizards.

It's amazing how she can get away with anything. She has more baggage than JFK Airport.

Not meaning to rain on the Sanders supporters parade, but after looking over the numbers I just don't see an Obama style surge this time around. What made the 2008 surge possible was that Hillary never had 50+% of the vote. The party had a ton of undecided voters at this point in the campaign that all flooded to Obama after Iowa. The problem is that Clinton is current at 56% in the RCP scoring so there is no threat of an undecided surge happening this year.

Not meaning to rain on the Sanders supporters parade, but after looking over the numbers I just don't see an Obama style surge this time around. What made the 2008 surge possible was that Hillary never had 50+% of the vote. The party had a ton of undecided voters at this point in the campaign that all flooded to Obama after Iowa. The problem is that Clinton is current at 56% in the RCP scoring so there is no threat of an undecided surge happening this year.

Several sources have already stated she has enough super delegates to win the nomination already.

Sanders is asking Clinton to join him in calling for a FULL independent probe of the incident to see if such had happened. Watch her fall dead silent for her response.

Like I said before, this database isn't just accessible by the campaigns... Hillary's superpac has access to it as well so they could be digging as well when the firewall is down.

That's a good point. We don't know what was going on inside the DNC. Basically because they won't tell us, but that's less sinister than it sounds. I think what happens is that if you have that rare tech guy working in politics, not a political guy working in tech in politics, they simply get caught up in the politics and end up forgetting about the tech. That's why all these tech problems are now emerging. First it was Obamacare website. Then the Clinton Server hack. Then the Clinton Emails. At the same time we had various Government systems compromised by other hackers from various enemy nations. These were mostly decisions run by political operatives and not tech guys. Something only Carly Fiorina brought up in the last debate...

The DNC is of course partly to blame here, but then again. If the Sanders campaign wasn't snooping around in the first place, they would have hopefully fixed the problem the next day.

It's a grey area because it's difficult to judge intent especially where hacking is concerned. It basically comes down to: Yes we approved the hack. Or Oh, I only wanted to hack a little bit. I didn't do anything bad... No one is really innocent. Many young hackers really are simply curious about how systems work, but it's not exactly legal to do so especially if you know you shouldn't. So they just hit buttons until something breaks. Now it could have occurred that way or it actually could have been a sanctioned attack from the Sanders campaign directly!

The interesting back and forth between the DNC and the Sander's camp says that it could have happened either way. That's a scary thought.

Last edited:
It doesn't follow. No. The actions of another cannot be used to excuse the actions of another. And why is there the need to parse blame?

You never answered my question but you danced around it pretty good. I am saying that the DNC created a situation that was a contributor to the situation. You say the DNC didn't even screw up or are you ignoring that the DNC screwed up?

You never answered my question but you danced around it pretty good. I am saying that the DNC created a situation that was a contributor to the situation. You say the DNC didn't even screw up or are you ignoring that the DNC screwed up?

How can you possibly say that is not an answer to your question? How can I get any more direct in answer to your question? No. I mean...that's pretty direct...right?

The DNC is not without its flaws. Nowhere have I defended them. But listen...if I leave my door unlocked every night even after someone has warned me to not leave my door unlocked, there is no excuse for anyone breaking into my home, especially not the person that warned me. The choice and decision to commit the criminal act is still on the individual and in this case, anyone that joined the action.

Do you warn women to dress less provocatively and then tell them it's kinda their fault if they get raped? Not ALL their fault...but you know...KINDA their fault.

How can you possibly say that is not an answer to your question? How can I get any more direct in answer to your question? No. I mean...that's pretty direct...right?

The DNC is not without its flaws. Nowhere have I defended them. But listen...if I leave my door unlocked every night even after someone has warned me to not leave my door unlocked, there is no excuse for anyone breaking into my home, especially not the person that warned me. The choice and decision to commit the criminal act is still on the individual and in this case, anyone that joined the action.

Do you warn women to dress less provocatively and then tell them it's kinda their fault if they get raped? Not ALL their fault...but you know...KINDA their fault.

Can you prove Sanders had knowledge of the "break-in" while it was occurring? If not, I'd say his handling of the issue after the fact (firing one staffer for instance) was proper.

Can you prove Sanders had knowledge of the "break-in" while it was occurring? If not, I'd say his handling of the issue after the fact (firing one staffer for instance) was proper.

You have a point here I'm sure. Perhaps you meant to target it elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom