• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Disney chief says ABC passed on 'incredibly well-written scripts' that lacked diversity

I saw this part in the source.

As THR previously reported, TV programs had to fulfill at least three of the five standards, which include at least 50% of characters and/or actors representing "Underrepresented Groups," the "meaningful inclusion of Underrepresented Groups" among secondary characters, as well as "themes and narratives" from such groups integrated in the series premise and episodic storytelling.
From the source article:

"Pass," Walden said. "That's not going to get on the air anymore because that's not what our audience wants. That's not a reflection of our audience, and I feel good about the direction we're moving."

Rats! I was so looking forward to an animated version of Birth of a Nation.

You apparently did not read the source. There is no "quota", there is only what people want to see.

Many white folks think its just natural that everyone wants to see just them. They consider it natural. Shows featuring white folks are just shows, shows featuring black folks are black shows. The first one's just natural; the other, political.

Many white folks think its just natural that everyone wants to see just them. They consider it natural. Shows featuring white folks are just shows, shows featuring black folks are black shows. The first one's just natural; the other, political.
love me some BET

"Republicans are screaming about cancel culture because in a free marketplace of ideas, their ideas aren’t selling. Mythologies follow power. In knowledge capitalism, insular ideologies are a recipe for economic decline. Science, inquiry, skepticism and unbounded imagination are a path to innovation, which is now a path to wealth. None of those values can be tolerated inside white evangelicalism, the official religion of white supremacy. Americans with the strongest emotional attachment to America’s white supremacist mythology have sunk into market irrelevance.

...Our ecosystem of cultural reward and rejection has shifted because wealth and power have shifted. Diverse cities are rising while the white countryside is literally dying. College educated families have seen their wealth explode while the fortunes of the less educated have lagged. White evangelical Protestants are a shrinking share of the population, and a much more rapidly shrinking share of the nation’s new money. Aging Protestant white men no longer hold a financial veto power over cultural content. Values now testing their muscle are not new, they were merely marginalized in the past.

...We’re not hearing about cancel culture because it’s an authentic social issue with genuine negative implications for the public. We’re hearing about cancel culture because it reflects a shift in market tastes that threatens the accumulated capital of some influential people. It’s a phony problem.

No, they are reacting to what their audience wants to see.
Given they are third out of the three networks, perhaps they should rethink who their audience is.

Quote me making that exact claim, in those words, and I'll have to back it up.

You cannot, of course. You're lying.

Both of your posts, 18 and 19, are outright accusations of racism, particularly your driveling post to me about taking my complaints to Stormfront. I understand that many Mad Libs can’t tell light from dark, or right from wrong, but show a little courage and admit to your own pusillanimous insults.

In other words, no, I’m not going down the rabbit hole of analyzing your quotes so that you can play the game of mock outrage: “however did you get THAT from the innocent thing I wrote.” It’s boring.

Reactions: PoS
Both of your posts, 18 and 19, are outright accusations of racism, particularly your driveling post to me about taking my complaints to Stormfront. I understand that many Mad Libs can’t tell light from dark, or right from wrong, but show a little courage and admit to your own pusillanimous insults.

In other words, no, I’m not going down the rabbit hole of analyzing your quotes so that you can play the game of mock outrage: “however did you get THAT from the innocent thing I wrote.” It’s boring.
He accuses others of doing "gotcha" posts while doing it himself. Talk about hypocrisy lol.

As far as ABC and the other networks, I dont even watch the big 3 anymore except for sports and the occasional news. I even stopped my cable subscription years ago. Now its all streaming for me.

Back
Top Bottom