• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [5:15 am CDT] - in 15 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did the President call our troops losers and suckers 2 years ago?

Did the President call our troops losers and suckers 2 years ago?

• Total voters
If you dislike it here so much why do you stay? there are far right leaning sites out there, but then again there are few Liberals dumb enough to stick around and get yelled at and insulted, so there is a down side if you want to actually talk to others that do not believe as you do.
Casper, not that the Captain needs any defense from me but I didn’t get the impression that he “dislikes” the forum. He simply made an observation about its demographic makeup. I’m not sure if he’s correct about that, but even he is I still like many of those that lean differently than myself. Shoot, I even like some of them that think I’m a Trumpster. :)

If you dislike it here so much why do you stay? there are far right leaning sites out there, but then again there are few Liberals dumb enough to stick around and get yelled at and insulted, so there is a down side if you want to actually talk to others that do not believe as you do.

Why would someone want to go camp out in an echo chamber and hear only opinions that conform to one's own?
That would be like college students on a Liberal campus (say, Berkeley) shouting down any Conservative that has ideas different from the Liberal student body.

Thankfully, on these threads, there are enough intelligent, fair-minded, critical thinkers who want to look at issues from different angles before reaching a conclusion.
The constant beating of the anti-Trump drum does get tedious but every once in a while there are some thoughtful comments by someone (not Aunty Antifa) who looks at an issue thoughtfully along with expressing an opinion about Trump.

The ***** grabbing is on audio tape and they explained that away.

Him making fun of a disabled reporter is on video...they shrugged that away.

He plainly called McCain a loser for being a POW :doh They didnt seem to mind that incredible disrespect.

Our soldiers are generally highly respected for their service and he cant stand anyone, cant stand giving credit to anyone, for something he obviously didnt and cannot do.

It's very easy to imagine him saying it...it's pure The Donald.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Last edited:
Why would someone want to go camp out in an echo chamber and hear only opinions that conform to one's own?

That would be like college students on a Liberal campus (say, Berkeley) shouting down any Conservative that has ideas different from the Liberal student body.

Thankfully, on these threads, there are enough intelligent, fair-minded, critical thinkers who want to look at issues from different angles before reaching a conclusion.

The constant beating of the anti-Trump drum does get tedious but every once in a while there are some thoughtful comments by someone (not Aunty Antifa) who looks at an issue thoughtfully along with expressing an opinion about Trump.

Personally I don't see an "echo chamber" when like-minded people get together. Donald Trump is always in the news, so conversations about him are different every time. People talk about Black Lives Matter one day, abortion the next, COVID-19 the next ,etc. I see a lot of variety in discussions with other liberals with or without debating.

Personally I don't see an "echo chamber" when like-minded people get together. Donald Trump is always in the news, so conversations about him are different every time. People talk about Black Lives Matter one day, abortion the next, COVID-19 the next ,etc. I see a lot of variety in discussions with other liberals with or without debating.

I don't see an echo chamber around here either.

I was responding to the following post from Casper who, in turn, was questioning why someone on the Right would stay around the DP site.
Originally Posted by Casper:

A low circulation Democratic magazine ran a story with no sources whatsoever that the President said our troops were losers and suckers two years ago. This became a top nationwide story - instead of real news that 1, 2, 3 Muslim countries recognized Israel for the first time.

Although they only people with any knowledge - and going on record - said it never happened - and to this day not one single person said it is true - do you believe the no-source, no-name personal attack?

Since there is no source to this claim, if you believe it why do you believe it?

I know he called John McCain a loser for being a POW,But that was just him talking **** to McCain. After all McCain is a piece of ****. As for if he called other troops losers for being POWs and KIA I don't know. I am not going to believe the word of anyone without any audio. Kind of hard to believe a man who would negotiate with North Korea to bring back the remains of our fallen soldiers doesn't respect them.

Recovery of U.S. troops' remains in North Korea complicated by cash, politics - Reuters

Soon after the June summit, Trump announced North Korea had returned the remains of 200 soldiers that had already been found, but this has yet to take place and negotiations over the actual handing over of the remains have dragged on.

Back
Top Bottom