• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Did Slo Joe just shoot himself in the foot?

I think the string puller ARE the frightening part. Bernie didn't come over to Joe out of the goodness of his heart; Hasn't he said something like Biden would be the most progressive President since FDR? :eek:

Is it Bernie? AOC? Soros?

There are at least two threads already on the forum. He said that AFTER closing the country down.

How did he close the country down?
What steps were taken?

What? How do you come up with this ****? Isn't Biden a lawyer? Didn't serve for 49 years - seems like he'd have SOME understanding of how government works.

Probably for far long than you did before you disgorged this post.
And just like your hero, Uncle Joe, you vomit all the trite, cliched nonsense you've been fed. Now that your standard **** storm to deflect the conversation has occurred, you're dismissed.

The Left conveniently ignores federalism, or they are actually that ignorant of how our government works.

Are liberals really that pathetic that need a government official to tell them what to do? We have known since the early days of this pandemic what to do: Wash your hands, wear a mask and keep your distance. How do younot know this and why do you need Biden to relay this message to you?

What is pathetic is that Trump does not believe in science and mocks people that wear masks. You seem to ignore that at least but the question is why does Trump do it?

Trump mocks Biden’s mask-wearing at packed Pennsylvania rally - MarketWatch

Trump mocks Biden for wearing a mask - CNNPolitics

How did he close the country down?
What steps were taken?
Were you here? Remember the "two weeks to bend the curve" mantra?

What is pathetic is that Trump does not believe in science and mocks people that wear masks. You seem to ignore that at least but the question is why does Trump do it?

Trump mocks Biden’s mask-wearing at packed Pennsylvania rally - MarketWatch

Trump mocks Biden for wearing a mask - CNNPolitics
If Trump doesn't "believe in science" why does follow and support the actions of Fauci and Birx, among others? Why did he bust ass to get PPE, ventilators, etc. build and in the hands of the states?

Were you here? Remember the "two weeks to bend the curve" mantra?

I remember Trump saying we need to have the churches open by Easter. I also remember that we never got the virus under control and opened before we met any of the CDC guidelines and then started losing a 1000+ lives a day again.

RDMBDMLZZRK7YL475YOZWLNIFY.jpg

If Trump doesn't "believe in science" why does follow and support the actions of Fauci and Birx, among others? Why did he bust ass to get PPE, ventilators, etc. build and in the hands of the states?

When is the last time you saw Trump with any of those people? When is he going to "bust his ass" getting fast testing and contact tracing going? That is what we need now.

When is the last time you saw Trump with any of those people? When is he going to "bust his ass" getting fast testing and contact tracing going? That is what we need now.
I don't have chair in the Oval Office. We've have contact tracing here in California for quite a while. We also have testing going and ramping up. Try using something other than The Atlantic as your news source.

I remember Trump saying we need to have the churches open by Easter. I also remember that we never got the virus under control and opened before we met any of the CDC guidelines and then started losing a 1000+ lives a day again.

RDMBDMLZZRK7YL475YOZWLNIFY.jpg
You need a new rant - this is getting tedious. You do grasp, by the way, that opening/closing decisions are Governor's decisions, right? Even JOE knows that. :lamo

Google it, if you can.

I can't. Figured you actually knew something you claimed. Well, not really. I knew you couldn't cite anything you claim.

I can't. Figured you actually knew something you claimed. Well, not really. I knew you couldn't cite anything you claim.
I do know something. which is why I mentioned it. I can remember the head trainer at my gym coming around and telling us they were closing in a hour and would be shut down for two weeks (or long). When I got home Governor Newson was bloviating about bending the curve and the state-wide rules he was ordering. I might have even googled it for you if you hadn't taken the AH path.

my
Does he have ANY TOES left? One of Biden's biggest campaign points is how bad Trump handled COVID and how his magnificence in the Oval have done better as he directed a "national effort" He even promised on day one he'd implement a nation-wide mask mandate. NOW, he says that would be unconstitutional and that "we'll have to trust the governors".

So if something as simple ad requiring masks - which most, if not all, of the states do now is unconstitutional, what, if anything, beyond what we're already doing will Joe be able to do that WOULD pass constitutional muster?

I’m not really surprised that you don’t understand Biden’s point.

He knows how government works.

my

I’m not really surprised that you don’t understand Biden’s point.

He knows how government works.
Apparently he does now but he's been beating the "National Mask Mandate" for quite a while. I understand Biden's point quite clearly since I've been talking about it for months.

You need a new rant - this is getting tedious. You do grasp, by the way, that opening/closing decisions are Governor's decisions, right? Even JOE knows that. :lamo

Yes, Joe knows that.

Trump does not.

Out of one side of his mouth, he insists that Governors are responsible. Out of the other, he insisted he can order armies into their states without their request.

Trump has no idea how government works, and never cared.

He thinks it’s an act.

Trump decided that I know but Biden will have a national plan to beat the virus just like the rest of the free world did. This is a national problem. The States can't do it alone.

I don't have chair in the Oval Office. We've have contact tracing here in California for quite a while. We also have testing going and ramping up. Try using something other than The Atlantic as your news source.

Perhaps if the Federal Govt. was helping the States with fast tests and contact tracing like the Governors asked for months ago we would not be in such bad shape.

PPE and Testing
Governors call on the federal government to improve transparency and access to personal protective equipment (PPE) and medical supplies – such as test kits, ventilators, and related supplies. States and territories are still struggling with accessing the needed PPE and medical supplies, with no clear explanation as to how supplies are being distributed. We urge Congress to immediately create a federal centralized structure to ensure the transparency, accountability, and coordinated means of allocating PPE and critical medical supplies, including increasing the Strategic National Stockpile needs. In addition, we urge the creation of a “Manhattan Project” to speed the development and plan for distribution of a vaccine, once one is created. We must ensure that allocations are being based on health and scientific data to understand where the need is the greatest.

Additionally, before governors consider relaxing social distancing measures to protect against reoccurrence of COVID-19 cases, states will need to significantly expand diagnostic and antibody testing capacity which includes an essential public health infrastructure to support contact tracing, surveillance, epidemiology, laboratory capacity, workforce, and community partnerships. Congress must provide flexible long-term and emergency supplemental funding to support states in establishing the infrastructure needed to successfully implement population-wide testing and follow-up, a critical component to economic recovery across the states.

Governors' Letter Regarding COVID-19 Aid Request - National Governors Association

Trump decided that I know but Biden will have a national plan to beat the virus just like the rest of the free world did. This is a national problem. The States can't do it alone.
Nobody's asking the states to "do it alone". Fauci and Birx work almost daily with state governors to assist them with their local situations. Trump worked on a national level to get the supplies and equipment the states required and, as I said, had his experts work with and advise sates.

Maybe it went over your head but this thread points out that Biden's plan is unconstitutional. He knows that, apparently you don't. Most of the other stuff Biden has blithered about - we're already doing.

Does he have ANY TOES left? One of Biden's biggest campaign points is how bad Trump handled COVID and how his magnificence in the Oval have done better as he directed a "national effort" He even promised on day one he'd implement a nation-wide mask mandate. NOW, he says that would be unconstitutional and that "we'll have to trust the governors".

So if something as simple ad requiring masks - which most, if not all, of the states do now is unconstitutional, what, if anything, beyond what we're already doing will Joe be able to do that WOULD pass constitutional muster?

Meanwhile, Trump is caught on tape saying enough about COVID to prove he lied to the American people, let 200,000 of them die and then basically lied about lying about it.

Joe can shoot someone's foot off on Fifth Avenue and still have my vote....and probably 80 million other Americans feel the same way.

Back
Top Bottom