• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Did anyone catch Pelosi's meltdown with Wolf Blitzer?

Agreed, but FFS it would be nice if Pelosi quit talking... as in all the time.

i haven't been a huge fan, but i'll take her over any Tweety loyalist. at this point, it's probably about time for everyone involved to hang back and let Tweety melt down all over the place all the way through the election. are there really a significant number of undecided voters at this point?

She more effective behind the scenes than in front of the camera. But she knows it, which is why she is where she is today. And like her or not, she's probably one of the most effective speakers in history in terms of keeping a coalition together.
Newt Gingrich is the best of all as I see it as speaker of the house.

Why?

Gingrich wrote the contract with America. He took that job so serious I own that book. And he managed to get amost all of it put into law.

Gingrich was treated poorly by Democrats. And the man is one of my congressional heros.

i haven't been a huge fan, but i'll take her over any Tweety loyalist. at this point, it's probably about time for everyone involved to hang back and let Tweety melt down all over the place all the way through the election. are there really a significant number of undecided voters at this point?

I am not hoping the whining will keep going on from Democrats. but when Trump wins, count on them to whine like fire truck sirens.

Wolf.....In my opinion, should have adjusted his line of attack by asking exactly what details Nancy was against. Then holding her feet to the fire.

Tim Russert died too young. It should have been him doing that interview.

I had complaints about Tim Russert when he lived but looking back on the man, he may have been the final decent Democrat to be a journalist.

Still voting against every Republican.
I voted only for Republicans that were marked as to party. Some jobs do not show the party. But I looked up all others trying to ensure I voted for either republicans or very qualified people, such as for the highway commission. Idaho highways are very good. I was surprised since in CA that is not true. And I lived most of my life in CA.

Wolf.....In my opinion, should have adjusted his line of attack by asking exactly what details Nancy was against. Then holding her feet to the fire.

Tim Russert died too young. It should have been him doing that interview.
Russert was good. Fair. Respectful & Conscientious. But disarming!

When he passed quickly & unexpectedly, and MSNBC gave his newly graduated kid a slot, I had high hopes for the boy. But it looks like he slipped-off into obscurity ...

I am not hoping the whining will keep going on from Democrats. but when Trump wins, count on them to whine like fire truck sirens.

hopefully enough of us will vote against him that the nation won't have to suffer through another four years of his incompetence.

I voted only for Republicans that were marked as to party. Some jobs do not show the party. But I looked up all others trying to ensure I voted for either republicans or very qualified people, such as for the highway commission. Idaho highways are very good. I was surprised since in CA that is not true. And I lived most of my life in CA.

the highways in my red state have been shit for years until recently. they finally fixed them out of necessity. over the summer, large stretches of roads were shut down completely. that's what happens when you neglect infrastructure.

Newt Gingrich is the best of all as I see it as speaker of the house.

Why?

Gingrich wrote the contract with America. He took that job so serious I own that book. And he managed to get amost all of it put into law.

Gingrich was treated poorly by Democrats. And the man is one of my congressional heros.
Gingrich is an idiot. So, of course, you like him. smh

It was pretty amusing. I guess we will hear that Wolf is a hard core Trump apologist

nope, not a word... Wolf as is all MSM is fair and balanced in truth, not in just word like Fox.

Abject sanity.
That has left the average Trumper behind long ago. Seriously, who but the stupidest could still support a guy like that? Maybe some selfish **** who is desperate to cling on to his white privileges

I first read about this on, of all places. Fox news. But after watching the actual video, she does more-or-less hold her own as the video rolls on. She could have held herself in better check, but as the video progressed I believe she did make a reasonable case.

I originally came into the video expecting to hate her for it, but by the end I was O.K. with what she's doing, even if she should have held-off on the snarkiness. I am happy to see CNN going after her like that, even though I believe Wolf was ignorant of the nuances Nancy presented.
Chomsky, are you auditioning to be her press secretary? She was a total idiot. Even Wolf was flabbergasted by her childish display.

Chomsky, are you auditioning to be her press secretary? She was a total idiot. Even Wolf was flabbergasted by her childish display.
Wolf didn't understand the nuances Nancy presented, at all. His initial retorts where fine, but as the conversation evolved didn't keep up, sticking to a cliche'd talking point. He wasn't listening, and wasn't thinking.

Wolf didn't understand the nuances Nancy presented, at all. His initial retorts where fine, but as the conversation evolved didn't keep up, sticking to a cliche'd talking point. He wasn't listening, and wasn't thinking.
Chomsky, usually I find some of your posts thoughtful. This isn’t one of them. After reading your response I had to go back and watch the interview again. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t see what you see. She was evasive and defensive. Going so far as to call Wolf a Trump apologist. Asking a valid question is not being an apologist. It’s doing his job.

Even members of her own party are starting to question her refusal to negotiate in good faith while Americans are suffering. And I believe the clip you posted was from CNN which is far from being a Trump supporter. They criticize her.

Submit your resume. I’m sure Pelosi will give you a shot.

Thank you for sharing the actually interview video. I have to say, and clearly I'm biased, America is lucky they have a Republican President and Senate to help curtail the spending free-for-all that Nancy Pelosi favors without limit. I shudder to think what America will look like if she gets her way and the Senate turns Democrat and Joe Biden is elected President. She is incredibly arrogant, believes only she knows the right path ahead, and wants to throw money at everything that moves or doesn't move, all in the name of fighting COVID 19 when much of what she talks about has nothing to do with COVID 19.

Back
Top Bottom