• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dick Cheney's Creepy Torture Bravado

Back in the 1940's, polls in the South showed overwhelming support for separate bathrooms for whites and blacks. Didn't make it right, though, did it?

:shrug: he said that he thinks that the American public doesn't support Torture, by which he meant EIT. Polls demonstrate that not only does the American populace support EIT in some cases, it's even willing to countenance Torture in some cases.

Which isn't that surprising. Even John McCain, as outspoken an anti-EIT advocate as you could hope for has acknowledged that there are some instances when torture is unfortunately acceptable. If we are to speak morals, I would not say that it is a moral absolute.

Anyone see Megyn Kelly with James Mitchell last night?
He's one of the crew involved with the detainees at Gitmo.
He did waterboarding.
Very credible sounding guy.
Not surprisingly, he was pissed at the Dems report and had some interesting things to say.

Anyone who thinks that it's OK should have to go through it. :roll:

Utterly ridiculous reasoning. Most people have opinions and beliefs on issues they have no personal experience with.

Utterly ridiculous reasoning. Most people have opinions and beliefs on issues they have no personal experience with.

That's your opinion, which you are entitled to and I will ignore. :roll:

"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~ Tommy Smothers

That's your opinion, which you are entitled to and I will ignore. :roll:

"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~ Tommy Smothers

It is not an opinion.

It is a fact.

Back
Top Bottom