• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DHS temporarily suspends use of horse patrol in Del Rio

Lol.

The video isn't a lie.

The lying part comes in when people say the agents were whipping migrants. Twirling reins isn't whipping migrants. Instead if being delusional and imagining what I want to see for political reasons, I'd rather listen to people who were actually there, like the photographer who took the photos of the "whipping":

"I've never seen them whip anyone," Ratje said. "He was swinging it...but it can be misconstrued when you're looking at the picture."

One more time: "'I've never seen them whip anyone,' :oops: Ratje said."

I didn't read the commentary because that wasn't the point. You are so confused.

Well, I might be confused. I thought the point was to get to the "facts." Just making up shit or being delusional or disingenuous to suit a political agenda isn't factual or truthful.

And if you reviewed than you know that the post you responded to was about the US code.

You seem fixated on the Immigration and Nationality Act as it pertains to asylum while conveniently ignoring Title 42 of the United States Code, Chapter 6A, Subchapter II, Part G, Section 26:

Whenever the Surgeon General determines that by reason of the existence of any communicable disease in a foreign country there is serious danger of the introduction of such disease into the United States, and that this danger is so increased by the introduction of persons or property from such country that a suspension of the right to introduce such persons and property is required in the interest of the public health, the Surgeon General, in accordance with regulations approved by the President, shall have the power to prohibit, in whole or in part, the introduction of persons and property from such countries or places as he shall designate in order to avert such danger, and for such period of time as he may deem necessary for such purpose.

Why are you ignoring Title 42? That's a pretty strong legal argument for preventing potentially sick people from entering the country, asylum or not. And is Sleepy a liar or not? Is the border closed or open? ❓

Last edited:
The lying part comes in when people say the agents were whipping migrants. Twirling reins isn't whipping migrants. Instead if being delusional and imagining what I want to see for political reasons, I'd rather listen to people who were actually there, like the photographer who took the photos of the "whipping":

One more time: "'I've never seen them whip anyone,' :oops: Ratje said."

Well, I might be confused. I thought the point was to get to the "facts." Just making up shit or being delusional or disingenuous to suit a political agenda isn't factual or truthful.

You seem fixated on the Immigration and Nationality Act as it pertains to asylum while conveniently ignoring Title 42 of the United States Code, Chapter 6A, Subchapter II, Part G, Section 26:

Why are you ignoring Title 42? That's a pretty strong argument for preventing potentially sick people from entering the country, asylum or not. And is Sleepy a liar or not? Is the border closed or open.❓
The point of the video was that he said "nothing was on video"......the video proves him wrong. I didn't read the commentary because it had nothing to do with the point.

You would have known that if you had read before jumping in.

As for the law you cite, it has nothing to do with the point.

People, even if they enter illegally, even during a pandemic, still have a right to due process.

The point of the video was that he said "nothing was on video"......the video proves him wrong. I didn't read the commentary because it had nothing to do with the point.

Well, yeah, there was something on the video, just not what you're claiming it was. 😆

You would have known that if you had read before jumping in.

You're still wrong. 😅 Twirling reins isn't whipping migrants, and keeping people out of the country is the job of the Border Patrol. (CBP agents--the guys who let people in, are at lawful ports of entry.) No matter where I insert myself into the conversation that fact doesn't change.

As for the law you cite, it has nothing to do with the point.

Which point are you talking about? "Whipping" people, or immediately returning potential asylum seekers to Mexico? Because if it's the latter Title 42 has everything to do with it.

Well, yeah, there was something on the video, just not what you're claiming it was. 😆

You're still wrong. 😅 Twirling reins isn't whipping migrants, and keeping people out of the country is the job of the Border Patrol. (CBP agents--the guys who let people in, are at lawful ports of entry.) No matter where I insert myself into the conversation that fact doesn't change.

Which point are you talking about? "Whipping" people, or immediately returning potential asylum seekers to Mexico? Because if it's the latter Title 42 has everything to do with it.
QUOTE me claiming what it was.

QUOTE me saying anyone was whipped.

No, it doesn't. They are entitled to due process regardless.

The law is the law.

I quoted it for you.
Once again, you only repeated a code. And that is not all that happens to govern interactions at the border.

It's because the agents have the power to deny them entry into the US, or to detain them for questioning. That code you keep repeating, is not the only one on the books for dictating such entry.

Code 1325: Illegal entry by alien.
Code 1226: Apprehension and detention of aliens.
Code 1357: Powers of immigration officials & employees.

And a good number more are intended to handle immigration itself.

But barring illegals from entry, arrest, detention/questioning, and denial of entry are all powers that the agents possess.
Violating immigration law itself is enough cause for them to deny entry into the US.

So one law does not give them a shield against all the others.

ClaraD, I can always count on you to not only not answer the question but create a diversion. I was referring to the photographer whose photos set this whole thing off.
a diversion? So, the agent not following the law is a diversion...interesting.

Once again, you only repeated a code. And that is not all that happens to govern interactions at the border.

It's because the agents have the power to deny them entry into the US, or to detain them for questioning. That code you keep repeating, is not the only one on the books for dictating such entry.

Code 1325: Illegal entry by alien.
Code 1226: Apprehension and detention of aliens.
Code 1357: Powers of immigration officials & employees.

And a good number more are intended to handle immigration itself.

But barring illegals from entry, arrest, detention/questioning, and denial of entry are all powers that the agents possess.
Violating immigration law itself is enough cause for them to deny entry into the US.

So one law does not give them a shield against all the others.
actually, an agent cannot deny entry, they can only detain the person for processing before an IJ....but surely you knew that. The judge can deny them entry and order deportation...an asylum officer, can officially deny entry based on a negative credible fear finding as well...but an average agent cannot....they can only detain someone.

They hit immigrants with, using it as a whip....so, the stupid nonsense needs to stop....you can't just punch someone because they run....this is the same concept. Were you outraged at the nonsense being posted in that border patrol group on Facebook? I bet you thought it was funny.

Agents twirling reins to keep illegals away from the horses and from getting hurt?

Even the photographer who was taking the pictures admitted that the agents were not whipping people.

Liberals are using this nonsense to cover Joe's failed presidency and for throwing the border agents under the bus.

Nice try.

A reporter on the scene claims she witnessed it, and in fairness it appears to be using reins in a menacing way, which to your point is a bit different than people being whipped. It's bad optics, but optics none the less if it wasn't some widespread incident. The interesting thing with the border debacle is there's no real way of winning, because one side is unhappy people are being deported and the other is unhappy because people are coming in droves despite the ongoing deportations.
The enemy of the people can be assumed to be lying at all times.

The fact that Biden thinks that the problem with the way he is treating immigrants is that Border patrol agents are using horses shows how out of touch with the problem he is.

actually, an agent cannot deny entry, they can only detain the person for processing before an IJ....but surely you knew that. The judge can deny them entry and order deportation...an asylum officer, can officially deny entry based on a negative credible fear finding as well...but an average agent cannot....they can only detain someone.
There is a sub-section to the code that gives them this power directly. Though I could've posted all the individual codes for lack of brevity.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/23/poli...land-security-del-rio-horse-patrol/index.html

The amount of stupid in this decision is mind boggling.

Horse patrols are practical, safe and necessary in areas of rugged terrain. Using horses to control pedestrian populations in times of civil disorder is a common tactic and has been used for more than a century including in urban areas. In this case you have alarmist morons in congress calling for the termination of border patrol officers that were merely doing their job. If we allow idiots like that to influence law enforcement decisions then we may as well not have law enforcement....

...hey! Maybe that's part of the plan. If we're going to defund police then we may as well defund border patrol too.
The Woke Biden administration is getting ready to order new methods of controlling the border in light of this outrageous display of horse rein flying in the air. Here they are:

1.) If you suspect someone who just looks like a Haitian but may not be (we cannot judge by looks alone) you are to ask him first if he is:
a.) black
b.) white
c.) none of the above

2.) assuming he admits he is black, you cannot just assume he is Haitian. You must ask if he is from Haiti, Guatemala, Sweden, or France.

3.) If he looks surprised and says Haiti, you cannot assume he is here illegally. You must find out by asking:
a.) are you here on holiday?
b.) Are you visiting friends?
c.) are you a drug smuggler
d.) if 30 people are behind him, do not assume anything. Ask if they are immediate family.
e.) are you here legally? Remember, he could just be undocumented. Do not assume.

4.) If he says he is not a citizen and not visiting friends you must be courteous at all times and ask:
a.) How did you get here? (Don't be a wise guy and say Haiti is 4,000 miles away)
b.) ask if it was by plane and what airlines and did he fly first class or coach (To lighten the air)
c.) Ask him if he intends on finding gainful employment in congress or perhaps a major news outlet as a reporter
d.) Don't assume and just ask politely if he will commit crimes while he is here (Assume he will be honest)

5.) If, and only if, he says he is 30 years old, has a brood of ten, and intends on selling drugs and mugging people and raping them, ask him if he will allow you to send him back.

6.) If, and only if, he respectfully declines, you are to ask him if he will submit to vaccination if you let him stay. (Remember, Congress is exempt so they can be too. We have no legal control over Haiti. they are a sovereign country)

7.) If he declines and says he read the Vares report and besides he already had Covid, you are to drop the subject.

8.) You are to ask, not insist, that he report back somewhere at some agency in 60 days just to check in for food stamps and housing that he is entitled to. We trust they will keep their word.

9.) If he demands that right now, you are to point to the waiting bus and whisper that he can select whatever state he wants to be sponsored in.

10.) If you violate any of these rules, you will lose your job, your pension and will be force vaccinated and tagged. Biden expects full compliance.

Agents twirling reins to keep illegals away from the horses and from getting hurt?

Even the photographer who was taking the pictures admitted that the agents were not whipping people.

Liberals are using this nonsense to cover Joe's failed presidency and for throwing the border agents under the bus.

Nice try.
They weren't trying to keep them from getting hurt as referenced by what that agent yelled at them....which was uncalled for. Further, they were actually trying to chase them back across the river....why didn't they detain them per protocol?

The Woke Biden administration is getting ready to order new methods of controlling the border in light of this outrageous display of horse rein flying in the air. Here they are:

1.) If you suspect someone who just looks like a Haitian but may not be (we cannot judge by looks alone) you are to ask him first if he is:
a.) black
b.) white
c.) none of the above

2.) assuming he admits he is black, you cannot just assume he is Haitian. You must ask if he is from Haiti, Guatemala, Sweden, or France.

3.) If he looks surprised and says Haiti, you cannot assume he is here illegally. You must find out by asking:
a.) are you here on holiday?
b.) Are you visiting friends?
c.) are you a drug smuggler
d.) if 30 people are behind him, do not assume anything. Ask if they are immediate family.
e.) are you here legally? Remember, he could just be undocumented. Do not assume.

4.) If he says he is not a citizen and not visiting friends you must be courteous at all times and ask:
a.) How did you get here? (Don't be a wise guy and say Haiti is 4,000 miles away)
b.) ask if it was by plane and what airlines and did he fly first class or coach (To lighten the air)
c.) Ask him if he intends on finding gainful employment in congress or perhaps a major news outlet as a reporter
d.) Don't assume and just ask politely if he will commit crimes while he is here (Assume he will be honest)

5.) If, and only if, he says he is 30 years old, has a brood of ten, and intends on selling drugs and mugging people and raping them, ask him if he will allow you to send him back.

6.) If, and only if, he respectfully declines, you are to ask him if he will submit to vaccination if you let him stay. (Remember, Congress is exempt so they can be too. We have no legal control over Haiti. they are a sovereign country)

7.) If he declines and says he read the Vares report and besides he already had Covid, you are to drop the subject.

8.) You are to ask, not insist, that he report back somewhere at some agency in 60 days just to check in for food stamps and housing that he is entitled to. We trust they will keep their word.

9.) If he demands that right now, you are to point to the waiting bus and whisper that he can select whatever state he wants to be sponsored in.

10.) If you violate any of these rules, you will lose your job, your pension and will be force vaccinated and tagged. Biden expects full compliance.
racial profiling is illegal, but you knew that right?
Also, there are blacks in all of those countries and more...including Brazil, the largest black population on this continent, the Dominican Republic, any of the many countries in Africa, Guyana, Colombia, Honduras, Costa Rica, Venezuela....hell even Sweden, France and Canada have black populations...so, your point is what? You think we should go around arresting all blacks and make them prove their citizenship, because they are black?

It is much more likely that you will be raped by a middle aged white guy than a Haitian.

They weren't trying to keep them from getting hurt as referenced by what that agent yelled at them....which was uncalled for. Further, they were actually trying to chase them back across the river....why didn't they detain them per protocol?

Biden cultists could care less what our border agents have gone through since Biden took over.

You have never once been through what they are experiencing, and yet you sit back spouting your righteous bullshit like you you something.

Back
Top Bottom