• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Detecting Design in Biology Using the Scientific Method

Oh you've read those?

A brief summary of their evidence, please?

Unless you haven't read them of course.
LOL Oh hell no. The reason I posted them is because after reading your other posts, it's clear you need a basic foundational knowledge on the subject, period. You're not even prepared to discuss the issue. I got my education...if you are interested in the subject, I suggest you do the same.

The whole thing is just a long-winded example of the god of the gaps fallacy, laced with false premises (e.g., irreducible complexity), special pleading, and a general tenor of non sequitur. It basically boils down to: we don't understand exactly how biology could be so complicated, therefore a "designer" must have done it (forget about where the designer must have come from).

The motivation is to fabricate credibility for the idea that the "theory" of Intelligent Design is scientifically sound.

"If science has taught us anything, it is that we get no where calling our ignorance, god" I saw that in an evolution book once, sorry, can't name the person who made the quote, but it is completely accurate. Calling what we don't know god will never give us any actual answers, or make predictions, or create technology. Discovering actual facts does

"If science has taught us anything, it is that we get no where calling our ignorance, god" I saw that in an evolution book once, sorry, can't name the person who made the quote, but it is completely accurate. Calling what we don't know god will never give us any actual answers, or make predictions, or create technology. Discovering actual facts does

I'm all for likening "god" with "ignorance," but definitely not in the way that saying intended.

"Flying dinosaurs?"

You don't seriously believe that archaeoraptor could fly, do you?
All birds are descended from the flying dinosaurs so yes. You think birds were poofed into existence I suppose. You are big fan of magicians.

I'm all for likening "god" with "ignorance," but definitely not in the way that saying intended.
You deny that gods have been used to explain the "unexplainable"at least since Thor was throwing lightning bolts from Olympus?

You deny that gods have been used to explain the "unexplainable"at least since Thor was throwing lightning bolts from Olympus?

No, that's not what I said at all.

That is what the quote was about. I guess you misinterpreted it.

No, I interpreted it just fine. I think you misinterpreted my comment.

No, I interpreted it just fine. I think you misinterpreted my comment.
You said you did not agree with the quote. It stated that using God to explain the unexplainable "get us nowhere". Do you agree with that?

LOL Oh hell no. The reason I posted them is because after reading your other posts, it's clear you need a basic foundational knowledge on the subject, period. You're not even prepared to discuss the issue. I got my education...if you are interested in the subject, I suggest you do the same.
So you haven't read them. Just as I thought.

The old "here's a lengthy reading assignment after which you'll know I'm right" trick. It's better than the old "Google the internet and you'll find out I'm right" trick, but not much.

How about you, Peggy Sue, do you believe that so-called "Flying dinosaur" archaeoraptor could actually fly? Or used its wings in any way that improved its ability to survive?

Since I like you, I'll recommend you Google before you answer. Just please don't share the answer with @iguanaman or @watsup.

Last edited:
Yes Gods have been used to explain the unexplainable for all of history and likely much of prehistory.

But something is needed to explain the unexplainable. Especially the origin of life which Darwin cultists conveniently claim is not part of their faith.

You can accept that there is an appearance of design in life on Earth and that the Darwinian and neo-Darwinian theories are based on conjecture and suppositions piled on assumptions. You can do that without believing in Zeuss, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, or a Guy in the Sky who strikes people down with furious anger.

Yes Gods have been used to explain the unexplainable for all of history and likely much of prehistory.

But something is needed to explain the unexplainable. Especially the origin of life which Darwin cultists conveniently claim is not part of their faith.

You can accept that there is an appearance of design in life on Earth and that the Darwinian and neo-Darwinian theories are based on conjecture and suppositions piled on assumptions. You can do that without believing in Zeuss, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, or a Guy in the Sky who strikes people down with furious anger.
Actually it is exactly the same as believing Thor was the source of lightning. It is something you cannot see or comprehend the answer to so you assume it must be magic. It's not. There is no such thing as magic. It is just an illusion. Humans are just the current masters of this planet. There will be others before the Sun snuffs the Earth out for good in 7 or 8 Billion years. That is what evolution tells us.

Last edited:

“Appearance”. *YAWN*. Is that really what you want to hang your hat on?

“Darwin cultists. Faith. Conjecture. Suppositions. Assumptions.” TryIng to “win” debate using common ID supporter talking points?

Actually it is exactly the same as believing Thor was the source of lightning. It is something you cannot see or comprehend the answer to so you assume it must be magic. It's not. There is no such thing as magic. It is just an illusion. Humans are just the current masters of this planet. There will be others before the Sun snuffs the Earth out for good. That is what evolution tells us.
Evolution does not just explain the past, it predicts the future?

Are you as sure of that as you are about the flight capability of archaeoraptor?

How do you think that life on Earth began?

Evolution does not just explain the past, it predicts the future?

Are you as sure of that as you are about the flight capability of archaeoraptor?

How do you think that life on Earth began?
With a single cell....and yes science can predict the future by studying the past. That is the whole point of science.

With a single cell....and yes science can predict the future.
Since a cell is so simple it can spontaneously form from non-living matter?

Since a cell is so simple it can spontaneously form from non-living matter?
That is what science believes. You think a God created the single cell that started all life on the planet and then left it to evolve for billions of years? That is not how most scriptures describe creation and that is not what intelligent design claims either. Maybe you should start your own religion.

So you haven't read them. Just as I thought.

The old "here's a lengthy reading assignment after which you'll know I'm right" trick. It's better than the old "Google the internet and you'll find out I'm right" trick, but not much.

How about you, Peggy Sue, do you believe that so-called "Flying dinosaur" archaeoraptor could actually fly? Or used its wings in any way that improved its ability to survive?

Since I like you, I'll recommend you Google before you answer. Just please don't share the answer with @iguanaman or @watsup.

Do you get to ask all the questions? That hardly seems fair. Did any of the dinosaurs fly?

That is what science believes. You think a God created the single cell that started all life on the planet and then left it to evolve for billions of years? That is not how most scriptures describe creation and that is not what intelligent design claims either. Maybe you should start your own religion.

See more flops doesn’t answer questions, he only asks them.

Science believes that a single cell spontaneously formed and all life on Earth arose from that on cell?

Do you get to ask all the questions? That hardly seems fair. Did any of the dinosaurs fly?
No way to know. Many winged birds are flightless.

Science believes that a single cell spontaneously formed and all life on Earth arose from that on cell?
It may have happened more than once or it could have come from a meteorite from another solar system. We do know it happened over 3 billion years ago since fossils of blue-green algae have been found that are that old. Why is knowing how the first cell formed so important to you? We know it happened don't we?

Back
Top Bottom