• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Desperate President Bush blathers on and on...

americanwoman said:
uuum maybe when he became mayor he could have been briefed that his city was the target of a major threat just years before and could be again. But then again why would he want to know that right?:roll:

I would think the mayor of any big city would have to be aware that their city might be the target of a terrorist attack..........

oldreliable67 said:
Hey, whoa! Are we trying to have our cake and eat it too? Or weren't you aware of all those calls of 'prove that the things that the administration has done' has made us safer? Now that the NYT has enhanced our security (not!), and the cat is out of the bag, we are learning more about events that have transpired that, if they were revealed earlier, might have comprised sources and methods.

Now we're learning more, as requested, and we're still complaining?:confused:

When it comes to the left in this country President Bush is in a no win situation.......If he tells them a terrorist attack is foiled he is criticizes, if he doesn't tell them he is criticized........

The hell with them, I am glad to know what is going one.......

KCConservative said:
I didn't take the president's comment to mean that we have given up trying to locate him or his thugs and bring them to justice. Our military still has bin laden on it's mind, no matter what off the cuff remark Bush might make.

I wasn't aware Bush's qoutes came with an extension manual. When he said
"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority. [G.W. Bush, 3/13/02]" I figured that he meant he doesnt care where bin-laden is and that bin-laden doesn't concern him

Navy Pride said:
When it comes to the left in this country President Bush is in a no win situation.......If he tells them a terrorist attack is foiled he is criticizes, if he doesn't tell them he is criticized........

Well, can you blame us? It's no wonder President Bush is in a no-win situation... he put himself there with his constant flip-floping and ever changing priorities.

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

I don't know where Bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." G.W. Bush, 3/13/02:

Navy Pride said:

Oh please.

Why did he choose now to announce this? Why was this not announced two or three years ago when the "mastermind" behind it was arrested? Why didn't the city of Los Angeles know about this attack? Why is everything about this a secret? If it is a secret because it is still top-secret why even announce it?

Releasing this information in this manner is reckless and unintelligent. It will server no purpose for security or bettering the nation, all it does is put fear into people.

I can sum up this whole part of his speech in one sentence.

"Vote republican or terrorists will bomb America".

Gibberish said:
Oh please.

Why did he choose now to announce this? Why was this not announced two or three years ago when the "mastermind" behind it was arrested? Why didn't the city of Los Angeles know about this attack? Why is everything about this a secret? If it is a secret because it is still top-secret why even announce it?

Releasing this information in this manner is reckless and unintelligent. It will server no purpose for security or bettering the nation, all it does is put fear into people.

I can sum up this whole part of his speech in one sentence.

"Vote republican or terrorists will bomb America".

How does the fact that we interupted a terrorist plot scare folks?:confused:

Oh......I know, most folks think there are not terrorists out there trying to kill us, and where would they get a silly idea like that? Pffft, the terrorists caused this fear, not Bush, not the government, hell, not even Clinton!:roll:

"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'"
- G.W. Bush, 9/17/01, UPI

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

Deegan said:
How does the fact that we interupted a terrorist plot scare folks?:confused:

Oh......I know, most folks think there are not terrorists out there trying to kill us, and where would they get a silly idea like that? Pffft, the terrorists caused this fear, not Bush, not the government, hell, not even Clinton!:roll:

Where do you get the silly idea that we interupted a terrorist plot? Because Bush says so? Bush did not supply names nor dates involved in this "plot" so frankly my dear, I don't believe him.

KidRocks said:
Where do you get the silly idea that we interupted a terrorist plot? Because Bush says so? Bush did not supply names nor dates involved in this "plot" so frankly my dear, I don't believe him.

Then you weren't listening. He supplied both the names and the dates.

"We now know that in October 2001, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the mastermind of the September the 11th attacks, had already set in motion a plan to have terrorist operatives hijack an airplane using shoe bombs to breach the cockpit door and fly the plane into the tallest building on the West Coast," Bush said in a speech to National Guardsmen in Washington, D.C.

Library Tower is now known as U.S. Bank Tower. In his speech, Bush mistakenly referred to it as Liberty Tower. The plot involved Malaysian militant Hambali, who was one of the leaders of Jemaah Islamiya, an Al Qaeda-related group that is responsible for bombings in the Philippines and other nations in Southeast Asia. Bush said Hambali recruited key operatives in Afghanistan, who met with Usama bin Laden to develop the plan.

The plot was derailed in early 2002 when a southeast Asian nation arrested a key al Qaeda operative," Bush said.

"In the summer of 2003, our partners in Southeast Asia conducted another successful manhunt that led to the capture of the terrorist Hambali," Bush said. "In November 2001, our coalition forces killed Mohammed Atef with an airstrike in Afghanistan. March 2003, his replacement, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, was captured in Pakistan. May 2005, the man who took over for him, a terrorist named al-Libbi, was captured in South Asia."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,184324,00.html

Don't worry, Kidrocks. I'll thank him for you.

Last edited:
Lantzolot said:
And the democrats are so worried about the US becoming republican that they use funerals to bush-bash.
Isn't it amazing what happens to Bush when he appears in public with an audience that wasn't pre-selected to kiss his ass?

He's such a ***** that unless he's forced to appear at a funeral he only rereads the same old tired propaganda to people who were pre-screened to applaud on command...he's such a loser!

KCConservative said:
Yes, this little chestnut keeps popping up. It was obvious to me and to those who re-elected him, that Bush meant bin laden isn't the power figure he once was. Once the Taliban was dismantled, he became rather insignificant - not those who work for him, obviously, but he himself. I didn't take the president's comment to mean that we have given up trying to locate him or his thugs and bring them to justice. Our military still has bin laden on it's mind, no matter what off the cuff remark Bush might make.

I rememer when I was stood up at the altar in 1987. I was moments away from getting married and she dumped me. I was crushed that the woman I loved and to whom I had proposed marriage had done this awful thing to me. It took a long time, but I eventually got over it. A year later I told my family and friends that I didn't care anymore. I had moved on and put the entire thing behind me. About 10 years later, I saw her at a social event and the emotions swept over me. I wanted to kill her. Even though I had put it all behind me, I knew deep down that I still wanted revenge. Bush hasn't forgotten what bin laden did and he will always want to even the score.

That's personal pain, different from 9-11, which was not personal for Bush.

She humiliated you and destroyed your heart which you gave to her, Bush was just holding the office of the president when it was attacked, unless someone extremely close to him was killed, which has no been reported so therefore none....

26 X World Champs said:
he's such a loser!
Actually, he was a winner....twice. I know it sucks for you, champs. But hang on, you get to go to the polls in a few more years.

americanwoman said:
He's trying to scare people into remembering we are still threatened as a nation. We heard about this years before. Why else would he be bringing it up now when he is at an all time low with the majority of Americans?
I can just imagine someone saying the very same thing after 15 years of the Cold War...

...you know...just a few days before the Cuban Missile Crisis...;)

Synch said:
That's personal pain, different from 9-11, which was not personal for Bush.
911 wasn't personal for the president? Interesting. Tell us how you know this.

KCConservative said:
Or showing us the benefits of wire-tapping the terrorists phonecalls.
Or out of desperation to boost his pathetic approval rating he goes back to the one and only that has consistently boosted his ratings...scaring the crap out of Americans.

He's such a total loser and the majority of Americans don't believe his BS. For Bush it's "desperate times call for desperate measures."

I love it when Bush hits one out of the park like he did today. It's fun to watch the liberals race to see who can bash first. Hey, I've been on the other side. I know what it likes to keep losing. It's gotta suck to be a liberal.

26 X World Champs said:
Or out of desperation to boost his pathetic approval rating he goes back to the one and only that has consistently boosted his ratings...scaring the crap out of Americans.
It didn't scare me at all. I was happy to hear that me and my family were being protected. It's funny, he was only giving the evidence that we're succeeding.....you know, the evidence you keep asking for.

He's such a total loser and the majority of Americans don't believe his BS

BS? That big hole in the ground in downtown Manhattan is a pretty grim reminder of what is and what ain't BS.

KCConservative said:
It didn't scare me at all. I was happy to hear that me and my family were being protected. It's funny, he was only giving the evidence that we're succeeding.....you know, the evidence you keep asking for.
Like your opinion will boost his disgustingly low ratings! You're in love with the guy in a Brokeback Mtn. kind of way...It's the 58% of us who think he's a total fraud and loser that he's trying to scare...not the people who are blind to the patheticness of his actions.

26 X World Champs said:
Like your opinion will boost his disgustingly low ratings! You're in love with the guy in a Brokeback Mtn. kind of way...It's the 58% of us who think he's a total fraud and loser that he's trying to scare...not the people who are blind to the patheticness of his actions.

There you go, when all else fails, go for the gay jokes.

Be careful, champs. That could get you suspended from Wood Shop.

:2wave:

26 X World Champs said:

I guess the pertinent question here is WHY is the President of the United States trying to scare you? What is his motivation? :roll:

KCConservative said:
There you go, when all else fails, go for the gay jokes.

Be careful, champs. That could get you suspended from Wood Shop.

:2wave:
You're the one who thinks Bush is your Adonis, not me. Too bad that Bush is doomed to go down as one of, if not the very worst Presidents in American history...as well as the stupidest President of all time.

26 X World Champs said:

/mod mode/
Champs,
I've read this thread from the beginning - looking for some provocation that would prompt you to post in such an increasingly vitriolic and undebatable way. But I see nothing. I see a reasonable discussion taking place and you jumping in here and there to spout tired rhetoric and finally a bizarre attempt to insult KCConservative by inferring that he is gay. That's kind of lame, don't you think? Cut it out.
/mod mode/

mixedmedia said:
/mod mode/
Champs,
I've read this thread from the beginning - looking for some provocation that would prompt you to post in such an increasingly vitriolic and undebatable way. But I see nothing. I see a reasonable discussion taking place and you jumping in here and there to spout tired rhetoric and finally a bizarre attempt to insult KCConservative by inferring that he is gay. That's kind of lame, don't you think? Cut it out.
/mod mode/
Gay? Definitely not! Blindly loyal beyond rational or reasoning, yes. When I read that someone's opinion of this speech is that he "hit a home run" when in reality he was stirring the pot it caused me to stir the pot back...I have nothing against the guy from Kansas...just his opinions of someone I consider to be a national nightmare that has cost our country so much pain, so much loss, so much money and so much respect around the world.

When someone blindly supports the guy, hanging on every word, it is a love-like response one would expect from a spouse, not a person who is able to reason.

I like how he got his ass kicked at the Coretta Scott King funeral. Beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom