• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DeSantis berates students for wearing masks

Last night, it was a Congresswoman heckling the president as he spoke of his deceased son. The Republican Party is just a cavalcade of obnoxious, classless, boorishness and bullying. One right after the other with no reprieve. What's wrong with these people?

He's a goddamn idiot.

And who is he to tell them what to do? If their parents want them to wear masks, it's up to them, not him. Or did the right do an about face on that?

So why are supporting bullying?
Frightening that a teacher doesn’t know what bullying is.

Bullying is an ongoing and deliberate misuse of power in relationships through repeated verbal, physical and/or social behaviour that intends to cause physical, social and/or psychological harm. It can involve an individual or a group misusing their power, or perceived power, over one or more persons who feel unable to stop it from happening.

One sentence, one time is not bullying

Bullying is an ongoing and deliberate misuse of power in relationships through repeated verbal, physical and/or social behaviour that intends to cause physical, social and/or psychological harm. It can involve an individual or a group misusing their power, or perceived power, over one or more persons who feel unable to stop it from happening.

If it only happens only once it's not bullying? What a bunch of self-soothing bullshit.

Imagine if Dr. Fauci went to speak at a school, walked up to a bunch of students and pointed at them and berated them because they were NOT wearing masks.

FRW heads would explode.

Apparently not. You're trying to change the subject. Again, why do you accept this bullying?

verb
gerund or present participle: bullying

1. seek to harm, intimidate, or coerce (someone perceived as vulnerable).
    "her 11- year-old son has been constantly bullied at school"

Apparently not. You're trying to change the subject. Again, why do you accept this bullying?

verb
gerund or present participle: bullying

1. seek to harm, intimidate, or coerce (someone perceived as vulnerable).
    "her 11- year-old son has been constantly bullied at school"
Maybe light a joint so you can keep up with the conversation?

You are asking that to someone who admitted to wearing a dirty mask for months. Not just once or twice in a pinch but actually wore a dirty mask for months.
I’ve got another one in my glove compartment.

Don’t you feel so much better about that mask theater for the past year?

😂

😂

I do because I wore clean masks and did my part.

Even if I thought it was just "theater" like you, I'd still wear a clean mask. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean you should be unhygienic. 🤷‍♀️

I can see why the thought of wearing a months old dirty mask is hilarious to you. Perhaps not so much to the polite people around you.

You are asking that to someone who admitted to wearing a dirty mask for months. Not just once or twice in a pinch but actually wore a dirty mask for months.

And someone who would run on here screaming like a banshee if a Democratic politician ever talked to her son about a mask.

If it only happens only once it's not bullying? What a bunch of self-soothing bullshit.

Imagine if Dr. Fauci went to speak at a school, walked up to a bunch of students and pointed at them and berated them because they were NOT wearing masks.

FRW heads would explode.

Her head would explode for sure if it was her son Fauci did that to.

I do because I wore clean masks and did my part.

Even if I thought it was just "theater" like you, I'd still wear a clean mask. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean you should be unhygienic. 🤷‍♀️

I can see why the thought of wearing a months old dirty mask is hilarious to you. Perhaps not so much to the polite people around you.
Never claimed to be “polite”. Never believed masks were anything more than rule following.

I’m also not sure how dirty other people’s faces are…but man…I don’t want to find out either based on your reaction.

And someone who would run on here screaming like a banshee if a Democratic politician ever talked to her son about a mask.
Why would my son be at any sort of photo op with a democratic politician? 😂

Never claimed to be “polite”. Never believed masks were anything more than rule following.

I’m also not sure how dirty other people’s faces are…but man…I don’t want to find out either based on your reaction.

I'm not saying you were polite, I'm talking about people who have to be around someone who wears dirty items for months.

In all honesty, the only people still wearing masks are the ones who benefit the least from them - it keeps Covid in but not out, and I doubt a single person still on the mask bandwagon is unvaccinated. I say open the flood gates, all of the people who put in the legwork to slow or prevent the pandemic are immunized (read: resistant to the worst symptoms) at this point, and aside from immunocompromised people, the overwhelming majority of those at risk of dying from Covid are those who opposed harm reduction the hardest. Let the Republicans and lolberts catch preventable and avoidable respiratory illnesses, they're a dying population anyway. If they want to expedite their own funerals, that's on them.

The fact that you would make such a clueless observation speaks volumes.

Last edited:
In all honesty, the only people still wearing masks are the ones who benefit the least from them - it keeps Covid in but not out, and I doubt a single person still on the mask bandwagon is unvaccinated. I say open the flood gates, all of the people who put in the legwork to slow or prevent the pandemic are immunized (read: resistant to the worst symptoms) at this point, and aside from immunocompromised people, the overwhelming majority of those at risk of dying from Covid are those who opposed harm reduction the hardest. Let the Republicans and lolberts catch preventable and avoidable respiratory illnesses, they're a dying population anyway. If they want to expedite their own funerals, that's on them.

Maybe somebody told those kids DeSantis’s wife is immunocompromised and they were trying not to be assholes.

Maybe somebody told those kids DeSantis’s wife is immunocompromised and they were trying not to be assholes.
If the Desantis family doesn't value her life, I don't either, and I don't think anyone else should be expected to. It's not like Republican Covid policy to date has been concerned with your loved ones, or the loved ones of these students.

😂
Wearing a mask has never been theater. It was always based on scientific data. Masks help reduce the probability of contracting COVID-19. They also help reduce the probability of spreading it if you already have it.

There is an ignorant conservative canard that because it is still possible to get COVID-19 while wearing a mask, and because it is possible to spread COVID-19 through a mask, that therefore masks are worthless. But this is as foolish an argument as saying that, because it is still possible to be killed in a car accident while wearing your seatbelt, seatbelts are therefore worthless. Seatbelts help protect you in the event of a car accident, but they do not make you invulnerable. The same goes for masks.

So where is the "theater" here?

Last edited:
Wearing a mask has never been theater. It was always based on scientific data. Masks help reduce the probability of contracting COVID-19. They also help reduce the probability of spreading it if you already have it.

There is an ignorant conservative canard that because it is still possible to get COVID-19 while wearing a mask, and because it is possible to spread COVID-19 through a mask, that therefore masks are worthless. But this is as foolish an argument as saying that, because it is still possible to be killed in a car accident while wearing your seatbelt, seatbelts are therefore worthless. Seatbelts help protect you in the event of a car accident, but they do not make you invulnerable. The same goes for masks.

So where is the "theater" here?
If you honestly think a paper or cloth mask has helped you to not catch Covid, good for you.

Apparently an Ivy League education doesn't cover metaphors.

I guess the Ivy league never taught you any basic math?

A .003 micron rated N95 mask is going to stop a .001 micron virus?

I hope you don't teach your kids basic math........right?

Back
Top Bottom