• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Democrats: Why in the world are you liberal?

Lachean said:
I grew up wearing the liberal badge because I was told that was what I was and I ran with it. About two years ago I started thinking, actually thinking for myself, and I found myself to agree with the origional conservative premises. I may be socially liberal, but not "Nationalized Healthcare" liberal.

That's funny. I grew up wearing the conservative badge because I was told that was what I was and I ran with it. Several years ago I started thinking, actually thinking for myself, and I found myself to agree with the liberal premises. I may be fiscal conservative, but not "pass-the-buck tax cut pro-debt" conservative.

Originally posted by Iriemon
That's funny. I grew up wearing the conservative badge because I was told that was what I was and I ran with it. Several years ago I started thinking, actually thinking for myself, and I found myself to agree with the liberal premises. I may be fiscal conservative, but not "pass-the-buck tax cut pro-debt" conservative.
That's funny. I grew up in a ultra-conservative Catholic household realizing that everything I was being told was a bunch of bullshit! I used my parents as a reverse barometer!

AmericanPatriot29 said:
I just don't understand it. How can someone support liberalism? It is the definition of lunacy and defies all common sense. It really is some type of a disorder. I see how liberal the world is becoming and I just get depressed and hope I wont live to see how bad it will get. So why are you liberal? What makes you liberal? What is the indoctrination of the media, schools, and hollywood? Was it a specific event? Is it because you dont have a grasp of history? What?

AP

I like;

Good better than evil.

Right better than wrong.

Fair play better than cheating.

Equality better than oppression.

Truth better than lies.

Reality better than fantasy.

Wealth for everyone better than for just a few.

Etc. etc....

And as for history, do you really think the folks who fought for American independance were conservatives?

Last edited:
Saboteur said:

Sounds like a redistribution of wealth to me ya commy bastard!

Saboteur said:
Good better than evil.
Abortion=good? :rofl

Right better than wrong.
Like saving Tibet and throwing Israel to the wolves?

Fair play better than cheating.
Clinton was a cheater or was Monica fair play?

Equality better than oppression.
Bush has the most diverse administration I have seen in my lifetime.

Truth better than lies.
Like the fetus is a parasite?

Reality better than fantasy.
Well Michael Moore's movie certainly wasn't a documentary.

Is that what poor Kerry & Heinz were supposed to be representing?

And as for history, do you really think the folks who fought for American independance were conservatives?
Well they certainly weren't what passes for "liberal" today. :rofl But yes the term liberal has been perverted as of late.

"Like the fetus is a parasite?"

The fetus is TREATED LIKE a parasite INITIALLY BY THE MOTHER.

If you are gonna be talking about the truth, don't use lies to back up your point. I still can't believe that you are even debating this at all...just accept the truth...;)

BodiSatva said:
The fetus is TREATED LIKE a parasite INITIALLY BY THE MOTHER.

Clearly you mean the mother who aborts and not the one who paints the nursery right?:rofl Oh and thanks for proving my point Bodi!:mrgreen:

Liberals abolished slavery, while conservatives opposed it.
Liberals gave women the right to vote and be equal, while conservatives opposed it.
Liberals gave African Americans the right to vote and be equal, while conservatives opposed it.

I'm bloody proud to be a liberal!!

Clearly Talloulou...haha, clearly... :smile:

Touché Talloulou. I do like how you manipulated the language to your benefit...clever and much much better....essentially you one-upped me and burned me :(

For me to try a comeback would be kinda pathetic...
I must now bide my time and pay you back in spades... :cool:

Oh Garza...Sure some things have been initiated by Liberals...but some things have been initiated by Conservatives as well, don't be a silly bastard and think that one side is just better than the other. Liberals just don't stop with the good deeds...everything has to go to the extreme. Can't stop with Women Voting...gotta break up the family and get women equal pay and all the choices and more benefits and sue any person that disagrees and attack marraige and delude gays into thinking that they are worth anything and stop war and free tibet and eat organic ....you make me sick!

Free Tibet...
Peace is Patriotic...
War is not the Answer...

The angriest and F-ucking rudist people I have ever met in my life are Liberals. ***-Holes. Bumper stickers that say "BullSh!t" about Bush Lying and I have my daughter looking at that asking me what it says... Yeah, Liberals are the most selfish dicks in the world. I have never had a decent conversation with one, because once they realize that you have a brain and make independent decisions, they shout you down and act as if they are superior and that you are an idiot...it is patheitc and vile.

Selfish.
Judgemental.
Hypocrites.

That being said...Radical Liberalism is the greatest threat to society today.

Last edited:
GarzaUK,

Your lack of intellectual honesty is an abomination to Your Master.

Liberals gave women the right to vote and be equal, while conservatives opposed it.
Liberals gave African Americans the right to vote and be equal, while conservatives opposed it.

Think before you speak commoner! Answer me human.... What political party wanted to end slavery?

BodiSatva said:
Clearly Talloulou...haha, clearly... :smile:

Touché Talloulou. I do like how you manipulated the language to your benefit...clever and much much better....essentially you one-upped me and burned me :(

For me to try a comeback would be kinda pathetic...
I must now bide my time and pay you back in spades... :cool:

Oh Garza...Sure some things have been initiated by Liberals...but some things have been initiated by Conservatives as well, don't be a silly bastard and think that one side is just better than the other. Liberals just don't stop with the good deeds...everything has to go to the extreme. Can't stop with Women Voting...gotta break up the family and get women equal pay and all the choices and more benefits and sue any person that disagrees and attack marraige and delude gays into thinking that they are worth anything and stop war and free tibet and eat organic ....you make me sick!

Free Tibet...
Peace is Patriotic...
War is not the Answer...

The angriest and F-ucking rudist people I have ever met in my life are Liberals. ***-Holes. Bumper stickers that say "BullSh!t" about Bush Lying and I have my daughter looking at that asking me what it says... Yeah, Liberals are the most selfish dicks in the world. I have never had a decent conversation with one, because once they realize that you have a brain and make independent decisions, they shout you down and act as if they are superior and that you are an idiot...it is patheitc and vile.

Selfish.
Judgemental.
Hypocrites.

That being said...Radical Liberalism is the greatest threat to society today.

The greatest threat? Radical liberalism isn't the side flying planes into buildings. They just break into a lab testing on animals or two. But then, I don't know, you might not be threatened by that. I sure am.

Is eating organic radical liberalism? Hmmmm it's like a gigantic slippery slope and occasionally I slide. :rofl

I injected a lot of sarcasm and humor into my post...
We eat organic almost exclusively in our house.

Obviously the most direct threat is war and terrorists…
But I am not that threatened by what happened on 911 in all honesty. Sh!t happens everywhere..all of the time...I worry more about hte Invisible Children in Uganda than I worry about being killed by a terrorist...I worry more about Liberals and their insane agenda just as much as I worry about the far right and their crazy issues affecting me than I worry about terrorists...

But regarding the greatest threat to my world…the one that affects me and my family the most is radical Liberalism. I don’t see that many terrorists each day…running around and doing terrorist things here in our enclave or forests and art and tofu…but I sure as hell see Liberals doing all sorts of horrible atrocities to our liberties…devaluing America.

Just my opinion; and it is relative of course….

Last edited:
BodiSatva said:
I injected a lot of sarcasm and humor into my post...
We eat organic almost exclusively in our house.

Obviously the most direct threat is war and terrorists…
But I am not that threatened by what happened on 911 in all honesty. Sh!t happens everywhere..all of the time...I worry more about hte Invisible Children in Uganda than I worry about being killed by a terrorist...I worry more about Liberals and their insane agenda just as much as I worry about the far right and their crazy issues affecting me than I worry about terrorists...

But regarding the greatest threat to my world…the one that affects me and my family the most is radical Liberalism. I don’t see that many terrorists each day…running around and doing terrorist things here in our enclave or forests and art and tofu…but I sure as hell see Liberals doing all sorts of horrible atrocities to our liberties…devaluing America.

Just my opinion; and it is relative of course….

Provide an example of direct harm liberals have done to your family.

GarzaUK said:

That's actually not 100 percent accurate. Conservative Christians from the North were monumental in ending slavery. If you think about it Lincoln was a conservative republican but he had a radical idea of freeing the slaves so he was liberal in a sense but conservative in others. Do you know he advocated the removal of blacks from America to send them back to their native African lands? He didnt intend to free the slaves originally he just wanted to preserve the union.

Liberals gave women the right to vote and be equal, while conservatives opposed it. Liberals gave African Americans the right to vote and be equal, while conservatives opposed it.

It's communism. The problem is these things sound very noble and decent on the outside but in reality they have been extremely detrimental to our country. Instead of bringing equality of blacks we just created government installed reverse racism which gives the gov and excuse to encroach on our liberties. The constitution doesnt give the gov the authority to govern our interactions with people and legislate morality. If I dont want to rent my house to a minority for personal reasons that is my choice and the gov shouldnt come and force me to rent it to him. If I dont want to serve certain types of people the gov shouldnt come and tell me how to run my business and who to hire. Before you know it you are going to have to ask permission to walk down the street. All this civil rights legislation did was inflame racial issues and only enhanced them. The gov was never intended to become the moral police and all this civil rights legislation needs to be repealed.

AmericanPatriot Number 29,

It's communism. The problem is these things sound very noble and decent on the outside but in reality they have been extremely detrimental to our country. Instead of bringing equality of blacks we just created government installed reverse racism which gives the gov and excuse to encroach on our liberties. The constitution doesnt give the gov the authority to govern our interactions with people and legislate morality. If I dont want to rent my house to a minority for personal reasons that is my choice and the gov shouldnt come and force me to rent it to him. If I dont want to serve certain types of people the gov shouldnt come and tell me how to run my business and who to hire. Before you know it you are going to have to ask permission to walk down the street. All this civil rights legislation did was inflame racial issues and only enhanced them. The gov was never intended to become the moral police and all this civil rights legislation needs to be repealed.

You've given me something to think about. While sounding raceist your point is made.

Aside from eroding the constitution with the likes of extremists like Ruth Bader Ginsburg as Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit and as A Supreme Court Justice and the ACLU and its ridiculous agenda attacking normalcy in favor of deviance and internationalism...the fact that the left is against America but plays as if they are for America while attempting to undermine it...more and more....

Other than all of that, I have to explain to my two-year old daughter why people are in the park near her favorite fountain with coffins shouting hysterically about hate and how horrible our governement is...what is death to a two year old...trauma...**** happens, but that directly effects me...this may seem minor and some would say that death is normal...so would I, except that in kids parks...people feel free to be selfish and do this even though kids are there...

I spit on radical leftists...the literally disgust me.

The far right is horrible in its own way...but we are not talking about them. There are other examples and to any that dismisses concerns over my family...you simply support insensitivity and hate...the whole platform of the Left.

Not sure how well I explained that since I am typing freaking fast and have to go...

Back
Top Bottom