• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats have had since 1964 (56 years) to solve blacks problems. Why believe them now?

What Slaves knew is that they were owned. What would they tolerate? Give me a break.

As for the master allowing his name to be used....it simply made things easy. The slave was not just Cassius Marseilles. He was Cassius Marseilles Clay, owned by Mr Clay.

What is your point. I fail to discern one in your post #49.

Since you attempted to destroy my post, let me say this about Cassius Clay.

I played cards with 3 more Army guys sitting across the train aisle was Cassius and his brother and the brothers wife. One of the men under my command of the train explained to me who it was sitting virtually next to me. Clay added one of my army guys to play cards with them.

Black people vote Democrat for a reason.

They are not stupid

And their live have done nothing but get worse. Many Blacks leading the way in the Blexit and Walk Away say Blacks were dumb but are now opening their eyes.

I would argue for slaves that they did not believe whites were racists.

How can this be given they were slaves?

First look at the last names taken by blacks. What master would allow the family name be used were the master racist?

What slave would tolerate the using of the masters family name were the master racist?

Abe Lincoln is proven over and over to have been extremely racist. So what about the emancipation proclamation? Were he serious, he would have freed slaves in rebel lands and in union lands. Those slaves in union lands remained slaves until the constitution was amended.

I advise all readers to definitely read one book by Donald called Lincoln.

View attachment 67291576

How could black slaves believe that whites were racists, when they worked in the same cotton fields with white slaves who were brought over from Scandinavia in chains, or when white masters made sweet love to them so often? And naturally, as families were separated and sold off in the centuries after 1619, they lost track of their family names, were known only by their first names (look at some of the “slave for sale” ads- no last names mentioned) so of course had to depend on the good will of white people to loan them their names, especially since they generously fathered so many.

What is your point? Are not views not relevant or true because he is black man?

Lincoln was a racist and he said as much during the Lincoln Douglass debates. Does this mean that you will now reconsider your views and approve of Lincoln?

My argument vs Abe Lincoln is rooted in one thing only. Voters and voters rights.

The states that seceded did not just toss in the towel on the Union. They asked for public votes in the states that left as well as some that rejected leaving.

Votes of the public on state matters are vitally important to me and I submit to virtually all voters in America.

So when they seceded, it was an act based on a pure vote.

I argue that abe invaded when other means were an option to him. And due to his invasion, more than 630,000 lives were cost. A civil holocaust in other words.

How could black slaves believe that whites were racists, when they worked in the same cotton fields with white slaves who were brought over from Scandinavia in chains, or when white masters made sweet love to them so often? And naturally, as families were separated and sold off in the centuries after 1619, they lost track of their family names, were known only by their first names (look at some of the “slave for sale” ads- no last names mentioned) so of course had to depend on the good will of white people to loan them their names, especially since they generously fathered so many.

I am sorry you said that on this forum.

Trump of all presidents has truly busted his ass solving blacks problems. They need to learn his history.

Yes, blacks loved it when Trump tweeted outrageously false info documenting that they were responsible for 80% of homicides of whites. Obviously an act of love and respect. And let’s not forget his “****hole countries” remarks, praising African immigrants among others.

Yes, blacks loved it when Trump tweeted outrageously false info documenting that they were responsible for 80% of homicides of whites. Obviously an act of love and respect. And let’s not forget his “****hole countries” remarks, praising African immigrants among others.

Give us your number of whites murdered by blacks. So only "such hole" countries are located in Africa?

Trump has met with many blacks and those meeting him love him.

Give us your number of whites murdered by blacks. So only "such hole" countries are located in Africa?

Holy cow this is racist

My argument vs Abe Lincoln is rooted in one thing only. Voters and voters rights.

The states that seceded did not just toss in the towel on the Union. They asked for public votes in the states that left as well as some that rejected leaving.

Votes of the public on state matters are vitally important to me and I submit to virtually all voters in America.

So when they seceded, it was an act based on a pure vote.

I argue that abe invaded when other means were an option to him. And due to his invasion, more than 630,000 lives were cost. A civil holocaust in other words.

There was no right to leave the union spelled out in the US Constitution and their loss in the civil war is proof. Lincoln should have executed all of the members of the CSA government and the military high officers for treason after Appomattox.

I would argue for slaves that they did not believe whites were racists.

How can this be given they were slaves?

First look at the last names taken by blacks. What master would allow the family name be used were the master racist?

What slave would tolerate the using of the masters family name were the master racist?

Abe Lincoln is proven over and over to have been extremely racist. So what about the emancipation proclamation? Were he serious, he would have freed slaves in rebel lands and in union lands. Those slaves in union lands remained slaves until the constitution was amended.

I advise all readers to definitely read one book by Donald called Lincoln.

View attachment 67291576

How could a person possibly own slaves and not be racist? The fact that they were not treated as equals to whites because of the skin color or ancestry is very racist.

There were given that name because they were his property and not some term of endearment or respect.

Where do you get these outlandishly racist talking points from?

Last edited:
There was no right to leave the union spelled out in the US Constitution and their loss in the civil war is proof. Lincoln should have executed all of the members of the CSA government and the military high officers for treason after Appomattox.

You may be right about that. I know both Grant and Lincoln feared the rebel army just taking to the hills forcing the Union to hunt them down. Then where and when do you stop the hangings for treason? Do you stop at the leaders of the CSA? Do you stop at majors and above?

Slavery here was so pervasive that it essentially destroyed both White and Black culture and I remain somewhat unconvinced that you could have hung enough people for Treason to have changed any of that. Black culture was utterly destroyed in the holocaust that was living as chattel. It took another 100 years for American Blacks to even begin to look for themselves, never mind find themselves. Do we think it was some accident that many black families had difficulty staying together during the Jim Crow era and beyond. They had grown used to having their families blown apart because of chattel slavery. You don't just declare people free and resolve any of that and the fact is, we didn't even try.

White Americans, primarily WASP's launched themselves into the victimization narrative that still lives with us today.

I am not convinced that Reconstruction would have gone better because Andrew Johnson was a card carrying idiot drunkard and Johnson was the poison that basically made the demise of Reconstruction possible if not downright inevitable. The assassination of Lincoln was truly tragic on that score alone. That bred the "Lost Cause" perspective of the South and if we ever had a shot at pulling off a true repentance for our original sin, it was gone at the very moment the Lost Cause mystic was created.

Trump tweeted a table from from a non-existent organization, the “Crime Statistics Bureau” of San Francisco. You can find the chart easily. It was rated a “Pants on Fire” lie. The real stat is 15%, from the FBI, I believe. We overwhelmingly tend to kill within our own groups. And I assume that by ****hole countries Trump probably meant Latin American and Asian countries as well. He didn’t elaborate on his insult.

I imagine there are some blacks that love Trump. I imagine that there are some Mexicans and Muslims who do as well. Probably some women didn’t mind his demeaning words. And no doubt there are some suburban housewives who don’t want Kamala Harris living next door. But I presume many more informed of his statements are put off.

The question I have for you is what do you think motivates Trump to say such things? I presume he believes he gains by suggesting enemies for his followers to be afraid of or resent, painting himself as sort of a savior from such evildoers. Your thoughts?

Trump tweeted a table from from a non-existent organization, the “Crime Statistics Bureau” of San Francisco. You can find the chart easily. It was rated a “Pants on Fire” lie. The real stat is 15%, from the FBI, I believe. We overwhelmingly tend to kill within our own groups. And I assume that by ****hole countries Trump probably meant Latin American and Asian countries as well. He didn’t elaborate on his insult.

I imagine there are some blacks that love Trump. I imagine that there are some Mexicans and Muslims who do as well. Probably some women didn’t mind his demeaning words. And no doubt there are some suburban housewives who don’t want Kamala Harris living next door. But I presume many more informed of his statements are put off.

The question I have for you is what do you think motivates Trump to say such things? I presume he believes he gains by suggesting enemies for his followers to be afraid of or resent, painting himself as sort of a savior from such evildoers. Your thoughts?

Would you please open a new thread for us to discuss that. This topic here is that Democrats have had 56 years to solve blacks problems yet blacks inform us they still have those problems. Trump as president only has authority to do just so much and he should be blessed for all he does for blacks.

Would you please open a new thread for us to discuss that. This topic here is that Democrats have had 56 years to solve blacks problems yet blacks inform us they still have those problems. Trump as president only has authority to do just so much and he should be blessed for all he does for blacks.

Highest unemployment in my lifetime.

Is that what he did? Lol

I was just out of the Army, home from Germany when the Civil Rights law (passed only due to republican efforts in the form of Everett Dirksen who broke the logjam of the democrats and recall it happening at the time.

So let's get real on this issue. Democrats talk talk talk but in the past 56 years have not come close to resolving blacks issues. The following is a discussion between two blacks. I urge you watch their discussion.

Trump and the republicans have busted hump to help blacks. A good many blacks are seriously appreciative and I expect blacks to elect Trump this time.

Trump and Republicans have not helped anyone but themselves and their wealthy donors for decades. They do not care about the average American black or white. That has been the truth about Republicans at least since Reagan. The middle class can attest to that.

On Thursday, House Republicans issued a fact sheet about their new tax cut plan that referred to Americans earning $450,000 a year as "low- and middle-income"—even though that income level would put those taxpayers in the top 0.5 percent of all individual Americans.

The median household income in the United States is $59,039, after all.

The GOP made the announcement as part of the rollout of the tax cut plan, saying they would cut tax rates from 39.6 percent to 35 percent for those $450,000-earning middle-class members—but the announcement was quickly overshadowed by the Republicans' bizarre understanding of wealth.

Republican House Members Think a $450K Salary Is Middle Class

18fb6278-8368-4c72-b8ed-dadead95b5ab.png

Last edited:

Sorry, was just responding to unjustifiable praise of Trump’s record. Economy improves for everyone, so he did a lot for Asians, whites, etc., assuming he is responsible for its improvement.

You may be right about that. I know both Grant and Lincoln feared the rebel army just taking to the hills forcing the Union to hunt them down. Then where and when do you stop the hangings for treason? Do you stop at the leaders of the CSA? Do you stop at majors and above?

Slavery here was so pervasive that it essentially destroyed both White and Black culture and I remain somewhat unconvinced that you could have hung enough people for Treason to have changed any of that. Black culture was utterly destroyed in the holocaust that was living as chattel. It took another 100 years for American Blacks to even begin to look for themselves, never mind find themselves. Do we think it was some accident that many black families had difficulty staying together during the Jim Crow era and beyond. They had grown used to having their families blown apart because of chattel slavery. You don't just declare people free and resolve any of that and the fact is, we didn't even try.

White Americans, primarily WASP's launched themselves into the victimization narrative that still lives with us today.

I am not convinced that Reconstruction would have gone better because Andrew Johnson was a card carrying idiot drunkard and Johnson was the poison that basically made the demise of Reconstruction possible if not downright inevitable. The assassination of Lincoln was truly tragic on that score alone. That bred the "Lost Cause" perspective of the South and if we ever had a shot at pulling off a true repentance for our original sin, it was gone at the very moment the Lost Cause mystic was created.

What has any of that had to do with the failure of Democrats over the past 56 years to materially improve conditions for Blacks. And BLM has riots over it even now.

Sorry, was just responding to unjustifiable praise of Trump’s record. Economy improves for everyone, so he did a lot for Asians, whites, etc., assuming he is responsible for its improvement.

Many many blacks praise Trump. I do not share their problems but felt pointing that out is worth doing. This is why blacks never get ahead. Trump moves us forward and Democrats shove us right back.

What has any of that had to do with the failure of Democrats over the past 56 years to materially improve conditions for Blacks. And BLM has riots over it even now.

We currently have the highest black unemployment in my lifetime

And there it is...,most of the problem with the NEW RGHT and Trumpets exemplified...They simply deny history, deny science while wallowing in Qanon nonsense. Congratulations...you are a glowing example of the Trump cult.

My post had everything to do with the post I had quote boxed and replied to. Not that I care what you think about it. It clearly went straight over your head.

Trump and Republicans have not helped anyone but themselves and their wealthy donors for decades. They do not care about the average American black or white. That has been the truth about Republicans at least since Reagan. The middle class can attest to that.

Republican House Members Think a $450K Salary Is Middle Class

18fb6278-8368-4c72-b8ed-dadead95b5ab.png

What has that to do with what Democrats fail to do over the past 56 years? Trump moves forward for blacks yet gets called liar by, well by Democrats and they fight him saying the blacks favoring Trump must be lying or deluded.

Back
Top Bottom