• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrats have had since 1964 (56 years) to solve blacks problems. Why believe them now?

View attachment 67291568

How is it ALL on Democrats, unlike now, there was a Republican Party back then. Maybe if the gop would have got the hell out of the way the Democrats might have been more successful. In spite of the gop a lot has been accomplished.

Now that trump has ****ed everything up it really is time to:

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Lets vote out the trumplicans November 3rd flush the turd(s)

It's like with Obamacare. The GOP smears grease all over the firepole and then points to say, "See, they can't climb."

So the OP assumes that Republicans have no role in resolving structural societal problems encountered by black and other ethnic minority citizens. How revealing.

Trump played a magnificent role on behalf of blacks.

So the OP assumes that Republicans have no role in resolving structural societal problems encountered by black and other ethnic minority citizens. How revealing.

Why should the republican have a role in fixing the problem when they deny that there is a problem with racism because they dont think it is racist to treat others as less than to equal to WASP heterosexual males? We're all supposed to happily say "Yes Master" as they step on us and deny us equality in all forms of government and society.

F' that idea.

Fact: More Democrats voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 than Republicans, and a Democrat President signed it into law.

Democrats fought to s top the law. But as to numbers, there were far more democrats in the congress than republicans. But (R)Everett Dirksen took command and the law was finally passed.

Why should the republican have a role in fixing the problem when they deny that there is a problem with racism because they dont think it is racist to treat others as less than to equal to WASP heterosexual males? We're all supposed to happily say "Yes Master" as they step on us and deny us equality in all forms of government and society.

F' that idea.

Black people know better. They vote Democrat.

They are not stupid

I'm definitely not a Lincoln historian, but that seems to be a fair assessment considering my current level of knowledge.

Bennett argued that Lincoln “shared the racial prejudices of most of his white contemporaries.” He resolutely opposed black suffrage and other expressions of racial equality and freed few if any slaves with his famous proclamation. Far from being a symbol of racial harmony or enlightened white leadership, Bennett concluded, Lincoln embodied the nation’s “racist tradition.”

Was Abraham Lincoln a Racist? - Los Angeles Times

Lincoln was far too polite with the CSA, but he was also racist because while he opposed slavery he didn't think that blacks could be educated to be productive people and that they ere not equal to whites.

Lincoln simply realized the threat that Slavery represented to the future growth of the country and decided the time to deal with it was then. Later was not good enough and never would have been a total cluster.

But on the other hand, the idea that Blacks were not even actually on the same step as Whites just on a human level was still quite prevalent. Lincoln was NOT there. You cannot force feed enlightenment and I for one am not going to start pulling down the Lincoln memorial. Blacks were human enough to be attractive to whites and got raped repeatedly.

Go ahead and in your own heads juxtaposition that, not human but attractive enough to a human to be raped. Warn me when your head is about to explode so I can get outta' the way.

F' that idea.

Trump and republicans are widely and thoughtfully appreciated for working hard for blacks.

If they fix em, they cannot run on em next election. It was never about fixing issues, it was about building a voting block.

I was just out of the Army, home from Germany when the Civil Rights law (passed only due to republican efforts in the form of Everett Dirksen who broke the logjam of the democrats and recall it happening at the time.

So let's get real on this issue. Democrats talk talk talk but in the past 56 years have not come close to resolving blacks issues. The following is a discussion between two blacks. I urge you watch their discussion.

Trump and the republicans have busted hump to help blacks. A good many blacks are seriously appreciative and I expect blacks to elect Trump this time.

Kennedy, a democrat was the first president to champion civil rights. He was also good friends with MLKjr.

With MLKjr. by his side, Lyndon B. Johnson, a Democrat and one of few southerners to champion civil rights, signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 into law. LBJ was also the first president to have blacks in his administration and the first to appoint black judges. When LBJ was the majority leader in the Senate, he passed the Civil Rights Acts of 1957 and 1960; the first civil rights bills passed by the U.S. Congress since the Reconstruction Era.

CIVILRIGHTS.ShowImage.jpg

Lyndon B. Johnson - Wikipedia

Great Society - Wikipedia

Looks like Robert left the Democrat party right when it became the party of Civil Rights.

I was just out of the Army, home from Germany when the Civil Rights law (passed only due to republican efforts in the form of Everett Dirksen who broke the logjam of the democrats and recall it happening at the time.

So let's get real on this issue. Democrats talk talk talk but in the past 56 years have not come close to resolving blacks issues. The following is a discussion between two blacks. I urge you watch their discussion.

Trump and the republicans have busted hump to help blacks. A good many blacks are seriously appreciative and I expect blacks to elect Trump this time.

Trying to lie to us is one thing, to yourself is another a matter. Trump and Republicans have gone a long way in ensuring minorities stay largely Democratic supporters.

Republicans didn't solve those problems either.

Link above used.

Most recently, in David Donald’s masterful biography “Lincoln,” he emerged as an indecisive leader with few firm convictions, a man constantly buffeted by events, rather reminiscent of Bill Clinton. Rarely, however, has a scholar launched the full-scale assault on Lincoln’s reputation that Lerone Bennett offers in “Forced Into Glory.”

Although not an academic historian--he has long worked as an editor at Ebony magazine--Bennett produced three pioneering and important works of African American history in the 1960s. “Before the Mayflower” surveyed the black experience in America from the first appearance of slaves in colonial Virginia, “Black Power USA” challenged prevailing interpretations of Reconstruction by stressing how blacks achieved significant political power after the Civil War and “Pioneers in Protest” offered portraits of key leaders in black history. Popular history at its best, these books brought the fruits of scholarly research to a broad audience at a time when the civil rights revolution had created tremendous interest in America’s black past.

But it was his brief article, “Was Abe Lincoln a White Supremacist?” which appeared in Ebony in 1968, that put Bennett on the radar screen of academic history. Seeking to dismantle the “mythology of the Great Emancipator,” Bennett argued that Lincoln “shared the racial prejudices of most of his white contemporaries.” He resolutely opposed black suffrage and other expressions of racial equality and freed few if any slaves with his famous proclamation. Far from being a symbol of racial harmony or enlightened white leadership, Bennett concluded, Lincoln embodied the nation’s “racist tradition.”

Yes!

Many thoughtful Americans of African ancestry realize how lucky they are to live in this country in 2020.

Since the 1960s, Euro Americans have done everything possible to open opportunities for all minority ethnicities.

It is the height of ingratitude to deny this fact.

Sadly, however, the Dems CAN count on the African American vote to put them over the top on November 3.

Seems like African-Americans know what they are doing. Why does it make you sad?

Trump and republicans are widely and thoughtfully appreciated for working hard for blacks.

Republicans???? At one time......Some. Gotta' go back to Lincoln to find them. But even Bill Buckley, the father of modern conservatism, once the bedrock of the Republic Party was racist as hell and there are no longer even any Buckley Republicans left. What passes for Republicans now are all Right of Buckley if that can be believed.

As for Trumpets and their contribution to American Blacks???? I don't think I can take the opinion of a Pro Football player seriously whether he is black, green or purple. Football players with that sort of talent live their lives in a bubble (hey a pun!). They don't really know very much about anything with rare rare exception.

Given the devastation of COVID on the Black Community and Trump's endless effort to downplay and ignore COVID for what it is, I don't think he will be pulling "what have you got to lose" out of his asshole again this election. Then again, he might be just STUPID enough to try it.

Kennedy, a democrat was the first president to champion civil rights. He was also good friends with MLKjr.

Report to the American People on Civil Rights - Wikipedia.

Looks like Robert left the Democrat party right when it became the party of Civil Rights.​

Kennedy sure kept it a huge secret. I voted for him and it was in the mid 90s this claim first showed up.

So why did Kennedy not disclose this to we voters who voted for Kennedy?

I was loyal to 1980 when I bolted to the republicans. Best move I ever made.​

Link above used.

What is your point? Are not views not relevant or true because he is black man?

Lincoln was a racist and he said as much during the Lincoln Douglass debates. Does this mean that you will now reconsider your views and approve of Lincoln?

During his famous debates with Sen. Stephen Douglas, Lincoln explained to the crowd: “I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races … I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races from living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be a position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

Lincoln was no different than most white males, North and South, at the time. He was a white supremacist.

FACT CHECK: Did Abraham Lincoln Express Opposition to Racial Equality?

He did not supposed total black suffrage.

What he did believe was that, like all men, black men had the right to improve their condition in society and to enjoy the fruits of their labor. In this way they were equal to white men, and for this reason slavery was inherently unjust.

Like his views on emancipation, Lincoln’s position on social and political equality for African Americans would evolve over the course of his presidency. In the last speech of his life, delivered on April 11, 1865, he argued for limited black suffrage, saying that any black man who had served the Union during the Civil War should have the right to vote.

What Abraham Lincoln Thought About Slavery - HISTORY

Trump of all presidents has truly busted his ass solving blacks problems. They need to learn his history.

What problem of racism did Trump solve? The fact that black Americans benefited from the later effects of the Obama economy that lasted into the Trump administration is not a benefit that Trump can claim because it wasn't just black Americans that benefited.

Seems like African-Americans know what they are doing. Why does it make you sad?

They do know what they are doing. Moving back to their home, the republican party.

Last edited:
What is your point? Are not views not relevant or true because he is black man?

Lincoln was a racist and he said as much during the Lincoln Douglass debates. Does this mean that you will now reconsider your views and approve of Lincoln?

FACT CHECK: Did Abraham Lincoln Express Opposition to Racial Equality?

He did not supposed total black suffrage.

What Abraham Lincoln Thought About Slavery - HISTORY

What problem of racism did Trump solve? The fact that black Americans benefited from the later effects of the Obama economy that lasted into the Trump administration is not a benefit that Trump can claim because it wasn't just black Americans that benefited.

Still deluded Obama solved problems I see.

But in the video I presented you can learn from blacks what problems of blacks Trump solved. Watch them first then get back to me.

Trump of all presidents has truly busted his ass solving blacks problems. They need to learn his history.

Hahahaha

You're just trolling for votes for your favorite current Confederate politician.

How exactly did systemic racism in the US become a problem that must be solved by the democrats alone? Or you would rather than it not be addressed and just attack anyone who mentions that there is a problem with racism in the US, both in public policy and the society?

Racism in America didn't disappear after the blue and grey conference at Appomattox courthouse.

I would argue for slaves that they did not believe whites were racists.

How can this be given they were slaves?

First look at the last names taken by blacks. What master would allow the family name be used were the master racist?

What slave would tolerate the using of the masters family name were the master racist?

Abe Lincoln is proven over and over to have been extremely racist. So what about the emancipation proclamation? Were he serious, he would have freed slaves in rebel lands and in union lands. Those slaves in union lands remained slaves until the constitution was amended.

I advise all readers to definitely read one book by Donald called Lincoln.

Lincoln Donald.jpg

I would argue for slaves that they did not believe whites were racists.

View attachment 67291576

What Slaves knew is that they were owned. What would they tolerate? Give me a break.

As for the master allowing his name to be used....it simply made things easy. The slave was not just Cassius Marseilles. He was Cassius Marseilles Clay, owned by Mr Clay.

What is your point. I fail to discern one in your post #49.

Back
Top Bottom