• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrat Plans to Hand-out KKK Hoods to Republicans at Wisconsin GOP Convention....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Well.....where is the MS media's outrage? What we just suppose to focus on the LA Clippers owner, Right? Any reason the MS media isn't all over this Racially Motivated talk being thrown out there by this Democrat?

On Politics: Brett Hulsey plans to hand out KKK hoods at Republican convention

5362c30542a72.preview-300.jpg

Rep. Brett Hulsey tweeted this photo of a Ku Klux Klan-style hood he says he will hand out at the state Republican

Rep. Brett Hulsey, D-Madison, said Thursday he plans to hand out Ku Klux Klan hoods at the state Republican convention this weekend.

Hulsey, a Democratic gubernatorial candidate whose bizarre antics have been on display for years, called the hoods — which are generally regarded as a racist symbol akin to a Nazi swastika — "Republican Party hats."

Asked whether handing out the hoods would be viewed as offensive, Hulsey said, "What I find offensive is Gov. Walker and the Republicans' racist record. They’re the ones considering the resolution to leave the United States."

Democratic Party officials swiftly denounced Hulsey's idea.

"We take serious issue with the policies pursued by Republicans that disproportionately affect communities of color, but this type of behavior has no place in the public dialogue," Democratic Party Chairman Mike Tate said.

State GOP executive director Joe Fadness said: "If true, Brett Hulsey's actions amount to nothing more than a reprehensible, vile stunt and everyone should be outraged."

Hulsey, who posted on Twitter a photograph of the kind of hood he plans to distribute, said he takes issue with Republicans discontinuing record-keeping on racial profiling by police agencies, scaling back the income eligibility limits for Medicaid and making changes to voting policies that critics say could suppress minority turnout....snip~

Read more: On Politics: Brett Hulsey plans to hand out KKK hoods at Republican convention : Wsj

He did show up at the GOP Convention wearing a Southern Civil War Uniform.....but he didn't pass out the Hoods. So the Demos want to Start crashing conventions.....huh? What say ye?

Re: Democrat Plans to Hand-out KKK Hoods to Republicans at Wisconsin GOP Convention..

Here is what this Democrat looks like.....but I haven't found any pic of him dressing up in a Civil War Uniform. Even though that was reported. He is running for the Governorship too.

Brett-Hulsey-Wisconsin-Governor-Canditate-KKK-hood-e1398986945444.png

Re: Democrat Plans to Hand-out KKK Hoods to Republicans at Wisconsin GOP Convention..

Here is what this Democrat looks like.....but I haven't found any pic of him dressing up in a Civil War Uniform. Even though that was reported. He is running for the Governorship too.

Brett-Hulsey-Wisconsin-Governor-Canditate-KKK-hood-e1398986945444.png

That's a "Yuck, yuck, yuck. Daaaa, look what I made!" moment.

That's a "Yuck, yuck, yuck. Daaaa, look what I made!" moment.

Heya HB. :2wave: Well I figured since the MS media was Outraged at the Clippers owner.....that they might want to throw some of that outrage this way. They reported it.....but didn't want to make into a Big Deal. At least they helped BO out with the Clippers owner BS when they knew this news over Benghazi was coming out.....huh? Looks like they don't want to make a big deal out this.....using the excuse this guy always comes up with some weird stunt. But really they should be all over this just like they were with the Clippers. Non Stop coverage and Breaking news on the 8's with Radio?

Still.....what will they do now with people catching atheltes making Racists comments and then being caught on Cell Phone and video. Do you think the MS Media will take credit for all those Athletes that only have a D grade education for losing their careers. Just think how many will be driven out of sports over Racists comments.

Ahhhh the long awaited CON attempt to politicize a racist EVERYONE in ALL niches of the political spectrum condemns into any and every kook out there is, or should be, the equiv with the same reaction. :roll:

The Democrats were extremely quick to denounce this buffoon.

Unlike Sterling (who didn't want a media circus) Hulsey CRAVES free publicity in his extreme long shot try for governor. I'd say making anything at all of a media hound's desperate attempt for attention is what we should NOT do.

I know it breaks some CON's little hearts but ignoring a politician such as Hulsey, is the best course of action.

I found an article that states his little stunt over the KKK hoods was condemned by Republicans and Democrats which is probably why he didn't show up with the hoods.

Brett Hulsey drops plan to distribute Klan hoods : Wsj

I found an article that states his little stunt over the KKK hoods was condemned by Republicans and Democrats which is probably why he didn't show up with the hoods.

Brett Hulsey drops plan to distribute Klan hoods : Wsj

Yeah Vesper.....they said he did show up in a Southern Civil War Uniform. Despite the Demos and Repubs condemning his actions. Still.....where are the Pics of him in this Uniform?

Brett Hulsey KKK stunt goes viral.....

In pursuit of earned media, provocation appears to be Hulsey’s preferred currency.

The sophomore legislator’s plan to dress up as a confederate soldier and hand out Ku Klux Klan hoods outside of the Wisconsin Republican Convention in Milwaukee this weekend has already garnered national headlines. Cable news outlets are covering the story, and papers across the country are running with the AP article written about Hulsey’s way of drawing attention to what he calls, “Gov. Walker and the Republicans’ racist record.”

Hulsey said the stunt was intended to shine light on a resolution supported by a number of fringe members of the party to support Wisconsin’s right to secede from the union, as well as a number of GOP policies that he says are aimed at weakening minority communities. Those include initiatives to require photo ID for voters and the GOP-controlled legislature rolling back a policy aimed at reducing racial profiling that required police departments to document the race of drivers stopped on the road.

“The corporate media didn’t really pay any attention but I think I have their attention now,” he said on Friday afternoon, shortly before heading off to the convention. “I’ve made clear I’m using racist as an adjective, not a noun. I’m talking about the bills they signed, not them as people.

Democrats have responded with unequivocal denunciations of Hulsey’s stunt. A spokesman for Mary Burke, Hulsey’s opponent in the Democratic primary for governor, called it “completely unacceptable and completely inappropriate.” The chair of the state Democratic Party, Mike Tate, said “this type of behavior has no place in the public dialogue.

In 2009, Tate himself compared tea party activists to "red-baiting McCarthyites, the Know-Nothings and the KKK," and former Milwaukee County Board Chair Lee Holloway once likened Scott Walker to former Klan leader David Duke.

Scot Ross, a former spokesman for Kathleen Falk, now runs One Wisconsin Now, a liberal group, which has made a number of provocative statements accusing the GOP of racism. On Twitter, Ross or his organization has referred to Media Trackers, a conservative website that digs up dirt on Democrats, as “Media TracKKKers,” invoking the Klan.

And Ross' group has called Rep. Don Pridemore, R-Hartland, a prominent supporter of an Arizona-style policy to crack down on illegal immigration, “Don WhitePridemore.”.....snip~

Read more: Brett Hulsey KKK stunt goes viral : Ct

Some cocky Lil Demos huh.....question is can they do anything but just talk the talk. Their usual! :lol:

Last edited:

Heya HB. :2wave: Well I figured since the MS media was Outraged at the Clippers owner.....that they might want to throw some of that outrage this way. They reported it.....but didn't want to make into a Big Deal. At least they helped BO out with the Clippers owner BS when they knew this news over Benghazi was coming out.....huh? Looks like they don't want to make a big deal out this.....using the excuse this guy always comes up with some weird stunt. But really they should be all over this just like they were with the Clippers. Non Stop coverage and Breaking news on the 8's with Radio?

Still.....what will they do now with people catching atheltes making Racists comments and then being caught on Cell Phone and video. Do you think the MS Media will take credit for all those Athletes that only have a D grade education for losing their careers. Just think how many will be driven out of sports over Racists comments.

It's pretty funny, I think. When the politically correct drift into the real world, they're shocked at what is said. It's just precious - sensitivities all tossed about as real people live real lives, and terms and associations are laid bare. Harry Reid felt obligated to comment on the "racism" in the NFL. Anything to change the subject and express fake outrage. Just wait until the athletes are taken to task. Should be funny to watch, and the polarization that results will be very interesting. Of course, that's the left's specialty - polarization. May not work out exactly the way they think.

Yeah Vesper.....they said he did show up in a Southern Civil War Uniform. Despite the Demos and Repubs condemning his actions.

Read more: Brett Hulsey KKK stunt goes viral : Ct

Some cocky Lil Demos huh.....question is can they do anything but just talk the talk. Their usual! :lol:

Yes he did show up in the Confederate uniform. I have no doubt there are some Democrats that would have loved to see Husley pass out the hoods. After all a good number of them think Republicans are racists because of the frequent use of the race card in that tired deck the Democrats keep dealing from but as the article I posted above stated there are Democrats who also condemned him for his planned actions.

Yes he did show up in the Confederate uniform. I have no doubt there are some Democrats that would have loved to see Husley pass out the hoods. After all a good number of them think Republicans are racists because of the frequent use of the race card in that tired deck the Democrats keep dealing from but as the article I posted above stated there are Democrats who also condemned him for his planned actions.

NBC is on now talking about the Clippers and Sterling......wonder why they wont show this guy in that Uniform.

Democratic Party officials swiftly denounced Hulsey's idea.

If Hulsey were a republican, they republicans would all be explaining how he wasn't a racist

Well.....where is the MS media's outrage? What we just suppose to focus on the LA Clippers owner, Right? Any reason the MS media isn't all over this Racially Motivated talk being thrown out there by this Democrat?

Must be that the media takes an NBA owner more seriously than a random state-level legislator, and rightly so. That's about where we as a nation rank state-level Republican nutjobs in this or that state legislature, and also where we rank the random racist bad apples in the Tea Party movement basket.

Hulsey, a Democratic gubernatorial candidate whose bizarre antics have been on display for years

So in other words, the majority of a small portion of Wisconsin voted this guy in, he's known for this kind of stupid bull****, and the nation is supposed to care? Really?

which are generally regarded as a racist symbol akin to a Nazi swastika — "Republican Party hats."

They are? Really? I sincerely disagree. The KKK didn't systematically rob, beat, displace and murder millions of innocents. They didn't blaze a trail of destruction across Europe.

Must be that the media takes an NBA owner more seriously than a random state-level legislator, and rightly so. That's about where we as a nation rank state-level Republican nutjobs in this or that state legislature, and also where we rank the random racist bad apples in the Tea Party movement basket.

So in other words, the majority of a small portion of Wisconsin voted this guy in, he's known for this kind of stupid bull****, and the nation is supposed to care? Really?

They are? Really? I sincerely disagree. The KKK didn't systematically rob, beat, displace and murder millions of innocents. They didn't blaze a trail of destruction across Europe.

Yep, looks like they did vote him in.....wonder if ever visits the Dems in Chicago and how much he is in touch with AL Sharptones.
thinking.gif

Well that was their description not mine.....I guess he has reported to the Police that people are harassing him and that he has got some death threats. One would think since he is such a character. He would have figured out how some of that all plays out.....Right?

Yep, looks like they did vote him in.....wonder if ever visits the Dems in Chicago and how much he is in touch with AL Sharptones.
thinking.gif

I don't do a whole lot of wondering about what assclowns do.

I don't do a whole lot of wondering about what assclowns do.

Sun Tzu.....know thy enemy well.

Even if they are fools. <<<<< MMC!
f_zen.gif

You really should reserve that kind of attention for worthy enemies.

Even a fool.....can tempt the Fates my brutha. ;)

NBC is on now talking about the Clippers and Sterling......wonder why they wont show this guy in that Uniform.
Oh maybe for the same reasons they refused to vet Obama prior to his first election. Maybe the same reason they have barely covered Benghazi, IRS, The Justice Department performing a massive cull of Associated Press reporters' phone records as part of a leak investigation, Fast and Furious, etc. etc. etc. ......But damn let a Republican fart sideways caught in an affair or drug use and it is non-stop coverage 24/7. Or let a registered Republican ...Sterling have spoken racist remarks in private and that automatically trumps a Democrat acting like an ass in public.

Last edited:

The KKK was formed as a Democratic party led terror group to intimidate and sometimes kill Republicans and blacks.

A Democrat handing out KKK hoods to Republicans is akin to a German passing out yellow star of David patches to Jews.

Ah Wisconsin, constantly striving to show Florida isn't the only crazy state.

Back
Top Bottom