• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Democrat John Fetterman defeats Dr. Mehmet Oz, flips Pennsylvania Senate seat

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/john-fetterman-defeats-dr-mehmet-oz-pennsylvania-senate-race

Democratic Lieutenant Governor John Fetterman will defeat the Republican and former daytime TV host Mehmet Oz in the Pennsylvania Senate race, Fox News' Decision Desk projects.

Absolutely shocking.

In a good way.

Philly news this morning said exit poll answers as to why Oz wasn't a success had to do with the fact that he wasn't truly a Pennsylvania resident. (well duh)
Good thing Trump didn't support McCormick. :ROFLMAO:

Happy Wednesday.

Making it better is the fact that Mastriano got defeated as well.

Pennsyltucky ain't so happy today.

There was no good option between those two.

Good news is that Doctor Oz can head back to his home state and give up the charade that’s he lives in PA.
He should move to Georgia.

If people in that state will re-elect Marjorie Taylor Greene, and possibly elect Hershal Walker, then Oz would surely have a good chance of winning something.

I am so pleased with this one. I really like Fetterman and was very worried that his word retrieval issues would bring him down, especially with the way Fox was portraying it and giving Oz millions of dollars in basically free advertising. Fetterman will recover most if not all of his word processing functions and will serve PA well.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/john-fetterman-defeats-dr-mehmet-oz-pennsylvania-senate-race
Absolutely shocking.
In a good way.
Philly news this morning said exit poll answers as to why Oz wasn't a success had to do with the fact that he wasn't truly a Pennsylvania resident. (well duh)

Happy Wednesday.
This Pennsyltuckian is very happy this morning! ;)

I am so pleased with this one. I really like Fetterman and was very worried that his word retrieval issues would bring him down, especially with the way Fox was portraying it and giving Oz millions of dollars in basically free advertising. Fetterman will recover most if not all of his word processing functions and will serve PA well.
PA voters tend to not fall for extremes or celebrities.

Absolutely shocking.

In a good way.

Happy Wednesday.

STOP THE COUNT

What Pennsylvania managed to do was elect a Senator who can't possibly promote their interests. I am no fan of Oz and would have rather seen McCormick run, but this simply shows how polarized politics has become.

People are voting party line even when the guy on one side is incapable of performing the most basic duties of the job. Being from PA the one thing I kept hearing from my hard D friends was that they are hoping Fetterman immediately steps down so someone more capable can be appointed into the seat by Shapiro.

Shapiro on the other hand was a lock, Mastriano was alienating and polarizing, a lot of ticket splitting there.

What Pennsylvania managed to do was elect a Senator who can't possibly promote their interests. I am no fan of Oz and would have rather seen McCormick run, but this simply shows how polarized politics has become.

People are voting party line even when the guy on one side is incapable of performing the most basic duties of the job. Being from PA the one thing I kept hearing from my hard D friends was that they are hoping Fetterman immediately steps down so someone more capable can be appointed into the seat by Shapiro.

Shapiro on the other hand was a lock, Mastriano was alienating and polarizing, a lot of ticket splitting there.

Fetterman's issues with word processing are improving daily and I except he will recover fully or close to fully over the next few months. My niece had the same problem and other than occasional stopping to think of a word she is fine. This issue is not cognitive.

I think Fetterman should have dropped when he had the stroke and Conner Lamb would have won my 10 points or more, but what this really shows is how terrible of a candidate that Oz was.

Fetterman's issues with word processing are improving daily and I except he will recover fully or close to fully over the next few months. My niece had the same problem and other than occasional stopping to think of a word she is fine. This issue is not cognitive.

This is an incredibly uneducated view of ischemiac stroke issues. He didn't have a minor stroke, he had a major stroke, the damage is permanent. Neural plasticity at his age is effectively nil. Go talk to a neurologist or a neurosurgeon on this topic and let me know. The guy fried a major portion of his brain, there will be some relearning and retraining, but a significant portion of the impairment isn't going away.

Even before the stroke the guy was a joke of an individual. Never had a job. No show Lt. Governor gig. Oh, but he ran a dead-end town of 2000 people that is continuing to spiral into the toilet.

Willful ignorance. Enjoy your day.

I'm not sure what you think I am ignorant about on the topic. I spend my time in the healthcare world and this topic has come up quite a bit since his disastrous debate performance.

I think Fetterman should have dropped when he had the stroke and Conner Lamb would have won my 10 points or more, but what this really shows is how terrible of a candidate that Oz was.

Agreed on both points. McCormick would have beaten Fetterman. Lamb would have done markedly better than Fetterman.

I'm not sure what you think I am ignorant about on the topic.
https://apnews.com/article/mehmet-o...iness-stroke-cd5e3188b74933566ba5a8f95b2c426f

Dr. Clifford Chen noted that Fetterman, the lieutenant governor, continues to endure effects of the stroke that involve speech and being able to respond quickly. But Chen said Fetterman exhibited no effects on his “cognitive ability” or his ability to think and reason after the stroke, which occurred just days before the primary election.
independent experts on strokes who were consulted by The Associated Press before Fetterman released Chen’s note said the candidate appears to be recovering remarkably well — and they are optimistic that he will continue to get even better.
Problems with auditory processing do not mean someone also has cognitive problems, the experts agreed. The brain’s language network is different from regions involved in decision making and critical thinking.
the candidate would be fine and able to serve in the Senate if he ate healthy foods, stuck with his medication and exercised. Chen’s letter said Fetterman was doing that, noting that he can walk 4 miles to 5 miles without difficulty.

But you know, his own doctors (as well as independent doctors)....what do they know? :rolleyes:

He can represent Pa. in this condition far better than Oz ever could.
Especially since Oz is NOT a Pennsylvanian.

Good news is that Doctor Oz can head back to his home state and give up the charade that’s he lives in PA.

He can save on tolls because he doesn’t need to bother crossing the bridges!

Back
Top Bottom