• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Defensive gun use thread

Michael, you are off topic again. The OP asked us to stay on topic. Why don't you go troll in my thread by yourself some more?

The irony of a documentary examining sex slavery is that they’ve the most tempting actress as their intro:

F787EDD0-EF27-46F1-8E03-87731D249C63.png

Michael, why don't you stay on topic per OPs request? Can you answer or will it be another off topic video?

Debate Politics Forums - Forum Rules

3. Baiting/Flaming/Trolling - To bait someone in a general sense is to make a comment with a purposeful intent to coerce some form of response from the individual. In some cases this device can be a useful tool of debate, eliciting responses to highlight a point or to reveal an underlying truth concerning someone’s argument. However, in other cases the intent of the bait is less focused on debating. “Flame-baiting” is making statements intended to cause an angry or emotional response/flame from the person. Another form of baiting is known as “derailing” or “thread-jacking.” This is the deliberate act of making statements with an aim of diverting the topic of a thread significantly from its main focus. These negative forms of baiting constitute a rules violation that can potentially lead to a suspension of posting privileges.

"Originally, ‘flame’ meant to carry forth in a passionate manner in the spirit of honorable debate. Flames most often involved the use of flowery language and flaming well was an art form. More recently ‘flame’ has come to refer to ‘any kind of derogatory comment no matter how witless or crude’" [Google]. In a forum with sensitive topics such as this, derogatory flaming is bound to happen. Common sense will prevail, yet this is not an invitation to flame. e.g. "You stupid *****ing moron," is completely unacceptable and could lead to a suspension of posting privileges.”

Trolling is a diversionary tactic of those who “deliberately exploit tendencies of human nature or of an online community to upset people” or those “who post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages” to disrupt normal on-topic discussions.’” [Wikipedia]. Ignorance, bias, and genuine dissent are not trolling, although at times they may appear similar due to the disingenuous nature of some trolls. Trolling is not allowed and can potentially lead to the suspension of posting privileges.

Personal attacks and playing mod are also considered violations of this rule.

More trash got taken out....

Nothing wrong with defending your home or business with a gun. Perfectly reasonable application of the right to bear arms.

I think the 2A crowd is fearful when they hear gun reform talk it means removing guns altogether. Nope: few voters want that and not many politicians seriously propose it.
Hello.

In your opinion, how much gun control is enough?

This is a perfect example. Armed robbers walk into a store, if no-one else has guns, they take some corporate property and leave. Dickhead with gun means an innocent person ends up getting shot because "good guy with a gun" feels corporate property rights are more important than peoples safety.
Not always. Great friend of mine got shot dead working at a convenience store, after he gave the robbers the cash. He complied and they killed him anyway.

I'll start off this thread with this recent feel-good story out of Houston, where a concerned concealed-carry citizen helped take out a bunch of garbage. More examples to follow. There are a whole bunch trust me. If any of my fellow 2A brethren want to post some examples of the 2A in action against some n'er-do-wells, please be my guest. All you antis.... please feel free to comment and give your take on the examples of defensive gun uses, BUT PLEASE do not hijack this thread with your own videos/stories of mass shootings and criminals murdering people. There is another thread called "today's shooting report" for those kinds of shootings. Thanks and enjoy!!!

Why do gun lovers never focus on criminal uses of guns ?

Another example of:
1. The kind of garbage humans cops deal with daily.
2. The reason that cops have to sometimes empty their magazine on said garbage.

"Sometimes" might be correct, "often" is sadly too frequent.
How many of those "often" times do you consider to be unjustified? I can send you SO many links to videos where officer-involved shootings are completely justified it will make your head spin. You should really check out the "Police Activity" YouTube channel....I think the advent of the police body-cam is the best thing ever. It really shows what cops in this country have to deal with. I don't know how long ago you left England , but criminals in the United States are a different breed sir. You have no idea....

How many of those "often" times do you consider to be unjustified? I can send you SO many links to videos where officer-involved shootings are completely justified it will make your head spin. You should really check out the "Police Activity" YouTube channel....I think the advent of the police body-cam is the best thing ever. It really shows what cops in this country have to deal with. I don't know how long ago you left England , but criminals in the United States are a different breed sir. You have no idea....

Why are US police so homicidal when the rest of the world's police forces are not ?

Why are US police so homicidal when the rest of the world's police forces are not ?

Amazing out of all those countries, you chose this one to live.

You say nothing about the homicidal nature of US police
And no, that is far from "amazing".

I would think that your belief the US police are the most homicidal in all the world, would have affected your decision to move here.

Back
Top Bottom