• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Defensive gun use thread

Maidenrules29

Death to all but METAL!!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I'll start off this thread with this recent feel-good story out of Houston, where a concerned concealed-carry citizen helped take out a bunch of garbage. More examples to follow. There are a whole bunch trust me. If any of my fellow 2A brethren want to post some examples of the 2A in action against some n'er-do-wells, please be my guest. All you antis.... please feel free to comment and give your take on the examples of defensive gun uses, BUT PLEASE do not hijack this thread with your own videos/stories of mass shootings and criminals murdering people. There is another thread called "today's shooting report" for those kinds of shootings. Thanks and enjoy!!!

The point that constantly gets ignored by the gun lobby when discussing gun control is that restrictions on gun owners are only there to stop the bad guys getting access to guns. Tighter prepurchase checks and requiring more security for stored weapons make getting hold of a gun for illegal purposes much harder. It works in every other comparable society. The question that leaves though is America so far down the rabbit hole of easy gun availability that having to carry one for self protection is now starting to become just a fact of life.

Nothing wrong with defending your home or business with a gun. Perfectly reasonable application of the right to bear arms.

I think the 2A crowd is fearful when they hear gun reform talk it means removing guns altogether. Nope: few voters want that and not many politicians seriously propose it.

This is a perfect example. Armed robbers walk into a store, if no-one else has guns, they take some corporate property and leave. Dickhead with gun means an innocent person ends up getting shot because "good guy with a gun" feels corporate property rights are more important than peoples safety.

Nothing wrong with defending your home or business with a gun. Perfectly reasonable application of the right to bear arms.

I think the 2A crowd is fearful when they hear gun reform talk it means removing guns altogether. Nope: few voters want that and not many politicians seriously propose it.
Yeah, besides being almost impossible to get rid of the second amendment by legal means anytime soon.
My biggest concern is the mass shooting club that’s grown up following the columbine shooting. Young men who feel they have nothing to lose, the worlds going to end anyway. For a lot of these dudes it’s become a game. They encourage each other, egg each other on, and compete with one another for status and cred. Second is the scared people watching RW media with no contact outside that bubble. I think if we could solve those two we’d go a long way to calming down the rhetoric on both sides.

I don’t really know where the OP was going but taking out the “trash” was ugly so I didn’t watch the video. I’m sure it was good for those that like that stuff.

The point that constantly gets ignored by the gun lobby when discussing gun control is that restrictions on gun owners are only there to stop the bad guys getting access to guns. Tighter prepurchase checks and requiring more security for stored weapons make getting hold of a gun for illegal purposes much harder. It works in every other comparable society. The question that leaves though is America so far down the rabbit hole of easy gun availability that having to carry one for self protection is now starting to become just a fact of life.

Not always true. For instance, the turkey hunters who had a perfectly legal shotgun to use on public land Sunday, and completely prohibited on Monday.

Good point, because that works so well for fentanyl.

Requiring enough security to make a gun significantly harder to steal is tantamount to banning guns for many people.

Yeah, besides being almost impossible to get rid of the second amendment by legal means anytime soon.
My biggest concern is the mass shooting club that’s grown up following the columbine shooting. Young men who feel they have nothing to lose, the worlds going to end anyway. For a lot of these dudes it’s become a game. They encourage each other, egg each other on, and compete with one another for status and cred. Second is the scared people watching RW media with no contact outside that bubble. I think if we could solve those two we’d go a long way to calming down the rhetoric on both sides.

I don’t really know where the OP was going but taking out the “trash” was ugly so I didn’t watch the video. I’m sure it was good for those that like that stuff.
The robbers were robbing the customers. That increases the threat they face by a significant amount.

It always was the only reason that people are able to enjoy a pretty safe society like we have because citizens are armed. If this was pretty common in every comparable society until really quite recently.

That isn't down the rabbit hole they just haven't lost their sense to the degree that other places have.

So it's release sort of the opposite of the reverse Nirvana fallacy we don't want to take everything but we want to eat away and eat away and take and take and take and take and take it till there's nothing left.

At this point we've given up enough if you don't have the control you want now you never going to have it and it should be denied. I think people are wising up to that.

".....post some examples of the 2A in action against some n'er-do-wells, please be my guest....."

This is a perfect example. Armed robbers walk into a store, if no-one else has guns, they take some corporate property and leave. Dickhead with gun means an innocent person ends up getting shot because "good guy with a gun" feels corporate property rights are more important than peoples safety.

OF COURSE....if you just kneel and be compliant...nothing bad would happen.......

Armed robbers in the past have decided to eliminate all witnesses after taking “corporate property”. They also tend to steal personal property from the people in the store.

Please provide the evidence that these criminals were not planning to shoot anybody and only take “corporate property”.

Once a criminal threatens me with deadly force, then deadly force is an appropriate response if I am able.

Luckily, that bystander will be ok. What you may be forgetting though is that sometimes armed robbers will kill people even after they comply. Plus, the more times these armed robbers get away with pulling off their crimes, the more emboldened they become to committ more heinous types.

Four home invaders. Two wounded. Three arrested. One on the run. Good shoot.

Ima throw in this defensive KNIFE usage story just for shits and giggles....score another one for the good guys, and we also have a Darwin award winner. Happy happy joy joy feelings!!!!!!

“Other than police and military nobody can keep lethal arms in Japan. Civilians cannot buy a handgun or a rifle, only air guns are allowed that too for a specific purpose.
For buying a gun a person must achieve 95 per cent accuracy at a shooting test, also clear a written test and go through a mental health assessment at a hospital.”
https://www.businesstoday.in/latest...r-nations-lessons-for-india-340875-2022-07-08

Japan is objectively more industrious than America. In contrast to European hegemonies Japan is even more conservative. America is not a competitor to how right wing Japan could be only if Japan resurrected nationalism. American gun rights advocates are mimicking the no-surrender policy of WW2 Japan. Maintaining gun rights in America in spite of mass shootings are no comparison to the perseverance of Japan after the nuking of Hiroshima. The fact that Japan has stringent gun control is a sign that individual work ethic isn’t tied to gun ownership. Japan was so blatantly evil in WW2 that they know not to trust rogue citizens with guns. By contrast Americans view their history too naively when slavery wasn’t just a bit evil but absolutely evil. American hate groups can easily access legal guns if background checks are optional. The irony of America is that hate groups like the Ku Klux Klang are too cohesive for them to risk undermining their free speech by committing mass shootings. By contrast Anders Breivick individually supported the nazis but wasn’t serious about legitimising the formation of legalised nazi groups when he committed the 2011 mass shooting in Norway.

"Just comply and you'll be OK!!!!

“Other than police and military nobody can keep lethal arms in Japan. Civilians cannot buy a handgun or a rifle, only air guns are allowed that too for a specific purpose.
For buying a gun a person must achieve 95 per cent accuracy at a shooting test, also clear a written test and go through a mental health assessment at a hospital.”
https://www.businesstoday.in/latest...r-nations-lessons-for-india-340875-2022-07-08

Japan is objectively more industrious than America. In contrast to European hegemonies Japan is even more conservative. America is not a competitor to how right wing Japan could be only if Japan resurrected nationalism. American gun rights advocates are mimicking the no-surrender policy of WW2 Japan. Maintaining gun rights in America in spite of mass shootings are no comparison to the perseverance of Japan after the nuking of Hiroshima. The fact that Japan has stringent gun control is a sign that individual work ethic isn’t tied to gun ownership. Japan was so blatantly evil in WW2 that they know not to trust rogue citizens with guns. By contrast Americans view their history too naively when slavery wasn’t just a bit evil but absolutely evil. American hate groups can easily access legal guns if background checks are optional. The irony of America is that hate groups like the Ku Klux Klang are too cohesive for them to risk undermining their free speech by committing mass shootings. By contrast Anders Breivick individually supported the nazis but wasn’t serious about legitimising the formation of legalised nazi groups when he committed the 2011 mass shooting in Norway.
Ok..........What is your point?

Ok..........What is your point?
He never has one. My thread on the under 21 ban on carry permits in MN going down in flames has become Michael just posting unrelated crap to himself.

Very definition of a troll.
In slang, a troll is a person who posts or makes inflammatory, insincere, digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages online (such as in social media, a newsgroup, a forum, a chat room, an online video game), or in real life, with the intent of provoking others into displaying emotional responses or manipulating others' perception, thus acting as a bully or a provocateur. The behavior is typically for the troll's amusement, or to achieve a specific result such as disrupting a rival's online activities or purposefully causing confusion or harm to other people.

He never has one. My thread on the under 21 ban on carry permits in MN going down in flames has become Michael just posting unrelated crap to himself.

Very definition of a troll.

I’m a Catholic and can infer by gun control in Catholic countries that the Vatican would support gun control even if they’re not vocal on gun control. Yet England and Scandinavia are Protestants and they all have gun control. The Protestant churches aren’t united with one another. Yet the international majority of Protestants favour gun control.

I’m a Catholic and can infer by gun control in Catholic countries that the Vatican would support gun control even if they’re not vocal on gun control. Yet England and Scandinavia are Protestants and they all have gun control. The Protestant churches aren’t united with one another. Yet the international majority of Protestants favour gun control.
Michael, you are off topic again. The OP asked us to stay on topic. Why don't you go troll in my thread by yourself some more?

Back
Top Bottom