• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Declassified Transcripts of Flynn-Kislyak Calls Released (1 Viewer)

I've skimmed though the transcripts, but will read in it's entirety later this evening.

Thus far, I don't see anything that would justify the FBI's interview, or anything that would raise suspicions that something nefarious was going on. Unless I see something damning later on, I'd have to say that Trey Gowdy was absolutely correct, that there's nothing suspicious in there at all.

And, yet, Flynn felt the need to lie--twice--to the FBI anyway. Apparently Flynn felt there was something to hide. But the reference to Gowdy is interesting. He is the premier expert in pointless and endless investigations that come up with bupkis.

That is the only thing relevant here... What Flynn said to his bosses is not an FBI issue no matter how much you wish that it was.

Counterintelligence is the FBI's business, and what Flynn did, by lying to the White House, was make himself susceptible to kompromat.

Absolute bull****... There was nothing going on

The FBI didn't know that.

But the FBI knew Flynn had lied, and that was very strange.

which is why the case was supposed to have been closed and NOTHING on those call transcripts justified reopening it, or justified interviewing Flynn.

They weren't going to interview Flynn until Flynn lied about it.

Why did Flynn lie about it?

Why do you continue to defend corruption?

I do not perceive the FBI to be corrupt.

I perceive Trump to be corrupt.

You defend Trump. Why do you defend corruption?

Irrelevant... What is said between the administration and it's appointees is not a criminal matter.

You're right. It wasn't a criminal matter. It was a counterintelligence matter.

And also a narcissistic little ***** that blamed Russia instead of growing a pair and telling Hillary to quit screwing over the Democrat party because of her own crappy status as a politician and human being.

He knew about it well before November, sounding a warning that the Russians were trying to interfere in the election would have been prudent before the election. Not getting into a snit fit because your side lost.

Don't be snotty about it.

By releasing every single attempt as it happens and going after they heavily with law enforcement. Second suggestion: attach heavy fines to the country of origin and start RICO prosecution to seize it.

With all due respect, why was Obama trying to create a crisis? Because the opposition would have to deal with it. All Flynn asked for was time until he could act.

:roll: I have lots of respect for their opinion, for scumbag politicians like Obama, I have none. He made the choice. Disinformation is not collateral damage, its more like a tell.

Irrelevant, it matters what Flynn DID say.

****ing horse****. Its against the Logan Act to map out foreign policy and then implement it once in office? Well then you better jail the **** out of Obama, he did a lot of that---Iraq ring any bells?

I have a theory this guy killed someone! Well you need more than a theory, you need probable cause. And they were ready to close the case BEFORE interviewing Flynn.

It matters that they broke due process, discovery, altered discovery materials....you know, civil rights.

Just not any Democrats....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Even the ****ing FBI stated that he didn't lie until they needed him to be lying for the Special Counsel investigation.

Obama Derangements Syndrome -- Category 5. Irreversible and untreatable.

Look, they are not trying to make people commit crimes. They are trying to solve crimes.

The FBI doesn't want Flynn or anybody else to lie to them when they are doing these interviews.

That is totally False!

That is exactly what the FBI wanted:

FBI_note.jpg

That was the purpose of that interview... To get Flynn to lie so they could prosecute him.

They created a crime where no crime existed.

It matters with respect to the notion Trump supporters keep falsely suggesting that Flynn was treated differently than others.

I have never said that... The issue is that the FBI was WRONG when they set up an interview with Flynn for the expressed purpose of finding something to prosecute him for.

Counterintelligence is the FBI's business, and what Flynn did, by lying to the White House, was make himself susceptible to kompromat.

JFC man... The FBI had the transcripts... There was nothing at all illegal or nefarious in those conversations and they knew that before the interview ever took place.

There was no justification for that interview PERIOD!

The FBI didn't know that.

But the FBI knew Flynn had lied, and that was very strange.

They weren't going to interview Flynn until Flynn lied about it.

Why did Flynn lie about it?

You defend Trump. Why do you defend corruption?[/QUOTE]

You're right. It wasn't a criminal matter. It was a counterintelligence matter.

The FBI has never made the excuses that you are making for them... Let them speak for themselves... Oh, that's right, they already have:

flynn_dismissDoc.jpg

FBI_note.jpg

What changed the trajectory of the investigation was Flynn's lie to Trump White House officials.

The act of Flynn lying too Trump White House Officials made the FBI suspicious and made the FBI examine the old evidence in light of the new evidence.

They did not violate Flynn's due process rights. That is a lie.

What ever you claim, we can safely assume the opposite is true.

Mueller's corrupt hacks set Flynn up and framed him.

And the ridiculous lie that Flynn was a foreign agent exposed as not only a hoax, but a huge abuse of power.

So now three Mueller prosecutors are under criminal investigation, and Flynn is proven innocent.

Declassified Flynn Transcripts Contradict Key Mueller Claims Against Flynn
Newly released declassified transcripts of call transcripts and summaries between Flynn and Kislyak contradict key claims made against Flynn by former Special Counsel Robert Mueller.
.....According to the charging documents from Mueller, Flynn allegedly falsely claimed to Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) agents that he did not ask Kislyak to “refrain from escalating” in response to U.S. expulsion of Russian diplomats and falsely claimed that he did not ask Kislyak to help defeat an anti-Israel resolution pending before the United Nations at the time. Mueller also claimed that Flynn lied when he said he didn’t remember Kislyak telling him that Russia would “moderate its response” to the expulsions.

The transcript of the December 29 conversation, which was cited by Mueller, does not include a request from Flynn that Russia “refrain from escalating” in response to U.S. expulsions of Russian diplomats. According to the transcript, Flynn asked Kislyak for Russia’s response to be “reciprocal” so that the U.S.–not Russia–would not be forced to escalate beyond the expulsions. The transcript makes clear that Flynn fully expected Russia to respond to the situation by expelling U.S. diplomats in response to the Obama administration’s move to expel nearly three dozen Russian diplomats from the U.S., and that his primary concern was preventing a situation where the U.S. would have to escalate tensions in response to Russia.

“Make it reciprocal,” Flynn reportedly said. “[D]on’t go any further than you have to. Because I don’t want us to get into something that has to escalate, on a, you know, on a tit for tat.”

....The transcripts show that while Kislyak obliquely raised the issue of financial sanctions against certain Russian intelligence officials, Flynn himself never discussed the financial sanctions against Russian individuals and entities levied by the Obama administration. Instead, Flynn focused on preventing U.S. “tit-for-tat” escalation following the Obama administration’s expulsion of Russian diplomats. Although Obama officials claimed via leaks to the press that Flynn, a decorated combat veteran and retired three-star Army general, was illegally operating as a secret Russian agent, the transcripts show that Flynn’s primary focus throughout his conversations with Kislyak was ensuring that Russia and the U.S. could work together to defeat Islamist terrorist and the growing influence of ISIS throughout the Middle East.

Obama officials never explained how working with international partners to defeat ISIS constituted a federal crime.
Declassified Flynn Transcripts Contradict Key Claims Made By Mueller

How many high FBI officials have been demoted or fired for cause?

How many former high FBI officials have been exposed as shameless liars?

How many former FBI officials are under criminal investigation?

Didn't a high FBI lawyer alter key evidence?

In contrast, how many crimes did the Mueller Report accuse Trump of?

Zero.

How many crimes did Mueller accuse Trump of in his sworn testimony?

Zero.

How many crimes did the Justice Dept determine Trump committed after examining Mueller's evidence?

Zero.

How many crimes did the Impeachment Clowns accused Trump of in their bill?

Zero.

Is that too confusing for you?

Gosh, wasn't Robert Mueller head of the FBI? Because he absolutely is corrupt.

He was part of the coup attempt against Trump.

Unless you want to argue that he was hopelessly incompetent or senile or something.

Nunes: GOP Lawmakers Expanding Investigation Into Special Counsel Operation, “We Will Be Making Criminal Referrals of the Mueller Team” (VIDEO)
By Cristina Laila
Ranking member of the House Intel Committee, Devin Nunes revealed GOP lawmakers will be making criminal referrals of Mueller’s team as well as officials at the DOJ and FBI that were above Mueller.

“We’ve also expanded our investigation into the Mueller team and everything that happened with Mueller and the people at DOJ and FBI that were above Mueller. And so, we will be making criminal referrals in the coming weeks against the Mueller team. We’re just now putting that together and, of course, as always, waiting on more documents that we really need to come out,” Nunes told Fox News host Gregg Jarrett Sunday evening.

Nunes argued that Mueller should have immediately shut down his operation because he knew the dossier had been debunked by the FBI and that there was no coordination between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin.

Nunes specifically called out then-DAG Rod Rosenstein for using Hillary Clinton’s phony Russia dossier in his scope memos authorizing Mueller’s fishing expedition....

Rep. Nunes previously made 8 criminal referrals to the DOJ alleging ‘potential violations’ of the law related to the Trump-Russia investigation.

US Attorney General Bill Barr then appointed US Attorney from Connecticut John Durham to investigate the origins of Spygate.
Nunes: GOP Lawmakers Expanding Investigation Into Special Counsel Operation, "We Will Be Making Criminal Referrals of the Mueller Team" (VIDEO)

I'm just saying the spy business is messy.

Yes, it does, and Flynn doesn't have to be saying, "Hi, Kislyakm right now I am interfering in U.S. foreign policy" in order for Flynn to actually be interfering in U.S. foreign policy.

Yes, there is some interpretation involved.

Look, Flynn wasn't mapping out his foreign policy with his team. He was conducting it with Kislyak, in real-time, telling Kislyak what he should do or not do in relation to Obama's actions to punish Russia, and the effect of what Flynn did was to assuage Russia's fears that what Obama was doing was anything they had to be concerned about.

Flynn should not have done that. It was wrong for him to do that. Flynn should have waited until he had the official authority to do it.

But that's not what compelled the FBI to interview him.

The FBI interviewed Flynn after they discovered Flynn lied to Trump White House officials about the call.

LOL, so sad and pathetic. Flynn was basing anything he had to say on what would happen after Trump assumed office. Flynn wasn't promising anything, he was simply asking the Russians to not overreact. He promised nothing. He offered nothing. BTW, the FBI declined to prosecute based on the Logan Act because its unenforceable. Its unenforceable based on my exact argument---the incoming administration officials have nothing to offer until they have the power to do so. So any offer is contingent on them being legally able to do so.

Okay. Be specific. Who and what are you talking about?

Let me know if you can find even one that's been prosecuted for that---and plenty have lied under oath or to the FBI.

Citation please.

No. The case was supposed to be closed on Flynn but it was still open because some idiot didn't finalize it. Its your ignorance, you go look for a ****ing change.

You need an articulable factual basis, and Flynn gave them that when he lied to Trump White House officials. Heck, they had that even before Flynn lied, but FBI top brass discouraged an interview. Remember: Flynn took $45,000 from the Russian government (via a media agency it owns), sat to next to Putin during a banquet, and then interfered in U.S. foreign policy by telling Kislyak to not escalate the situation after Obama punished the Russian government. And all of this is happening within the context of an investigation trying to figure out all the ins and outs of Russia's interference in the 2016 election.

This is not correct. The FBI does not need probable cause to conduct a voluntary interview of an interview subject for either a criminal or a counterintelligence investigation.

That doesn't matter. Law enforcement, including the FBI, can open and close cases as often as they want.

What changed the trajectory of the investigation was Flynn's lie to Trump White House officials.

The act of Flynn lying too Trump White House Officials made the FBI suspicious and made the FBI examine the old evidence in light of the new evidence.

They did not violate Flynn's due process rights. That is a lie.

Flynn agreed to do the interview, voluntarily, and he agreed to do it without White House counsel present. That was his choice.

Yeah, you know, I thought I did a really good job, over the course of hundreds of pages in another thread proving that most of your assertions were completely baseless:

U.S. judge puts on hold Justice Dept. move to dismiss Michael Flynn’s guilty plea to hear outside gr

Apparently, I failed to persuade you.

If you want to go through that process again, I'd be more than happy to do it.

So, let's do it. Show me evidence, supporting your assertion, that the FBI or the DOJ engaged in misconduct by withholding evidence or altering evidence.

Also, At no point until now have you gone beyond just suggesting the FBI altered evidence. Now, you're just flat-out saying it. I think that's an outrageous suggestion, and you're going to accuse the FBI or the DOJ of doing something like that you need to come to the table with some evidence.

Quit quote bombing me, if you cant say it in a sentence quit quoting war and peace back at me based on SINGLE SENTENCES.

To open a case you need probable cause and according the FBI regarding Flynn they never had it.

FYI, I've showed you the ****ing evidence three times already. Its not my fault you suffer from liberal memory loss.

I'm just saying the spy business is messy.

Yes, it does, and Flynn doesn't have to be saying, "Hi, Kislyakm right now I am interfering in U.S. foreign policy" in order for Flynn to actually be interfering in U.S. foreign policy.

Yes, there is some interpretation involved.

Look, Flynn wasn't mapping out his foreign policy with his team. He was conducting it with Kislyak, in real-time, telling Kislyak what he should do or not do in relation to Obama's actions to punish Russia, and the effect of what Flynn did was to assuage Russia's fears that what Obama was doing was anything they had to be concerned about.

Flynn should not have done that. It was wrong for him to do that. Flynn should have waited until he had the official authority to do it.

But that's not what compelled the FBI to interview him.

The FBI interviewed Flynn after they discovered Flynn lied to Trump White House officials about the call.

Oh, look saying the same stupid **** twice. They had no predicate to interview Flynn, they interviewed him without notifying the executive branch, they waived off his right to a lawyer, and they altered the 302s. All of this is from court records. Don't say cite it, I have cited it to you several times from several sources, yet here you are trying to re-argue it after multiple days---with multiple other posters.

I have to think about this. I don't have a response right now.

If you don't have a response after 4 years and multiple investigations and stories, I accept your concession, you shouldn't need to google one on my account.

I am really confused. You just said that Obama should either a) sound a warning that the Russians were attempting to interfere, or b) release every single attempt as it happens and go after the Russians heavily with law enforcement, or c) attach heavy fines to the country of origin and start RICO prosecutions to seize assets.
And now you are questioning Obama for slapping sanctions on Russia and expelling diplomats?

I am questioning the timing as you well know, or maybe you can't, I did spell it out in plain English. If Obama had done that as soon as he knew, back in...September, I think? No problem. Waiting until after the election and deliberately picking a fight with Russia because his party lost? That's a little bitch move.

I don't know. Maybe they did. I don't think so.

Of course they did.

I think the Obama administration was not thinking about boxing the Trump administration in, and instead, they were thinking about how best to act in the interests of the U.S.

That's because you are a Democrat cheerleader, you aren't being objective. No President should be making major policy changes with 30 days left in their term.

But if you think like Flynn -- disloyally -- and you think interference in our elections by Russia is no big deal then I can see why this would be more plausible.

With all due respect you have no ****ing idea what Flynn thinks.

And that wasn't his job because he did not have the job yet.

He had no power, Kislyak knew he had no power. But Russia didn't escalate ---because they both knew what I have already told you, Obama was trying to create a mess as retaliation for his party losing the election. He needed someone to blame that wasn't Hillary Clinton.

Yes, that's one way of putting it, and it highlights the diplomatic nature of Flynn's actions, that he had no authority to pursue.

And the NOTHING that Flynn was implying he would offer, in this instance, is the act of refraining from punishing Russia for its attack on U.S. elections.

He didn't offer that and nothing you can produce will prove that. You have your biased, ****ty opinion and naught else.

That is totally False!

That is exactly what the FBI wanted:

View attachment 67282167

That was the purpose of that interview... To get Flynn to lie so they could prosecute him.

No, that was a tactic. The purpose of the interview was to find out the truth about why Flynn lied to the Trump White House.

Things would go so much easier if people like Flynn told the truth, but the FBI is not naive.

They created a crime where no crime existed.

No...FLYNN created a crime where no crime existed by LYING to the FBI.

No, that was a tactic. The purpose of the interview was to find out the truth about why Flynn lied to the Trump White House.

Things would go so much easier if people like Flynn told the truth, but the FBI is not naive.

No...FLYNN created a crime where no crime existed by LYING to the FBI.

If they didn't think he lied until later, when it could be used to launch the Mueller investigation....well, that is some coincidence. Only children believe in coincidences in politics. I don't believe in coincidences. How about you?

I have never said that... The issue is that the FBI was WRONG when they set up an interview with Flynn for the expressed purpose of finding something to prosecute him for.

The FBI did not find something to prosecute Flynn for. Flynn found something for himself to be prosecuted for by lying. Flynn is responsible for his own behavior, not the FBI. The FBI had the expectation that Flynn would lie based on Flynn's previous behavior and crafted an investigative and prosecutorial strategy around that expectation, and they were right. And the FBI does this all the time with other people.

JFC man... The FBI had the transcripts... There was nothing at all illegal or nefarious in those conversations and they knew that before the interview ever took place.

If you think it's not a big deal that the Russian government interfered in the 2016 election, and that the Russian government shouldn't have been punished for it, then yeah, I guess I could see how you would think there was nothing nefarious about what Flynn said...

But I do not agree.

The FBI did not find something to prosecute Flynn for. Flynn found something for himself to be prosecuted for by lying. Flynn is responsible for his own behavior, not the FBI. The FBI had the expectation that Flynn would lie based on Flynn's previous behavior and crafted an investigative and prosecutorial strategy around that expectation, and they were right. And the FBI does this all the time with other people.

We don't even know that Flynn lied - the original interview notes aren't there, and neither is the original 302 document - all we have are documents that were made up weeks later.

We can see that FBI had no reason to question Flynn, and that there were no material facts for him to lie about, nor do we even know he lied at all.

All we have to go on are the words of some dirty cops.

If you think it's not a big deal that the Russian government interfered in the 2016 election, and that the Russian government shouldn't have been punished for it, then yeah, I guess I could see how you would think there was nothing nefarious about what Flynn said...

But I do not agree.

We don't know what the interference was. You certainly don't seem to be able to tell us directly in your own words. You seem to be lying - perhaps to engage in your own interference with the US political process.

The FBI has never made the excuses that you are making for them... Let them speak for themselves... Oh, that's right, they already have:

View attachment 67282169

It's not necessarily the end of the case if a defendant in a false statements charge says he doesn't remember. In Flynn's case, if the prosecutors could have proven he had knowledge of the conversation they could have still convicted him for making the false statement: "I don't remember."

THE DOJ is not stupid, okay? They do this all the time. Saying, "I don't remember" is not a get out of jail free card.

And let's look at the question the FBI asked before the section you posted:

Page 74 of the motion to dismiss which contains the Flynn 302, and this is the question immediately preceding the one above:

The interviewing agents asked FLYNN if recalled any conversation with KISLYAK surrounding the expulsion of Russian diplomats or closing of Russian properties in response to Russian hacking activities surrounding the election. Flynn stated that he did not.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...smiss/fa06f5e13a0ec71843b6/optimized/full.pdf

And as a refresher, here is what Flynn said in the call with Kislyak, on page 9:

So, you know, depending on, depending on what uh, actions they take over this current issue of the cyber stuff, you know, where they're looking like they're gonna, they're gonna some number of Russians out of the country, I understand all that and I understand that - that, you know, the information that they have and all that, but what I would ask Russia to do is to not - is - is - if anything - because I know you have to have some sort of action - to, to only make it reciprocal. Make it reciprocal. Don't - don't make it- don't go any further than you have to. Because I don't want us to get into something that has to escalate, on a, you know, on a tit for tat. You follow me, Ambassador?

https://www.grassley.senate.gov/sit...05-29 ODNI to CEG RHJ (Flynn Transcripts).pdf

Let's compare the questions...

This is what the FBI first asked:

The interviewing agents asked FLYNN if recalled any conversation with KISLYAK surrounding the expulsion of Russian diplomats or closing of Russian properties in response to Russian hacking activities surrounding the election.

This is what the FBI asked next:

The interviewing agents asked FLYNN if he recalled any conversation with KISLYAK in which the expulsions were discussed, where FLYNN might have encouraged KISLYAK not to escalate the situation, to keep the Russian response reciprocal, or not to engage in a " tit- for- tat. "

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...smiss/fa06f5e13a0ec71843b6/optimized/full.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom