• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Deadlocked board in key Michigan county fails to certify vote totals by deadline

Which party of more liklely to increase the debt? Are you suggesting that free college, unfettered illegal immigration, free health care and the green deal won't increase the debt?

And of course the first Obama administration was saddled with the Bush depression and the Bush bailout of Wall Street.

What is so hard for Republicans to accept is America, the economy, and everything else does better under democrats control. Been that way since the hoover days

960x0 (1).jpgp

See their interview. Research, learn. I am not your teacher.

Some random never-Biden saying words isn't proof. I want actual evidence.

Wow

There is no integrity among Republicans

Hard to believe this person was chosen to certify the election.

The Michigan Board of State Canvassers on Monday voted to certify the state's election results, after weeks of attempts by President Trump, the outgoing Republican nominee, to overturn his opponent's victory. Three members voted in favor of certification, and one abstained.

Well there you go.

Rights are a map of where the citizenry decided something was worth fighting over.

Does that apply to the right to own a slave back when doing so was seen as a right?

I guess might does make right. If that's the case, how do you know when the mighty are wrong?

Does that apply to the right to own a slave back when doing so was seen as a right?

I guess might does make right. If that's the case, how do you know when the mighty are wrong?

You act as if all rights are good things.

And yes, might does make right. What matters is the intent behind the might.

One of those commissioners is racist as hell. Example:

What happened to the belief that these people are professionals capable of separating their partisanship from their duty. You know like we were told about all the bias texts discovered in the fbi investigation into trump. Ignore them, but be concerned about the appearance of it now, why?

Right, so you have no understanding of natural rights, no understanding of how the concept shaped the Constitution, and no understanding of what "originalism" actually implies.

It's cute that you want to substitute all of your own definitions for these things, but you'll never win an argument that way.
Natural rights are the Santa Clause of political theory. Just because your parents told you those gifts under your tree arrived there via a fat man on a flying sleigh doesn't actually make it so. In fact, its kind of embarrassing you still believe in him at your age. 😂

Natural rights are the Santa Clause of political theory. Just because your parents told you those gifts under your tree arrived there via a fat man on a flying sleigh doesn't actually make it so. In fact, its kind of embarrassing you still believe in him at your age. 😂
Did you have an actual argument, or do you always try to skate by on emotional appeals?

Did you have an actual argument, or do you always try to skate by on appeals to emotion?
The argument was in there but I suppose I should of anticipated you needing it spelt out for you. Natural rights are a fairy tail like Santa Clause. Just because the Founders told you natural rights exit and gives legitimacy to their actions and governance, the reality is thats just a pretty story for the rubes. Legal rights exist and they are given legitimacy by varying measures of force and consent. If you have an argument for what natural rights are and where they come from then please, by all means share it so I can have a good laugh.

The argument was in there but I suppose I should of anticipated you needing it spelt out for you. Natural rights are a fairy tail like Santa Clause. Just because the Founders told you natural rights exit and gives legitimacy to their actions and governance, the reality is thats just a pretty story for the rubes. Legal rights exist and they are given legitimacy by varying measures of force and consent. If you have an argument for what natural rights are and where they come from then please, by all means share it so I can have a good laugh.
Just the sort of thinking that led to millions of enslaved people. They have no rights unless you say they do, right? Meet the new Democrat - same as the old Democrat.

Just the sort of thinking that led to millions of enslaved people. They have no rights unless you say they do, right? Meet the new Democrat - same as the old Democrat.
Please back up your claim 'that sort of thinking that led to millions of enslaved people'. Show that's true.

What is this if not an appeal to emotion? I notice what you didn't include was a description of exactly what natural rights are and where they come from. As much as I would love to believe that the universe cares about the lives of all living things the reality is slavery didn't end until slaves gained legal rights. It was the 13th amendment that ended slavery not a decree from God via a burning bush or signal from the stars.

Back
Top Bottom