• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Day 14, Closing Arguments - Defense (Friday 7/12) [W:252]

Re: Day 14, Closing Arguments - Defense (Friday 7/12)

Had to leave for a personal errand, did he show the "animation" yet?

Yes. I don't really think it had much value.

Had to leave for a personal errand, did he show the "animation" yet?

Yeah, stopping and explaining along the way. I wish he would just play it all the way through. Maybe he will. He also set a timer and had the jury just sit in silence for 4 minutes representing the time Trayvon Martin had to go home after he ran off.

Yeah, stopping and explaining along the way. I wish he would just play it all the way through. Maybe he will. He also set a timer and had the jury just sit in silence for 4 minutes representing the time Trayvon Martin had to go home after he ran off.

Ohhhhhhhh nice point!! I didn't think he'd do that. Very good "real" point/demonstration.

Andrew Branca, LOSD @LawSelfDefense

#zimmermantrial Word is that jurors took no notes during BDLR close, taking copious notes during O'Mara close.

Hey... Janet Napolitano is quitting.

Okay, back to the trial.

so much for the cop wannabe argument

That's a good one... He said no to getting a uniform and car.

O'mara is brilliant

Hey... Janet Napolitano is quitting.

Okay, back to the trial.

I know this is off topic but I have to say the Obama administration is full of quitters.

Witnesses are mistaken not necessarily lying

Kinda proud Mark O'Mara used my point, there is NO evidence presented in THIS trial, after GZ told the NEN operator "ok" after being told "we don't need you to do that" (follow TM), that he did follow.

Wow- I just read the transcript and that is corrrect.
Great catch!

And had he - it's not a crime. Well except to nanny state liberals that thing govt needs to do everything for everyone and people should just nothing about poor disenfranchise yutes out sjphopping late at night (in the rain). (sarcasm intended)

Wow- I just read the transcript and that is corrrect.
Great catch!

O'Mara drove that point home.............."ZERO.........NONE" "the statute is very CLEAR" you have to exhibit NO outward evidence of "injury", not even a cut on your finger, to use lethal force in self defense.

And had he - it's not a crime. Well except to nanny state liberals that thing govt needs to do everything for everyone and people should just nothing about poor disenfranchise yutes out sjphopping late at night (in the rain). (sarcasm intended)

PERSONAL HUMOR MOMENT OFF TOPIC warning:

"yutes"?? Vinny????? is that you????

We now return to the regularly scheduled commentary on the case itself.

Kinda proud Mark O'Mara used my point, there is NO evidence presented in THIS trial, after GZ told the NEN operator "ok" after being told "we don't need you to do that" (follow TM), that he did follow.

Well, if you believe GZ went looking for an address...who believes that?

Class act, even by an attorney, explaining and in so many terms apologizing to the jury for asking Trayvon's Mom, "did your son do anything that contributed to him dying".

If you looked at the property lay out its not hard to believe at all.

I personally believe he couldn't recall the name of Twin Trees Lane based on the NEN call and the fact that George and i can not be the only ones that don't know the names of all the streets in our neighborhood. I know the name of the street I live on. None others.

Class act, even by an attorney, explaining and in so many terms apologizing to the jury for asking Trayvon's Mom, "did your son do anything that contributed to him dying".

I'm sorry that I missed that. My coworkers don't seem to understand that I'm busy. Grumble grumble.

Mark O'Mara needs to continue to hammer that home, the state was introducing "could have been's" NOT proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

If you looked at the property lay out its not hard to believe at all.
If you were driving on a rainy night and you want to find a street sign, do you
a) drive the intersection and look at the street sign?
OR​
b) get out of your car in the middle of the block to look for a street sign?

O'Mara must be a fan of Saturday Night Live.

Again look at the diagram of the community.

Zimmerman's vehicle was parked in a L curve of an interior street of the complex. I don't know if there are street signs in the "L" curve but the house numbers are not easy to see either - especially in the rain at night.

It's hard to imagine people have a hard time with a neighborhood watch person not to watch a tall hooded kid walking in the rain.

If you were driving on a rainy night and you want to find a street sign, do you
a) drive the intersection and look at the street sign?
OR​
b) get out of your car in the middle of the block to look for a street sign?

Again look at the diagram of the community.

Zimmerman's vehicle was parked in a L curve of an interior street of the complex. I don't know if there are street signs in the "L" curve but the house numbers are not easy to see either - especially in the rain at night.

It's hard to imagine people have a hard time with a neighborhood watch person not to watch a tall hooded kid walking in the rain.

Especially when the NEN operator instructed him twice, tell us if he's doing anything"

I'm sorry that I missed that. My coworkers don't seem to understand that I'm busy. Grumble grumble.

I was thinking of going to my classroom to start working on the next school year, but I just can't bring myself to not focus completely on the trial. :)

Back
Top Bottom