• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

David Plouffe re: USPS - "Prime time hearings, NOW!"

I'm not saying it will happen, or be an easy prosecution.

I don't know what the exact statute would be, but if Trump & his pal conspired to keep Americans' votes from countimg, I'm sure there's statute covering it. And if two or more conspire, then yeah that's a conspiracy. Why wouldn't RICO apply?

Because the changes have been delayed until after the election demonstrating they were not related to voting.

Look for yourself: A decade of facts and figures | Postal Facts - U.S. Postal Service

USPS volume has been decreasing. At some point so should their operating budget.

Friday - David Plouffe Tweeted an enumerated blueprint for what he believes Nancy Pelosi should do, in reaction to the President's suppression of the mail-in vote. Since I can't post the Tweet itself, I copied & pasted into a quote box - below.

I like it. I think she should implement it, ASAP!

What says you?

Bring it on .....BUT I believe we need a new speaker of the house !!!!!!!!!

The question is whether these changes were made to make mail handling more efficient. The PG testimony I saw seems to indicate they were. Attributing ulterior motives is up to you. During his testimony PG said other than pleasantries during his swearing in he had not talked to anyone at the WH, including Trump, since.

My question is, then, let's assume there is some sinister plot to delay ballots - how would the conspirators know WHICH ballots to delay?
I posted an article showing Dems will vote by mail approx 2.5X the rate of Repubs - 51% to 20%. So, mail slowdown dis-proportionally will effect Dems.

I posted an article showing Dems will vote by mail approx 2.5X the rate of Repubs - 51% to 20%. So, mail slowdown dis-proportionally will effect Dems.
But we're talking far greater numbers this year, those are historical data. I'd suggest that ratio would be far tighter this year. California, instance is sending EVERY voter a mail in ballot. It also came out ash that removing mailboxes and decommissioning sorters originated in the Obama era.

But we're talking far greater numbers this year, those are historical data. I'd suggest that ratio would be far tighter this year. California, instance is sending EVERY voter a mail in ballot. It also came out ash that removing mailboxes and decommissioning sorters originated in the Obama era.
That was from a recent poll, actually.

It's in the OP of a recent thread I started:

DP

First off, government is not a RICO case, that's a ludicrous and unconstitutional comment.

Secondly, he is as rabidly anti-Trump as it gets he is a Democrat party operative or he was, under Obama.

Third, the solution is changing the funding structure for the USPS so that it is sustainable. That will mean a payroll and retirement structure that is also sustainable and not subject to bailouts. This is a problem attached to US lawmakers and the executive branch both. Pretending that the House, which holds the funding onus, holds no responsibility is partisan stupidity.

The PAEA already FUNDS ALL USPS worker retirement and other bennies seventy-five years into the future, costing five billion a year FROM the Post Office. So I don't know what you are talking about, neither do you, obviously.
USPS is pre-funding benefits for postal employees that aren't even BORN YET.

The Post Office was never intended to be a profitable business, not ever.
It's a public service and prior to the PAEA it was either racking up tiny negatives, breaking even or some years, posting a minuscule surplus.

And unfunded liabilities are total bullcrap. There is no such thing and there never has been.
UL is a manufactured fake crisis and always has been.

You are being played and if the plan succeeds, you will be paying $8.50 minimum to mail ANYTHING, and more often than not, driving somewhere to GET your mail instead of reaching for the mailbox at the end of your driveway.

Privatization is their goal, and you the end user are going to wind up getting screwed.

PS: Louis DeJoy doesn't even know what mail costs, what postage costs.
Great choice, there! :lamo

Last edited:
Friday - David Plouffe Tweeted an enumerated blueprint for what he believes Nancy Pelosi should do, in reaction to the President's suppression of the mail-in vote. Since I can't post the Tweet itself, I copied & pasted into a quote box - below.

I like it. I think she should implement it, ASAP!

What says you?

Which committee? If I have to sit through 12 blithering idiot Congresspeople from House Oversight again before getting to a member of the panel either side that can actually formulate a sentence and make a cogent inquiry, the top of my head is going to blow off. Today, the last 7 of 8 Congresspeople, 2 Republicans and 5 DEMS were the only people on that panel either side that provided any relief from the nonsense that passes as governance in DC these days. The more senior the panel member, the more idiotic their inquiries. BOTH SIDES!

Seriously, I would question the sanity of anybody that wants to put that mess in prime time.

That was from a recent poll, actually.

It's in the OP of a recent thread I started:

DP
Ok. Still don't see anything nefarious going on. I think you're more caught up in the Democratic fables than rational thought. Everything you guys have got all spun up about was standard operations going on for years. It's, IMHO, a wild goose chase. The Dems are building a propaganda campaign and some are falling for it.

Which committee? If I have to sit through 12 blithering idiot Congresspeople from House Oversight again before getting to a member of the panel either side that can actually formulate a sentence and make a cogent inquiry, the top of my head is going to blow off. Today, the last 7 of 8 Congresspeople, 2 Republicans and 5 DEMS were the only people on that panel either side that provided any relief from the nonsense that passes as governance in DC these days. The more senior the panel member, the more idiotic their inquiries. BOTH SIDES!

Seriously, I would question the sanity of anybody that wants to put that mess in prime time.
Well, it has lost much of it's urgency as DeJoy rescinded the planned changes until after the election. So, the Dem noise seems to have worked.

Ok. Still don't see anything nefarious going on. I think you're more caught up in the Democratic fables than rational thought. Everything you guys have got all spun up about was standard operations going on for years. It's, IMHO, a wild goose chase. The Dems are building a propaganda campaign and some are falling for it.
There's a reason why Trump is focused on this, and I don't trust his coincidences. In fact, he admitted more voting causes a loss for him. It's his words.

There's a reason why Trump is focused on this, and I don't trust his coincidences. In fact, he admitted more voting causes a loss for him. It's his words.
Come on, you're better than that. If your only reason is "Trump :twisted:" you got nothing.

Come on, you're better than that. If your only reason is "Trump :twisted:" you got nothing.
??

He's suppressing the vote, as I describes above. You're losing me here.

??

He's suppressing the vote, as I describes above. You're losing me here.
You're losing me - I don't see any suppression. Just "but, Trump . . ."

You're losing me - I don't see any suppression. Just "but, Trump . . ."
Comon' Bullseye, I don't want to dance in circles. You read the article. The majority of mail-in votes are Dems. He's suppressing the Dem vote.

Comon' Bullseye, I don't want to dance in circles. You read the article. The majority of mail-in votes are Dems. He's suppressing the Dem vote.
No it's not because we haven't identified ANY delay of ANY mail.

No it's not because we haven't identified ANY delay of ANY mail.
Bullseye, if you Google "DeJoy mail delay", you'll get a crapload of hits describing the delays and most importantly DeJoy acknowledging the delays before Congress. This conversation is getting pretty ridiculous, don't you think? I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Bullseye, if you Google "DeJoy mail delay", you'll get a crapload of hits describing the delays and most importantly DeJoy acknowledging the delays before Congress. This conversation is getting pretty ridiculous, don't you think? I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
LOL, I'm sure they'll be a lot of hits - how many are not LW slanted or outright propaganda? Probably not many.

ETA: Ok, I did the Google. Nada. What I find is him saying ballots we get priority over first class.

Last edited:
LOL, I'm sure they'll be a lot of hits - how many are not LW slanted or outright propaganda? Probably not many.

ETA: Ok, I did the Google. Nada. What I find is him saying ballots we get priority over first class.
Second hit:

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump's Postmaster General Louis DeJoy acknowledged delays in mail delivery Friday but defended changes made at the agency amid criticisms the moves would hinder the delivery of mail-in ballots in November's election.

Source: (USA Today) Trump's Postmaster General Louis DeJoy acknowledges mail delays, defends changes at USPS

Stunning to me that a so-called numbers guy, DeJoy had no numbers to share....NOTHING regarding the matrices a numbers guy would have insisted on seeing even if in DeJoy's words, he did not initiate these changes. Earth to DeJoy, you are now the guy in charge and though you are not the COO, he reports DIRECTLY to you. What a load of crap DeJoy turned out to be.

Stunning to me that a so-called numbers guy, DeJoy had no numbers to share....NOTHING regarding the matrices a numbers guy would have insisted on seeing even if in DeJoy's words, he did not initiate these changes. Earth to DeJoy, you are now the guy in charge and though you are not the COO, he reports DIRECTLY to you. What a load of crap DeJoy turned out to be.
Yes, that was stunning. Was he from the corporate world? It didn't seem so. Either that, or he's so arrogant he didn't care. While it was joking of sorts, he may indeed be liable to legal/criminal responsibility.

Yes, that was stunning. Was he from the corporate world? It didn't seem so. Either that, or he's so arrogant he didn't care. While it was joking of sorts, he may indeed be liable to legal/criminal responsibility.

DeJoy owned a package logistics company and merged it with XPO, another package logistics company. Now those guys ARE numbers guys. Heck I loved spread sheets during a long corporate career and those guys could drive me to drink.

DeJoy owned a package logistics company and merged it with XPO, another package logistics company. Now those guys ARE numbers guys. Heck I loved spread sheets during a long corporate career and those guys could drive me to drink.
Thanks for that.

1] I suppose that would give Trump a decent pretext to have DeJoy put in place.

2] But still, what's his problem?

I do know he has large financial stakes in companies he throws business to.

Last edited:
Thanks for that.

1] I suppose that would give Trump a decent pretext to have DeJoy put in place.

2] But still, what's his problem?

I do know he has large financial stakes in companies he throws business to.

All I know is that if you moved me into DeJoy's job with my background, never mind his, I would have sledgehammered down the door my first day looking for spreadsheets, any spreadsheets including the matrices that were "according to DeJoy" driving these changes authorized by the mystical "others" that DeJoy could not name. If the COO did not have them I would have torn him a new butthole on the spot.

Back
Top Bottom