• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cumulus Media to it's right wing radio hosts: Stop claiming the election was stolen, or face termination

Excast

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
The owner of Cumulus Media, which employs some of the bigger right wing radio hosts in the country such as Mark Levin, Dan Bongino, and Ben Shapiro, has released an internal memo telling hosts not to continue questioning the results of the election or they will face immediate termination.

“We need to help induce national calm NOW. We will not tolerate any suggestion that the election has not ended. The election has been resolved and there are no alternate acceptable ‘paths.’ If you transgress this policy, you can expect to separate from the company immediately."

While I am sure the ultimate reason for this move was to keep advertisers from jumping ship, it's still welcome and long past due.

The owner of Cumulus Media, which employs some of the bigger right wing radio hosts in the country such as Mark Levin, Dan Bongino, and Ben Shapiro, has released an internal memo telling hosts not to continue questioning the results of the election or they will face immediate termination.

“We need to help induce national calm NOW. We will not tolerate any suggestion that the election has not ended. The election has been resolved and there are no alternate acceptable ‘paths.’ If you transgress this policy, you can expect to separate from the company immediately."

While I am sure the ultimate reason for this move was to keep advertisers from jumping ship, it's still welcome and long past due.

only going to make it worse. if they think outright censorship is going to help calm things they're being stupid.

only going to make it worse.

No, indulging the right in it's delusions for more than a generation has made the problem worse. Normalizing lies and giving them an equal seat at the table has made the problem worse. "Alternative facts" has made the problem worse.

Eh, whats a little more censorship? Let me know when the FCC pulls licenses.

I'm glad more private companies are taking steps to calm things down.

What total dumb asses and idiots don't know that Joe Biden won a fair election by this point?

Seems to have been released after the demonstration. Is that true?

More deep state swamp creatures that can't handle all the winning, obviously.

Seems to have been released after the demonstration. Is that true?

The article says it was released on Wednesday in the aftermath of the Capitol Hill riot.

My favorite part of this era is watching the folks who swore that they were for capitalism, company rights, personal responsibility and law and order.

They are common liars.

The problem with the whole election fraud claim is that it's absurd.

Trump claimed the only way he could lose the election was if it was fraud. He was behind in the polls. Then he loses the election and claims fraud. Obviously, this is something he believed BEFORE the election and without evidence.

Then the cult just goes along with it. It's scary to see how brainless his cult is that they would just agree with him.

Trump first claims mail-in ballots would be the source of corruption then he claims it's the voting machines. He can't even keep his story straight.

This is no longer a reasonable political belief. It's just insanity.

The problem with the whole election fraud claim is that it's absurd.

Trump claimed the only way he could lose the election was if it was fraud. He was behind in the polls. Then he loses the election and claims fraud. Obviously, this is something he believed BEFORE the election and without evidence.

Then the cult just goes along with it. It's scary to see how brainless his cult is that they would just agree with him.

Trump first claims mail-in ballots would be the source of corruption then he claims it's the voting machines. He can't even keep his story straight.

This is no longer a reasonable political belief. It's just insanity.

Insanity that has grown worse and worse over the years as these media outlets attempt to one up each other.

What's next?

If talk radio, Fox, Alex Jones, and the rest of the right wing garbage machine spend years telling Republicans that Democrats are all lizard people to the point that 30-40% of America believes that, should we just tolerate it as a normal opinion? Should people be given airtime on reputable networks to explain why it's perfectly normal to have the concern that Democrats are all Satan worshipping lizards who drink the blood of children? How we need to have an investigation to prove if this is true or not? Eventually society has to have enough self respect to tell these grifters to shape up or go away.

My favorite part of this era is watching the folks who swore that they were for capitalism, company rights, personal responsibility and law and order.

They are common liars.

Yeah, and they are all VICTIMS who are unwilling to take any personal responsibility for their own miserable existence. They count on right wing media to give them the pat on the back and the hugs they are desperate for to justify their hatred.

Rather ironic that the companies they gave huge tax breaks to are going to utilize their capitalistic power to shutdown their enablers.

only going to make it worse. if they think outright censorship is going to help calm things they're being stupid.

And? What do you think the end game will be, other than dead Trumpists?

The kind who listen to Mark Levin, Sean Hannity, and Rush Limbaugh for hours every day.

I turned on AM radio for a drive to the grocery store yesterday... I learned Trump called the Georgia SoS and asked for 17,000 votes and that this a common practice that's been happening for years. That was in the 3 minutes I listened before I had to turn it off, pull over, grab the keys from the ignition and stab my ears out...

Ass-covering. Welcome, but also too little/too late.

There's a saying (roughly paraphrased): for every bad thing that happens there has to be seven good things to make up for it. So the fact that right wing media has been spouting off about stolen elections for two months means that in order to put their terrorist genie back in the bottle they'll have to spend a year and a half reiterating that Biden won fair and square. Simply ceasing to repeat the lie isn't good enough.

Oh that pesky free market at work again....

How right wing radio works:
Tell your listeners that they are smart, they have special knowledge that the others don't have.
Get your listeners angry about something, anything, things that they were never angry about, nor ever needed to be angry about.
Stoke that anger every day.
Tell your listeners that THEY are trying to shut them down because you know the real truth.
Stoke more anger, get your listeners addicted to anger, make them hate the other side irrationally.
Sell them crappy products and bad financial schemes.

And yet the idiot left claimed for 4 years that Trump colluded with Russia and the morons that believe it regurgitated the lies across multiple media platforms. Again...ALL based on what EVERYONE knew where unadulterated lies.

And yet the idiot left claimed for 4 years that Trump colluded with Russia and the morons that believe it regurgitated the lies across multiple media platforms. Again...ALL based on what EVERYONE knew where unadulterated lies.
And yet the idiot extreme right claims that Antifa was behind the Jan 6th insurrection and that Trump, the guy who incited it is 100% innocent
Not gonna Fly, Trump is a traitor

And yet the idiot extreme right claims that Antifa was behind the Jan 6th insurrection and that Trump, the guy who incited it is 100% innocent
Not gonna Fly, Trump is a traitor
A handful have suggested that, unlike the entirety of the idiot left that bobbed and swallowed and regurgitated the leftist lies for the last 5 years. But hey...if you are comfortable labelling yourself as a whataboutist equal to those types...be my guest.

Back
Top Bottom