• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Critical Race Theory In Schools

Like standardized testing. Blacks dont do as well as whites so by their definition, it is racism. Any system that relies upon such testing is by definition systemically racist. What BS.
I would think the reason students don't do well on tests is because they don't study.

Do you have any conceptual ability to understand that unwritten interpretations and perpetuations of policy was/is designed against black people, and that was set up as culture expectations and called cultural norms, was based on racism.

Nonsense. For instance standardized testing wasnt created to discriminate against blacks, it was created to measure competency. Such testing was implemented in lilly white europe 100s of years ago to differentiate competency among whites. Has nothing to do with race.

The only way to do that is to encourage families to stay together.

They can't do that it violates too much of leftism.

I'm starting to think that the left once black people broken and on the short end of the disparity.

And all the time they've had office since we had to ram the Civil Rights act down this road they haven't done anything to make this disparity narrower if anything they've made it grow.

Poor broken people are easier to control.
That does not seem far off... the Left throws blame around to slavery and systemic racism, at Conservatives, at white people and many black people are just as bad off as they were 50 years ago. What bothers me is that it is not nearly as bad as it looks. Black college graduation rates have risen from 30% to 42% since 1990 with black women's rates rising from 34% to 46%.

Like standardized testing. Blacks dont do as well as whites so by their definition, it is racism. Any system that relies upon such testing is by definition systemically racist. What BS.
if you believe that other races cant do as well as whites given all things equal then you are racist.

Yes it is. You have to deny it because to accept it means abandoning your political philosophy.
you did not reply to the facts that i posted.

I am not mad about any of this... you seem mad though.

We already teach all of that... CRT adds blame equation.

I said either dead or racists...
My friend, it would behoove you to stop posting about stuff you obviously have no idea about and can't be bothered to read about. EVERYTHING you have claimed about CRT is flat wrong. If you'd bothered to read any of the previous posts, you'd know that. I'm amazed how lazy you appear to be.

Would you do well in history or various other subject that did not discuss white people? No you would not, you would be like you are in this forum, dismissive of anything that discusses black people and does not hail and praise white people.
If the only literary people you had read about were black, you'd probably not do well in literature or various other subjects that every person discussed was black and only a perspective from black point of view was discussed.

We know that is true, because from Fredrick Douglas, Martin Luther King and many others black peoples point of view was dismissed and fully ignored as well as attacked when it persisted.

It would probably blow your mind to learn that many of the white painted hero's of American history, were not alone and all the people with them were not white.
it might well too blow your mind to learn that systems of society were and many are based on philosophers from what what was called Mesopotamia and regions where African and Arab people are centered.
It might bewilder you to know the contribution Chinese made to civilization, and the list goes on and on and on. When you study "real world history" then these truths are brought forth, but many only get a cursory skim of world history, that basically was written by white people in America for the American books.

It's just like Tennis and Golf, whites played it so long, they assumed the only thing black people could be was Caddies... Arthur Ashe and Althea Gibson, George Franklin Grant who invented the tee that is used today, and then we can move on to many others, including Lee Elder and those before him up to Tiger Woods busted that myth about Golf...
Pick a category and the white nationalist promotional and its eugenics myth's have been busted.
the very computer we are using now, one should look up Mark Dean, He holds three of nine PC patents for being the co-creator of the IBM personal computer released in 1981,currently holds more than 20 total patents. One of his most recent computer inventions occurred while leading the team that produced the 1-Gigahertz chip, which contains one million transistors and has nearly limitless potential.

So, Pick a category... and one can learn much that was never taught in schools...

As long as you choose to deny reality, I will keep posting the same facts. Critical theory teaches students to think inside, outside, and across the box in a critical and contextual manner. If we allow laws to be written that restrict it, we will, at the same time, be impermissibly restricting free speech. You do know the importance of free speech, right?
Can you post some more facts please...

My friend, it would behoove you to stop posting about stuff you obviously have no idea about and can't be bothered to read about. EVERYTHING you have claimed about CRT is flat wrong. If you'd bothered to read any of the previous posts, you'd know that. I'm amazed how lazy you appear to be.
I can't stop you from misrepresenting what I have said with your lies in your ridiculously stupid posts.... When you want to talk about what I have said, that racism, slavery and lack of civil rights adversely affected all black people and still adversely affects many black people... then I will talk with you about it... but as long as you and others refuse to answer basic questions that challenge systemic racism and white privilege, I am afraid that our conversation will be short lived. I am nervous to even bring up the concept of personal responsibility with regards to many black people's plight.

Nonsense. For instance standardized testing wasnt created to discriminate against blacks, it was created to measure competency. Such testing was implemented in lilly white europe 100s of years ago to differentiate competency among whites. Has nothing to do with race.
I never said standardize testing was created to discriminate against blacks. the point you quoted was about a historical adoption of what people called "culture" that was based on racism, build upon premise of segregated society where whites were in the dominant avenues of economic, opportunity, accessibility and social considerations in general and non general society.

As to Testing:
China actually learned something about "testing" because they long relied on it within their rote memory styled education system, they discovered and it was noted I think around early 2000's or in that frame that "test scores did not translate into higher productivity". It's so unfortunate because we left the system of free thinking, and adopted a system of rote memorization for the sake of test taking, and we called it measuring competency, and what we did was stifle creativity and introduced boredom into the schools systems, then we took out civics emphasis and left that up to folklore which adopted partisan promotion, rather than the civics of American Democracy's principles and its governing policies and values. kids can no longer pose the questions of who, what, when, why, where, and how come... they are deemed to be taking the teacher off the programmed lesson plan structured for "test taking" so they are reduced to a generalized form of rote memorization. Today, kids are tired of it, their natural instinct of critical investigative thinking is now resurfacing and they want the truth, and they won't settle for less, about "anything"....

Party Power became more important than Political Intellect. and Money rained to the wealthy like someone busted a dam.... and the gap has been widening every since between what is wealthy and what is working class middle class.
The pay to get a degree led to "degrees costing more and paying more' but requiring less and less integrity, principles, character, dignity and ethics.

So, the point is, that CRT... will reveal a lot more than just about black people, but much about white people and the system and society and how it became what it is. which is inequitable to the general population.

We are still paying people $7.xxx in a world where companies are bought and sold for $Billions, and profit are measured in $100's of million up to double digit billions, and Minimum wages is pegged at what it would cost in today's valuation to house and feed a slave, or pay an poor white during the era of slavery.
jobs that were done by slave, and poor whites.... are today, still jobs that are ill respected and underpaid, but they are critical to the society that expects those labors and services.

Last edited:
Would you do well in history or various other subject that did not discuss white people? No you would not, you would be like you are in this forum, dismissive of anything that discusses black people and does not hail and praise white people.
If the only literary people you had read about were black, you'd probably not do well in literature or various other subjects that every person discussed was black and only a perspective from black point of view was discussed.

We know that is true, because from Fredrick Douglas, Martin Luther King and many others black peoples point of view was dismissed and fully ignored as well as attacked when it persisted.

It would probably blow your mind to learn that many of the white painted hero's of American history, were not alone and all the people with them were not white.
it might well too blow your mind to learn that systems of society were and many are based on philosophers from what what was called Mesopotamia and regions where African and Arab people are centered.
It might bewilder you to know the contribution Chinese made to civilization, and the list goes on and on and on. When you study "real world history" then these truths are brought forth, but many only get a cursory skim of world history, that basically was written by white people in America for the American books.

It's just like Tennis and Golf, whites played it so long, they assumed the only thing black people could be was Caddies... Arthur Ashe and Althea Gibson, George Franklin Grant who invented the tee that is used today, and then we can move on to many others, including Lee Elder and those before him up to Tiger Woods busted that myth about Golf...
Pick a category and the white nationalist promotional and its eugenics myth's have been busted.
the very computer we are using now, one should look up Mark Dean, He holds three of nine PC patents for being the co-creator of the IBM personal computer released in 1981,currently holds more than 20 total patents. One of his most recent computer inventions occurred while leading the team that produced the 1-Gigahertz chip, which contains one million transistors and has nearly limitless potential.

So, Pick a category... and one can learn much that was never taught in schools...
Wow... that is so profound. You know so much... it is really intimidating. LOL

That does not seem far off... the Left throws blame around to slavery and systemic racism, at Conservatives, at white people and many black people are just as bad off as they were 50 years ago. What bothers me is that it is not nearly as bad as it looks. Black college graduation rates have risen from 30% to 42% since 1990 with black women's rates rising from 34% to 46%.

Convincing people that they need a person to fight for them or they will be enslaved is the oldest con in the book.

It is the basis for a lot of religion.

Many of such characters come here as their daily entertainment, they are not interested in learning anything. Take note of the simplicity within the idiocy of their commentary; it's primary agenda is to agitate for the sake of getting a response, so they can feel engaged in what they come to fill their entertainment needs.

There are no facts supporting this hogwash.

People can link to websites for all sorts of pseudoscience.
Those are demographic facts, The median age of whites is 58. The median age of blacks is 27.

Oh, so you are going to come to me in a debate, misrepresent what I said with lies, get called on it and then you are going to demand that you get to run away from that and grill me with more questions, that may well be lies as well... ??? That is totally a teenager move. I will be the mature one and sigh... and say, It is OK... don't stress, it will be alright. Go ahead. What is confusing you about what I said.

You, literally, started this conversation with the criticism of CRT regarding blame.

There's not a racial issue by definition because the outcomes are different. The outcomes are different due in part to racial issues.

Poor urban schools get worse funding, so the education is worse, so the test scores are worse, so systems that rely on these test scores artificially favor white students, on average.

You, literally, started this conversation with the criticism of CRT regarding blame.
Yes. It attributes the mythical Systemic Racism that nobody can actually point to and White Privilege which negates anything white people accomplish and is an excuse for any black person that needs an excuse. And?

Yes. It attributes the mythical Systemic Racism that nobody can actually point to and White Privilege which negates anything white people accomplish and is an excuse for any black person that needs an excuse. And?

You said you're fine with this.

We point to systemic racism all the time.

You said you're fine with this.
I said that I am fine with what?
We point to systemic racism all the time.
I countered that it does not exist. It is individual racists in the system and the system gets blamed as racist. Nobody has ever actually shown where it is, how it works, how new employees are expected to practice it, no laws, no policies, no mission statements... there is just this hovering omnipresent menace that all white people, you included (assuming you are white) is a part of and guilty for not addressing and changing... even though we (I) do not practice it or are aware of even existing...

You said you're fine with the whole blame thing and got mad that I DARED insinuate otherwise.
I argued that I was not fine with the blame thing. Are you even reading what I am writing? LOL... WTF?
Nobody gives a shit about your opinion or your absurd personal definition of systemic racism.
Sure they do. Those that actually understand it... do... they probably don't care as much as they do about your opinion. But that makes sense... you guys are so heavily invested in creating an excuse for failing failing economic policies, implementation of promises, creating an out for the poor behavior and choices that so many black people make (white people too... just not the same percentage) etc etc etc.

So... are we going to debate? Are you going to show me how I can responsibly engage in my employers Systemic Racist Practices or not?

I said that I am fine with what?

I countered that it does not exist. It is individual racists in the system and the system gets blamed as racist. Nobody has ever actually shown where it is, how it works, how new employees are expected to practice it, no laws, no policies, no mission statements... there is just this hovering omnipresent menace that all white people, you included (assuming you are white) is a part of and guilty for not addressing and changing... even though we (I) do not practice it or are aware of even existing...
I agree, our laws and policies look neutral, and they are. Yet minority groups still face discrimination because people within a system discriminate in ways not addressed by the law and the discrimination is tolerated, maybe even condoned by the system.

One example: it is illegal for colleges and universities to discriminate on the basis of race or color and a picture of the applicant is no longer required on college applications. A study showed that black applications were still getting rejected because people on admissions review committees were rejecting applications with black sounding names and the other committee members were OK with that or did not interfere. So, because the law didn't specifically state that discrimination by name was illegal it is being done and it is tolerated by the institutions.

I do agree with you that dragging guilt into the issue hurts and angers a lot of people that are not guilty and slows down the process of working for a fairer culture.

Quite simply, it's opposed (and my goodness, is that opposition rapidly growing) because it has as a premise that one group are oppressors and another group are oppressed victims. Both of those labels are being vehemently opposed by both white and black people. Neither group wants their children to be taught to suddenly see children/friends of another color as different, bad people or victims. And, definitely, parents don't want their own kids to view themselves as bad people or to view themselves as victims. It's an enormously divisive and backwards step, confusing to kids and infuriating to parents. I have teen grandchildren and I've witnessed many a classroom, sporting event, friend get together, birthday party and more over the last decade. Kids are color blind and that's a wonderful thing. Now, some crazed woke group wants to undo and destroy all the good progress American society had made.
I am thrilled to see the growing negative reaction to CRT by PARENTS (go parents)! The citizens are increasingly rejecting this terrible plan and they should.
And so... there is not an oppressor group in USA history? And nobody was oppressed?

News flash... non-whites generally know very well what has happened and who did it to them. Yet I hang with them regularly and am not hated for being white. Why? Because I'm not a racist reprobate Republican RACIST white! See the difference?

Now improve yourself and stop being part of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom