• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Criminal Lawyer Alan Dershowitz Whines About CNN Ban

Look up any of his exchanges on Twitter with Renato Mariotti or Laurence Tribe, they're embarrassing.

You can go ahead and concede that I've backed up my accusations with evidence. :2wave:

https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/ala...ing-fox-news-lying-to-the-fbi-is-not-a-crime/

You're right, Dershowitz is not always correct on the law. However, he has always been a pro-defendant lawyer whose history of saying the same thing was overlooked by peers UNTIL he committed the sin of defending the legal rights of Trump and his associates. Surely if Dershowitz's views on impeachment and prosecutorial excess are unacceptable to CNN now - why weren't they unacceptable three, six, ten, or even 20 years ago during the Clinton administration?

I'm sure you have heard of situational ethics, right?

It think it clear by now to any disengaged person that CNN and MSNBC are not exactly champions of fact based journalism, and are as partisan as FOX and most other networks. So its no surprise that the hypocrisy of MSM journalism is in play, even if some folks in this thread fish for excuses on the sudden drought of Dershowitz appearances as a venerated contrarian voice.

Dershowitz is not always right, but he is almost always right on what the law says and should be. That prosecutors and/or the courts routinely distort or ignore the law is not news (e.g. "gross negligence" by Hillary Clinton), nor should it be news that Flynn's so-called lies were, in actuality, immaterial.

No, your judgement sucks. Dershowitz is one of the great legal minds in the country and has been for decades. The fact that you dont care what he has to say says nothing about him and everything about you.

Then why does he keep lying????

Dershowitz is too intellectually honest for CNN. I think he should consider it an honor that he's not cut out for CNN's hate panels, whiny leftist hysteria and never-endng, Trump-bashing circle jerks.

Dershowitz is a Democrat, and CNN cuts him off. Christ he's one of your own.

Dershowitz doesn't pass the purity test. Plus, not enough intersectional victimhood going on.

Dershowitz is not and never has been pro-Trump. He is and always has been pro-rule-of-law. This irritates those whose view of the law depends on whether it helps their cause or interest. Dershowitz is being punished for the sin of integrity.

In response to a question, Dershowitz expressed disappointment in the polarization and partisanship in the media and society, using his own experiences as examples. So you obtusely lurch into a polarizing, partisan, and ad hom rant about Dershowitz, confirming his point.
And Dershowitz is not even a conservative but a life-long liberal.

My advice, rather than showing Dershowitz how spot on he is, why don't you actually address his observations and judgement? You either agree that there is polarization in media and society, or you don't. You either welcome it, or you don't.

Is that too difficult for an anti-Trumper?
This would have comported with CNN just a few short years ago, but you see, they are no longer liberal. Liberals are a rare breed on the Left. Now, they are LEFTISTS.
Big difference.

Dershowitz is not and never has been pro-Trump. He is and always has been pro-rule-of-law. This irritates those whose view of the law depends on whether it helps their cause or interest. Dershowitz is being punished for the sin of integrity.[/QUOTE]
^^^THIS. Wow, this.

By how often Dershowitz bends over for Trump he may want to change parties... The GOP works for his best interests now anyways.

we could trade-he claims to be a Democrat-but you want him in the GOP. You claim to be a GOP supporter, yet your entire posting history suggests liberal Democrat.

Dershowitz is a Democrat, and CNN cuts him off. Christ he's one of your own.

It's a measure of how you think that a news network should never cut off "one of their own," which goes a long way to explaining the tribalism within the Republican Party in general.

Apparently CNN banned him and this is after the Hamptons shunned him. Why do these elite hypocritical conservatives bash at others who force them to live the lifestyle they constantly preach???????????

Alan Dershowitz complains anti-Trump bias is keeping him off CNN: ‘It’s a tragedy’

Of course leftists so not want to allow anyone to speak who even hints that the leftist narratives may be less than honest. Liberal leftist democrats do not like free speech which exposes facts which threaten their promoted propaganda.

Better than believing criminal douchebags who use giant microphones to defend corruption and spend millions to make cases go away.

Like the houses slush fund to pay off sex allegations. Where’s the metoo movement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it's b/c he's a slimeball. I never liked the guy anyways. So who you like only depends on if they are pro-trump. You're in for a rude awakening, Mr. Free.

How is Alan Dershowitz a slimeball, NeverTrumpGOP? For actually looking at the law and honestly coming to a different conclusion than you?

It's a measure of how you think that a news network should never cut off "one of their own," which goes a long way to explaining the tribalism within the Republican Party in general.

How I think is not the issue, Dershowitz was cut of by CNN because he was not saying what the wanted. Talk about tribalism, you get rid of someone that does not follow your ideology.

Nice try though.

How I think is not the issue, Dershowitz was cut of by CNN because he was not saying what the wanted. Talk about tribalism, you get rid of someone that does not follow your ideology.

Nice try though.

What does CNN have to say about why he's no longer invited to speak?

What does CNN have to say about why he's no longer invited to speak?

I already explained that. I repeat:

Dershowitz was cut of by CNN because he was not saying what they wanted to hear.

I already explained that. I repeat:

Dershowitz was cut of by CNN because he was not saying what they wanted to hear.

Is that Dershowitz's claim or theirs?

This conversation is going nowhere.

Have a great New Year.

So in other words, you're presenting Dershowitz's side of the story as if it's fact, and you have no idea if it's even true.

Back
Top Bottom