• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cream of Wheat to Drop Black Chef From Packaging

If you cant buy cream of wheat without some subservient black face on the cover, that is on you. Anyone unwilling to look at the history of the logo, and only posting 2020 shots of it, needs to **** off.

🤷

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about
Fortunately because of Barack Obama I can just go to my slave estate in Tripoli and have migrants bought for 400 a head serve me my cream of white

Fortunately because of Barack Obama I can just go to my slave estate in Tripoli and have migrants bought for 400 a head serve me my cream of white

You fantasy sounds like a vacation that is fun for you, and everyone else is forced to go along with it.

That is a shame.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

Wouldn't the less racist thing have been to put a black family on the packaging sharing some delicious cream of wheat instead of a black domestic seen preparing it for the likely-white consumer?

Because at this rate, we appear to be erasing both the representation along with the stereotypes of subservient domesticity of black people.

Maybe, but I think that they were worried about backlash there too. The symbol of the black chef or the 'aunt jemimmah' harkens back to the black domestic servant image. Personally, I don't care one way or another, but I think that

Maybe, but I think that they were worried about backlash there too. The symbol of the black chef or the 'aunt jemimmah' harkens back to the black domestic servant image. Personally, I don't care one way or another, but I think that
Yeah? What’s wrong with that? Are you going to pull the Mexican lady off of Rosarito’s beans? If you were willing to overly intellectualize everything you can find something wrong with it.

Returning to the original topic, there will be all manner of odd things happening as the United States of America attempts to address its long-standing problems with race. The opportunity to face it squarely with a 'Let's do what needs to be done, once and for all!' comes around from time to time. The can's usually kicked down the road. I do not see this time being much different.

We'll know we're really getting somewhere when the racial make-up of, say, the federal legislators of each of our two major political parties begins to reflect the racial make-up of the country. That day is not yet.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

If you cant buy cream of wheat without some subservient black face on the cover, that is on you. Anyone unwilling to look at the history of the logo, and only posting 2020 shots of it, needs to **** off.

🤷

------------------------

What's the history of the logo then? When was the current photo adopted, and what's wrong with it?

Returning to the original topic, there will be all manner of odd things happening as the United States of America attempts to address its long-standing problems with race. The opportunity to face it squarely with a 'Let's do what needs to be done, once and for all!' comes around from time to time. The can's usually kicked down the road. I do not see this time being much different.

We'll know we're really getting somewhere when the racial make-up of, say, the federal legislators of each of our two major political parties begins to reflect the racial make-up of the country. That day is not yet.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

No racial make up of legislators does not signify anything good. In fact It either signifies meaningless tokenism, or severe Balkanization which will tear apart the country. No to demographic groups are equal in any meaningful sense except for Morally. There are differences between ethnic groups in health, culture, work ethic, even in general intelligence as measured by IQ. And so it is impossible for there to be any even distribution by racial make up in any institution unless the government forces it. But a government that has to force that will be extremely repressive and prone to violent overthrow.

What's the history of the logo then? When was the current photo adopted, and what's wrong with it?

LOL... That's why earlier in the thread the question of what family was being denied revenue went unanswered....

The character on the Cream of Wheat packaging was originally named “Rastus,” a pejorative term for Black men, and was portrayed as a slightly literate cook. The picture changed in the mid-1920s after a Chicago waiter posed in a chef hat and was given $5 and none of the royalties, Gregory Smithers, a professor of history at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, told the Times.

It doesn't fit the narrative that the person depicted on the label was paid $5 and received no royalties... This whole "outrage" has probably done more to increase sales of Cream of Wheat than any marketing they have done in years...

No racial make up of legislators does not signify anything good. In fact It either signifies meaningless tokenism, or severe Balkanization which will tear apart the country. No to demographic groups are equal in any meaningful sense except for Morally. There are differences between ethnic groups in health, culture, work ethic, even in general intelligence as measured by IQ. And so it is impossible for there to be any even distribution by racial make up in any institution unless the government forces it. But a government that has to force that will be extremely repressive and prone to violent overthrow.

Hi!

Thank you for taking time to comment.

How is this systemic racism?

Why is afroamericans not proud of this?

Is it systemic racism with all products with whites on it or is it only blacks?

But it's ok replace white do clevelands voice becouse he is black with a black!

Could you rephrase that in coherent English please?

Nothing ridiculous about it. Times change. Western culture outgrew and moved away little black Sambo and other stereotypical imagery and portrayals of blacks with big lips and bug eyes in advertising and print media.
Yes, thankfully the stereotypical 'Gollywog' on jars of Golden Shred marmalade is long gone.
1601393279572.png

GASP, a company changes its packaging!! How dare they!!!

This is bigger news than 200,000+ Americans dying of Covid!

I hear Annie's is about to change the packaging on their Macaroni and Cheese! Have the smelling salts nearby.

Back
Top Bottom