• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CPAC just went full Nazi

By saying a wide range of validity, I think I put myself in agreement with this statement. Maybe I'm just not communicating well.

Also, we must admit at this point that the word Nazi has been changed greatly in how it is being used today. That's why I generally try not to engage in actually accusing anyone of it outside the classical sense, unless I'm actually trying to be a dick...hehe... The one time you hit me with it was a comparison of methodologies on a specific topic, not a general accusation. Democrats have taken a lot of wind out of that sail...but, I suppose, we all did, and for some time now. Remember the Soup Nazi on Seinfeld? There's Nazis and then there's Nazis.

Perhaps another bit of advice is to learn to put trigger words into perspective. It used to bother me when people called me a snowflake or a sheeple. Now it's just noise. FWIW, I think the practice is lazy, too often used by people unwilling to do the research required to criticize the actual issues accurately - whether that's the use of Nazi by the left or Communist or snowflake or whatever from the right. The discussion has degraded to simply throwing around partisan buzz words. Maybe you could do the me the solid of assuming my position on this one accordingly going forward, so we can actually talk. :) If nothing else, we'll free up some server space currently being taken up by my explaining and re-explaining my positions.

Anyone compared to Nazis in anyway is probably always going to get pissy about it. I mean I could try it on some lefties here and let you know what response I get.😁 Shoot, if someone didn’t complain about it, maybe they’re the ones to watch. I do understand and appreciate this explanation. Thank you.

Anyone compared to Nazis in anyway is probably always going to get pissy about it. I mean I could try it on some lefties here and let you know what response I get.😁 Shoot, if someone didn’t complain about it, maybe they’re the ones to watch. I do understand and appreciate this explanation. Thank you.

lol....well, yeah, I'd say that's the desired outcome of all these buzz words. You saying calling someone a snowflake or a Commie isn't? lol... This is 2021 political discourse, my dude. Way more chaff than wheat. But only if we play along.

Anyway, to bring it back to the OP, I don't particularly think that the stage looks like a Nazi symbol because the GOP are shooting for a Fourth Reich to be hatched in America. But holy shit, it was dumb, because it sure ended up looking that way....lol... Hopefully the third time is a charm, and they smarten up. If not, well, you have them to thank for threads like this, just like you'd have yourself to blame for getting shot if you put on a buck costume and ran around the woods during hunting season. That's as bothered as I can get about this, which is to say not very much at all. Thankfully I'm Canadian, so I get to have a chuckle...with as much as you guys laugh at us, it's nice to be able to return the favor from time to time...lol....

You want to have some fun? All this discussion about symbology made me question certain other symbols which have been integrated into American politics. One of the key symbols is the kicking Donkey that is the symbol of the democrat party. That symbol comes from a political cartoon and was adopted by the "Copperheads", democrats that were opposed to the civil war, Lincoln, abolitionists and "sooty Ethiopians". That's right, the symbol the Democrats use originated with groups OPPOSED to ending slavery.

I’ve conceded all I intend to. You want me to view this stage some certain way and I just don’t. Take away the monitors that aren’t even part of the stage and it doesn’t resemble the obscure Nazi symbol at all.
So now you're saying it doesn't even look like the Othala.

It's really a pity when defense at all costs goes over the top like that, because it makes its "practitioner" look really pathetic.

And, just as a parting remark, conceding that the choice of design was, whether out of sheer historical ignorance of the person responsible or plain idiocy of other nature, highly imprudent in its consequences, would be doing you and your fellow Republicans a bigger favor than your prevarications so far in this matter can achieve.

Note that, just like OlNate, I never claimed that the choice was intentional, so as to serve some nefarious goal.

You want to have some fun? All this discussion about symbology made me question certain other symbols which have been integrated into American politics. One of the key symbols is the kicking Donkey that is the symbol of the democrat party. That symbol comes from a political cartoon and was adopted by the "Copperheads", democrats that were opposed to the civil war, Lincoln, abolitionists and "sooty Ethiopians". That's right, the symbol the Democrats use originated with groups OPPOSED to ending slavery.

That’s funny. I didn’t know. I just figured the jackass was appropriate for other obvious reasons.

Attendees have two choices - admit they are ignorant of history OR they actually are the new Nazi Party. Some person at the gathering is responsible for hiring the people who designed and built the stage - names should be called out.

Here is the layout of the ACTUAL stage in that picture before the utter delusion started ignoring pieces....

1614635252637.png

So no, CPAC didn't decide to make some obscure insignia of an SS platoon their stage. :rolleyes:

Let's be honest, if the US wanted to start banning things with a hoistory of racism they should start with the Democratic Party...

Here is the layout of the ACTUAL stage in that picture before the utter delusion started ignoring pieces....

View attachment 67320867

So no, CPAC didn't decide to make some obscure insignia of an SS platoon their stage. :rolleyes:

Whose cousin drew this and forgot the edges?

I mean, I dislike the GOP as much as the next person, but this is a pretty obscure Nazi symbol. If you showed me that symbol a few days ago, I wouldn't have recognised it as a Nazi symbol. A coincidence seems to be the most likely explanation.
many people do not hear the 'dog whistle'; hence its name

The thread is 23 pages long now. Told you they would lap it up. But I didn't know they would go to this extreme?
glad you acknowledged the embarrassment of the reich wing being caught with its nazi pants down

easy solution for your party: quit behaving like nazis

... OR they actually are the new Nazi Party. ....

That's what Conservatives and Republicans are, social diseased people that hate their perceived inferiors, like the Nazi did. It's that simple.

That's what Conservatives and Republicans are, social diseased people that hate their perceived inferiors, like the Nazi did. It's that simple.
where do you come up with this hysterical bullshit. The mentality of the American left is far closer to the Nazis than the GOP. The american left hates free speech and tries to erase history.

where do you come up with this hysterical bullshit. The mentality of the American left is far closer to the Nazis than the GOP. The american left hates free speech and tries to erase history.

The truth lies in between.

The truth lies in between.
Far closer to my point than the hyperbolic bovine excrement that I was responding to

Attendees have two choices - admit they are ignorant of history OR they actually are the new Nazi Party. Some person at the gathering is responsible for hiring the people who designed and built the stage - names should be called out.

Democrats must truly be the must gullible and most ignorant fools walking. They know nothing about anything.

So, in summation, the folks that brushed away story that Obama's press secretary decorated his home with Soviet Prapaganda posters are now trying to use a stage that looks like an obscure Nazi symbol after you edit away all that parts of the stage that don't look like an obscure Nazi symbol is proof of Nazism. :rolleyes:

So, in summation, the folks that brushed away story that Obama's press secretary decorated his home with Soviet Prapaganda posters are now trying to use a stage that looks like an obscure Nazi symbol after you edit away all that parts of the stage that don't look like an obscure Nazi symbol is proof of Nazism. :rolleyes:

For some reason, I see a difference between what a person does in their home and what a significant group does at a public gathering - maybe that's just me.

For some reason, I see a difference between what a person does in their home and what a significant group does at a public gathering - maybe that's just me.
I think we get that. You folks see everyone that doesn't think like you do as horrible, rotton, nasty, hateful, murderous cultists that need to bee removed from society. We understand all that.

I think we get that. You folks see everyone that doesn't think like you do as horrible, rotton, nasty, hateful, murderous cultists that need to bee removed from society. We understand all that.

Have you tried not being a horrible, rotton, nasty, hateful, murderous cultist? I would hope so.

Your words are a fine exposition of a major problem in America today - the unwillingness to accept anything other than broad brush attacks against opponents. What one side does the other side must do also OR some appear to believe to be the case. Not everyone who has different views from me is seen as "horrible, rotton,(sic) nasty, hateful, murderous cultists" but lots of them are and it seems to be an increasing problem.

Last edited:
Oh... btw,

Please also be aware that if you were to be granted a presidential pardon, the pardoned offense would not be removed from your criminal record. Instead, both the federal conviction as well as the pardon would both appear on your record.​
  1. D'Souza is a Republican.
  2. D'Souza is a FELON.
  3. D'Souza is a conman.
Fortunately for him he lives in California so his sorry felon ass can still vote. He can thank those bleeding-heart California liberals for that.

Face it, you got conned. Seeing how you didn't even know he was still a felon kind of reinforces the fact that it is rather easy for you to be conned by such liars.

Oh yeah, and **** fascism.
Dinesh sure does love to portray christians as people with barely any survival instinct at all. Of course when you need to paint a holier than thou picture mistakes are made. I did lol at his portrayal of defense attorneys he portrayed as if leftists defend honor killing.

The Republicans may be able to get away with the odd Nazi symbol but they keep on using them and they keep being pointed out and they just don't care. It's gone way beyond obvious now.
The symbol for political opponents on nazi concentration camps told me what they actually want to do to political opponents. They’re going to drive themselves to do it someday. Thats what we have to look forward to with the GOP. Since McConnel sabotaged the impeachment trial, trump got away with it again... capitalist democracies rarely survive this plunge and i think i know why.

Back
Top Bottom