• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Covid: USA VS EUROPE

Not in the least. You mad a statement - "Both ameliorative measures and infection/death rates have increased.".

I asked you what conclusion you drew from that statement.

So far, you have NOT told anyone what conclusion you have drawn from that statement although there are only three possible alternatives:

1. The increase in ameliorative measures has made the infection/death rates worse;

2. The increase in ameliorative measures has had no effect on the infection/death rates;

or

3. The increase in ameliorative measures has resulted in lower infection/death rates than would otherwise have occurred BUT that decrease has been off-set by other factors.

Please feel free to pick one of those options.

Why do you require a statement of my conclusion?

Why do you require a statement of my conclusion?

Because I like to know what other people actually think (or if they are even capable of thinking).

To be able to express your opinion on the point clearly and cogently (not even in an unclear, disjointed, rambling, and obviously not fully thought through manner), establishes that you can think (even if no one on the entire planet agrees with your conclusion).

NOT to be able to express your opinion on the point (not even in an unclear, disjointed, rambling, and obviously not fully thought through manner), establishes that you can NOT think.

So far, you appear to be unable to express your opinion at all.

And remember the "Claque Trump Big 3" [1] Trump, [2] Guns/Beer/Bourbon/God, and [3] World Championship All Star NASCAR Dancing with Apprentice Survivors of the Great American Monster Truck and Tractor Demolition Derby BBQ and Beer Celebration parties.

Yeah. For sure Bourbon whiskey and not Scotch whisky.

Yeah. For sure Bourbon whiskey and not Scotch whisky.

I have some very nice 23 year old Bourbon that is actually very good.

The usual Bourbon is roughly equivalent to Johnny Walker Red - which I have used as paint remover.

Because I like to know what other people actually think (or if they are even capable of thinking).

To be able to express your opinion on the point clearly and cogently (not even in an unclear, disjointed, rambling, and obviously not fully thought through manner), establishes that you can think (even if no one on the entire planet agrees with your conclusion).

NOT to be able to express your opinion on the point (not even in an unclear, disjointed, rambling, and obviously not fully thought through manner), establishes that you can NOT think.

So far, you appear to be unable to express your opinion at all.

For the ninth day in a row, the US has posted more than 200,000 new cases.

Shut downs continue.

We are following the 3W's.

My questions stand. If the mitigation rituals recommended to slow the spread are effective, then why are all of the metrics continuing to show negative results?

I don't have to be able to explain which bacteria are growing in the rotting flesh of a dead fish to know it stinks.

This stinks.

I have some very nice 23 year old Bourbon that is actually very good.

The usual Bourbon is roughly equivalent to Johnny Walker Red - which I have used as paint remover.

Yeah. I guess you gotta go 23 yrs to get marginally close to a 12 yr Scotch.

Odd. An equivalency, though roughly, btx a Bourbon and a Scotch. Odd.

Some have used paint remover in place of whiskey.

Yeah. I guess you gotta go 23 yrs to get marginally close to a 12 yr Scotch.

I wouldn't go that far (I've had some pretty terrible 12 year old Scotch whisky. Now if you had said "18 year old" I'd agree with you.

[ASIDE - Keep your eyes peeled for Bourbon put out by "Orphan Barrel" - you'll be pleasantly surprised (provided that you don't mind paying more than US$100 a bottle).

Odd. An equivalency, though roughly, btx a Bourbon and a Scotch. Odd.

Some have used paint remover in place of whiskey.

Actually some of the best "single malt" whisky being produced today is being produced by Japanese distillers.

And the equivalence between the #1, #2, and #3 best selling American beers and water is even more striking.

I wouldn't go that far (I've had some pretty terrible 12 year old Scotch whisky. Now if you had said "18 year old" I'd agree with you.

[ASIDE - Keep your eyes peeled for Bourbon put out by "Orphan Barrel" - you'll be pleasantly surprised (provided that you don't mind paying more than US$100 a bottle).

Actually some of the best "single malt" whisky being produced today is being produced by Japanese distillers.

And the equivalence between the #1, #2, and #3 best selling American beers and water is even more striking.

The reason you’ve had pretty terrible 12-yr Scotch is because it may not have been 12-yr Scotch. JW isn’t even dated. Who’s to know.

So true of the Japanese distillers. I’ve only recently, as in some yrs ago, heard about that.

Diff spigots for standard and premium beer coming from the same tank.

BTW, hops are one of the but few plants in the same family as MJ. A “hoppy” beer has slight aroma/taste of MJ.

The reason you’ve had pretty terrible 12-yr Scotch is because it may not have been 12-yr Scotch. JW isn’t even dated. Who’s to know.

All of the whiskeys in JW "Red" are whiskeys (and, supposedly, all produced in Scotland). All of the whiskeys in JW "Black" are 12+ years old. All of the whiskeys in JW "Green" are 15+ years old. JW "Gold" used to be 18+ years old (but now no one actually knows). All of the whiskeys in JW "18 years" were originally 18+ years old, but now no one actually knows.

So true of the Japanese distillers. I’ve only recently, as in some yrs ago, heard about that.

Some people actually care about producing a quality product.

Diff spigots for standard and premium beer coming from the same tank.

Now that simply isn't true. They ALWAYS come from different tanks. Where the stuff that they put into those different tanks comes from is somewhat obscure.

BTW, hops are one of the but few plants in the same family as MJ. A “hoppy” beer has slight aroma/taste of MJ.

That would really depend on which type of hops you are using.

All of the whiskeys in JW "Red" are whiskeys (and, supposedly, all produced in Scotland). All of the whiskeys in JW "Black" are 12+ years old. All of the whiskeys in JW "Green" are 15+ years old. JW "Gold" used to be 18+ years old (but now no one actually knows). All of the whiskeys in JW "18 years" were originally 18+ years old, but now no one actually knows.

Some people actually care about producing a quality product.

Now that simply isn't true. They ALWAYS come from different tanks. Where the stuff that they put into those different tanks comes from is somewhat obscure.

That would really depend on which type of hops you are using.

Yeah. I forgot to specify that it was only the age of the Red label that isn't stated. I have read before they used to have a White label (not what is now called "White Walker", after the Game of Thrones series) but didn't last long. Another telling quality of JW red and black is that it's the largest selling whisky in the world.

Diff tanks, like all the AB beers, all together the largest selling beers in the world. Some tasting weaker, not stronger, than others. I'd swear they came out of the same tank.

There are 3 types of hops, among which there are a multitude of diff varieties. The level of terpene compound, as is also in MJ, is what gives the plant it's distink aroma.

I'll excuse your "whiskey" faux pas of "whisky".

Today + 95000 infections in USA, Total of population 329.000.000

+ 136000 infections in France + Spain + UK + Italy + Germany, Total of population 320.000.000

So the covid situation is better in USA than Europe.

It is false to say bad in USA the gestion of Covid.
Europe has 44 countries so you are cherry picking. Try again.

Back
Top Bottom