• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cover Reference Sheet

PoliSciPulse

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Some of us, like myself, post referential material. See my thread in US elections, where I am simply updating the races and what threads they are in. Referential threads should have a cover sheet you can edit at any time (before the OP - call it like a post 0) so you can link others to specific posts. If it's abused, the mods would simply be able to convert the thread back to a "normal" thread and the Post 0 would be automatically deleted. So for example, "For information about the races in Alabama, please see post #…" instead of having to copy and repeat the post numbers every time.

Is there a way to do this on here, or am I being too complicated?

I think there is a post type you are referring to but the permissions are such that it is forum wide which would be a challenge to our current setup.

Let us investigate and see if this is doable easily.

EDIT: Go into one of your blog posts and see if you can edit the article.

Unfortunately, no, I cannot edit it.

EDIT: I can show you exactly which post of mine I want to edit/update if that would help.

Back
Top Bottom