• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Coronavirus update: New York’s infection rate has been below one percent for 30 days

As I said the lower the positive test rate the better for the state.

The positive test rate means is the number of persons who out of 100,000 tests test postive.

When’s low number test postive it is easier to contact trace and isolate the positive cases to contain the spread of the virus.

Michigan tests about 40,000 a day , we have our own labs and usually gets the tests back In 48 hours.

We have good contact tracing and in June traced over 180 case to a Rast Lansing Restaurant/bar.

185 coronavirus (COVID-19) cases now linked to outbreak at East Lansing bar

Michigan is at 3.5.

It needs to come down. NY is under 1%.

The Cuomo Virus has now killed 33,002 New Yorkers. I wont take any lectures from that F'up, or any of his cheer leaders for that matter.

Well we all can see just how one sided you are
YOU can't seem to accept FACTS
YES a LOT of people did die and there was a LOT of mistakes made.
I suppose you think it would have been handled a lot better IF it had started out in some RED state
I don't think it would because there was very little known about the CV at the beginning of March
there was a LOT of conflicting info coming out of DC ( Trumps lies to start with ) and the CDC
Trump stopped people coming in from the China area on the west coast in late Feb. and I guess he never thought that people can now fly from the China area through the EU and come in on the east coast.
and that is what happened
on March 1st the first known case in the NE was recorded,
A woman came in from Iran that had it, and it spread so fast that by the end of March there were well over 75,000 cases in the NYC area
How do you expect Como or any other Governor to stop something that grew that fast when they had NO idea what to do and what not to
Tell us How would you handled it at that time
and again remember there was NO example of what to do like there is now
and it was Como and the health workers in the NYC area that figured out how to handle it and they set the example for the rest of the states , helping those states from having as many cases and deaths
as I asked you what would you have done back then when there wasn't a lot of info on the CV
Have a nice day

You mean your version of 'facts' and predictions; like "it will be forgotten by August"? This is just one reason nobody takes anything you tout, seriously.

Look....you guys keep bringing up my comment that "it will be over by August" as if that was anything other than an estimate. That being said, however, it IS over in Sweden, and almost over in New York, Conn., Mass and New Jersey as well as Manaus.

What isn't "over" and never will be is the humans thirst for fear. People love it. That is why Hollywood and other film makers include killing and massive gun violence in their movies while talking about the need to eliminate guns at the Oscars. Fear sells. You go ahead and try to sell advertising on TV or printed news is a paper entitled, "GOOD NEWS DAILY"

Our chemicals kick in over fear and we get a rush. The Goebbelsians know this. You must keep people in fear AND hate in order to sell your wares. You just watch BOTH political parties whipping up fear and hate for the elections here. They KNOW that this is what people are interested in. "Don't vote for Trump or he will steal your health insurance and the riots are Trump's fault. You have to be in fear and hate". And of course Trump's side will say "Don't vote for Biden because he is senile and Kamala will be president and you need to fear that".

This virus is the very same thing, snake. When it is gone, the papers won't sell.

Look....you guys keep bringing up my comment that "it will be over by August" as if that was anything other than an estimate. That being said, however, it IS over in Sweden, and almost over in New York, Conn., Mass and New Jersey as well as Manaus.

What isn't "over" and never will be is the humans thirst for fear. People love it. That is why Hollywood and other film makers include killing and massive gun violence in their movies while talking about the need to eliminate guns at the Oscars. Fear sells. You go ahead and try to sell advertising on TV or printed news is a paper entitled, "GOOD NEWS DAILY"

Our chemicals kick in over fear and we get a rush. The Goebbelsians know this. You must keep people in fear AND hate in order to sell your wares. You just watch BOTH political parties whipping up fear and hate for the elections here. They KNOW that this is what people are interested in. "Don't vote for Trump or he will steal your health insurance and the riots are Trump's fault. You have to be in fear and hate". And of course Trump's side will say "Don't vote for Biden because he is senile and Kamala will be president and you need to fear that".

This virus is the very same thing, snake. When it is gone, the papers won't sell.

Thirst for fear? LOL A dolty statement. Fear is the primary motivator is what you should have said.

Trump understands this.

Indeed, Trump has used this "unlike anyone we have ever seen before."

BTW, John Barron and John Miller approve of your post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...um=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

New York’s infection rate has been below one percent for 30 straight days, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) announced on Sunday, marking a turning point for the state that once was the epicenter of the novel coronavirus.

Cuomo encouraged New Yorkers to continue mask wearing, social distancing and hand washing.

“Our actions today determine the rate of infection tomorrow, so as the Labor Day weekend continues, I urge everyone to be smart so we don’t see a spike in the weeks ahead,” he said in a statement.

New York once reported startling numbers of new infections and deaths at the outset of the virus in which it reported more than 11,500 new cases in a single day in May and more than 1,200 deaths in a day in April, according to Washington Post data.

As of Sunday, New York reported 720 new infections, four deaths and 410 hospitalizations — another low since mid-March — related to the virus.
===================================================================
Cuomo should serve as a model for other states but the Repubs would never go along with that.

You say that like its a bad thing. Why are New Yorkers fleeing to Florida? Why has Florida had 1/3 the deaths, and a better economy?

A story from 3 MONTHS ago. and a powder puff article BY the prime minister to mollify the reporters that Swedes were doing SOMETHING! Here he says "More than eight in ten Swedes are keeping a greater distance"

Was he out there doing the count? Why no photo evidence of this alleged "distancing"? We don't have it because it is a puff piece.

Here the article says Over 60 per cent are taking part in social activities outside the home to a lesser extent and are avoiding public places where there are lots of people. So am I to understand that 2 in 10 people are not keeping their distance and 40% are STILL taking part in social activities outside and not a ONE of those people would infect other members of society, and that this was determined by some PHONE survey??? Seriously??

Thirst for fear? LOL A dolty statement. Fear is the primary motivator is what you should have said.

Trump understands this.

Indeed, Trump has used this "unlike anyone we have ever seen before."

BTW, John Barron and John Miller approve of your post.

Are you serious with this post? Ever since Trump was elected, the liberals have been instilling fear and hate towards Trump. Your post is the monthly winner of ,y "Its MIRROR time" award. The Democrats base everything they do on fear and hate and use the services of the NY Times, WaPo and the idiots at CNN and MSNBC and many other alleged news outlets to daily indoctrinate the masses into hatred of Trump. The reason I am using Goebbels so much in my posts is because it is plain to see what the "news" is doing today using the playbook of Joseph Goebbels, the master propagandist, to have the aforementioned lie daily about Trump, starting with all them doing 24/7 reports that Trump colluded with Russia, with high ranking members of the Democratic party knowing this was a lie.

Now, your side has the gall to put out more lies that the riots are "because of Trump" and that the virus is Trumps fault. That Trump STILL has a high approval rating is amazing considering the Goebbelsian double speak and lies by the media who are controlled by the Dems and have been for at least 3 decades with it being 100 times worse today. It was just a few weeks ago that at least ten anchors on all of the news programs used the identical phraseology about the Republican convention, calling it "dark".That wasn't accidental. that was PLANNED between the DNC and the 24/7 hate news for what reason? To instill fear and hate into the listeners. That is WHY the Goebbelsian news exists. To make people hate Trump and they have succeeded like Goebbels predicted.

Are you serious with this post? Ever since Trump was elected, the liberals have been instilling fear and hate towards Trump. Your post is the monthly winner of ,y "Its MIRROR time" award. The Democrats base everything they do on fear and hate and use the services of the NY Times, WaPo and the idiots at CNN and MSNBC and many other alleged news outlets to daily indoctrinate the masses into hatred of Trump. The reason I am using Goebbels so much in my posts is because it is plain to see what the "news" is doing today using the playbook of Joseph Goebbels, the master propagandist, to have the aforementioned lie daily about Trump, starting with all them doing 24/7 reports that Trump colluded with Russia, with high ranking members of the Democratic party knowing this was a lie.

Now, your side has the gall to put out more lies that the riots are "because of Trump" and that the virus is Trumps fault. That Trump STILL has a high approval rating is amazing considering the Goebbelsian double speak and lies by the media who are controlled by the Dems and have been for at least 3 decades with it being 100 times worse today. It was just a few weeks ago that at least ten anchors on all of the news programs used the identical phraseology about the Republican convention, calling it "dark".That wasn't accidental. that was PLANNED between the DNC and the 24/7 hate news for what reason? To instill fear and hate into the listeners. That is WHY the Goebbelsian news exists. To make people hate Trump and they have succeeded like Goebbels predicted.

I don't have a side, what is so hard about this for you?

To any reasoned mind these riots are on Trump as is teh epidemic and economy.

Trump is President.

2016, all was right with the world.

After 4 years of Trump, we are living a nightmare.

This is a simple FACT.

The left has destroyed small businesses and the economy.

no, you (and people like you) have. you fell for the Trump/Rush/Sean con of this pandemic being fake/a hoax. and now you guys are causing the damage to stretch out MUCH longer than it needed to.

i just wish small business owners could come to your house and explain to you what you've done to them.

I don't have a side, what is so hard about this for you?

To any reasoned mind these riots are on Trump as is teh epidemic and economy.

Trump is President.

This is a simple FACT.

A nightmare generated BY liberals.

PS.See any conservatives rioting? Actually we SHOULD have under Obama but we suffered through his corruption and malaise.

no, you (and people like you) have. you fell for the Trump/Rush/Sean con of this pandemic being fake/a hoax. and now you guys are causing the damage to stretch out MUCH longer than it needed to.

i just wish small business owners could come to your house and explain to you what you've done to them.

LMAO. Funny post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...um=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

New York’s infection rate has been below one percent for 30 straight days, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) announced on Sunday, marking a turning point for the state that once was the epicenter of the novel coronavirus.

Cuomo encouraged New Yorkers to continue mask wearing, social distancing and hand washing.

“Our actions today determine the rate of infection tomorrow, so as the Labor Day weekend continues, I urge everyone to be smart so we don’t see a spike in the weeks ahead,” he said in a statement.

New York once reported startling numbers of new infections and deaths at the outset of the virus in which it reported more than 11,500 new cases in a single day in May and more than 1,200 deaths in a day in April, according to Washington Post data.

As of Sunday, New York reported 720 new infections, four deaths and 410 hospitalizations — another low since mid-March — related to the virus.
===================================================================
Cuomo should serve as a model for other states but the Repubs would never go along with that.

And some of the best states in the country, even better than New York, are:

Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, West Virginia, North Dakota, South Dakota (Sturgis rally and all), Idaho, Nebraska, Kansas, Kentucky, Utah, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Iowa.

Why didn't you post about any of those?

A story from 3 MONTHS ago. and a powder puff article BY the prime minister to mollify the reporters that Swedes were doing SOMETHING! Here he says "More than eight in ten Swedes are keeping a greater distance"

Was he out there doing the count? Why no photo evidence of this alleged "distancing"? We don't have it because it is a puff piece.

Here the article says Over 60 per cent are taking part in social activities outside the home to a lesser extent and are avoiding public places where there are lots of people. So am I to understand that 2 in 10 people are not keeping their distance and 40% are STILL taking part in social activities outside and not a ONE of those people would infect other members of society, and that this was determined by some PHONE survey??? Seriously??

:lamo

Let us know when you provide the same level of proof for anything you posit.

just think if that poster was our President. we'd have a million or two dead and massive devastation.

now, as it is, he (and people like him) are just dragging this thing out longer than it needed to be and crushing small businesses.

Are you SERIOUS about that article being "proof"? They had someone CALLING people on the PHONE! It was a survey!!! LMAO

A nightmare generated BY liberals.

PS.See any conservatives rioting? Actually we SHOULD have under Obama but we suffered through his corruption and malaise.

just fact

Michigan is at 3.5.

It needs to come down. NY is under 1%.

Michigan is at 2.8 currently. I wish we were under 1 percent like New York . So glad we are not over 16 percent like Iowa.

As I said the lower the percentage the better.

I said:

Good news for New York .

Michigan’s positive test rate has been between 2.5 and 3.5 since June.

I was praising New York wishing Michigan’s numbers were that low.

Sorry you need the clarification and misunderstood.

You fixated on the 3.5 number from mid June after the small Memorial Day spike.

Last edited:
Michigan is at 2.8 currently. I wish we were under 1 percent like New York . So glad we are not over 16 percent like Iowa.

As I said the lower the percentage the better.

I said:

I was praising New York wishing Michigan’s numbers were that low.

Sorry you need the clarification and misunderstood.

You fixated on the 3.5 number from mid June after the small Memorial Day spike.

aren't you sweet...

If you knew how to communicate I would have followed. Instead you posted as a ditz.

peace

aren't you sweet...

If you knew how to communicate I would have followed. Instead you posted as a ditz.

peace

I apologize, I have dyslexia and sometimes do not finish typing my thoughts, but I thought I made in clear in my following posts the lower the number the better.

CDC recommends under 5 for all states.

To have in person school the area should be below 3 for a couple of months.

Under one means the state/area is on its way to containing the Covid 19.

I think they are talking about positive test rate.

Currently New York’s current positive test rate is .9 percent.

Explained
From Covid act now

A low percentage (0.9%) of COVID tests were positive, which suggests enough widespread, aggressive testing in New York to detect most new cases. Identifying and isolating new cases can help contain COVID without resorting to lockdowns.

Compare to Michigan which is 2.6 percent.

A low percentage (2.6%) of COVID tests were positive, which suggests enough widespread, aggressive testing in Michigan to detect most new cases. Identifying and isolating new cases can help contain COVID without resorting to lockdowns.

Compare that to Iowa which is 16.4 percent.

A relatively high percentage (16.4%) of COVID tests were positive, which indicates that testing in Iowa is limited and that most cases may go undetected. At these levels, it is hard to know how fast COVID is actually spreading, and there is risk of being surprised by a second wave of disease. Caution is warranted.

:peace

Last edited:
33,000 people died in his state. Hes the last person we should emulate :roll:

At the outset with a huge set of unknowns. What’s everyone else’s excuse?

Back
Top Bottom