• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Coronavirus stay-at-home orders stir protests nationwide amid fears of economic collapse

So Trump has absolute authority does he?

Is that not a dictator?

Also if he has absolute power is he not fully responsible for how the US responded to the Covid 19 virus

Certainly there must be a beginners forum somewhere?

All this crying from the Left about power. The governers are fixing to see who has absolute authority.

Hint: it isn't the governers.

Coronavirus stay-at-home orders stir protests nationwide amid fears of economic collapse | Fox News

I'm trying to wrap my head around the left criticizing Trump for not declaring a nationwide lock down order while lefty states are wanting to reopen their economies and the left criticizing Trump for claiming he has absolute authority while they claim absolute authority to lock their own people down. Could you please explain those to me?

Trump is a Statist - just not the kind that liberals like.

The two positions are irreconcilable. Its the double standard that liberals slip into as easily as an old pair of slippers. They take to it like a fish takes to water.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the left criticizing Trump for not declaring a nationwide lock down order while lefty states are wanting to reopen their economies and the left criticizing Trump for claiming he has absolute authority while they claim absolute authority to lock their own people down. Could you please explain those to me?

I know, right?...lol

Where does the Constitution assign “absolute authority?”

“Fixing?” Isn’t the inbred version “fixin’ ?

To enforce the laws of the land? That's in Article 2.

So Trump has absolute authority does he?

Is that not a dictator?

Also if he has absolute power is he not fully responsible for how the US responded to the Covid 19 virus

The thread literally has nothing to do with Trump.

All this crying from the Left about power. The governers are fixing to see who has absolute authority.

Apparently, like Trump, you aren’t knowledgeable of or a fan of our Constitution.

Sure it does, with your first post:

Since Trump is the one who said HE has absolute authority, you are claiming the governors do not. By default you think Trump does by your statement. YOU are the one who brought Trump into this with YOUR comments. Now, quit your squirming and either answer the question or run away like you always do eventually.

Sure it does, with your first post:

Since Trump is the one who said HE has absolute authority, you are claiming the governors do not. By default you think Trump does by your statement. YOU are the one who brought Trump into this with YOUR comments. Now, quit your squirming and either answer the question or run away like you always do eventually.

No, Trump isn't the thread topic. Nice try at derailing the thread with y'alls "Orang man bad" horse****.

You should learn about "thread topics".

Perhaps if the content of the OP was on topic the second post would be as well.

My post was responding directly to the post I quoted

You have reached a new low in reading comprehension when you don’t even recognize your own implied statement. :doh

No, Trump isn't the thread topic. Nice try at derailing the thread with y'alls "Orang man bad" horse****.

Sorry but it does and I explained why. You running away isn't a deflection from that fact. Trump's comment of he has "Absolute Authority" is the basis of this thread when you say the governor's don't have it.

Don't like it, tough. I'll keep bringing it up whether you like it or not. You are not a mod, so I'm not listening to **** from you.

Perhaps if the content of the OP was on topic the second post would be as well.

My post was responding directly to the post I quoted

The OP was pointing out that it's the people who have absolutely authority. But, I'm not surprised that none of you got that, because the concept is beyond your ability to comprehend.

Sorry but it does and I explained why. You running away isn't a deflection from that fact. Trump's comment of he has "Absolute Authority" is the basis of this thread when you say the governor's don't have it.

Don't like it, tough. I'll keep bringing it up whether you like it or not. You are not a mod, so I'm not listening to **** from you.

You people are somethin else...lol

The OP was pointing out that it's the people who have absolutely authority. But, I'm not surprised that none of you got that, because the concept is beyond your ability to comprehend.

If the people had "absolute authority" they wouldn't have to listen to federal or state laws. Damn, even your lying deflections are pathetically stupid. :lamo

Back
Top Bottom