• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Coronavirus could be considered a preexisting condition if Obamacare is struck down

We have grown used to that.

That doesn’t mean anything, you just keep using county in airquotes as though we are all in on the dumb right wing shithole jokes about GUBMINT RUN PROGRAMS.

GOP ****s up governing to prove how ****ed up governing is and their base thinks this is proof of ****ed up governing due to gubmint.

That doesn’t mean anything, you just keep using county in airquotes as though we are all in on the dumb right wing shithole jokes about GUBMINT RUN PROGRAMS.

GOP ****s up governing to prove how ****ed up governing is and their base thinks this is proof of ****ed up governing due to gubmint.
I am sorry the truth offends you. Yet, you cannot get around the FACT that "County" Hospitals are gubment run and you don't want to go there.

I am sorry the truth offends you. Yet, you cannot get around the FACT that "County" Hospitals are gubment run and you don't want to go there.

What does poorly run state facilities have to do with separating healthcare from a paycheck? Is your argument that these institutions are poorly run due to their very nature of existence? That’s not based in any verifiable fact. That’s your poorly supported opinion of GUBMENT RUN BAD.

”Trump.” There.

What does poorly run state facilities have to do with separating healthcare from a paycheck? Is your argument that these institutions are poorly run due to their very nature of existence? That’s not based in any verifiable fact. That’s your poorly supported opinion of GUBMENT RUN BAD.

”Trump.” There.
What would be the difference between county run hospitals and federal run hospitals? Government is the solution, is it not?

Oh WAIT! You just want a private company to go belly up so you can say they were irresponsible because they couldn't treat people for free.

What would be the difference between county run hospitals and federal run hospitals? Government is the solution, is it not?

Oh WAIT! You just want a private company to go belly up so you can say they were irresponsible because they couldn't treat people for free.

If your entire argument against universal healthcare is to point at poorly run county hospitals, that’s a non-starter. I can point to any number of poorly implemented government items that don’t work well due to lack of budgeting and resources too. The problem with county is that Americans should not have to pay for their healthcare, that we are currently underprioritizing those Americans in need is not proof that a system can’t work. That’s lazy.

I want *every* private healthcare company to go belly up. Every last one. Healthcare is a right.

If your entire argument against universal healthcare is to point at poorly run county hospitals, that’s a non-starter. I can point to any number of poorly implemented government items that don’t work well due to lack of budgeting and resources too. The problem with county is that Americans should not have to pay for their healthcare, that we are currently underprioritizing those Americans in need is not proof that a system can’t work. That’s lazy.

I want *every* private healthcare company to go belly up. Every last one. Healthcare is a right.
Who should pay?

It's ridiculous that Canada, the UK, and most of Europe have free healthcare and the mighty US can't afford it. And don't pull out the ole "Our system is better" because nobody earning under $200K a year can afford private care. The costs are getting outrageous for just basic medical care.

I just got a colonoscopy done that cost a copay of $200 under a Medicare Advantage Plan and an MRI before that for another $200 copay. Two fairly simple tests that should've been covered completely under a gov subsidized insurance.

If the Supreme Court strikes down Obamacare in November, insurers could resume discriminating against Americans with preexisting medical conditions just as they did before the law was passed.

Democrats are loudly insisting that this is an especially dangerous prospect in a pandemic, as coronavirus could be considered a pre-existing condition.
Jesse Ferguson, former spokesperson for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
==================================================================
I have Medicare so this makes no difference to me. But it gives me another reason to dislike Republicans.

Don't worry. Trump said he has a plan "at hand" (details to follow) that will cover pre-existing. But why worry about COVID when Trump will have a vaccine ready to go before election day. Keeping in mind none of the phase 3 vaccines, 4 so far, are designed to meet more than 40-50% efficacy and are for only early stage (non-hospitalized) patients and need only meet minimal trial standards not normal and usual for any vaccine for any serious (pandemic) disease. No worries.

It's comical that the actual people tthat should HATE preexisting conditions (older Republicans who don't qualify for SS) is the very group cheering the party that is fighting to bring them back.

A sucker and his money is soon parted.
Aren't they also the ones cheering to take SS apart?
It seems to me that for some of these people to realize that they have been trying to take SS apart for years is when they finally do get rid of it and they don't have that money coming in every month and then don't have money to pay their bills
then it will hit them and then it will be too late
Have a nice day

If the Supreme Court strikes down Obamacare in November, insurers could resume discriminating against Americans with preexisting medical conditions just as they did before the law was passed.

Democrats are loudly insisting that this is an especially dangerous prospect in a pandemic, as coronavirus could be considered a pre-existing condition.
Jesse Ferguson, former spokesperson for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
==================================================================
I have Medicare so this makes no difference to me. But it gives me another reason to dislike Republicans.
I have at least two pre-existing conditions. I had no trouble being insured for them pre-Obamacare. I did pay a higher rate but that higher rate was much lower than when I was forced onto Obamacare. Do you have proof that the Coronavirus would be labeled pre-existing or is that just your biased claim to scare people? That's not what happened with most other viruses. I believe it is this week that Trump is signing an executive order that insurance companies have to cover pre-existing conditions. What are you going to do then?

It's ridiculous that Canada, the UK, and most of Europe have free healthcare and the mighty US can't afford it. And don't pull out the ole "Our system is better" because nobody earning under $200K a year can afford private care. The costs are getting outrageous for just basic medical care.

I just got a colonoscopy done that cost a copay of $200 under a Medicare Advantage Plan and an MRI before that for another $200 copay. Two fairly simple tests that should've been covered completely under a gov subsidized insurance.
NO ONE i America that needs medical care is denied it.....NO ONE.

Kinda. Government paid.
Government paid? Like Medicare where many doctors won't work for such low pricing?

see, this is the thing Antfa. Gubmnet control means idiots will be giving you "free" health care because no sane person will study 12 years for what Gubment will pay. When will the libs realize this?

NO ONE i America that needs medical care is denied it.....NO ONE.

That's absolute horseshit! Nobody is denied 'lifesaving' care, everything else is ability to make payment required first. I even had to pony up for my copay's before they'd do the procedures.

Government paid? Like Medicare where many doctors won't work for such low pricing?

see, this is the thing Antfa. Gubmnet control means idiots will be giving you "free" health care because no sane person will study 12 years for what Gubment will pay. When will the libs realize this?

A69B50E0-3D01-43F5-9E0A-77616DA7DEAD.jpeg

A69B50E0-3D01-43F5-9E0A-77616DA7DEAD.jpeg

So our current system is producing doctors is what you’re saying.

(Go ahead, tell me this is due to fear of M4A. youv’e made up a raft of shit up til this point, why stop now.)

I believe it is this week that Trump is signing an executive order that insurance companies have to cover pre-existing conditions. What are you going to do then?

Insurers can't be forced to cover pre-existing conditions via executive order, a law is required. We have such a law: the Affordable Care Act. If Trump and the GOP succeed in getting rid of it, then pre-existing conditions come back.

And yes, obviously the lingering chronic health effects that COVID seems to have would become a factor for anyone who's had it and tries to buy insurance in a world without pre-existing condition protections.

I have at least two pre-existing conditions. I had no trouble being insured for them pre-Obamacare. I did pay a higher rate but that higher rate was much lower than when I was forced onto Obamacare. Do you have proof that the Coronavirus would be labeled pre-existing or is that just your biased claim to scare people? That's not what happened with most other viruses. I believe it is this week that Trump is signing an executive order that insurance companies have to cover pre-existing conditions. What are you going to do then?
No one forced you onto Obamacare, pure BS.
Trump says he is going to do something, rarely does that actually pan out, BTW where is that healthcare plan he said he would being signing off on a couple of Months ago?

Insurers can't be forced to cover pre-existing conditions via executive order, a law is required. We have such a law: the Affordable Care Act. If Trump and the GOP succeed in getting rid of it, then pre-existing conditions come back.

And yes, obviously the lingering chronic health effects that COVID seems to have would become a factor for anyone who's had it and tries to buy insurance in a world without pre-existing condition protections.
As I said, with more than one pre-existing condition, I had been better off before Obamacare. Even though my rates were higher than other people, they were much lower than when Obamacare came to town.

No one forced you onto Obamacare, pure BS.
Trump says he is going to do something, rarely does that actually pan out, BTW where is that healthcare plan he said he would being signing off on a couple of Months ago?
My insurance was dropped so the only health insurance I could get at the time was through Obamacare and it was at a much higher price than I had been paying before. I'm self employed. My wife had to quit being a stay at home mom and get a full time job with benefits as we could not afford the high prices of Obamacare. We had it for two years and that was enough.

As I said, with more than one pre-existing condition, I had been better off before Obamacare. Even though my rates were higher than other people, they were much lower than when Obamacare came to town.

Yes, I believe you've said you were in Kentucky's high-risk pool. Sounds positively utopian.

Problems with the high-risk pool, called Ky Access, were numerous. It never enrolled more than 4,837 people, cost almost $14,000 a year in 2013 and had a $2 million lifetime cap per enrollee, Lisa Gillespie reported in 2017 for Louisville’s WFPL.

My insurance was dropped so the only health insurance I could get at the time was through Obamacare and it was at a much higher price than I had been paying before. I'm self employed. My wife had to quit being a stay at home mom and get a full time job with benefits as we could not afford the high prices of Obamacare. We had it for two years and that was enough.
You don't say why your coverage was dropped and why you did not just buy another policy elsewhere. And by the way, that is all trump and the Republicants want for you in the future, except without the option of ACA and no guarantee that pre-existing conditions will be covered, yet you support their agenda, seems like you are going against your own best interests.

Aren't they also the ones cheering to take SS apart?
It seems to me that for some of these people to realize that they have been trying to take SS apart for years is when they finally do get rid of it and they don't have that money coming in every month and then don't have money to pay their bills
then it will hit them and then it will be too late
Have a nice day

they will fight for THEIR social security to keep rolling in and for it to be cut for their kids and grand kids.

Back
Top Bottom