• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cop who killed teenager Ma’Khia Bryant won't face charges

How could charges even be a consideration???

It's SOP in shootings that involve police. Just as it should be.
All anyone has to do is look at the video and see that charges shouldnt have been considered. An investigation should have shown that within a day. Had he not shot a young black woman would have been attacked with a knife. Not MAY have been...would have been. Case closed. Next.

All anyone has to do is look at the video and see that charges shouldnt have been considered. An investigation should have shown that within a day. Had he not shot a young black woman would have been attacked with a knife. Not MAY have been...would have been. Case closed. Next.

Idk if you participated in the actual threads on this shooting, but there were plenty of people questioning the officers actions. At the same time her family also demanded an investigation. So while you might think the video made it clear, some didn't. Which is why it's not an option for depts to simply skip an investigation of a shooting based on your opinion.

I remember the good old days when cops reached for their pistols as a last resort.
Cops back in the good old days? Which good old days?

Investigations into a shooting even when one might think it justified is a good thing.

Idk if you participated in the actual threads on this shooting, but there were plenty of people questioning the officers actions. At the same time her family also demanded an investigation. So while you might think the video made it clear, some didn't. Which is why it's not an option for depts to simply skip an investigation of a shooting based on your opinion.
Anyone that saw that video and demanded an 'investigation' or had questions about the legitimacy of that shooting was acting of their own bigotry and hatred and not on the incident that actually occurred. And I GUARANTEE you....had he not shot, the same people seeking to villify him for shooting would have villified him for letting an unarmed black teenager get stabbed to death.

Anyone that saw that video and demanded an 'investigation' or had questions about the legitimacy of that shooting was acting of their own bigotry and hatred and not on the incident that actually occurred. And I GUARANTEE you....had he not shot, the same people seeking to villify him for shooting would have villified him for letting an unarmed black teenager get stabbed to death.

Again, just because you didn't question it, that's nothing more than your opinion. It's SOP for police shootings to be investigated regardless of the situation.

Again, just because you didn't question it, that's nothing more than your opinion. It's SOP for police shootings to be investigated regardless of the situation.
We understand investigations need to take place. That investigation should have been closed within a few days.

Attachments

• dfd.jpg
    dfd.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1
We understand investigations need to take place. That investigation should have been closed within a few days.

Are you privy to how active it was on a day to day basis? My guess is no. In the end the right decision was made, imo. That's it.

Are you privy to how active it was on a day to day basis? My guess is no. In the end the right decision was made, imo. That's it.
We agree on the decision for sure.

LOL Of course you have to investigate. What was said. What were other people doing. What was her state of mind. There are a ton of questions. Most will, as we see here, justify the shooting. Even "just looking at the video" is an investigation. You just want a super short one instead of a comprehensive one.

LOL Of course you have to investigate. What was said. What were other people doing. What was her state of mind. There are a ton of questions. Most will, as we see here, justify the shooting. Even "just looking at the video" is an investigation. You just want a super short one instead of a comprehensive one.
I want the one needed to determine the law enforcement officers response...which should have taken a minute. The rest...wonderful...but it doesnt mean shit.

I want the one needed to determine the law enforcement officers response...which should have taken a minute. The rest...wonderful...but it doesnt mean shit.
Except legally....

Except legally....
Not even legally. It doesnt matter what a large knife weilding person is thinking as she is about to stab another person. There is no room for a debate on that issue...in the span of less than a second the kid is dead if the officer didnt act. You want to have all the separate debates and discussions you want about her state of mind or her boyfriend who was curb stomping another kid..be my guest.

Not even legally. It doesnt matter what a large knife weilding person is thinking as she is about to stab another person. There is no room for a debate on that issue...in the span of less than a second the kid is dead if the officer didnt act. You want to have all the separate debates and discussions you want about her state of mind or her boyfriend who was curb stomping another kid..be my guest.
LOL Dude, that is the investigation. It is almost like you have no idea what the term actually means.

His shooting takes a couple of seconds

The legality of his shooting takes longer...

Not a difficult concept.

LOL Dude, that is the investigation. It is almost like you have no idea what the term actually means.

Not a difficult concept.
This is played out. I hope if you are ever about to be stabbed the cops make sure to stop and take the time to condicut an inventory of the emotional needs of the participants and interviews bystanders before they act. For your sake. Id HATE to think you lived through that and had to carry the outrage of a cop saving your life.

Not a difficult concept.
The position of Bryant's arm with the knife in-hand is prima facie justification for deadly force. Interview everyone there, and see if there is some relevant context missing from the video. Should take a month, at most.

Not only was there no reason for this to drag on for eleven months, there was certainly no need to present it to a grand jury.

This is played out. I hope if you are ever about to be stabbed the cops make sure to stop and take the time to condicut an inventory of the emotional needs of the participants and interviews bystanders before they act. For your sake. Id HATE to think you lived through that and had to carry the outrage of a cop saving your life.
Your posts are getting more stupid as they go. We were not discussing the cop shooting as the right thing...

We were discussing the length of the investigation.

I hope that you are never in the position to conduct and investigation. Seriously.

The position of Bryant's arm with the knife in-hand is prima facie justification for deadly force. Interview everyone there, and see if there is some relevant context missing from the video. Should take a month, at most.

Not only was there no reason for this to drag on for eleven months, there was certainly no need to present it to a grand jury.
I agree in theory. A month or three months or even a few more. Totally understandable. Eleven months seems long... but so what?

Anything else?

Your posts are getting more stupid as they go. We were not discussing the cop shooting as the right thing...

We were discussing the length of the investigation.

I hope that you are never in the position to conduct and investigation. Seriously.
The length of the investigation of the officers involvement should have taken a day. YOU tried to bring relevance of a bunch of non issues and bullshit into an investigative process that has ****-all to do with the officers role...and you want to make comments about the stupidity of other peoples posts?

:ROFLMAO:

The length of the investigation of the officers involvement should have taken a day. YOU tried to bring relevance of a bunch of non issues and bullshit into an investigative process that has ****-all to do with the officers role...and you want to make comments about the stupidity of other peoples posts?

:ROFLMAO:
Like I said... it is good that you have no position of power and do not handle investigations of even pre-school lunch robberies of fruit roll ups.

Good. This was a just shooting, seeing as Bryant was attempting to stab someone.

Well, it was pretty obvious on the video that she was about to poke holes in the other person.

Maybe the cop should have aimed for her legs like Wyatt Earp?

Poor Officer, forced to shoot a minor girl like that.
He'll be scarred for life. Hope he is able to continue on the job and doesnt end up eating his gun himself.
I find this kind of sentiment to be curious. The officer saved an innocent life, so what does he have to be scarred about?

If I were that cop I would have gone home and slept like a baby knowing I had done the right thing.

Like I said... it is good that you have no position of power and do not handle investigations of even pre-school lunch robberies of fruit roll ups.
I can certainly save anyone the mystery. If the investigation involves a police officer shooting a large suspect that is quite clearly in the process of stabbing another person, regardless of how the social situation occured to bring us to that point, the actions of the officer to save a life will not bring charges.

Back
Top Bottom