• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cop says, "Keep walking"

No one was roughed up in that video.
Correct. The cop just told a person to leave an area that they were free to stay in.

Don't talk to cops... they love to pull the lines, this is consensual or we are just talking... and the say things like, I need you to stay here or I need your ID or just hang out for me here, bud or what's going on here and all sorts of other phrases that sound like lawful orders when all they are doing is trying to trip you up by continuing to talk.

Thankfully, more and more people are understanding that cops do most of their talking in a non-official/law enforcing capacity. They "ask" but it is under the threat of "I am a cop telling you". People need to start routinely asking police these questions:

Start with

- Am I free to go?

Follow that with

- Am I being detained?
- Is that a lawful order?
- Am I free to go?
- Do you suspect that I have committed, am committing or am about to commit a crime?
- What is your reasonable articulable suspicion that I have committed, am committing or am about to commit a crime?

Last edited:
It's quite obvious that you're a boot licker. Please, whatever you do...don't call yourself a libertarian.
I expose libertarians for the moral degenerates that they are, so don't worry about me calling myself one.
As mentioned in an earlier post, the quality of police officers has gone down. Remember that they were once referred as a city's "finest". They compete with hundreds of others for few positions on a dept. and go through rigorous background checks, psychological examinations and received extensive training in an academy as well as on the job training. I've been a strong opponent of police body cam's, as it's implying that they're not trustworthy and that the criminal's word is just as valid as theirs unless there is video to show otherwise (which doesn't always tell the whole story).
The big picture is that this is all about federalizing police, and believe me, you won't like a federalized gestapo, hence why conservatives have been stressing support of local police and keeping them independent for decades.

They compete with hundreds of others for few positions on a dept. and go through rigorous background checks, psychological examinations
Can you give an example of a psychological examination that police recruits go through?
and received extensive training in an academy as well as on the job training.
If the training is bad then their on the job will be bad... which is sorta the point of all of those pointing out how bad policing has been...
I've been a strong opponent of police body cam's,
That is utterly ridiculous...
as it's implying that they're not trustworthy and that the criminal's word is just as valid as theirs unless there is video to show otherwise (which doesn't always tell the whole story).
You miss the whole point. Body cams hold everybody accountable and have in fact helped police more than criminals. What, you say? Yes, from complaints of abuse. Additionally, not all those "criminals" are criminals... as I have clearly shown in numerous videos cops will make up charges, plant evidence, arrest people who are innocent, enhance charges with things like battery of a cop when it did not happen and on and on...
The big picture is that this is all about federalizing police, and believe me, you won't like a federalized gestapo, hence why conservatives have been stressing support of local police and keeping them independent for decades.
Nope. It is about retraining. There are success stories out there too... like Camden New Jersey. But change scares you... why is that?

What is wrong with calling out bad cops? And you have that wrong too... policing is probably the best it has ever been and it is getting better... because of cameras. Because of 1st Amendment Auditors. Because police know they have to follow the law and respect rights they are doing a better job keeping incidents down and learning de-escalation techniques, or at least employing them more.

Make it legal. Problem solved. The public has a right to know what you're doing with the Big Bites on the graveyard shift at 7-11!

It's quite obvious that you're a cop hater, two threads that I've seen in the short time that I've been here pretty much proves it. They have therapy out there for people like you, seek it.
Two videos prove I am a cop hater? LOL I have posted dozens. I have also posted dozens about good cops and praised them... but label me. Feel better about your bias. I will sit here being impartial and calling out bad cops. Post videos of good cops... you will find me thinking it is great to see.

Cop hater... LOL

Why do people pigeon hole themselves with mindsets like you have done? Instead of cop hater it is really respecting rights... everybody's rights.

Correct. The cop just told a person to leave an area that they were free to stay in.

Don't talk to cops... they love to pull the lines, this is consensual or we are just talking... and the say things like, I need you to stay here or I need your ID or just hang out for me here, bud or what's going on here and all sorts of other phrases that sound like lawful orders when all they are doing is trying to trip you up by continuing to talk.

Thankfully, more and more people are understanding that cops do most of their talking in a non-official/law enforcing capacity. They "ask" but it is under the threat of "I am a cop telling you". People need to start routinely asking police these questions:

Start with

- Am I free to go?

Follow that with

- Am I being detained?
- Is that a lawful order?
- Am I free to go?
- Do you suspect that I have committed, am committing or am about to commit a crime?
- What is your reasonable articulable suspicion that I have committed, am committing or am about to commit a crime?
Actually, I leave cops alone unless I need them. They are busy enough dealing with everything that comes with being a cop, that they don't need me harassing them. I figure not breaking the law is a good way to make policing a lot easier for them.

aCultureWarrior said:
They compete with hundreds of others for few positions on a dept. and go through rigorous background checks, psychological examinations
Can you give an example of a psychological examination that police recruits go through?
https://work.chron.com/law-enforcement-psychological-exam-16117.html

aCultureWarrior said:
If the training is bad then their on the job will be bad... which is sorta the point of all of those pointing out how bad policing has been...
Certified academy training and ojt training with a "Field Training Officer"/FTO., which those officers go through a special academy just for that too.

You really should familiarize with the profession that you seem to hate so much.

aCultureWarrior said:
I've been a strong opponent of police body cam's,
That is utterly ridiculous...
I made my point below. BTW, why should anyone believe a police officer that pulls over a speeder going 100 MPH in 65 MPH zone if it's not on video or on a speed gun? I would say that the vast majority of traffic violations are done without video or a speed gun to support the charge (running a stop sigh/red light, etc.),

aCultureWarrior said:
Nope. It is about retraining. There are success stories out there too... like Camden New Jersey. But change scares you... why is that?

Again, you won't like a federalized police force , amongst other things your numerous complaints (and I can imagine that you file many) will go through a bureaucracy and most likely nothing will be done about them.

Actually, I leave cops alone unless I need them.
Good. Same here.
They are busy enough dealing with everything that comes with being a cop, that they don't need me harassing them.
I am not sure who you think is harassing the cops.
I figure not breaking the law is a good way to make policing a lot easier for them.
I figure that not breaking the law is a good way for me to stay out of jail... I couldn't care less how it affects the cops.

https://work.chron.com/law-enforcement-psychological-exam-16117.html
Thank you.

Cops go through psychological screening. Of course... but we will see where this leads. Sense the shark lurking?

That is great... but not really that telling. What matters is the test itself.

The test does not determine emotional or psychological competence, ability to remain calm, be reasonable or empathetic. It also does not detect anger issues, narcissism, control issues, tendencies toward violence, etc.

The aim of the psychological assessments is to ensure that you have the capacity to deal with police-related stressors. Therefore, you should keep in mind that the test doesn’t reflect the value of your personality. Instead, it only asseses your suitability for the job.

If the job trains cops to lie, use force first, etc etc then that is all that the test tells anybody... that this police recruit candidate will trample citizens rights, lie, etc and that, in turn, can easily lead to cops running amuck planting evidence, shouting "stop resisting!!" so that they can punch a guy in the face a few more times and then charge them with assaulting a cop, etc.

So the test doesn't really determine anything about the cop candidates psychological health or positive emotional well-being... just their ability to be a cop. Cool. That is one of the most illuminating things that I have learned about any of this and not a good start for cops, departments or citizens.

Certified academy training and ojt training with a "Field Training Officer"/FTO., which those officers go through a special academy just for that too.
Officers are only as good as their training.

About 1,000 people a year are killed by police officers in the US, according to an independent project that tracks police violence. Most are shot dead.
The majority of the world's police forces carry firearms, but no developed nation uses them against their citizens as often as officers in the US - and disproportionately against African-Americans, compared with the percentage of the population they represent

1627103362560.png

You really should familiarize with the profession that you seem to hate so much.
I love good cops... I wish that there were more. I know quite a few and the stories that the couple of good ones told us about the shit that goes on is scary. One eventually quit because of it.

On average, US officers spend around 21 weeks training before they are qualified to go on patrol.

That is far less than in most other developed countries, according to a report by the Institute for Criminal Justice Training Reform (ICJTR).

1627103906825.png

Since it does not say about New Zealand cops I looked that up knowing the inevitable comeback... They train for one year before going out.

I made my point below. BTW, why should anyone believe a police officer that pulls over a speeder going 100 MPH in 65 MPH zone if it's not on video or on a speed gun? I would say that the vast majority of traffic violations are done without video or a speed gun to support the charge (running a stop sigh/red light, etc.),
And cops lie. I had one lie and the speed limits were right there on the sign next to us. He lied and changed it to me being ahead on the road. Police... everybody, should be filming all interactions. To whine that it does not show trust in cops is a childish reason to be against cams.
Again, you won't like a federalized police force ,
Why? We have a federalized police force here... if you mean one national police force. What is wrong with it? It is far superior to America's.
amongst other things your numerous complaints (and I can imagine that you file many)
Never filed one... but keep trying to Ad Hom your way out of stupid arguments, LOL
will go through a bureaucracy and most likely nothing will be done about them.
Speculation.

If the job trains cops to lie, use force first, etc etc then that is all that the test tells anybody...
Your ignorance of the law enforcement profession (coupled with your hatred of police) is really quite embarrassing.

Your ignorance of the law enforcement profession (coupled with your hatred of police) is really quite embarrassing.
LOL Run away. I trounced you clearly.

Actually I found the cops reasonable, though admittedly annoyed, as I would have been with some guy who was trying to get his 15 minutes of fame by being a jerk.

Read my complete reaction to all of this on my comment #14
Of course, you think it's reasonable; you live in Canada. I've watched that show To Serve and Protect, and saw a bunch of asshole cops. At the time I thought I was glad that I lived down here and not up there. Now it seems to be like that for both countries. But the reality was that I was just not in any situations (or not paying enough attention) to see such behavior.

At any rate, these cops came out with an attitude that a lowly citizen has no right to **** with them. Law enforcement (like congress) has forgotten that they serve the people. While yes the camera guy was an ass and being an ass, he was still not doing anything illegal that warranted a pat-down.

Those cops played right into a youtubers hand. They look like fools being all arrogant instead of tactful. A few intelligent questions and they would have found out that dickwad was there to troll them to screw up as they did. Now they are on youtube making their department look bad. Good training would have had them being polite and asking intelligent questions and following that evidence.

Two videos prove I am a cop hater? LOL I have posted dozens. I have also posted dozens about good cops and praised them... but label me. Feel better about your bias. I will sit here being impartial and calling out bad cops. Post videos of good cops... you will find me thinking it is great to see.

Cop hater... LOL

Why do people pigeon hole themselves with mindsets like you have done? Instead of cop hater it is really respecting rights... everybody's rights.
He is role-playing: Them liberals are cop haters!

He assumes that you are a lefty, next will come the crap about defunding, confusing BLM with antifa, and on and on.

He assumes that you are a lefty, next will come the crap about defunding, confusing BLM with antifa, and on and on.
If one is not 100% behind cops despite blatant crimes and things like that they are extreme leftists... it is crazy and alarming.

Of course, you think it's reasonable; you live in Canada. I've watched that show To Serve and Protect, and saw a bunch of asshole cops. At the time I thought I was glad that I lived down here and not up there. Now it seems to be like that for both countries. But the reality was that I was just not in any situations (or not paying enough attention) to see such behavior.

At any rate, these cops came out with an attitude that a lowly citizen has no right to **** with them. Law enforcement (like congress) has forgotten that they serve the people. While yes the camera guy was an ass and being an ass, he was still not doing anything illegal that warranted a pat-down.

Those cops played right into a youtubers hand. They look like fools being all arrogant instead of tactful. A few intelligent questions and they would have found out that dickwad was there to troll them to screw up as they did. Now they are on youtube making their department look bad. Good training would have had them being polite and asking intelligent questions and following that evidence.

I am just hoping that cops learn that it is a waste of time, that it violates peoples rights, that there are better things to do with their time, etc. than to have 10 cops waste an hour standing next to a youtuber who is taking pictures of a police station, or a traffic stop or anything else. I am hoping that cops are learning what the 1st Amendment is and that people are not going to put up with cops violating their rights any longer.

You tube and cameras are here forever and it is gonna only get worse for cops. I just bought front and rear dash cams... and I am an old guy in my 40's. I learned how to use my phone camera... even here in New Zealand. LOL Cops are on notice. stop ****ing around with people's lives..

I am just hoping that cops learn that it is a waste of time, that it violates peoples rights, that there are better things to do with their time, etc. than to have 10 cops waste an hour standing next to a youtuber who is taking pictures of a police station, or a traffic stop or anything else. I am hoping that cops are learning what the 1st Amendment is and that people are not going to put up with cops violating their rights any longer.

You tube and cameras are here forever and it is gonna only get worse for cops. I just bought front and rear dash cams... and I am an old guy in my 40's. I learned how to use my phone camera... even here in New Zealand. LOL Cops are on notice. stop ****ing around with people's lives..
40 is not old, just saying.

Of course, you think it's reasonable; you live in Canada.
what does THAT have to do with anything, other than taking a backward swipe at Canada?
Now they are on youtube making their department look bad.
LOL, looking bad to those who want to see bad, other people will simply see a jerk making an ass out of himself, you DO know that everyone is going to have a different perspective, and not necessarily yours.
Good training would have had them being polite and asking intelligent questions and following that evidence.
THAT part is absolutely true, OR these cops had the training but didn't follow it: but I still wonder what the argument would have been if the cops had said please and they guy with the camera still persisting in being in their faces?

I expose libertarians for the moral degenerates that they are, so don't worry about me calling myself one.

Are you for a woman's right to choose? Then you're a libertarian.
Are you for gun rights? Then you're a libertarian.
Are you against civil asset forfeiture? then you're a libertarian.

Are you a cop sucking boot licker who thinks that whatever the cops do is right and just? Yeah...then you're not one.

What you have to "expose" is only yourself.

As mentioned in an earlier post, the quality of police officers has gone down. Remember that they were once referred as a city's "finest". They compete with hundreds of others for few positions on a dept. and go through rigorous background checks, psychological examinations and received extensive training in an academy as well as on the job training.

Wrong. Cops are just finally being exposed because they can't as easily lie about things.
When you get on the stand and it's your word against a cop's, you'll always lose. But now, with cameras, the playing field is starting to even out. The cops can't as easily lie when their own actions are caught on camera.
I don't believe the quality of policing has gone down...but the amount of transparency has gone up.

I've been a strong opponent of police body cam's, as it's implying that they're not trustworthy and that the criminal's word is just as valid as theirs unless there is video to show otherwise (which doesn't always tell the whole story).

As if the cops DO tell the whole story? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
This isn't a local vs federal thing. I think we should watch closely and guard our rights against federal cops just as much as local.

aCultureWarrior said:
Are you for a woman's right to choose? Then you're a libertarian.

No, being that libertarianism and it's core ideology of "It's MY body and I can do with it as I please! goes against Judeo-Christian docdtrine, I am definitely not a libertarian.
Are you for gun rights? Then you're a libertarian.
Just because libertarians borrowed a few things off Judeo-Christian doctrine (of course without giving God credit for it) doesn't mean that the right to self defense comes from libertarian doctrine.

Are you against civil asset forfeiture? then you're a libertarian.
You mean if the state confiscates the property of a hardcore drug kingpin after the peddler of death has been given due process and convicted in a court of law the crimes he's been charged with?
Are you a cop sucking boot licker who thinks that whatever the cops do is right and just? Yeah...then you're not one.
I reocgnize that there are bad police officers out there, but currently there is an all-out assault against local police, with the intention of further federalizing them. Aside from the longterm goal of taking authority away from local communities, we've seen with this video and the other one that the cop-hater Bodhis posted in the two threads of his that I responded to, the videos didn't even begin to show the entire story.

I've dealt with libertarians for years, and I'm truly convinced that they have a intense hatred of themselves and thus want others to be miserable, hence legislating destructive laws. The libertarian hatred of police goes back to the days of vice cops, as libertarians know a lot about vice.

Just because libertarians borrowed a few things off Judeo-Christian doctrine (of course without giving God credit for it) doesn't mean that the right to self defense comes from libertarian doctrine.

I don't have the time in the day to try to unpack this brand of crazy.

So, basically, this idiot is either a First Amendment Auditor or a sovereign citizen. Which means they live to provoke situations.

Side note: wannabe gangsta was selling crap at the beginning of the video. “Legal protection/insurance”. Riiiiight…..

Anyway, I won’t defend the police, but to be fair…and the poster should be more honest about this…the situation was provoked by the YouTuber. He even tells us he’s going to do it at t he beginning of the video.

I mean if the cops were power tripping in this video then, yes, they are assholes. But here’s the thing; the situation would never had happened if the guy hadn’t provoked them.

Which means that guy who created the situation is every bit the asshole as the cop. I don’t feel sorry for the guy. I feel sorry for the folks who try to surrender to the police and die as a result. I feel sorry for those who get racially profiled. I feel sorry for those who get shot by cops because the cops over reacted and panicked.

But when you go out of your way to provoke a cop so you can make a reaction video where you try to sell me merch at the start of said video…:

Phuck you and stay off my side. You are as bad as the cops!

Actually, its a well known fact that Bodi is the biggest cop hater on this forum.
ALL cop hate...ALL the time.

So, basically, this idiot is either a First Amendment Auditor or a sovereign citizen. Which means they live to provoke situations.

So, is it possible to exercise your rights without being "provoking"?

I don't have the time in the day to try to unpack this brand of crazy.
That is the one and only thing that I admire about you libertarians: you know your limitations when it comes to debate.

Back
Top Bottom