• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cop says, "Keep walking"

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Here is another example of a cop power tripping... at 18:35 the camera guy walks to a cop car sitting there on part of a red curb with expired plates and starts talking to the cop through the cops open window. The cop immediately says "keep walking" and says the same type of thing about 7 or 8 times to the camera guy who just keeps talking to the cop. Standing on a side walk talking to a person in public is not against the law. The camera guy does not have to leave. The cop is just being an asshole and eventually drives off. And this is behaviour that many of you are defending... do it here, defend it.

Why does someone in New Zealand care about American cops?

It's not like you're ever going to cross paths.

Help the Maori out. Look at all the damage you did to those people!

Because I am not only on the side of People's Rights but I am an American. I feel like I have told you this a few times.
A couple of dozen times, actually.
LOL. I have done more for the Maori than you have ever done for African Americans. Hell, I have done more for them than you as well...

I'm not watching a 46 minute video, much of which appears to be some nobody Youtuber commenting on a video. I didn't see anything wrong in the portions of the clips I skimmed through; seemed like a troll being annoying. If the worst the cop said is "keep walking" it was well handled IMO.

I'm not watching a 46 minute video,
That is why I gave a time stamp.
much of which appears to be some nobody Youtuber commenting on a video. I didn't see anything wrong in the portions of the clips I skimmed through; seemed like a troll being annoying. If the worst the cop said is "keep walking" it was well handled IMO.
More than that...

Here is another example of a cop power tripping... at 18:35 the camera guy walks to a cop car sitting there on part of a red curb with expired plates and starts talking to the cop through the cops open window. The cop immediately says "keep walking" and says the same type of thing about 7 or 8 times to the camera guy who just keeps talking to the cop. Standing on a side walk talking to a person in public is not against the law. The camera guy does not have to leave. The cop is just being an asshole and eventually drives off. And this is behaviour that many of you are defending... do it here, defend it.

Because I always look to white wannabe gang banger for the truth about the police.

Obviously the guy with the camera was trying to provoke a confrontation with the police. LOL...what's so ironic is that these kind are always the first to call 911 for almost any reason and they always complain if they don't show up within seconds.

Well Bodhisattva possible answer might be "Help the Indians out and the other native tribes. Look at all the damage you did to those people!". I am not sure this has a lot of bearing on the issue of dictatorial police behavior.

Last edited:
Well if Bodhisattva possible answer? Help the Indians out and the other native tribes. Look at all the damage you did to those people? I am not sure this has a lot of bearing on the issue of dictatorial police behavior.
@swing_voter Yeah... look at how bad you screwed over the Indians... why don't you worry about them instead of what some guy in New Zealand thinks.

Because I always look to white wannabe gang banger for the truth about the police.
Actually all you have to do is watch the police... they tell the truth about themselves.

How is asking questions provoking? Or, am I provoking you right now?
You must have missed that a video camera was being used. Put the shoe on the other foot and think what it would be like if someone walked into the 7-11 that you work at and started videotaping you without your permission, questioning how you're arranging the Big Bites and cleaning the Big Gulp machine.
Police officers have a dangerous job that they do (nothing like working the graveyard shift at your 7-11, and I salute you for it), and don't need pests hindering their job.

You must have missed that a video camera was being used. Put the shoe on the other foot and think what it would be like if someone walked into the 7-11 that you work at and started videotaping you without your permission, questioning how you're arranging the Big Bites and cleaning the Big Gulp machine.
Police officers have a dangerous job that they do (nothing like working the graveyard shift at your 7-11, and I salute you for it), and don't need pests hindering their job.
People can not walk into private businesses and just start video-taping people. THAT, is against the law. Same with your house or anywhere you have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Against the law.

You are free to record anybody in public beyond that... and that includes cops, as long as it does not break certain rules that I posted in one of these threads... and Here

Is what he is doing dickish? Kinda... but so what? Cops have been railroading people, lying, planting evidence, beating people up, shooting innocent people, etc for decades and decades... if they get a camera in their face with the goal of holding them responsible then good. If they can't take it then they should get the **** off the force.

Ok, I have watched the video and read the responses, so far.

I am not taking either side because there is no side to take.

When I was a young man - like 100 years ago - I had several encounters with police, some favorable, some not.
Some are jerks, some are really nice guys.

SO - not sure what THIS incident is supposed to prove other than what we already know, that some cops are jerks, some not.

Then there is the guy trying to "prove a point" by getting into the cop's business and being persistent. Clearly trying to provoke a response and then posting the exchange on Youtube for the purpose of belittling ALL police.
SO - the guy filming this incident is a jerk too. Notice his whiny and sanctimonious tone of voice and attitude.

What conclusion can we come to about people like this?

That there are jerks in the world want their 15 minutes of fame and there are other people who aren't jerks.

I mean seriously, I am gonna lose my morning cuppa coffee over this?

What this video show is that law enforcement training in the US is almost nonexistent. Dealing with assholes like the guy with the camera is part of the job. Given the documented proof with these videos that there seems to be a large number of officers that either do not know the law and rights or don't care, just shows that police training reform is necessary.

Even running into just one asshole cop creates a lack of faith in law enforcement. The more that we lose faith in law enforcement the less that we trust that calling them is better than just handling it ourselves.

What this video show is that law enforcement training in the US is almost nonexistent. Dealing with assholes like the guy with the camera is part of the job. Given the documented proof with these videos that there seems to be a large number of officers that either do not know the law and rights or don't care, just shows that police training reform is necessary.

Even running into just one asshole cop creates a lack of faith in law enforcement. The more that we lose faith in law enforcement the less that we trust that calling them is better than just handling it ourselves.
Actually I found the cops reasonable, though admittedly annoyed, as I would have been with some guy who was trying to get his 15 minutes of fame by being a jerk.

Read my complete reaction to all of this on my comment #14

Hmmmmm.

When a cop tells me to "keep walking"...I simply keep walking. It doesnt seem real complicated, and yet some cant grasp simple English...LOL.
And I have a 100% success rate never being beaten, shot, tazed, or otherwise mishandled by Law Enforcement.

I have a feeling that the guy here in this vid was looking for a Thug Lotto Payout. Glad to see it didnt work.

OH MY GOD SOMEONE ASKED ME TO MOVE???!!!!! I NEED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL FOR HEAD TRAUMA!!!!! I NEED SURGERY!!!! I AM DYYYYIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD SOMEONE ASKED ME TO MOVE???!!!!! I NEED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL FOR HEAD TRAUMA!!!!! I NEED SURGERY!!!! I AM DYYYYIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!
OH MY GOD SOMEONE IS TAKING PICTURES??!!!! I NEED TO ROUGH THEM UP AND GIVE THEM FALSE ORDERS!!!!! I NEED SURGERY!!!! I AM DYYYIIIIING!!!!!!!

There is no need to get so upset... police routinely bark unlawful orders at citizens. This case was fairly minor.

People can not walk into private businesses and just start video-taping people. THAT, is against the law.

Make it legal. Problem solved. The public has a right to know what you're doing with the Big Bites on the graveyard shift at 7-11!
Same with your house or anywhere you have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Against the law.

You are free to record anybody in public beyond that... and that includes cops, as long as it does not break certain rules that I posted in one of these threads... and Here

Is what he is doing dickish? Kinda... but so what? Cops have been railroading people, lying, planting evidence, beating people up, shooting innocent people, etc for decades and decades... if they get a camera in their face with the goal of holding them responsible then good. If they can't take it then they should get the **** off the force.
It's quite obvious that you're a cop hater, two threads that I've seen in the short time that I've been here pretty much proves it. They have therapy out there for people like you, seek it.

Make it legal. Problem solved. The public has a right to know what you're doing with the Big Bites on the graveyard shift at 7-11!

It's quite obvious that you're a cop hater, two threads that I've seen in the short time that I've been here pretty much proves it. They have therapy out there for people like you, seek it.
What part of 'People Have Rights' are you having trouble with?

I am going out for a walk on the beach in a few minutes, 4:30am here, but I will be back to help.

Many people love cops that are abusive. Maybe it is an abuse thing. Childhood stuff? It is strange to me but they must have their reasons.

It's quite obvious that you're a boot licker. Please, whatever you do...don't call yourself a libertarian.

Back
Top Bottom