• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Conservatives on Wisconsin Supreme Court stop Mail in voting

No, I do not.

Then who do you think is trying to suppress voting? Seems Mr. Hawkins has a decent argument that he should be on the ballot.

You think this third party candidate trying to get on the ballot is really trying to suppress the vote?

The Green Party should be on the ballot.

And WI should have mail-in voting.

The Green Party should be on the ballot.

And WI should have mail-in voting.

I've only read the one story, but I agree that he should be on the ballot. Seems the Democrats are fighting hard to keep him off.

The US Supreme Court could over turn the decision .......

Too late now. People just need to take advantage of early voting, I know we will.

I've only read the one story, but I agree that he should be on the ballot. Seems the Democrats are fighting hard to keep him off.

Same as in Montana. They blame Stein for their loss in 2016. But I think the GP should be on all 50 State ballots. I'm not a supporter of theirs, but I do support the 3rd parties.

it's the party of voter suppression.

"All voter suppression is fine as long as it is still technically possible to vote!"

I fly planes for a living. I can't be present on election day.

You request an absentee ballot or to vote at the elections office?

Assuming there are enough polling places and they're opened long enough to accommodate the crowds. Sure. Go stand in line for a few hours, sounds great.

Thankfully Colorado isn't ass backwards retarded and has a great mail-in system. I'll skip the lines all together.

Good for you and I dont begrudge you being able to vote absentee. However Colorado already had that in place as part of their voting rules. I dont particularly care about vote by mail as much as I care about rules being changed midstream using corona virus as an excuse. **** that noise. They can change the rules AFTER the election is over with and settled.

Good for you and I dont begrudge you being able to vote absentee. However Colorado already had that in place as part of their voting rules. I dont particularly care about vote by mail as much as I care about rules being changed midstream using corona virus as an excuse. **** that noise. They can change the rules AFTER the election is over with and settled.

It's not actually absentee. Colorado is a primary mail-in State. It's nominal voting.

Then who do you think is trying to suppress voting? Seems Mr. Hawkins has a decent argument that he should be on the ballot.

Lawyers and judges.

No, you're only against rule changes that allow more people to vote. Everything else, you cheer on.

It's not actually absentee. Colorado is a primary mail-in State. It's nominal voting.

Your not changing the rules to do it. That's my point.

No, you're only against rule changes that allow more people to vote. Everything else, you cheer on.

You assume. There is a saying about assuming.

Lawyers and judges.

So, you think it is all about suppressing the vote and not about keeping Mr Hawkins off the ballot?

Wisconsin absentee ballot mailings on hold as Supreme Court weighs lawsuit | Local Government | madison.com
I am not sure if this link will come up, but the 4 conservative members of the Wisconsin Supreme Court may have just ended mail in voting in Wisconsin for the November 3 election. They voted to hold up the mailing out of ballots which have to go out by September 16th by Wisconsin law. The hold up is the Green Party, whose candidate gave two different addresses on the official party papers, and thus was ruled ineligible to be on the ballot. They appealed the decision at this late date and now the conservatives on the court are going to hold up the ballots until it is too late to meet the required Wisconsin date for mail in ballots. Once that happens the GOP will then bring a suit to stop those ballot from being counted. So much for democracy. Trump conservatives have become anti American and anti democracy. THis is the same party where the party candidate in the 2016 election had her picture taken in Moscow at the same table as Putin before the election and her votes made the difference for Trump's win in Wisconsin.
So the Green Party's rights should be trashed in the interest of Dem election fraud?

People are not being denied a right to vote. They simply have to vote at a poll.

My wife can not. She has four autoimmune diseases and if she gets covid she will be dead. Now, she will lose her right to vote because of four conservatives on the court who will hold this up long enough to keep people from voting by mail.

Sounds like its the green party who is preventing mail in ballots, not conservatives.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No, they violated the Wisconsin law by giving two addresses for their candidate. the court should have shut this down, but this gives the Conservatives on the court the ability to stop mail in voting and they are going to take it.

My wife can not. She has four autoimmune diseases and if she gets covid she will be dead. Now, she will lose her right to vote because of four conservatives on the court who will hold this up long enough to keep people from voting by mail.

She cant get an absentee ballot?

Don't like Trump do you? :peace

Many of us do not like the voter suppression that the GOP does to help them win elections, neither should you. The problem is that the GOP has become the party of win no matter what you have to do to the country to do so.

Based on the way different groups of people are responding, it seems reasonable to conclude that this action will improve the quality of Wisconsin's elections. That is sufficient justification.

No, it will keep as many as 1,000,000 people from voting in this pandemic that Trump lied about.

You do realize that giving the state two addresses violate state laws. What would you do if a voter gave two addresses?

Same as in Montana. They blame Stein for their loss in 2016. But I think the GP should be on all 50 State ballots. I'm not a supporter of theirs, but I do support the 3rd parties.

Even if they violate the rules by giving two addresses. What would you do if a voter wrote down two addresses?

Wisconsin absentee ballot mailings on hold as Supreme Court weighs lawsuit | Local Government | madison.com
I am not sure if this link will come up, but the 4 conservative members of the Wisconsin Supreme Court may have just ended mail in voting in Wisconsin for the November 3 election. They voted to hold up the mailing out of ballots which have to go out by September 16th by Wisconsin law. The hold up is the Green Party, whose candidate gave two different addresses on the official party papers, and thus was ruled ineligible to be on the ballot. They appealed the decision at this late date and now the conservatives on the court are going to hold up the ballots until it is too late to meet the required Wisconsin date for mail in ballots. Once that happens the GOP will then bring a suit to stop those ballot from being counted. So much for democracy. Trump conservatives have become anti American and anti democracy. THis is the same party where the party candidate in the 2016 election had her picture taken in Moscow at the same table as Putin before the election and her votes made the difference for Trump's win in Wisconsin.

If the Trump people are anti American or anti democracy they are only following the democrats lead.

Back
Top Bottom