• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Connecting the Dots

Oh really? Can you explain why the hat truss connections were any different from any of the other connections and why it indicates some additional energy?

I don't think you know how much energy it takes to fail a connection of a steel frame. You know they are done mostly with 5/8" or 3/4"Ø bolts.. and you can fail the connections by failing the bolts. Heat caused materials like steel to expand.. and that can cause bolts to be sheared. How about that additional energy? Yes or no?

Here's an article about bolts

"How about that additional energy? Yes or no?" I would have to say NO
PLEASE do think about this, in order to have heating of the metal such to sheer off bolts,
there would have to be UNIFORM heating to make sure that ALL of the bolts at a given level
of the tower(s) failed at the same time, because if only the bolts on the south side to the
tower ( for example ... ) where to have failed first, the floor would tilt & form a ramp to
dump tons of rubble outside the footprint of the building and thus stop the action of the
"pile driver"

There are so many ways that this whole thing could have stopped before total destruction
of the entire tower took place.

"How about that additional energy? Yes or no?" I would have to say NO
PLEASE do think about this, in order to have heating of the metal such to sheer off bolts,
there would have to be UNIFORM heating to make sure that ALL of the bolts at a given level
of the tower(s) failed at the same time, because if only the bolts on the south side to the
tower ( for example ... ) where to have failed first, the floor would tilt & form a ramp to
dump tons of rubble outside the footprint of the building and thus stop the action of the
"pile driver"

There are so many ways that this whole thing could have stopped before total destruction
of the entire tower took place.

No... heat only needs the warp the frame of destroy some connections.

No.... the center of mass from tilting does NOT get most of the mass outside of the tower. Even for 2WTC 80% or more of the upper 30 floor smass came down on the lower section (foot print). So this was effectively a mass of 24 floors dropping on flr 78 not 32 floors... not much difference to floor 78's outcome.

You don't get it.

You don't understand progressive failures in steel frames and cascading system failures. YOU DON'T GET IT.

No... heat only needs the warp the frame of destroy some connections.

No.... the center of mass from tilting does NOT get most of the mass outside of the tower. Even for 2WTC 80% or more of the upper 30 floor smass came down on the lower section (foot print). So this was effectively a mass of 24 floors dropping on flr 78 not 32 floors... not much difference to floor 78's outcome.

You don't get it.

You don't understand progressive failures in steel frames and cascading system failures. YOU DON'T GET IT.

You mention the tilting of the top of the South Tower, I didn't bring that up at all but
oh well ... the question remains that if indeed there were to have been "cascading failure"
of the floors, then what would have to happen in order to match up with what was observed,
would be for the core & perimeter to have self-destructed in a matter of milliseconds after
each floor had been demolished.

BTW: have you ever seen the Saturday Night Live bit where some character is obviously
making up what he sez as he goes and its all total fake, but its a bit of theater, HOWEVER,
in the explanation(s) from official reporters on the subject, we see some striking similarities.
Note that in the case of the reporter who first viewed the scene at the Pentagon and said
" I don't see a plane crash anywhere around here" ( and in the figure of speech used, it is
inclusive, that is no plane at the Pentagon or anywhere around it ) however after the TV
had cut away from that bit and then returned the reporter was quick to specify that the
aircraft had penetrated the wall and disappeared completely inside ( a totally unprecedented
behaviour for an aircraft crash ... ) anyhow, there are other examples of reversals from people
who first report one thing and then completely reverse their position on the subject a very short
time later. oops!

The official story = FRAUD!

You mention the tilting of the top of the South Tower, I didn't bring that up at all but
oh well ... the question remains that if indeed there were to have been "cascading failure"
of the floors, then what would have to happen in order to match up with what was observed,
would be for the core & perimeter to have self-destructed in a matter of milliseconds after

BTW: have you ever seen the Saturday Night Live bit where some character is obviously
making up what he sez as he goes and its all total fake, but its a bit of theater, HOWEVER,
in the explanation(s) from official reporters on the subject, we see some striking similarities.
Note that in the case of the reporter who first viewed the scene at the Pentagon and said
" I don't see a plane crash anywhere around here" ( and in the figure of speech used, it is
inclusive, that is no plane at the Pentagon or anywhere around it ) however after the TV
had cut away from that bit and then returned the reporter was quick to specify that the
aircraft had penetrated the wall and disappeared completely inside ( a totally unprecedented
behaviour for an aircraft crash ... ) anyhow, there are other examples of reversals from people
who first report one thing and then completely reverse their position on the subject a very short
time later. oops!

I don't watch SNL anymore since the 80s. The rest is gibberish.

you fail to show this is the case.
True. Yet again. And the problem has been identified multiple times including a number of suggestions as to how it could be resolved.

Colloquially the situation reminds us of a saying along these lines: It is feasible to arrange for an example of Equus ferus caballus to be relocated into the proximity of aqueous fluid BUT such relocation does not impose an autonomous motivation to imbibe of the available fluid.

....or words to that effect. :roll:

PLEASE PEOPLE!!!!!!!
whats up with the "gibberish" labeling

Can YOU elaborate upon what feature of my last is inaccurate ... or?

PLEASE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

MK, quote "The official story = FRAUD!",
This is gibberish, unless you lay out what is the "fraud", and provide supporting documentation. and don't say look at msm vids for the evidence.

PLEASE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

I have already tried to assist you several times. But here is one more attempt.

The foundation or base level issue is that you do not present properly reasoned arguments to support your claims.

The structure of such an argument includes:
1) An explicit statement as to what you are claiming backed up by;
2) Identification of all the items of evidence needed to support your claim;
3) Demonstration of the validity of those items of evidence; AND
4) Logical reasoning which shows how the bits of evidence relate to each other and to the ultimate claim.

I have already posed a model reasoned claim in the OP to the thread 'Was "Global collapse truly inevitable"?' You have not commented in any depth on that post. Much of your confusion could be alleviated if you start to employ reasoned argument. A second issue is that you lack focus - referring to many partial truths on most of your posts. I will need to return to that aspect later.

Let me critique the post causing this current confusion and conflict. it is this one:

time later. oops!

The post has three main sections and I have colour coded them.
Section 1 This colour.
This section should identify what you are claiming. Does it? To me it is very confused. The closest I can identify to a "claim" seems to be that you are alleging that there is some doubt about cascade failures. There is nothing else which appears to be your claim. Let's see:
A) "You mention the tilting of the top of the South Tower, I didn't bring that up at all but
oh well ..."
What are you trying to say? The key words are the "oh well" which dismisses your earlier comments to irrelevancy and announces that the next bit is what you want to talk about.

B) "the question remains that if indeed there were to have been "cascading failure"
of the floors, then"
A clear flag "question remains" that this is want you want to discuss AND the "if there had been" introduces the subject of your claim viz "doubt about cascade failure".

What follows are some issues you want explained in connection with the doubt about cascade failure:

C) " what would have to happen in order to match up with what was observed, would be for the core & perimeter to have self-destructed in a matter of milliseconds after each floor had been demolished." This is an assertion "what would HAVE to happen" which you are making. Also it seems to be leading to an argument by you that these things didn't happen. So the next paragraph SHOULD explain your reasoning in more detail. Further explanation is what your first paragraph has set the scene for. Does this paragraph make the further explanations???

It definitely does not. In fact you flag it with BTW: - the BTW clearly signalling that what follows is "By the way" - an aside - irrelevant - nothing to do with the main argument. And you spend the longest paragraph of the post on this "BTW" irrelevant side track.

Section 2 This colour.
"have you ever seen the Saturday Night Live bit where some character is obviously
time later. oops!"
Well two topics stand out. they are "no plane at the Pentagon" and "examples of reversals". BUT those have nothing to do with the claim you tried to establish in the first paragraph. Why are you taking this side track? What is the relevance of those two features?

And overall your paragraph is confused. IMO there is no wonder that members call it "gibberish". They should also have said "irrelevant."

Then you take a couple of quantum leaps to a conclusion:

Section 3 This colour.

Where does that come from? There is no reasoning linking your claim "something wrong with cascade failure" to your conclusion "FRAUD"

If we edit out the irrelevant padding of your post this is what we have which is of some substance:

... the question remains that if indeed there were to have been "cascading failure"
of the floors, then what would have to happen in order to match up with what was observed, would be for the core & perimeter to have self-destructed in a matter of milliseconds after each floor had been demolished.

A) You have not proven the required facts of "the core & perimeter to have NOT self-destructed in a matter of milliseconds after
each floor had been demolished."
B) Even if you proved it would not be sufficient.
C) And "= FRAUD" is a false claim in two ways at least:
(i) It only proves that the small part of the official story is UNTRUE;
(ii) And, even if that small part is untrue it is a long way from proving the criminal allegation of "FRAUD".

So, in summary Mike2810 is correct with:
you fail to show this is the case.

Sander's comments:
...are irrelvant to your claim AND justified -- respectively.

Finally there is a second foundation error. Lack of focus. You need to determine what your claim is, to assemble evidence and reasoning to support that claim AND avoid both side trips into irrelevancies AND changing the topic part way through the post.

Last edited:
MK, quote "The official story = FRAUD!",
This is gibberish, unless you lay out what is the "fraud", and provide supporting documentation. and don't say look at msm vids for the evidence.

You choose to limit the scope of evidence admissible here, izat it?

As to the facts discernible from the "newsreels"
Please note that VERY rarely in nature do things repeat
as did the 3 airliner crashes, an airliner that hits a wall
and penetrates completely and disappears into the building,
before the huge fireball of jet-fuel explosion .... WHY are there
repeating events 3 X ... that is the Twin towers & Pentagon.

Considering the angle of the hit to the Pentagon WHY should
anyone expect to not see TONS of aircraft wreckage on the Pentagon lawn?

You choose to limit the scope of evidence admissible here, izat it?

As to the facts discernible from the "newsreels"
Please note that VERY rarely in nature do things repeat
as did the 3 airliner crashes, an airliner that hits a wall
and penetrates completely and disappears into the building,
before the huge fireball of jet-fuel explosion .... WHY are there
repeating events 3 X ... that is the Twin towers & Pentagon.

Considering the angle of the hit to the Pentagon WHY should
anyone expect to not see TONS of aircraft wreckage on the Pentagon lawn?

Just like a truther. taking things out of context. I wanted you to come up with something other than watch the news vids.
You failed.
you post your opinion. it proves nothing.

Just like a truther. taking things out of context. I wanted you to come up with something other than watch the news vids.
You failed.
you post your opinion. it proves nothing.

it is NOT a matter of opinion that the mainstream media alleges 3 airliners
penetrated completely into buildings ... two of said buildings had steel box columns in the walls
and one ( the PENTAGON ) had a military grade blast resistant wall and in all three cases said
"airliners" disappeared completely inside the buildings. howzat done?
also it is NOT a matter of opinion that three steel framed buildings were completely destroyed
in a matter of seconds in a manner that is extremely suggestive of Controlled Demolition.
( if it looks like a duck, has feathers like a duck ... etc ... )

I am NOT just spouting opinion here, what I'm telling you is available right off the
"newsreels" .... the fact that the INFORMATION available is not setting off alarms big time,
is to me quite shocking.

also it is NOT a matter of opinion that three steel framed buildings were completely destroyed
in a matter of seconds in a manner that is extremely suggestive of Controlled Demolition.

I am NOT just spouting opinion here, what I'm telling you is available right off the
"newsreels" .... the fact that the INFORMATION available is not setting off alarms big time,
is to me quite shocking.

It is a matter of uninformed opinion. Why should uninformed rants set off alarms?

No they were not destroyed in a matter of seconds... the processes took between 1 hr in 2wtc and about 8 hrs for 7wtc and included two jumbo jet impacts and extensive uncontrolled fires, electrical explosions and some unusual structural designs to say the least.

penetrated completely into buildings ... two of said buildings had steel box columns in the walls
and one ( the PENTAGON ) had a military grade blast resistant wall and in all three cases said
"airliners" disappeared completely inside the buildings. howzat done?

is to me quite shocking.

the only alarm is your continued posting, without any supporting documentation .

It's no longer alarming... it's predictable.

Space ... the final frontier .....

Beam me up SCOTTY .... its all sick & twisted here ....

it's all hardly different from the Greeks who needed to see their gods in the sky
Your connection between connecting the dots, Greek Mythology and 9/11 is shaky at best.

it's all hardly different from the Greeks who needed to see their gods in the sky
Your connection between connecting the dots, Greek Mythology and 9/11 is shaky at best.

Welcome! .... whats happening? are you a zealot, agnostic, or atheist? enquiring minds & all that rot ......

Hey folks. Credit where credit is due. Menard_K got some things right - some of your objections are a bit premature. ;)
penetrated completely into buildings ...
That statement is true - if we set aside the minor ambiguities of "alleges" and "completely".

Media statements that "...3 airliners penetrated into buildings" Are assertions of fact - not opinion.

The supplementary issues viz:
a) "two of said buildings had steel box columns in the walls
and";
b) "one ( the PENTAGON ) had a military grade blast resistant wall and"; AND
c) "in all three cases said "airliners" disappeared completely inside the buildings."

...are also assertions of fact not opinion. On this occasion ignoring any possible implication of the "scare quotes".

AND:
d) "howzat done?
...is a legitimate question despite the colloquial form of expression.

continuing with the analysis:
also it is NOT a matter of opinion"
is also true - the assertions which follow are assertions of fact viz:
e) "that three steel framed buildings were completely destroyed"
f) "in a matter of seconds"
g) "in a manner that is extremely suggestive of Controlled Demolition."

Whilst this;
Has the structure of an analogy which clearly implies that anything with multiple characteristics of a Duck implies "Duck".

I am NOT just spouting opinion here,
he is right. It is not "just" opinion. He has included quite a few assertions of fact. These are sub-assertions also of fact:
h) "what I'm telling you is available right off the 'newsreels'"

He even labels one correctly in this:
i)".... the fact that the INFORMATION available is not setting off alarms big time,"
j) "is to me quite shocking."

So all the sub elements are assertions of "fact"

That should clear up the confusion between "opinion" and "fact". IMO there is not one issue of opinion explicitly stated. Sure his reliance on innuendo leaves open that he is implying opinions. The easy way to deal with that one of his bad habits is - ignore innuendo and respond only to what is stated explicitly. It makes life a lot easier. :roll:

The next stage is to determine which of those expressions of "fact" are "true fact", recognising that "g)" is a claim of false fact, the analogy to duck is wrongly implied whilst "b)" and "f)" are insufficiently defined.

Last edited:
Hey folks. Credit where credit is due. Menard_K got some things right - some of your objections are a bit premature. ;)
That statement is true - if we set aside the minor ambiguities of "alleges" and "completely".

Media statements that "...3 airliners penetrated into buildings" Are assertions of fact - not opinion.

The supplementary issues viz:
a) "two of said buildings had steel box columns in the walls
and";
b) "one ( the PENTAGON ) had a military grade blast resistant wall and"; AND
c) "in all three cases said "airliners" disappeared completely inside the buildings."

...are also assertions of fact not opinion. On this occasion ignoring any possible implication of the "scare quotes".

AND:
d) "howzat done?
...is a legitimate question despite the colloquial form of expression.

continuing with the analysis: is also true - the assertions which follow are assertions of fact viz:
e) "that three steel framed buildings were completely destroyed"
f) "in a matter of seconds"
g) "in a manner that is extremely suggestive of Controlled Demolition."

Whilst this;
Has the structure of an analogy which clearly implies that anything with multiple characteristics of a Duck implies "Duck".

he is right. It is not "just" opinion. He has included quite a few assertions of fact. These are sub-assertions also of fact:
h) "what I'm telling you is available right off the 'newsreels'"

He even labels one correctly in this:
i)".... the fact that the INFORMATION available is not setting off alarms big time,"
j) "is to me quite shocking."

So all the sub elements are assertions of "fact"

That should clear up the confusion between "opinion" and "fact". IMO there is not one issue of opinion explicitly stated. Sure his reliance on innuendo leaves open that he is implying opinions. The easy way to deal wit that one of his bad habits is -ignore innuendo and respond only to what is stated explicitly. It makes life a lot easier. :roll:

The next stage is to determine which of those expressions of "fact" are "true fact", recognising that "g)" is a claim of false fact, the analogy to duck is wrongly implied whilst "b)" and "f)" are insufficiently defined.

conclusion ..... "ozeco41" = AI project

Ozzie produces the most well reason posts on the topic. You could learn something.
Thanks Sander.

Of our most prolific posting denialists I'm sure HD knows that even though he has only just met me.

I know that psikey understands - or did in 2007-8-9 and I doubt he has forgotten.

As for M_K my personal jury is still out.

I still see his posts as 50/50 - or rather "half and half". One half genuine doesn't understand and the other half his deliberate choice to not understand.

But I have been patiently explaining WTC 9/11 engineering reality for 6+ years across several forums so denialism is nothing new. Sadly the standard and quantity of proper discussion has gone downhill rapidly over the past two years - on my other forums that is - I don't know the historic participation or trends here. But trolling seems to be universally the dominant activity - plus the "counter trolling" that it attracts.

Not my scene - wasted activity so I limit myself somewhat.

Thanks Sander.

Of our most prolific posting denialists I'm sure HD knows that even though he has only just met me.

I know that psikey understands - or did in 2007-8-9 and I doubt he has forgotten.

As for M_K my personal jury is still out.

I still see his posts as 50/50 - or rather "half and half". One half genuine doesn't understand and the other half his deliberate choice to not understand.

But I have been patiently explaining WTC 9/11 engineering reality for 6+ years across several forums so denialism is nothing new. Sadly the standard and quantity of proper discussion has gone downhill rapidly over the past two years - on my other forums that is - I don't know the historic participation or trends here. But trolling seems to be universally the dominant activity - plus the "counter trolling" that it attracts.

Not my scene - wasted activity so I limit myself somewhat.

Critical thinkers when faced with reasoned arguments on the truther side would like just fade away... probably a bit embarrassed that they fell so hard and didn't think too clearly. Alternatively they might jump over to the 'rational' and argue against the truthers once having been over there in denial land. I consider myself somewhat similar , not a denier, but simply a trusted but didn't verify or think for myself or logically. I was asking questions and the response to them was that I was a truth denier spybot... which I was not and I then was confronted with the fact that these people were not interested in the truth, but in selling their beliefs to others. PR and willful ignorance and science deniers. Most had really done little heavy lifting at all to try to understand but lots to try to NOT understand. That's a problem. I did learn about how people think or don't or can't think and think they do!

But when they continue to 'debate' their irrationality is repeatedly revealed.

I thought the smart idiots thread at 911FF was quite a interesting presentation about the meta issues of the 911 event and the debate about it.

It's rather sad that there are no decent thinkers on the truth side and they are wandering lost in connect the dot land in a world where it can't happen here.

We get agreement
from all sides that indeed WTC7 descended for 2.25 sec
at Free Fall Acceleration

Sure, you get "agreement" about that among blind idiots who couldn't see the debris cloud falling faster than the building. But maybe things look different on Planet Earht.

Back
Top Bottom