• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Congress should vote to Repeal Section 230 as requested by President Trump

As an example - Dominion (the voting machine comapny) is currently in the process of suing the shit out of Lin Wood and Sidney Powell.

Without Section 230 protections, Dominion could have included Parler in that suit - and they would have been completely destroyed.

To the above - Destroyed? No.

To the topic.

Congress should vote to Repeal Section 230 as requested by President Trump
Yes they should.
And after that vote for a law similar to the one proposed in Poland.

The full name of the bill is the law on freedom of expressing one's own views and searching and disseminating information on the internet.

Under its provisions, social media services will not be allowed to remove content or block accounts if the content on them does not break Polish law. In the event of removal or blockage, a complaint can be sent to the platform, which will have 24 hours to consider it. Within 48 hours of the decision, the user will be able to file a petition to the court for the return of access. The court will consider complaints within seven days of receopt and the entire process is to be electronic.

Link

If Section 203 is repealed, Trump will lose all of his social media accounts.
For a while, there may be no social media for anyone as the fallout from the repeal of 230 rocks the main operatives of social media like Facebook and Twitter.

Trump will just flee Facebook and Twitter, for example, since a repeal of 230 will act as 'anti-trust legislation' and break up the power of said social media giants.

EDIT: Never let it be said that Trump is conservative...That he doesn't like him some regulations.:rolleyes:
Trump's still, most definitely, a capitalist...I know that sticks in the craw of most of you progressives.

Last edited:
Yes, it would great to remove censorship on those platforms.

Any "competitor" to Twitter relies on Section 230 to exist, as much as Twitter does.

Twitter has more money to pay lawyers than "Parler" does.
Perhaps, with 230 gone, social media has seen its day come and go.

Boo Hoo!!

Perhaps, with 230 gone, social media has seen its day come and go.

Boo Hoo!!

And DP? Where will we go to see all the inane rantings of the right?

And DP? Where will we go to see all the inane rantings of the right?
Or the left.

Y'all could go stand on a street corner.

How is that not a legal argument, define content provider and social media

Which is precisely why there needs to be a focused and informed debate resulting in a Bill to revise section 230. Simply revoking it , without a serious look at the issues will just make things worse. This should be dealt with as a stand alone issue not tucked into a Defense spending Bill just to soothe Trump' s ego!

Last edited:
Not so much a getting rid of social media as an intensity of regulations on social media.

LMAO.... Section 230 is not going anywhere... Donnie boy and his diapers are leaving soon...

I suspect that Trump and his goon operatives will now twist arms to slip an anti 230 measure into either another attempt with a Defense Spending Bill or COVID Relief Bill.

Lindsey Graham
@LindseyGrahamSC

·
Dec 23

Congress should vote to Repeal Section 230 as requested by President
@realDonaldTrump
. I will not vote to override presidential veto unless effort is made to wind down Section 230.
Nah. Let's just let Twitter, FB, Google and YouTube keep acting like they own the world.

And what happens when Twitter gets sued by everyone...including a slew of conservatives?

(Hint: There won't be anymore Twitter.)

There will not be any such sites, including this one. I will sue it as soon as you post your first lie and it will go away.

Nah. Let's just let Twitter, FB, Google and YouTube keep acting like they own the world.

Nope, just their own companies and are free to operate them as they like. I know that is a crazy concept for you as much as you like the Govt controlling everything.

There will not be any such sites, including this one. I will sue it as soon as you post your first lie and it will go away.
Since I never lie, I'm thinking a judge will slap you silly for bring your suit against DP.

I suspect that Trump and his goon operatives will now twist arms to slip an anti 230 measure into either another attempt with a Defense Spending Bill or COVID Relief Bill.

Lindsey Graham
@LindseyGrahamSC

·
Dec 23

Congress should vote to Repeal Section 230 as requested by President
@realDonaldTrump
. I will not vote to override presidential veto unless effort is made to wind down Section 230.
I can see why Lady G would like to "wind down" Section 230. I hope his effort fails.

Nope, just their own companies and are free to operate them as they like. I know that is a crazy concept for you as much as you like the Govt controlling everything.
500 million spent to elect Biden and he isn't arrested yet?

Since I never lie, I'm thinking a judge will slap you silly for bring your suit against DP.

Well, I won't call you lair for saying that since calling someone a lair is seen as flaming on this forum, but instead I will just laugh my ass off at you.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

, I'm thinking a judge will slap you silly for bring your suit against DP.

....sorta like they slapped Rudy and Powell upside the head for their silly , baseless suits. Judges don't do frivolous well.

....sorta like they slapped Rudy and Powell upside the head for their silly , baseless suits. Judges don't do frivolous well.

I really hope the Dominion guy that is suing them takes them for every penny they have for all the lies they told about him

Back
Top Bottom