• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Congratulations Ohio and Specifically Cleveland: Home of the Next GOP Convention.....

Re: Congraulations Ohio and Specifically Cleveland: Home of the Next GOP Convention..

Who MMC? One of our minor league baseball teams affiliated with the Indians has just changed their name from Akron Aeros to the Rubber Ducks - is that what you mean? They have a new mean-looking logo! :lol:

f_whistle.gif

Re: Congraulations Ohio and Specifically Cleveland: Home of the Next GOP Convention..

Oh yeah Lady P.
glasses12.gif
What about those amateur Sports Teams you gots playing and trying to calls them Professionals.....huh?
cya20.gif
Hey Hey Hey.....no wise cracks toward my Blue Jackets! :lol: They made it to the playoffs this year. I'm looking forward to hockey season. Columbus, Nationwide Arena will host the 2015 All-Star game

Last edited:

Hey Hey Hey.....no wise cracks toward my Blue Jackets! :lol: They made it to the playoffs this year. I'm looking forward to hockey season. Columbus, Nationwide Arena will host the 2015 All-Star game

Who?
glasses12.gif
..... :2razz:

Okay, I missed a vital clue, since you insist on looking innocent! It's not my fault, cause I'm usually quicker than that! To quote AP - harumph! :mrgreen:

Okay, I missed a vital clue, since you insist on looking innocent! It's not my fault, cause I'm usually quicker than that! To quote AP - harumph! :mrgreen:

Who?
glasses12.gif
..... :2razz:
That's just wrong. :lol:

Re: Congratulations Ohio and Specifically Cleveland: Home of the Next GOP Convention.

bravo.gif
Alright you Ohio Republicans, Tea Partiers and all those leaning to the Right. Now is the time to make your Mark. Time to get in the game early. It will be held at the Arena. 35k Visitors and expected 200 Mill in Economic Boost for the city.

As Vesper reminded me.....get ready for the battle-lines to be drawn. All those TV and Radio Ads. All those Robo-Calls. What say ye?

Republicans Pick Cleveland Over Dallas for Convention.....

CONVENTION-master675.jpg

Republicans chose Cleveland on Tuesday for their 2016 national convention, with the hope of appealing to Rust Belt voters who eluded them in the last two presidential elections, and an acknowledgment of the political value of ending the party’s nomination process sooner.

The city edged out Dallas after a review by the Republican National Committee that narrowed the field to the two finalists last week. Both cities aggressively courted party officials, with Dallas presenting cheerleaders and a parade of elephants, and Cleveland turning to the Browns’ first-round draft pick Johnny Manziel, a Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback. The choice must be ratified at a meeting of the full Republican National Committee next month in Chicago.

While each party lost the state where it held its 2012 conventions, Republicans believe holding their convention in a vital swing state will help them from an organizational and message standpoint. They were also mindful of history: No Republican has won the White House without carrying Ohio.

A convention in Ohio — highlighting the state’s top elected Republicans like Senator Rob Portman, who supports same-sex marriage, and Gov. John R. Kasich, who expanded Medicaid under the health care law — also allows the party to project a more moderate image than a convention in Texas, where party leaders include Senator Ted Cruz, a Tea Party favorite who may also seek the nomination.....snip~

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/09/u...veland-for-2016-national-convention.html?_r=0
I'm surprised they didn't pick Cincinnati. It's a city in which the GOP actually win a majority of the surrounding counties. Cleveland and it's burbs are solid Blue. The R putting thier convention in Cleveland would be like the Democrats placing theirs in Omaha.

I wanted Dallas, but..... Texas is safe and Ohio is teetering. Thus, its best to fire up support in Ohio.

The road to the White House goes through Ohio. Ohio picked the winning president in the last 11 elections. That's why the 2016 RNC is in Ohio.

Last edited:

Μολὼν λαβέ;1063512152 said:
The road to the White House goes through Ohio. Ohio picked the winning president in the last 11 elections. That's why the 2016 RNC is in Ohio.
lol, if they're counting on that, they didn't do their homework---no surprise there. This is the GOP we're talking about, after all.

Since 1996, the state where the RNC held it's convention has voted Blue. :lol:

The GOP, they really are the gang that can't shoot straight.

lol, if they're counting on that, they didn't do their homework---no surprise there. This is the GOP we're talking about, after all.

Since 1996, the state where the RNC held it's convention has voted Blue. :lol:

The GOP, they really are the gang that can't shoot straight.

Cmon now Calamity......you know that's better than shooting Blanks. Like that Democratic Party. :lol:

Cleveland is a fine blue collar town. Good choice.

It doesnt matter where they have it. Its a useless thing which only appeals to the media and partisans.

It doesnt matter where they have it. Its a useless thing which only appeals to the media and partisans.

Heya J5. :2wave: Here is the other reason why.

Priebus insisted his party's convention be scheduled for early summer 2016, roughly two months sooner than has become the norm. That would give the GOP's next presidential nominee quicker access to tens of millions of dollars in general election cash.

"The candidate can be broke, but they're not able to raise general election money until the convention is held," Priebus said earlier this week.

If the RNC insists on its preferred date and weeks of early access to hang balloons and bunting, the Cavaliers could be forced to look at other venues for post-season play. Ohio State University's basketball arena in Columbus is one such option.....snip~

James' return to Cleveland could complicate GOP

Back
Top Bottom