• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Completely and Totally Abolish the Military or Institute a Full Military Draft?

Abolish The Military or Institute a Draft?

• We should a fair and full fledged military draft at all times whether peace or war time.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • We should completely, totally abolish and outlaw the military where nobody serves.

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
TimmyBoy said:
No amount of money paid can replace my life. The only deal that I would be happy with as a combat vet, is increased political power, along with a higher benefit payout, since, money and economics cannot replace my life.

Sigh...

THEN DON'T JOIN THE MILITARY! You might not be happy with the benefits, but there are plenty of people who obviously ARE, or they wouldn't have joined in the first place.

TimmyBoy said:
Hmm, I think the military, as a collective whole, should go on strike to more effectively bargain the American people for a better deal, since the government and the American people don't want to pay a fair price.

That would require a few things:

1. The military would have to be primarily composed of people who were unhappy with their pay/benefits (which would be strange since they signed up for it knowing the benefits)

2. The soldiers would have to agree with one of your innane suggestions.

One can't help but wonder why you were in the military in the first place if you were completely dissatisfied with the pay/benefits. Are you as illogical in picking a job as you are in your political debate skills?

Back
Top Bottom