• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Compare and Contrast: Fox News Anchors’ Frantic Jan 6. Texts to Mark Meadows vs. What They Told Viewers

Nope. Neither death nor organization is required. By definition.

Nope. It was by definition sedition.

I’m sorry you don’t like the fact that words mean things. But reality doesn’t care. 1/6 was by definition sedition.
Not that I actually expected to get through to people that live in lala land.

By the way, you said an insurrection. The dictionary definition says it's an organized attempt to overthrow the government, and that typically it is violent. You should at least try to keep your wording consistent post by post so your blatant dishonesty and goal post shifting is less obvious. If that crowd had shown up looking to overthrow the government there would have been a lot of dead people. What you said is a complete perversion of reality.

Last edited:
Not that I actually expected to get through to people that live in lala land.
Words mean things. I’m sorry you don’t like it.
By the way, you said an insurrection. The dictionary definition says it's an organized attempt to overthrow the government, and that typically it is violent.
No it doesnt

You should at least try to keep your wording consistent post by post so your blatant dishonesty and goal post shifting is less obvious. If that crowd had shown up looking to overthrow the government there would have been a lot of dead people. What you said is a complete perversion of reality.
It doesn’t matter how badly you don’t like it. By definition, 1/6 was both an insurrection and an act of sedition.

Nice impersonation. :)

It doesn't bother you that the Fox News personalities were saying the truth in private, but lying to their viewers in public, basically functioning as a propaganda arm of the Trump administration?

It doesn't bother you that the Fox News personalities were giving the Trump administration media strategy tips, basically functioning as Trump's media advisors?

Nothing to say about any of that?

It doesn't bother you that the Fox News personalities were saying the truth in private, but lying to their viewers in public, basically functioning as a propaganda arm of the Trump administration?

It doesn't bother you that the Fox News personalities were giving the Trump administration media strategy tips, basically functioning as Trump's media advisors?

Nothing to say about any of that?
No.

Words mean things. I’m sorry you don’t like it.

No it doesnt

It doesn’t matter how badly you don’t like it. By definition, 1/6 was both an insurrection and an act of sedition.
The definition I looked at was more fleshed. Your link inside says a usually violent attempt to take control of a government. How would people do that without some kind of organization? Seems impossible. Seems like organization is obviously implied, which is why it's part of the definition from other sources.

It's actually gross that people are this committed to their pedantic partisan exaggerations. This stuff will cost the Democrats at the polls. Normal, sane people are more honest and reasonable.

What you're doing is equivalent to accusing somebody of a brutal assault for shoving you. Democrats are just making themselves look stupid.

Last edited:
The definition I looked at was more fleshed. Your link inside says a usually violent attempt to take control of a government. How would people do that without some kind of organization? Seems impossible.
What it seems like to you is meaningless.
Seems like organization is obviously implied, which is why it's part of the definition from other sources.
It’s irrelevant and not required, by definition.
It's actually gross that people are this committed to their pedantic partisan exaggerations.
I’m sorry you find the meaning of words to be pedantic. But honestly, nobody cares.
This stuff will cost the Democrats at the polls. Normal, sane people are more honest and reasonable.
Actually everyone other than trump supporters acknowledges the reality of 1/6 for what it was. An insurrection and act of sedition.
What you're doing is equivalent to accusing somebody of a brutal assault for shoving you.
Nope. What I’m doing is pointing out the meaning of words.
Democrats are just making themselves look stupid.
To trump supporters and seditionists, maybe. But the vast majority are able to acknowledge reality. It’s literally all on video.

I'm not sure which is more stupid, claiming that RS, TA or MJ is not part of MSM......or ignoring that RS has been writing about politics since it began.
I guess which post is more stupid then as none of those are a part of what is considered to be the mainstream media.

I’m sorry you find the meaning of words to be pedantic. But honestly, nobody cares.

Actually everyone other than trump supporters acknowledges the reality of 1/6 for what it was. An insurrection and act of sedition.

To trump supporters and seditionists, maybe. But the vast majority are able to acknowledge reality. It’s literally all on video.
I am reminded of the famous monkeys - Hear no Trump criticism, See no Trump criticism, Speak no Trump criticism. Anything that even hints at the semblance of criticism of HRA DJT must be sequestered from the mind and immediately attacked. The problem is, that means most of reality. Anyone with a functioning brain knows what January 6 was, what it was intended to do, and what it is called. Then there are Trump seditionists. We know which camp is which.

I am reminded of the famous monkeys - Hear no Trump criticism, See no Trump criticism, Speak no Trump criticism. Anything that even hints at the semblance of criticism of HRA DJT must be sequestered from the mind and immediately attacked. The problem is, that means most of reality. Anyone with a functioning brain knows what January 6 was, what it was intended to do, and what it is called. Then there are Trump seditionists. We know which camp is which.
I criticize Trump and conservatives all the time. I'm a left winger. I'm just not a left wing Qanon equivalent like the people that call January 6th an insurrection. At some point you divorce reality when you fall too far into the realm of exaggerated partisan outrage.

Want to know why Trump will never be convicted of treason or an attempt to lead an insurrection? It's because that's not what actually happened, and partisan nuttery won't fly in court. I don't think any of the random lunatics that went over the top at that protest are being convicted of those things either.

I haven't figured out how to get through to people that are mad and have lost touch with reality. Maybe it's not possible. This nonsense will have consequences for the left though.

Last edited:

Question...

Why is the FBI saying January 6th was not actually an insurrection? Why are charges and convictions like that not being handed out? Do you, like Trump, not trust the FBI and our justice system when it's politically inconvenient to do so?

Reasonable people understand that January 6th was a protest that went a little over the top. A person was shot and others are going to prison for committing crimes. Justice is being served.

There was no insurrection other than in the minds of partisans that have lost touch with reality.

I really do want to see the left be successful, but to push in that direction I must endure being called a Trump follower by simpletons that are insistent on shooting their own side in the foot. Pointing at and screaming at right wingers is not the smart path forward. We should be talking about plans and ideas for the future, but instead tribalistic morons can't get over their obsession with attacking and exaggerating the actions of the other side in some misguided pursuit of revenge.

Last edited:
Question...

Why is the FBI saying January 6th was not actually an insurrection?
They aren't
Why are charges and convictions like that not being handed out?
Irrelevant
Do you, like Trump, not trust the FBI and our justice system when it's politically inconvenient to do so?
I, like everyone else who watched the event knows that by definition it was an insurrection and sedition.
Reasonable people understand that January 6th was a protest that went a little over the top.
No, trump supporters trying to rationalize sedition say this. It doesn't matter that you don't like it. By definition, it was both sedition and insurrection.
A person was shot and others are going to prison for committing crimes. Justice is being served.
Yes, some people are going to jail.
There was no insurrection other than in the minds of partisans that have lost touch with reality.
Again, it's literally on video and was by definition an insurrection and sedition. It doesn't matter that you don't like this.
I really do want to see the left be successful, but to push in that direction I must endure being called a Trump follower by simpletons that are insistent on shooting their own side in the foot. Pointing at and screaming at right wingers is not the smart path forward. We should be talking about plans and ideas for the future, but instead tribalistic morons can't get over their obsession with attacking and exaggerating the actions of the other side in some misguided pursuit of revenge.
Well, it's hard to really talk about anything else when right wingers actively tried overturning a lawful election and confirmation, which is sedition, and their supporters try to rationalize it.

Obsession with January 6th is starting to make Democrats look unattractive. Everybody with sense can see that it was not even close to as big of a deal as the Democrats make it out to be.

Go ahead and continue to beat that drum and call for revenge, but it's just going to hurt your side. Left and right wing partisan hacks always shoot themselves in the foot with their stupidity.

Anyone with a working brain could see that "Hang Mike Pence" and a bunch of freaks carrying the flags of Confederate traitors into the Capitol was a big deal.

They aren't

Irrelevant

I, like everyone else who watched the event knows that by definition it was an insurrection and sedition.

No, trump supporters trying to rationalize sedition say this. It doesn't matter that you don't like it. By definition, it was both sedition and insurrection.

Yes, some people are going to jail.

Again, it's literally on video and was by definition an insurrection and sedition. It doesn't matter that you don't like this.

Well, it's hard to really talk about anything else when right wingers actively tried overturning a lawful election and confirmation, which is sedition, and their supporters try to rationalize it.
The FBI did indeed say there was no evidence of an insurrection attempt, and certainly nothing they were able to trace back to Trump. You probably didn't catch that on CNN though. Were you unaware of that fact or are just a liar? I have no idea at this point.

Also it's not irrelevant that nobody is being charged with sedition, treason or for attempted insurrection. That is very relevant. You saying it's not is just silly. You're not operating in reality.

Anyway, this is a lost cause. Like I said, go on and keep beating that drum while you scream at the sky. You're good at that.

Last edited:
Anyone with a working brain could see that "Hang Mike Pence" and a bunch of freaks carrying the flags of Confederate traitors into the Capitol was a big deal.
Thanks for contributing. You deserve a ribbon.

In one way both the seditionists and their opponents have the same goal: preventing election fraud. The seditionists, however, are basing their efforts on a fantasy and an actual fraud, while the rational world is opposed to them committing the fraud. The emotional content is the same, though. I'm as vehemently opposed to their efforts as they are to committing them. And, frankly, as willing to defend the Constitution as they are to defeat it.

The FBI did indeed say there was no evidence of an insurrection attempt, and certainly nothing they were able to trace back to Trump. You probably didn't catch that on CNN though. Were you unaware of that fact or are just a liar? I have no idea at this point.

Also it's not irrelevant that nobody is being charged with sedition, treason or for attempted insurrection. That is very relevant. You saying it's not is just silly. You're not operating in reality.

Anyway, this is a lost cause. Like I said, go on and keep beating that drum while you scream at the sky. You're good at that.
That's just unadulterated bullshit. The FBI said no such thing. Where did you hear that? Source? Citation?

I would consider something that was actually a threat to be a big deal. There wasn't a whole lot of death as far as insurrections go, don't you think? It was a protest that got a little too rowdy. The left needs to get real with this shit.
They were chanting "Hang Mike Pence" while breaking into the building he wasin, carrying the gallows to do it with. How much more threatening do you want?

The FBI did indeed say there was no evidence of an insurrection attempt,
It's been reported supporting your claim.

The Cambridge Dictionary defines “insurrection” as: “an organized attempt by a group of people to defeat their government and take control of their country, usually by violence”

By that definition, there was no “insurrection” at the United States Capitol on Jan. 6, according to the FBI. Reuters reports:
So, perhaps many of the leftists on DP have been spending too much of their time scoping out Fox News to have noticed.
and certainly nothing they were able to trace back to Trump. You probably didn't catch that on CNN though. Were you unaware of that fact or are just a liar? I have no idea at this point.

That's just unadulterated bullshit. The FBI said no such thing. Where did you hear that? Source? Citation?
Reuters and others have done stories on it. I'm at work on my phone right now. That's why people aren't being arrested for the things you claim happened. The worst agitators were lone nuts acting on their own. An insurrection is not what that was. I'd even be willing to entertain calling it a riot. It wasn't an insurrection though.

Thanks.

This stuff can easily be found by anybody that's actually interested in reality.
I know how easy it is to find, but I wonder how easy it is for the left to acknowledge. I think because of TDS they simply have a cognitive disconnect going on in their minds.

I know how easy it is to find, but I wonder how easy it is for the left to acknowledge. I think because of TDS they simply have a cognitive disconnect going on in their minds.
I think partisans have just completely abandoned reason and integrity and justify it with their fears of right or left wing evil. The end justifies the means. All that matters is that evil fails.

Back
Top Bottom