• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Compare and Contrast: Fox News Anchors’ Frantic Jan 6. Texts to Mark Meadows vs. What They Told Viewers

I think partisans have just completely abandoned reason and integrity and justify it with their fears of right or left wing evil. The end justifies the means. All that matters is that evil fails.
Until a third party becomes a viable competition to the two party system I fear we're stuck with "evil" just wearing a different outfit from one cycle to the next. I'm very cynical anymore.

It's been reported supporting your claim.

So, perhaps many of the leftists on DP have been spending too much of their time scoping out Fox News to have noticed.

Excluding the militia groups like the Oathkeepers, there was very likely no organized conspiracy to overthrow the government on Jan 6th. I think that's very clear.

But make no mistake, Trump and his associates and his supporters participated in a conspiracy of lies. They spread lies about the election, inventing false allegations of election fraud, and spread this disinformation on social media, on right-wing media in a pathetic attempt to keep Trump in office. And these Fox News media personalities were part of this conspiracy and their text messages prove it.

They lied and the Trump supporters reacted to that lie. We even have Trump supporters on this forum who still suffer from the delusion that the election was stolen from Trump.

Republicans and Trump supporters are playing with fire, and if it gets out of control it could destroy the Republic.

And normal, more sane, more rational Republicans are too cowardly too stand up and say to their political allies, "Enough is enough. Stop lying."

If Republicans and Trump supporters do not start taking responsibility for what happened Jan 6th is going to happen again.

And you guys don't give a shit. You don't care.

Normal and sane Trump supporters and Republicans have nothing to say. Why? Because they hate Democrats more than they love the Republic. And it's a problem.

Until a third party becomes a viable competition to the two party system I fear we're stuck with "evil" just wearing a different outfit from one cycle to the next. I'm very cynical anymore.
My position on this has evolved over the years. The longer I live in this country and the older I get, the more I realize it's really not that bad here. Regardless of who is running the show America is still a great country and a great place to live. I think these fat, drunk and generally spoiled people tend to forget that while they go on and on about how horrifying things are here.

I think on some level people just want some giant colossal problem that they have to help be a part of the solution to. Maybe it makes their lives feel more meaningful or something. I think the reality however is that they're just inventing monsters.

I still think that on some level top Democrats and Republicans are both on the same team, but these days I lean towards that being because the layman is just too stupid to understand a lot of things. Things operate this way here because they need to.

Excluding the militia groups like the Oathkeepers, there was very likely no organized conspiracy to overthrow the government on Jan 6th. I think that's very clear.

But make no mistake, Trump and his associates and his supporters participated in a conspiracy of lies. They spread lies about the election, inventing false allegations of election fraud, and spread this disinformation on social media, on right-wing media in a pathetic attempt to keep Trump in office. And these Fox News media personalities were part of this conspiracy and their text messages prove it.

They lied and the Trump supporters reacted to that lie. We even have Trump supporters on this forum who still suffer from the delusion that the election was stolen from Trump.

Republicans and Trump supporters are playing with fire, and if it gets out of control it could destroy the Republic.

And normal, more sane, more rational Republicans are too cowardly too stand up and say to their political allies, "Enough is enough. Stop lying."

If Republicans and Trump supporters do not start taking responsibility for what happened Jan 6th is going to happen again.

And you guys don't give a shit. You don't care. And it's a problem.
Now that we've got that settled, what else would you like to say about us deplorables?

Now that we've got that settled, what else would you like to say about us deplorables?

I don't think you're a deplorable. I'm not talking about you. I think you're more reasonable than most.

I'm talking about your dumb ass friends.

And, yes, I'm irritated you don't care that your friends are dumbasses.

I am very irritated that rational, normal Republicans like you ain't got shit to say about these Fox News personalities making propaganda on Trump's behalf.

It's a problem.

The Republic is more important than your irritation of Democrats.

These Fox News people are not your friends. They are trying to manipulate you and others. Why have you got nothing to say?

That is not an accurate statement. It's not even close. I've read that reporting. "Sources say", "former FBI opine", etc., is not the same thing as "the FBI says". This is the problem with confusing opinion with fact. What the FBI actually said (through its director) is "The FBI has arrested hundreds of individuals with regards to rioting, assault on a federal officer, property crimes violations, and conspiracy charges." What, pray tell, do you think those conspiracy charges are for? What were they conspiring to do?

Those reports you are relying on were from August. A lot has been learned since then, including the involvement of Congress members and planning by administration officials. Maybe you've missed that part, or prefer to ignore it? I'd suggest a less ideological and more balanced approach to reportage. For example: After 50 rioters sentenced for January 6 insurrection, a debate rages over what justice looks like (CNN). Or, if you prefer more ideologically pure sources, Gone Too Far (National Review, Opinion) ("The Capitol riot happened because President Donald Trump simply lied, and lied, and lied.") BTW, he's talking to you:

There is a kind of partisan kick-reflex that is surely active in many people reading this. The reflex kicks: The Left is at war with the Right. It kicks again: Stop punching to your right. It kicks again: Stop trying to police the Right and stop trying to make it respectable to the Left.

But it’s not them I care about. It’s simply the truth. Treating Trump like a baby whose feelings had to be coddled at the end resulted in Ashli Babbitt’s getting shot as she tried to break into Congress against a lawful order to desist. He could no more Stop the Steal than make Mexico pay for the wall. But, pay for his actions? Some people did.

The FBI did indeed say there was no evidence of an insurrection attempt, and certainly nothing they were able to trace back to Trump.
They did not say any such thing.
You probably didn't catch that on CNN though. Were you unaware of that fact or are just a liar? I have no idea at this point.
Comments like this is how we know when you claim to be a democrat or left wing, that you are full of shit.
Also it's not irrelevant that nobody is being charged with sedition, treason or for attempted insurrection.
It's completely irrelevant. Charges have no relevance to the meaning of words.
That is very relevant. You saying it's not is just silly. You're not operating in reality.
Im pounding you over the head with reality. Words mean things. Stomping your feet because you don't like it doesn't change the meaning of words.
Anyway, this is a lost cause. Like I said, go on and keep beating that drum while you scream at the sky. You're good at that.
Yes, I'm quite good at proving my arguments.

I don't think you're a deplorable. I'm not talking about you. I think you're more reasonable than most.

I'm talking about your dumb ass friends.

And, yes, I'm irritated you don't care that your friends are dumbasses.

I am very irritated that rational, normal Republicans like you ain't got shit to say about these Fox News personalities making propaganda on Trump's behalf.

It's a problem.
I'm married to a Democrat. She keeps me grounded. :)

My two daughters are die-hard Trump supporters. We don't see eye to eye on specifics, but we manage to respect each other.

My son takes after his mother politically, but we love hanging out with each other.

I only try to convince those who I think may have an open mind. Not many of them.

I rarely watch Fox. I have that neat little tool called a remote control whenever the bs gets too deep, which usually is what the trifecta of talking heads offer. Imo, it's nothing but wash, rinse, repeat. There's more entertaining reruns for me to watch on television.

Laura Ingraham

Text to Meadows: “Mark, the president needs to tell people in the Capitol to go home. This is hurting all of us. He is destroying his legacy.”

Message to viewers: “From a chaotic Washington tonight, earlier today the Capitol was under siege by people who can only be described as antithetical to the MAGA movement,” Ingraham said on Jan. 6. “Now, they were likely not all Trump supporters, and there are some reports that antifa sympathizers may have been sprinkled throughout the crowd.”

“I have never seen Trump rally attendees wearing helmets, black helmets, brown helmets, black backpacks — the uniforms you saw in some of these crowd shots,” she added.

Sean Hannity

Text to Meadows: “Can he make a statement? … Ask people to leave the Capitol.”

Message to viewers: “I’d like to know who the agitators were,” Hannity said on Jan. 6, holding that “those who truly support President Trump … do not support those that commit acts of violence.”

“I don’t care if the radical left, radical right — I don’t know who they are,” he added. “They’re not people I would support. So how were officials not prepared? We got to answer that question. How did they allow the Capitol building to be breached in what seemed like less than a few minutes?”

Brian Kilmeade​

Text to Meadows: “Please get him on TV. Destroying everything you have accomplished.”

Message to viewers: “I do not know Trump supporters that have ever demonstrated violence that I know of in a big situation,” Kilmeade said on Jan. 6.

While news of its hosts’ texts was breaking on Monday night, Fox News was not covering the committee’s meeting live, nor did Hannity nor Ingraham addressed it on their primetime programs. Even when Hannity interviewed Meadows on his show that night, neither mentioned the messages, according to The Daily Beast, which also reported that Kilmeade did not bring up his texts to Meadows during Tuesday morning’s three-hour episode of Fox & Friends.

Hannity did address the comments on his radio show on later Tuesday. “Now, why would they release this, except that they’re trying to make a point?” he said.

Rep. Jim McGovern (D-Mass.) noted the network’s deafening silence during a committee meeting on Tuesday. “As of the start of the meeting … there has been zero mentions on Fox News of their hosts’ texts to Mark Meadows,” he said. “Not one, and that’s despite the fact that one of the hosts that texted him was on the air all morning,” McGovern added, referring to Kilmeade.
Okeeyyyyyy. And......................??

They did not say any such thing.

Comments like this is how we know when you claim to be a democrat or left wing, that you are full of shit.

It's completely irrelevant. Charges have no relevance to the meaning of words.

Im pounding you over the head with reality. Words mean things. Stomping your feet because you don't like it doesn't change the meaning of words.

Yes, I'm quite good at proving my arguments.
Lol

Denying reality and even accusing me of lying about my own ideology. I guess you have no other choice. Thanks for the fun. Have a nice day.

Lol

Denying reality and even accusing me of lying about my own ideology.
I've proven my position with the actual definition of the words lol. And yes, nobody believes you about your political affiliation. I don't know who you think you are fooling.
I guess you have no other choice. Thanks for the fun. Have a nice day.
No other choice? I've proven my position with the definition of the words. This angers you, as a trump supporter, so you have to stomp your feet. It's amusing.

And you guys don't give a shit. You don't care.

Normal and sane Trump supporters and Republicans have nothing to say. Why? Because they hate Democrats more than they love the Republic. And it's a problem.
I completely agree. The discussion about whether the attack on the Capitol was "a riot" or "an insurrection" (it was both ;)) is beside the point and a deflection from the topic of the thread. Most of the people who were present on January 6 did not commit crimes. More than a thousand did. As the prosecutions demonstrate, the majority of the crimes committed were misdemeanors, but a thousand felonies have been charged, with more still to come. Over 200 participants are charged with a variety of felonies, mostly assaults. Some, however, have been charged with conspiracy - again with more expected.

The thread, however, and its real point, is the disconnect between rhetoric and behavior. Saying one thing, and knowing another. Fox personalities were well aware who was responsible for the violence, and why, but pretended otherwise on air. They were aware of the danger, but have downplayed and excused it since. Similarly, there are posters here who mouth concerns about "election fraud" and promote "the big lie", but are perfectly aware that there is no evidence; they know that the riot was the hoped-for outcome Trump promoted, but pretend it was spontaneous; they know the rhetoric is corrosive, but push it anyway; they know it is a danger to civil discourse and a threat to the constitutional order, but they pursue it for partisan "gain". Actions have consequences, but rhetoric does too.

The biggest threat to our "domestic tranquility" is home grown extremism, but its close cousin and bedfellow is extremist rhetoric and excuses for deception.

I've proven my position with the actual definition of the words lol. And yes, nobody believes you about your political affiliation. I don't know who you think you are fooling.

No other choice? I've proven my position with the definition of the words. This angers you, as a trump supporter, so you have to stomp your feet. It's amusing.
Right, right...

Hypothetically though, if I was actually what I say I am, you'd look kind of silly and paranoid from my perspective, no?

Last edited:
Right, right...

Hypothetically though, if I was actually what I say I am, you'd like kind of silly and paranoid from my perspective, no?
because I've given you the definitions of the words and pointed out the events that happened on live TV on 1/6 were by definition what those words mean?

because I've given you the definitions of the words and pointed out the events that happened on live TV on 1/6 were by definition what those words mean?
Nah. You're straight up being dishonest and a read through the thread makes it obvious.

Nah. You're straight up being dishonest and a read through the thread makes it obvious.
again, because I gave you the definitions of the words, and pointed out the events witnessed on live TV were by definition what those words mean?

again, because I gave you the definitions of the words, and pointed out the events witnessed on live TV were by definition what those words mean?
Play your games. It's all good. Reality is waiting if you ever decide to join us.

I've started a thread to discuss the riot/insurrection dichotomy to excise that debate from this thread. Here it is a distraction; There it is the subject.

Play your games. It's all good. Reality is waiting if you ever decide to join us.
how is directly refuting your position with the actual definition of the words a game in your mind? You do understand that right here, in reality, you were given the definitions of the words and showed the events that happened on live tv fit those definitons right?

how is directly refuting your position with the actual definition of the words a game in your mind? You do understand that right here, in reality, you were given the definitions of the words and showed the events that happened on live tv fit those definitons right?
🙄

👌

it's ok. I accept your concession. you weren't fooling anyone anyway.
Gonna have to do one more if you want the last word that bad.

I'm having a hard time thinking of a more disgusting liar than Sean Hannity. Donald Trump?

Partisan left wingers won't be satisfied until Trump and his followers are hanging from the gallows. It's never going to happen, sorry. It was a protest and a handful of people crossed the line.

I'm not a right wingers either, but stupid partisans don't understand what integrity looks like, so I'll just let it slide.
I think you're projecting the right's obsession with the Clintons. You still want to "Lock her Up", don't you?

Back
Top Bottom