• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Comey: "I Was Wrong"

Trump

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
must be feeling the heat.....

Comey said, He's right. I was wrong. I was overconfident as director in our procedures of the FBI and Justice have built over 20 years years. I thought they were robust enough. It's incredibly hard to get a FISA. I was overconfident in those because he's right, there was real sloppiness 17 things that should have been in the application or at least discussed and characterized differently. It was not acceptable, so he's right. I was wrong.

Comey: 'I Was Wrong' -- FBI's FISA Abuse 'Was Not Acceptable' | Breitbart

Maybe Comey should try trump's approach and say it was a perfect FISA application, and the IG is a witch hunt, and claim the IG completely exonerated the FBI of any mistakes.

Comey....climbing out from under his God Conplex to admit a mistake? That won't last long.

Thanks for this, I was going to look for it later today.

Comey seems to be saying the same thing as the I.G. report is saying:

"There was some sloppiness, but nothing partisan or done intentionally or through animus"

You forgot to add where Comey said “for reals, no partisan bias, all 17 errors in this investigation were against Donald Trump, but please no errors, my lead investigator was a degenerate cheating on his wife while talking about a plan for a coup against Trump on FBI servers, and I’m way too soft for the big house so please no partisan shenanigans were done you must believe me”

I wonder if he would like to live in the Ecuadorian embassy

Comey....climbing out from under his God Conplex to admit a mistake? That won't last long.

I watched the interview with Wallace. Comey admits to very little and lays the blame for everything at the feet of Trump who said mean things about him and his agency...even though it turns out that they really did **** a lot of stuff up.

You forgot to add where Comey said “for reals, no partisan bias, all 17 errors in this investigation were against Donald Trump, but please no errors, my lead investigator was a degenerate cheating on his wife while talking about a plan for a coup against Trump on FBI servers, and I’m way too soft for the big house so please no partisan shenanigans were done you must believe me”

All 17 errors were against Carter Page. He had left the campaign long before even the 1st warrant was approved. Furthermore, he was never really part of the campaign to begin with...heck, he never even met Trump!

All 17 errors were against Carter Page. He had left the campaign long before even the 1st warrant was approved. Furthermore, he was never really part of the campaign to begin with...heck, he never even met Trump!

Ok, so they focused on Page because he was connected to Trump.

He didn't say that, because it is not true. However you are saying it, take it as you will.

I watched the interview with Wallace. Comey admits to very little and lays the blame for everything at the feet of Trump who said mean things about him and his agency...even though it turns out that they really did **** a lot of stuff up.
Obviously there would be no justification for partisanship or criminal wrong-doing in federal investigations, and thankfully the I.G. found none. But when you put a criminal like Manafort in charge of your campaign, what the hell do you think would occur? If you don't want the scrutiny of the F.B.I., don't surround yourself with criminals. Duh! :doh

How rich! Six days ago crummy Comey was singing a different tune....

James Comey
@Comey
·
Dec 9
"So it was all lies. No treason. No spying on the campaign. No tapping Trumps wires. It was just good people trying to protect America."

"On Monday, we learned from a report by the Justice Department’s inspector general, Michael Horowitz, that the allegation of a criminal conspiracy was nonsense. There was no illegal wiretapping, there were no informants inserted into the campaign, there was no “spying” on the Trump campaign.

Although it took two years, the truth is finally out."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...4df00c-1aad-11ea-8d58-5ac3600967a1_story.html

How rich! Six days ago crummy Comey was singing a different tune....

James Comey
@Comey
·
Dec 9
"So it was all lies. No treason. No spying on the campaign. No tapping Trumps wires. It was just good people trying to protect America."

"On Monday, we learned from a report by the Justice Department’s inspector general, Michael Horowitz, that the allegation of a criminal conspiracy was nonsense. There was no illegal wiretapping, there were no informants inserted into the campaign, there was no “spying” on the Trump campaign.

Although it took two years, the truth is finally out."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...4df00c-1aad-11ea-8d58-5ac3600967a1_story.html

1. There was no illegal wiretapping, no spying, no unprofessional behavior in the Russia Probe, and no bias conducted in that investigation.
2. The FISA warrant into Carter Page was bad.

So here's the six million dollar question: what do those two things have to do with each other?

Obviously there would be no justification for partisanship or criminal wrong-doing in federal investigations, and thankfully the I.G. found none. But when you put a criminal like Manafort in charge of your campaign, what the hell do you think would occur? If you don't want the scrutiny of the F.B.I., don't surround yourself with criminals. Duh! :doh

Manafort was a long-time Republican Party campaign consultant... where was the outrage pre-Trump campaign? Manafort served as an adviser to the U.S. presidential campaigns of Republicans Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, and Bob Dole. Does that make them complicit for picking a criminal like Manafort?

People simply didn't know about Manafort's criminal activities. They certainly did not know he was committing bank fraud. When the Trump campaign got wind of Manafort's possible dealings, he was promptly let go. What's the problem?
You are looking for a Trump crime, my friend.

Manafort was a long-time Republican Party campaign consultant... where was the outrage pre-Trump campaign?Manafort served as an adviser to the U.S. presidential campaigns of Republicans Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, and Bob Dole. People simply didn't know about Manafort's criminal activities. When the Trump campaign got wind of Manafort's possible dealings, he was promptly let go.
Manafort was investigated repeatedly for years before the campaign, at least since 2014, and rightfully so - he has a dozen felonies to show for it. None of us knew about his crimes, but the F.B.I. was onto him. You're questioning me about things neither you nor I knew about at the time, but the proof would seem to be in his convictions from that period.

The IG DID NOT find "no partisanship. He said that Priestap didn't act in a partisan matter in opening the investigation. He did not find documentary or testimonial evidence of partisanship during the investigation but he did find that reasons for the errors and omissions were not adequately answered. In his testimony he EXPRESSLY leaves open the possibility that partisanship DID play a role.

The IG DID NOT find "no partisanship. He said that Priestap didn't act in a partisan matter in opening the investigation. He did not find documentary or testimonial evidence of partisanship during the investigation but he did find that reasons for the errors and omissions were not adequately answered. In his testimony he EXPRESSLY leaves open the possibility that partisanship DID play a role.

We all know that it was a full onboard partisanship investigations in which fbi agents lied, changed testimony side evidence and all other sorts of illegal acts.

From his report:

We concluded that Priestap's exercise of discretion in opening the investigation was in compliance with Department and FBI policies, and we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced his decision. We similarly found that, while the formal documentation opening each of the four individual investigations was approved by Strzok (as required by the DIOG), the Executive Summary Review of Four FISA Applications and Other Aspects of the FBI's Crossfire Hurricane Investigation decisions to do so were reached by a consensus among the Crossfire Hurricane agents and analysts who identified individuals associated with the Trump campaign who had recently traveled to Russia or had other alleged ties to Russia. Priestap was involved in these decisions. We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the decisions to open the four individual investigations.

"We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the FBI's decision to seek FISA authority on Carter Page. "

We all know that it was a full onboard partisanship investigations in which fbi agents lied, changed testimony side evidence and all other sorts of illegal acts.

I'll take Horowitz's word over yours.

That's not quite what Horowitz said. He said that under FBI protocol, such an investigation can be justified and he found no reason that politics played a role in that decision.
The standard used was 'Downer said that PapaD said that Mifsud said that some Russians said that some other Russians had incriminating info on Mrs. Clinton.'
A few things:
1. Is that an acceptable standard for thinking Trump was conspiring with Russia? After all, everything else over the past few years flows from this. Manafort had nothing to do with Russia; he worked for Ukraine.

2. Why was the FBI director in the weeds of the investigation? His job is to supervise.

3. Isn't it rather fair to say that there is a STRONGER argument, based on the standards used to investigate candidate Trump, to THINK about, again merely THINK about, not actually do anything, investigate candidate Biden?

Last edited:
1. There was no illegal wiretapping, no spying, no unprofessional behavior in the Russia Probe, and no bias conducted in that investigation.
2. The FISA warrant into Carter Page was bad.

So here's the six million dollar question: what do those two things have to do with each other?

1. That's not quite what Horowitz said. He said based on FBI standards, the opening of the investigation was appropriate.
The question Barr is asking, and I would imagine Durham as well, were the standards applied properly.

2. The FISA warrant was used as a backdoor to gain access to the Trump campaign. By October 2016, it seems to have been an article of faith in the FBI leadership that Trump was conspiring with Russia.

Something I've never heard come out of the mouth of even a single Trumper here on DP, or anywhere else for that matter:

"I was wrong."

To date, I have never ever heard even one Trumper admit that they were ever wrong about anything Trump has said or done.
Trump's always right, they're always right...but more importantly...they're never ever wrong, and Trump must never be challenged, on anything, ever...EVER.

Manafort was investigated repeatedly for years before the campaign, at least since 2014, and rightfully so - he has a dozen felonies to show for it. None of us knew about his crimes, but the F.B.I. was onto him. You're questioning me about things neither you nor I knew about at the time, but the proof would seem to be in his convictions from that period.

If what you are saying is true, (bold), I have no reason to disbelieve the above, wouldn't the onus be on the FBI to have informed the Trump campaign that Manafort was under investigation since 2014? And if so, why would you put blame on the Trump campaign for things they didn't know?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom