• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Comer invites Biden to testify publicly as part of House impeachment inquiry.

If Joe did no wrong then he will show up and tell the committee? Right?

Well that is a complete distortion of what Comer wants as well as the validity of this committee... but keep telling yourself Biden should take Comer's bait.

Hunter has been demanding a public hearin and now he's getting it. I say he doesn't show. What do you think?
What’s this have to do with Hunter? Is he being impeached?

It’s pretty obvious what happened here. Comer finally caved on impeachment a while ago because there is no evidence whatsoever that Joe Biden did anything wrong.

But obviously he didn’t get permission from Trump and now Trump has turned Comer over his knee, spanked him and told him not only to continue the impeachment but also to grill Joe Biden on national television.

Facing the prospect that they may never be able to impeach President Joe Biden, House Republicans are exploring a pivot to a different strategy: issuing criminal referrals against him and those close to him.

In recent weeks, a political and factual reality has set in on Capitol Hill. Despite their subpoenas and depositions, House Republicans have been unable to produce any solid evidence of wrongdoing by Biden and lack the votes in their own party to charge him with high crimes and misdemeanors, the constitutional standard for impeachment.

Instead, top GOP lawmakers have begun strategizing about making criminal referrals against Biden, members of his family and his associates, essentially sending letters to the Justice Department urging prosecutors to investigate specific crimes they believe may have been committed.

The move would be largely symbolic, but it would allow Republicans in Congress to save face while ending their so far struggling impeachment inquiry. It has the added appeal for the GOP of aligning with former President Donald Trump’s vow to prosecute Biden if he wins the election.

This was confirmed in a fundraising email as recently as two days ago:

Not about Trump! Try to understand that. This is 100% about dirty Joe.
Don't talk about Truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmp! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

That's the point. Joe has been accused of taking bribes. Now he is being given an opportunity to defend himself.
If Joe did no wrong then he will show up and tell the committee? Right?
Just like ex-President Trump did when subpoenaed by the January 6th committee. Right?
The committee withdrew the subpoena. Try again.

The date for Trump to testify on the original subpoena was November 14, 2022. When was it withdrawn?

Trump was accused of engaging in illegal and unconstitutional acts. He was given an opportunity to defend himself before Congress. He didn't show up.

I think he doesn't gat a vote. Subpoena him and if he doesn't show, arrest him for contempt of Congress.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." - George Orwell, Animal Farm

The date for Trump to testify on the original subpoena was November 14, 2022. When was it withdrawn?

Trump was accused of engaging in illegal and unconstitutional acts. He was given an opportunity to defend himself before Congress. He didn't show up.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." - George Orwell, Animal Farm
The committee was over after the election because democrats lost the house. It was then deemed a bureaucratic masturbation party. They had absolutely no power.

Hunter has been demanding a public hearin and now he's getting it. I say he doesn't show. What do you think?

That was very polite of Comer to issue an invitation to the president.
I hope for the country's sake, the big guy promptly RSVPs.

Why on Earth would President Biden testify when Congress has ZERO evidence of wrongdoing?

If you read the article you'll see why James Comer would like the big guy to appear before congress.

If you read the article you'll see why James Comer would like the big guy to appear before congress.
and when he does should Biden do the same thing Trump did in NY and answer with, I will be taking the 5th for all questions you will be asking. :giggle:

My guess Joe lies a lot more than they do?
I understand why he does not want to go......
You actually don't, but it's pretty clear why you and others who support this idiocy do. It's obvious that if Comer and the rest of the committee actually had some worthwhile questions, they would have done this a while ago and most likely would have called for a closed door session like they did with everyone else. This is almost guaranteed to be just for show, with the hopes they trip Biden into some gaffe and have soundbites to help Trump with. The House investigation took its shot and has managed to get hit with the ricochet.

An invitation full of lies and baseless accusations for purely political partisan reasons is anything but polite or even proper, it's disrespectful of the office and detrimental to the best interests of the country.

I think it's insane. He already testified the way the GOP wanted, in private.
This is more zoo crap from the party of circus animals

The committee was over after the election because democrats lost the house. It was then deemed a bureaucratic masturbation party. They had absolutely no power.
Non sequitur. When Trump had the chance to clear his name, he wussed out. Why? He's guilty as ****.

🤭

It's like an invite to a party you know will be filled with jerks and ne'er-do-wells. The question is whether the invite is flat out ignored or politely declined. Sparing Comer some more embarrassment would be a nice gesture on Biden's part.

To which Biden replied: Ha! Ha! Get ****ed.

That's the point. Joe has been accused of taking bribes. Now he is being given an opportunity to defend himself.
I'm accusing Comer of murder. He has to defend himself first. I have it on the good authority of Lev Parnas. (y)

I'm accusing Comer of murder. He has to defend himself first. I have it on the good authority of Lev Parnas. (y)
Show the evidence. The congressional committee has bank records.

Back
Top Bottom